PDA

View Full Version : Region 2 Week 7 GOTW: Tatum @ Gladewater

SHSBulldog00
10-07-2014, 02:44 AM
Could be a good game.

lostaussie
10-07-2014, 07:06 AM
May have to go check this one out. I still think Tatum wins but what do I know. My picks have been sucking!! Who is Jason gonna pick. That's your winner.

Pudlugger
10-07-2014, 07:20 AM
This will be a very good game. Gladewater wears them down to get the win by 7.

lostaussie
10-07-2014, 08:05 AM
This will be a very good game. Gladewater wears them down to get the win by 7.They may do it Pud. Just something tells me that Gladewater just doesn't have enough weapons. Tatum has a lot of talent but seems to maybe have lost a little confidence.

waterboy
10-07-2014, 09:06 AM
Tatum has puzzled me this year. The first two games of the year they were focused and playing good ball. They came very close to upsetting the Buckeyes. Tatum hasn't played with the same fire and intensity since. The talent is there. I just question what is going on with their team. Gladewater has improved greatly since last season when they went 4 rounds deep, albeit with a favorable bracket. The new coach at Gladewater has them believing, and their offense has found a passing game to go along with an already good running game. The defense is also very stout, especially against the run.

I think Tatum has more team speed, and maybe even more overall talent, but I think Gladewater has played better. If Tatum can keep Daylon Mack from becoming a factor, and find a passing game, I think they can win. I don't think they will, however, so I give the nod to Gladewater. I think Gladewater wins..., as much as it pains me to say about either team.

movethechain
10-07-2014, 01:34 PM
Tatum has puzzled me this year. The first two games of the year they were focused and playing good ball. They came very close to upsetting the Buckeyes. Tatum hasn't played with the same fire and intensity since. The talent is there. I just question what is going on with their team. Gladewater has improved greatly since last season when they went 4 rounds deep, albeit with a favorable bracket. The new coach at Gladewater has them believing, and their offense has found a passing game to go along with an already good running game. The defense is also very stout, especially against the run.

I think Tatum has more team speed, and maybe even more overall talent, but I think Gladewater has played better. If Tatum can keep Daylon Mack from becoming a factor, and find a passing game, I think they can win. I don't think they will, however, so I give the nod to Gladewater. I think Gladewater wins..., as much as it pains me to say about either team.

I think you have pretty well nailed it. I have the same observations and reservations about Tatum. I think Gladewater takes this one, but will not be shocked it Tatum puts together a great game and scratches out the win. Tatum just has not looked like they did at the start of the season.

bobcat1
10-07-2014, 03:21 PM
May have to go check this one out. I still think Tatum wins but what do I know. My picks have been sucking!! Who is Jason gonna pick. That's your winner. :eek: What about Melissa?

movethechain
10-07-2014, 03:46 PM
:eek: What about Melissa?

This is the week that I predict Melissa REALLY wishes they were back in 2A (new 3A).

bobcat1
10-07-2014, 04:01 PM
This is the week that I predict Melissa REALLY wishes they were back in 2A (new 3A).
I know you are right! http://imageshack.com/a/img178/6646/paddle.gif

HEMOTOXIC
10-07-2014, 04:49 PM
Gladewater 36
Tatum 28

buckeyebob
10-07-2014, 05:36 PM
I find my thoughts to be the same...my problem, I dislike Tatum more than Gladewater...& I come from the Old school Dislike of Gladewater...I will be pulling for the Bears while in Melissa...

cowboyandchrist
10-07-2014, 07:08 PM
I think you have pretty well nailed it. I have the same observations and reservations about Tatum. I think Gladewater takes this one, but will not be shocked it Tatum puts together a great game and scratches out the win. Tatum just has not looked like they did at the start of the season.

No one could of given a better report, I believe you are right on the money. I would never have believed anyone but Gilmer could have scored more than 21 points on this defense. What happened to this group of young men I don't know, but they are way better than they are playing.

lostaussie
10-07-2014, 07:31 PM
No one could of given a better report, I believe you are right on the money. I would never have believed anyone but Gilmer could have scored more than 21 points on this defense. What happened to this group of young men I don't know, but they are way better than they are playing.Good to have u back Cowboy.......I will be nice and tell you I hope the real Tatum shows up this Friday. Don't know what's going on.....but I hope they figure it out. I will be trolling at the game in some Buckeye gear:D

regaleagle
10-08-2014, 12:46 AM
I think Gladewater(this Gladewater team) has played enough good teams w/speed that now they know how to adjust to counter it. I also think they will play keep away from the Tatum offense as much as possible and try to control the clock. This game may move fairly quickly, clockwise. That plays into Gladewater's favor. I think its an interesting game to see just how it turns out and which team has the adverse effect on the other. I honestly don't have a clue about Tatum, so I'm leaning to a win for the Bears.

buckeyebob
10-08-2014, 05:35 AM
I think Gladewater(this Gladewater team) has played enough good teams w/speed that now they know how to adjust to counter it. I also think they will play keep away from the Tatum offense as much as possible and try to control the clock. This game may move fairly quickly, clockwise. That plays into Gladewater's favor. I think its an interesting game to see just how it turns out and which team has the adverse effect on the other. I honestly don't have a clue about Tatum, so I'm leaning to a win for the Bears.

It could very well pivot on conditioning...40 sec clock speeds it up & that bodes well for Tatum...Gladewater will fade late with a team like Tatum...Tatum can hang

hollywood
10-08-2014, 09:18 AM
Not many Tatum and Gladewater posters on here, huh? :dispntd:

Is there internet access in either town out there?? May be why. :D

Eagleborn
10-08-2014, 10:54 AM

Or maybe not many from these towns have email addresses that allow them to join?

cowboyandchrist
10-09-2014, 12:15 AM

I don't know about the rest of the Tatum fans, but I was the one who said this is the team to watch this year. They have everything you could want in a team, speed, size, and depth. Great coach, great community, and great fans. I thought this team would be better than 2010 and maybe as good as 2005. I have no way to explain why they have played like they have the last two weeks. The second half against Gilmer is what I know they can do, but that team has not showed up since the Gilmer game. Maybe this week they play up to their ability. I say Tatum by 7.

Gen.Pat
10-09-2014, 07:04 PM
I respect Tatum and I root them.

lostaussie
10-09-2014, 07:23 PM
I'm going a little bit out on a limb.......but I'm saying Tatum regroups......34-20

lostaussie
10-10-2014, 07:15 PM
I'll give a few updates......but my first is the crowd........really really disappointing

lostaussie
10-10-2014, 08:36 PM
Half
Gladewater 31
Tatum 8
This is a beat down. Headed back to Gilmer. Cowboy I don't know what happened to your team but they look BAD

lostaussie
10-10-2014, 09:52 PM
Winding down but not over......52-8

bobcat1
10-10-2014, 09:56 PM

Ouch! That'll leave a mark!

lostaussie
10-10-2014, 09:59 PM
Something happened to Tatum.......they are no longer a factor. Gladewater on the other hand was impressive.

regaleagle
10-10-2014, 10:21 PM
BIG letdown following too much preseason and early season hype. Now the team can't find themselves and the chemistry is probably lost. It will be tough now for the team to regroup.

defense51
10-10-2014, 10:24 PM
Wow, I expected Gladewater to win, but not like that!

movethechain
10-10-2014, 11:14 PM
Tatum is nowhere near where everyone thought they were after the Newton and Gilmer games. Most plays now, they cannot even get out of their own shadow. They are making lots of mistakes that are just basic football skills. Yes, Gladewater is VERY good, but Tatum just don't have it together. Even Carthage is looking good compared to Tatum at this point.

cowboyandchrist
10-11-2014, 10:10 AM
Tatum is nowhere near where everyone thought they were after the Newton and Gilmer games. Most plays now, they cannot even get out of their own shadow. They are making lots of mistakes that are just basic football skills. Yes, Gladewater is VERY good, but Tatum just don't have it together. Even Carthage is looking good compared to Tatum at this point.

This will be my last post on the Tatum Eagles, I have no excuses, but anybody that could watch this team walk out onto the field would say dang they have a team full of athletes. If you watch them warm up before the game, you would think, man they are quick and fast. I can't explain the play of the Eagles, they are just not very good or at least they don't play sound team ball. When the season started I thought this group would be in the hunt for a title, now I hope they can get the last spot in the playoffs. Atlanta appears to be the real deal and Pleasant Grove is a darn good football team. Gladewater can beat anybody with the ground and pound because they have a very good offensive line and a stop the run defense. I still think Gilmer is East Texas best chance for a title with Gladewater and Atlanta a close second. I am a big time Dawg and Eagle fan, but this year they are not very good. They will get better and be back in the hunt for a title in the near future. I must admit that Gilmer has to be one of the best programs in the state to be able to put a good tem on the field every year without much of a drop off. They may not have four or even eight titles like a few teams do, but they go deep in the playoffs every year with a chance to win it all. Good luck to all teams with a shot at the title and God Bless.

icu812
10-11-2014, 11:16 AM
Shocking score. Gladewater appears to be the real deal.

Meanwhile the best GOTW in R2 was played in Van between two very good teams. Van 35 Athens 32.

cowboyandchrist
10-11-2014, 12:39 PM
Shocking score. Gladewater appears to be the real deal.

Meanwhile the best GOTW in R2 was played in Van between two very good teams. Van 35 Athens 32.

No disrespect to Van or Athens, but you will have to go more than one and done to be considered the best in R II.

icu812
10-12-2014, 12:25 AM
No disrespect to Van or Athens, but you will have to go more than one and done to be considered the best in R II.

I said it was the best game in R2 and I believe it was. I never claimed they were the two best teams.