PDA

View Full Version : Goliad Senior - UIL denies appeal

44INAROW
10-06-2014, 07:38 PM
I'm confused about the waiver situation with the player in Goliad. What am I missing? His dad moved to Goliad to coach... I'm not smart enough to cut and paste an article on my iPad lol.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Saggy Aggie
10-06-2014, 07:49 PM
Wow...

FB-fanatic
10-06-2014, 08:24 PM
Goliad senior Kiki Hill remains ineligible for varsity athletic competition at the school.

Attorney Brent Dornburg, who represents the Hill family, said Wednesday the UIL has denied the parent residence waiver completed by Hill's father, Green Hill.

Dornburg said Green Hill has appealed the UIL's denial of the waiver.

The appeal will go before the UIL's waiver review board.

The board's next meeting is scheduled for Monday in Austin, according to UIL media coordinator Kate Hector.

Kiki Hill transferred from Aransas Pass to Goliad in August after Green Hill was hired as an assistant principal at Goliad High School.

Aransas Pass refused to sign Kiki Hill's previous athletic participation form required by the UIL.

The District 15-3A, Division I Executive Committee voted 3-1 to deny Kiki Hill's eligibility, ruling that the transfer was for athletic purposes.

Hallettsville, George West and San Antonio Brooks voted to deny eligibility, Mathis voted to allow eligibility, and Goliad abstained from the vote.

Goliad appealed the district executive committee's ruling to the State Executive Committee.

Goliad stated in its appeal that Kiki Hill had transferred after his father had been hired by the school district, and the family had a residence in the school district.

The State Executive Committee met Sept. 24 in Round Rock and by a vote of 3-1 approved Goliad's appeal.

But the parent residence waiver has to be approved by the UIL for Hill to become eligible.

Dornburg said Green Hill has been gathering information for the UIL to support the residence waiver.

The 6-foot-3, 205-pound Kiki Hill was a first-team all-district selection on offense and defense at Aransas Pass last season.

He has been practicing with the team at Goliad, but has not played in a game.

Goliad has a 4-1 record and will host Tidehaven (4-0) on Friday at Tiger Stadium.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

the genious
10-06-2014, 08:24 PM
So they aren't letting him play? They could be costing this kid a scholarship if he is so good that coaches don't want him to play.. Don't seem fair to me!

regaleagle
10-06-2014, 08:49 PM
I have posted about this issue on a previous thread....stating the facts of the case. It's all bullsheet with the other schools in the district, and the UIL. There is no valid reason for this young athlete to not be able to compete....end of story. They can say this or say that, but now the UIL has some more egg on its face because the media will eat this one up. The facts will surface for all to see, and make the district coaches that voted against this transfer look like the low-slime snakes they really are in this instance. Just calling it like it is, folks. The young man didn't bake this cake, but those making the decisions in the UIL will have to answer for their ineptness concerning this issue. Any other state in the US this young man would be playing football. Something's rotten in our UIL system and it's beginning to stink to high heaven.

44INAROW
10-06-2014, 09:08 PM
That's kinda what it seems for sure Regaleagle....of course I have only the facts stated in the newspaper but as an outsider looking in, seems like the dad works in Goliad, the kid moves to Goliad, goes to school in Goliad and wants to play football. What's are we missing? Why all the denials?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Blue42
10-07-2014, 02:04 AM
Dam communist let the kid play ball.

rb585
10-07-2014, 07:29 AM
The odd thing is that Goliad also hired a new principal...from Hallettsville. And his kid was the starting QB for H'ville last year as a junior. And now he's the starting QB for Goliad.

How are these two situations any different?

MustangFootball
10-07-2014, 07:40 AM
I say let the kid play ball, its his senior year and what the UIL is doing is wrong I was in the understanding that a player could play right away if he was a senior. boy was I off the mark.....I don't know this kid personally but I know he's been in a few school district throughout the years, just the ones I know he's originally from Aransas Pass but has been in school in Aransas Pass, Ingleside, Rockport Fulton, and King HS in Corpus Christi. during the offseason I had heard talk that he might be coming back to Ingleside then I hear the kid ended up in Goliad. I know his older brother (RB) had transferred to Ingleside from Aransas Pass his senior year and played right away but I think his dad had already been employed by the Ingleside school district years prior to him transferring they might have both come over at that time. I can see the UILs point in trying to keep the game honest and make it a level playing field and I am not one who believes recruiting has any business in HS football but if a kids father is employed by the school district and its his senior year what's the big deal?:dispntd:

YTBulldogs
10-07-2014, 11:23 AM
Sure hope there is more to this we are not hearing. Kid can never get these games back.

bobcat1
10-07-2014, 03:19 PM
Nothing like Gubment red tape. Let the kid play!

rb585
10-13-2014, 12:34 PM
He was ruled eligible and played Friday night.

caleb_mccaig
10-13-2014, 12:38 PM
He was ruled eligible and played Friday night.

Great news.

regaleagle
10-13-2014, 01:14 PM
Kiki Hill scored 3 rushing TD's for the Goliad Tigers on Friday nite against Hallettsville, and played d-back as well. He has continued practicing with the team and learning the playbook while waiting for his chance to play. According to the Victoria Advocate, one of the TD runs was a 57-yarder. Hosey of Goliad also had a 70 yd kickoff return for a TD in the game. They have a good team over there this season in Goliad, even without the addition of Hill. Now with him playing the rest of the season, I'd say the Tigers will be a force in the playoffs. They defeated Hallettsville 40-23 for most probably the district title Friday nite in Goliad. That was the team that Goliad's other transfer, Nate Kowalik, played qb for last season when Hallettsville went 13-1. Now Goliad has a more balanced attack with Kowalik at qb and Hill at rb to help them go deep in the playoffs. They already had a good offense, but now it will be just that much better. Goliad is now (6-1) for the season, their only loss coming at the hands of a state-ranked Shiner club that lost in overtime to Top-ranked Refugio in OT on Friday nite. Goliad lost to Shiner 34-28 in the 4th quarter after leading in a see-saw battle. Refugio and Shiner are both highly ranked in Class 2a D1, but have been perennial state contenders and champions over the years.

99IHSMustang
10-13-2014, 01:31 PM
Kiki Hill scored 3 rushing TD's for the Goliad Tigers on Friday nite against Hallettsville, and played d-back as well. He has continued practicing with the team and learning the playbook while waiting for his chance to play. According to the Victoria Advocate, one of the TD runs was a 57-yarder. Hosey of Goliad also had a 70 yd kickoff return for a TD in the game. They have a good team over there this season in Goliad, even without the addition of Hill. Now with him playing the rest of the season, I'd say the Tigers will be a force in the playoffs. They defeated Hallettsville 40-23 for most probably the district title Friday nite in Goliad. That was the team that Goliad's other transfer, Nate Kowalik, played qb for last season when Hallettsville went 13-1. Now Goliad has a more balanced attack with Kowalik at qb and Hill at rb to help them go deep in the playoffs. They already had a good offense, but now it will be just that much better. Goliad is now (6-1) for the season, their only loss coming at the hands of a state-ranked Shiner club that lost in overtime to Top-ranked Refugio in OT on Friday nite. Goliad lost to Shiner 34-28 in the 4th quarter after leading in a see-saw battle. Refugio and Shiner are both highly ranked in Class 2a D1, but have been perennial state contenders and champions over the years.

Good for Goliad. I remember way back when the Perry brothers played. They were very good.

44INAROW
10-13-2014, 01:37 PM
Good for Goliad. I remember way back when the Perry brothers played. They were very good.

So happy for Kiki Hill and the Tigers.... it's obvious why the district didn't want him to play lol.................

99IHSMustang
10-13-2014, 01:46 PM
So happy for Kiki Hill... it's obvious why the district didn't want him to play lol.................

I will be watching to see how they do the rest of the season.

regaleagle
10-13-2014, 01:52 PM

There have been several generations of Perrys(2 families) and Franklins playing in Goliad over the decades. In the 70's, we had 3 Perrys and 2 Franklins that I played with. In the 90's there was another group(one Perry went to SMU D1 as a receiver), and now this year there is another Perry and Franklin on the team. As always, they are core players at their positions and good athletes. This year receiver Desmond Perry is one of the stars on the team, as he was last season. Irwin Franklin(6'2" 215) plays both ways(DE/T)and is a senior.

99IHSMustang
10-13-2014, 01:54 PM
There have been several generations of Perrys(2 families) and Franklins playing in Goliad over the decades. In the 70's, we had 3 Perrys and 2 Franklins that I played with. In the 90's there was another group, and now this year there is another Perry and Franklin on the team. As always, they are core players at their positions and good athletes.

wow.. didn't know that. The 90's Perry's are the two that I am referring to...