PDA

View Full Version : Just b/c Everman won doesn't mean they are the best.

Burnet Dawg06
12-15-2002, 01:01 PM
Just because Everman won the State Championship game, it doesn't mean that they are the best team in 3A. Everman is 14-1 and Burnet is 14-1. Burnet won 14 games in a row :D but they just happened to loose the game that counted.But that's ok. So in my mind they are both equal. Burnet will still be #1 in our hearts. Everman you are good and you had a nice band. We are praying for your hurt player and we all hope him the best. Burnet you've had a perfect season. :D What more could us fans ask for? There's always next year guys but for now you should just get some rest and think about next season! Great job Dawgs! :)

PPHSfan
12-15-2002, 01:09 PM
BAD Topic,

Great game between two great teams. BUT EVERMAN IS THE BEST THIS YEAR. Thats why you play the game, and thats why they give out the trophy. Don't try and tarnish their victory.

Everman Bulldogs. Class 3A Division 1 State Champions!!!!! Second to NONE.

wildstangs
12-15-2002, 01:12 PM
I have to agree with PPHSfan. Burnet has been on the board all season long talking about being the best. You guys werent this year, Everman was. Thats why the game is played. Everman Bulldogs, the best in 3A division 1.

sinton66
12-15-2002, 01:14 PM
BurnetDawg06, I know you're hurting right now, we came home with lots of hurt last year too from this same Everman team. Be proud of your team this year, look forward to next year, but don't disrespect Everman for THEIR accomplishments. They proved their mettle on the field. No one expects them to takeover first place in your heart.

Da Mules
12-15-2002, 01:16 PM
Weak, burnettdawg, weak....Burnett is surely the best team in your heart, but they are not the best team in 3A division I..be a good sport now, and give Everman the respect they deserve.

BarneyBulldawg4President
12-15-2002, 01:16 PM
LMAO, BurnetDawg06.... Everman beat us. That makes them the best. You don't have to have a no loss season to be the best. Good job Everman. Kudos to you. You were better than us on the field last night. No grasping for attention for the BURNET BULLDOGS. They made their statement and will come back next year and be the one everyone else worries about playing.

SintonFan
12-15-2002, 03:18 PM
The last five posters stated it best:
Everman is NUMBER 1!!!
Two in a row!!!
State Champions!!!
Numeral UNO!!!
Primero en la estado!!!
Second to none!!!
You guys in Everman don't need to here this, this bein a bittersweet victory as it is.
Burnet Dawg06, come back when your feeling a little better. But don't take away anything from Everman! :mad:

<small>[ December 15, 2002, 02:47 PM: Message edited by: SintonFan ]</small>

turbostud
12-15-2002, 03:32 PM
Some of you Burnet posters are really starting to take away from what ya'll accomplished this year. You have to beat the best to be the best. Congratulations Everman.

jason
12-15-2002, 03:34 PM
I bet if Burnet had won the game then they would be the best team..you would have never posted this topic

Jacket2000
12-15-2002, 04:19 PM
Burnet Dawg06:
Just because Everman won the State Championship game, it doesn't mean that they are the best team in 3A.That's kinda debatable, but it sure as hell tells us who's NOT the best, doesn't it? 35-14 is a pretty good whippin' in my book and it very easily coulda been worse.
J2K

Burnet Dawg06
12-15-2002, 04:28 PM
Yeah I know you guys are right. Everman is a GREAT team. And they were great winners but Burnet was or is kinda sad so there for we will kinda be sore losers. Was Everman 4A at one time? Well Great job everman. You won the game that counted. Also congrats Burnet for making it this far! Oh yeah. Does anyone else know about the hurt Everman player?

HotDawg89
12-15-2002, 07:42 PM
Sorry, but Burnet is not the best. Everman absolutely deserves this win- and don't cheapen it for them. That is a slap in the face. Yes, Everman used to be 4A- but I think we actually are closer to being 4A now than they are- so don't go that route either.

No one has to be a sore loser. That is a choice you make. Don't put words in anyone else's mouth on this board or anywhere else, that "we have a right to be a little sore about it." That just isn't the case- I'm not sore about it. I am sad for our team that they weren't the best, but am in awe by the talent and class that Everman displayed last night. You should be respectful of that as well.

<small>[ December 15, 2002, 07:00 PM: Message edited by: HotDawg89 ]</small>

Old Dog
12-15-2002, 08:00 PM
Dawg06.....GROW up, we got our butts whipped. You are taking away from my community when you make a Jackass out of yourself like you just did! Act like a man and start working on next year and stop whinning.

olddawggreen
12-15-2002, 08:27 PM
Well said HotDawg89, I agree100% No shame at all by being beat by the kind of talent I saw yesterday, congratulations Everman!

olddawggreen
12-15-2002, 08:29 PM
Old dog, I would venture to say that 06 is pretty young and has a few lessons to learn yet about life.

Old Dog
12-15-2002, 08:43 PM
Yes I'm sure he's a young fellow, but he gets on this board at the same level as we all do. I just don't have a lot of patience with people who won't face facts. Yes, I'm an old fart who has been on the down side of games, votes and life in general a few times......but, so have most people. Sorry but patting someone on the behind and saying better luck next time will not get the end product dawg06 is seeking.....hard work and a more mature attitude WILL improve things.

Personally, I'm very proud of the Burnet Bulldogs. They have won more games than any team in Burnet history. I'd bet Coach Shipley is searching the recesses of his football brain in order to get Burnet right back to the top next year!

<small>[ December 15, 2002, 07:48 PM: Message edited by: Old Dog ]</small>

Burnet Dawg06
12-15-2002, 08:45 PM
I know Everman is the best in 3A-1! I am not trying to take it away from them. They played a great game and they are better than Burnet. I want to also say that Everman's band never rubbed it in at half time that they were winning. Anyway, Chill out people I never said that that Burnet was the best or that Everman wasn't! Burnet has never been the best in 3A but there's always a 1st time for everything. Great job Everman, Cya next year!

BurnetDawg
12-15-2002, 09:07 PM
well we lost yeah but that guys injury shook our team up alot and it made everman play harder well ya proved yourself does anyone know exactly what happend to that guy frown

sinton66
12-15-2002, 09:13 PM
Old Dog:
Yes I'm sure he's a young fellow, but he gets on this board at the same level as we all do. I just don't have a lot of patience with people who won't face facts. Yes, I'm an old fart who has been on the down side of games, votes and life in general a few times......but, so have most people. Sorry but patting someone on the behind and saying better luck next time will not get the end product dawg06 is seeking.....hard work and a more mature attitude WILL improve things.

Personally, I'm very proud of the Burnet Bulldogs. They have won more games than any team in Burnet history. I'd bet Coach Shipley is searching the recesses of his football brain in order to get Burnet right back to the top next year!Fellas, If you'll check some of the other threads he has posted, he has already apologized for this one. I give him a lot of credit for admitting he was wrong. Can we cut him some slack?

olddawggreen
12-15-2002, 10:24 PM
I THINK WE CAN. LESSONS ARE LEARNED BY THOSE ARE WISE ENOUGH TO LEARN THEM!

Rabdad
12-15-2002, 10:42 PM
Don't forget about us. Seems like there might even be some question about who is the second best 3A team in the state.
Congrats to Everman on an excellent game, and an impressive win against a great team.
Please keep us updated on Corey's progress. We'll be praying for him.

SintonFan
12-16-2002, 12:27 AM
sinton66:

Old Dog:

Personally, I'm very proud of the Burnet Bulldogs. They have won more games than any team in Burnet history. I'd bet Coach Shipley is searching the recesses of his football brain in order to get Burnet right back to the top next year!Fellas, If you'll check some of the other threads he has posted, he has already apologized for this one. I give him a lot of credit for admitting he was wrong. Can we cut him some slack?Dawg06 if you've turned the corner, you are OK in my book. We were there last year. IT SUCKS!
Us in reg. 4 need to back each other up. :)

ladydawg03
12-16-2002, 01:10 AM
Please, quit making excuses as to why we did not win the game. ALL YEAR we have put up with people making excuses why they didn't beat us saying we were not a better team. Thats all crap. We have beat teams right and left this year b/c we were better. This week was a different story. Instead of sitting on here making excuses up, get out and make yourself better for next year!!

SintonFan
12-16-2002, 02:22 AM
Just one thing to clear up...
Whoever posted this topic titled, "Just b/c Everman won doesn't mean they are the best", needs to apologize on this thread...

Believe it or not, it was EVERMAN (and their posters) who helped put in perspective our 14-1 season last year.
They have alot of class..... :) :) :)