T4. Abilene Wylie
T4. Brownwood
6. Lubbock Estacado
7. Graham
8. Gainesville
T9. WF Hirschi
T9. Levelland

Others Receiving Votes: Decatur, Pampa

Agree but S'Ville, Andrews, and Big Spring are way better than the rest of the top 10

95mustang
10-08-2014, 06:44 AM
[QUOTE=SHSBulldog00;1829008]Division 1

Region 1

1. Stephenville
2. Andrews
3. Big Spring
T4. Abilene Wylie
T4. Brownwood
6. Lubbock Estacado
7. Graham
8. Gainesville
T9. WF Hirschi
T9. Levelland

Agree but S'Ville, Andrews, and Big Spring are way better than the rest of the top 10

I wouldn't sleep on Abilene Wylie or Brownwood.

hollywood
10-08-2014, 09:11 AM
I wouldn't sleep on Abilene Wylie or Brownwood.

Agreed. I think the district will finish in this order.

Stephenville
Big Spring
Brownwood
Abilene Wylie
Snyder

Sweetwater Red
10-08-2014, 09:21 AM
Agreed. I think the district will finish in this order.

Stephenville
Big Spring
Brownwood
Abilene Wylie
Snyder

Agreed.

Brownwood playing better than most expected and Wylie
seems to be underachieving.

hollywood
10-08-2014, 10:19 AM
Agreed.

seems to be underachieving.

And not to make excuses, but again Wylie has suffered injuries to key players this season. Makes me ask what kind of strength program Wylie has. It could just be bad luck, but it seems that Wylie has really suffered from key players being injured over the past 3-4 years.

slingshot
10-08-2014, 12:55 PM
Agreed.

seems to be underachieving.Underachieving? You think Sweetwater would be undefeated playing our schedule? Hardest in the state, hands down. They would likely be 2-4 right now.
I would like to see us go to a better strength and conditioning program--prob not in the cards though. Our key loss this year was to Kleffner--leading rusher and receiver. Don't think a better strength and conditioning program would have prevented a fractured clavicle (collar bone). Was just an unlucky break--no pun intended. The other injuries we have suffered have mainly been several concussions--again, doubt a different strength program would make a difference. Lack of an integrated strength and conditioning program shows when we play teams like Stephenville that can match our numbers and coaching but are bigger and stronger.
We do well against the Big Springs and Sweetwaters of the world where we are better coached or better disciplined--struggle against teams that are just bigger, stronger and just as well coached.

hollywood
10-08-2014, 01:01 PM
Underachieving? You think Sweetwater would be undefeated playing our schedule? Hardest in the state, hands down. They would likely be 2-4 right now.
I would like to see us go to a better strength and conditioning program--prob not in the cards though. Our key loss this year was to Kleffner--leading rusher and receiver. Don't think a better strength and conditioning program would have prevented a fractured clavicle (collar bone). Was just an unlucky break--no pun intended. The other injuries we have suffered have mainly been several concussions--again, doubt a different strength program would make a difference. Lack of an integrated strength and conditioning program shows when we play teams like Stephenville that can match our numbers and coaching but are bigger and stronger.
We do well against the Big Springs and Sweetwaters of the world where we are better coached or better disciplined--struggle against teams that are just bigger, stronger and just as well coached.

Thanks for the clarification slingshot. For us outsiders, it's hard to imagine the bad luck Wylie has had. Great program with top notch coaching will overcome. See us down the road mi compadre.

Deuce
10-08-2014, 01:07 PM
[QUOTE=SHSBulldog00;1829008]Division 1

Region 1

1. Stephenville
2. Andrews
3. Big Spring
T4. Abilene Wylie
T4. Brownwood
6. Lubbock Estacado
7. Graham
8. Gainesville
T9. WF Hirschi
T9. Levelland

Lmao! Graham gets beat by 1 TD by Big Spring while turning the ball over 5 times and they are way better. Don't think so. Graham has to go out and prove it over the next few weeks but there is no way that these teams are "way better."

Sweetwater Red
10-08-2014, 01:39 PM
Underachieving? You think Sweetwater would be undefeated playing our schedule? Hardest in the state, hands down. They would likely be 2-4 right now.

Not sure why me voicing my opinion about Wylie caused you to go after Sweetwater but hey whatever.

Regarding the concussions, didn't you guys have a lot last year too. I remember the one when the kid that was
taken off the field by ambulance in Sweetwater after being knocked unconscious. I mean are the
"several concussions" due to style of play by Wylie? Bad technique maybe? Faulty helmets or just bad luck?

hollywood
10-08-2014, 01:53 PM
Lmao! Graham gets beat by 1 TD by Big Spring while turning the ball over 5 times and they are way better. Don't think so. Graham has to go out and prove it over the next few weeks but there is no way that these teams are "way better."

For the record, that was Razorback88 who said that, not SHSBulldog00. ;)

Deuce
10-08-2014, 03:24 PM
For the record, that was Razorback88 who said that, not SHSBulldog00. ;)

I am aware of that. Guess it screwed up the quote from the way he originally quoted SHS

defense51
10-08-2014, 04:13 PM
Not sure why me voicing my opinion about Wylie caused you to go after Sweetwater but hey whatever.

Regarding the concussions, didn't you guys have a lot last year too. I remember the one when the kid that was
taken off the field by ambulance in Sweetwater after being knocked unconscious. I mean are the
"several concussions" due to style of play by Wylie? Bad technique maybe? Faulty helmets or just bad luck?
Concussions are hard to pin down a direct link to in most cases, some players are just more prone to it.

SHSBulldog00
10-08-2014, 06:14 PM
Concussions are hard to pin down a direct link to in most cases, some players are just more prone to it.

I know one year when I was coaching we had 3 kids get concussions. One had to leave the field at Columbus in an ambulance after the game.