PDA

View Full Version : Gilmer Travels to Melissa

buckeyebob
10-05-2014, 08:54 AM
East Texas Speed saddles up & heads west Friday...the Melissa Cardinals are in the sights of the Buckeyes...don't know much about 'em...we will be completely out of our realm...big city, new stadium...we will see how the Buckeyes can stack up

Aesculus gilmus
10-05-2014, 09:08 AM
http://www.texasbob.com/stadium/stadium.php?id=1082

Now that gasoline prices are dropping, I predict there will be WAY MORE of our fans than they have seats. Is there a nearby auditorium where the overflow crowd can watch it on a big screen or something?

I've never seen a Melissa fan on here, so I don't really expect an answer.

Pudlugger
10-05-2014, 09:28 AM
Number 1 Gilmer 5-0 (opponents combined records 3-17) takes on powerhouse Melissa 1-4. Should be GOTW.:1popcorn:

Bullaholic
10-05-2014, 09:32 AM
East Texas Speed saddles up & heads west Friday...the Melissa Cardinals are in the sights of the Buckeyes...don't know much about 'em...we will be completely out of our realm...big city, new stadium...we will see how the Buckeyes can stack up

You East Texas boys are sure going to enjoy the indoor plumbing though, buckeyebob.....:D

YTBulldogs
10-05-2014, 09:40 AM
Number 1 Gilmer 5-0 (opponents combined records 3-17) takes on powerhouse Melissa 1-4. Should be GOTW.:1popcorn:

:doh:

80 nothing over Missy

lostaussie
10-05-2014, 11:18 AM
Number 1 Gilmer 5-0 (opponents combined records 3-17) takes on powerhouse Melissa 1-4. Should be GOTW.:1popcorn:that's 4-16 to you Mister!!! :D

buckeyebob
10-05-2014, 04:45 PM

Now that gasoline prices are dropping, I predict there will be WAY MORE of our fans than they have seats. Is there a nearby auditorium where the overflow crowd can watch it on a big screen or something?

Looking on y the school website, looks as if they did same thing we did... not sure...

buckeyebob
10-05-2014, 04:46 PM
You East Texas boys are sure going to enjoy the indoor plumbing though, buckeyebob.....:D

I sure hope not...indoor makes you weak...we wanna be strong

orange machine
10-05-2014, 05:25 PM
Gilmer will win by 60 plus. Game will be over by the end of the 1st qt.

lostaussie
10-05-2014, 06:17 PM
Gilmer will win by 60 plus. Game will be over by the end of the 1st qt.giving everyone way to much ammunition....... Please stop. And I hope we get to play Celina.....just saying.

orange machine
10-05-2014, 06:43 PM
giving everyone way to much ammunition....... Please stop. And I hope we get to play Celina.....just saying.

Trust me yall can roll your Jv out there and win this one. Any Gilmer folks that go to this game will waste their money. I say all this and it sounds like I'm dogging Melissa but I'm not Gilmer is just way way better.

lostaussie
10-05-2014, 06:58 PM
Maybe. But we WILL NOT roll to a championship. There are some really good teams out there. And those that follow and don't just blow smack, we are well aware of who they are

bobcat1
10-05-2014, 07:28 PM
giving everyone way to much ammunition....... Please stop. And I hope we get to play Celina.....just saying.Why LA?

lostaussie
10-05-2014, 07:33 PM
Why LA?
Because I want to see you Bobcat......... Been too long. Maybe then I might get some naner pudding!!

buckeyebob
10-05-2014, 07:33 PM
Trust me yall can roll your Jv out there and win this one. Any Gilmer folks that go to this game will waste their money. I say all this and it sounds like I'm dogging Melissa but I'm not Gilmer is just way way better.

Seeing my Bux play is never a waste of money or time...every game is a championship game to me...

buckeyebob
10-05-2014, 07:38 PM

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=Melissa+High+School,+Cardinal+Drive,+Meliss a,+TX&hl=en&ll=33.28905,-96.575478&spn=0.002327,0.003449&sll=31.168934,-100.076842&sspn=9.749486,14.128418&oq=melissa&t=h&z=18

During the rehab?

bobcat1
10-05-2014, 07:53 PM
Gilmer by a half a hundred at halftime. They are that dang good.

lostaussie
10-05-2014, 08:05 PM
Gilmer by a half a hundred at halftime. They are that dang good.:D you so bad!!

hollywood
10-05-2014, 08:13 PM
Seeing my Bux play is never a waste of money or time...every game is a championship game to me...

:fnypost: but true!

Aesculus gilmus
10-06-2014, 07:04 AM
https://maps.google.com/maps?q=Melissa+High+School,+Cardinal+Drive,+Meliss a,+TX&hl=en&ll=33.28905,-96.575478&spn=0.002327,0.003449&sll=31.168934,-100.076842&sspn=9.749486,14.128418&oq=melissa&t=h&z=18

During the rehab?

Got to be. Google eye in the sky did much the same thing in 2005 and shot a photo of Buckeye Stadium during the middle of the initial turf installation that summer.

waterboy
10-06-2014, 10:39 AM
I don't mean any disrespect to any of the teams in our district, but at some point this season, I would like to see our first team play at least 3 quarters. The starters haven't had enough work since the Tatum game for us to even gauge how good this team can be, or if they can be consistent when tested. Tatum played with some fire against us, got some turnovers, and took momentum away from us the second half of that game. I think that close game helped the Buckeyes, but hurt Tatum after seeing how the Eagles have played since. There's still a whole lot of room for improvement for the Buckeyes, but if they don't get the work in they may be a little rusty come playoff time. I wouldn't be a bit surprised to see the starters play the entire first half, and maybe even a drive or two in the second half of these district games, if the game is within 40 points. Just my opinion, and I hope our opponents understand.

orange machine
10-06-2014, 10:49 AM
I don't mean any disrespect to any of the teams in our district, but at some point this season, I would like to see our first team play at least 3 quarters. The starters haven't had enough work since the Tatum game for us to even gauge how good this team can be, or if they can be consistent when tested. Tatum played with some fire against us, got some turnovers, and took momentum away from us the second half of that game. I think that close game helped the Buckeyes, but hurt Tatum after seeing how the Eagles have played since. There's still a whole lot of room for improvement for the Buckeyes, but if they don't get the work in they may be a little rusty come playoff time. I wouldn't be a bit surprised to see the starters play the entire first half, and maybe even a drive or two in the second half of these district games, if the game is within 40 points. Just my opinion, and I hope our opponents understand.

I'm not so sure there is a team out there in d2 that's really gonna challenge yall the rest of the way. I think Gilmer wins out with ease all the way through the title game.

Snotbubbles
10-06-2014, 10:52 AM
I'm not so sure there is a team out there in d2 that's really gonna challenge yall the rest of the way. I think Gilmer wins out with ease all the way through the title game.

You might be right. But, what you base it on? They have not played anyone. And, will not for the remainder of the regular season.

waterboy
10-06-2014, 11:12 AM

Stir the pot if you want, but I say there's no way of knowing right now. At the beginning of the season, the teams we had scheduled should've made for a challenging schedule, but it didn't work out that way..., save Tatum, who is always UP to play us, and it was in their house. There will most definitely be challenges along the way, especially once we get to the second or third round of the playoffs, and that is only an assumption at this point.

As a Buckeye fan, I'm still not completely sold on them being able to "ease" their way to the title game. There are still a bunch of really good teams out there, and it's way too premature to say that, in my humble opinion. I would absolutely LOVE to see it, however, but I seriously doubt it'll be a cakewalk. As a matter of fact, I know it won't. I just hope we're able to rise to the challenge when it presents itself.

orange machine
10-06-2014, 11:40 AM
All the powerhouse teams except Gilmer are in d1. Look at d2 and tell me a stand out team other than Gilmer?

waterboy
10-06-2014, 12:06 PM
All the powerhouse teams except Gilmer are in d1. Look at d2 and tell me a stand out team other than Gilmer?

There's still Atlanta, Gladewater, and Tatum in our region. Then there's La Grange, La Marque, Hardin-Jefferson, West Orange-Stark, Cuero, Dallas Lincoln, and a few others. I'll agree that the path is more stacked in D1, but we've gone that route before and won it all. Like I said, it's way too early to tell. Once we get out of our region, if we do, there's always those other teams you never know how you will match up with. The Buckeyes have been down this road many times, and it's never easy.

lostaussie
10-06-2014, 12:06 PM
All the powerhouse teams except Gilmer are in d1. Look at d2 and tell me a stand out team other than Gilmer?LaGrange. If you don't think so I think you're mistaken. I think you can throw WOS and a couple others in that mix.

buckeyebob
10-06-2014, 01:03 PM
I love total domination, especially when they cry like a bunch of baby girls...I know, everybody has one

waterboy
10-06-2014, 01:15 PM
Also, I forgot about Van in our region. They've been dominating everybody they've played, too. Their schedule has been suspect, however, but they are still 5-0.

lostaussie
10-06-2014, 01:19 PM
Also, I forgot about Van in our region. They've been dominating everybody they've played, too. Their schedule has been suspect, however, but they are still 5-0.I think Van is D1?

waterboy
10-06-2014, 01:21 PM
I think Van is D1?

Oops! You're right! That's why I left them off my original list...

bobcat1
10-06-2014, 02:38 PM
Has a high school team ever scored a buck fiddy?

Snotbubbles
10-06-2014, 02:46 PM

Which game has Gilmer played to have you make this claim? Just curious, and you might be right. But, based on their schedule, I don't see how you can claim this. I think your team could do a trick on these same opponents.

icu812
10-06-2014, 02:59 PM
There's still Atlanta, Gladewater, and Tatum in our region.

I think those Div. II teams plus Gilmer stack up pretty well with the top teams in Div. I Region 2 (Argyle, Kennedale, Van, Athens, Paris, etc..)

Gilmer may have it easy in their district but they have a long tough road ahead. Don't put a ring on them yet, all it takes is 1 bad night.

waterboy
10-06-2014, 03:18 PM
I think those Div. II teams plus Gilmer stack up pretty well with the top teams in Div. I Region 2 (Argyle, Kennedale, Van, Athens, Paris, etc..)

Gilmer may have it easy in their district but they have a long tough road ahead. Don't put a ring on them yet, all it takes is 1 bad night.

Exactly. Believe me, ain't nobody ordering any rings yet. They are earned. We'll see if this bunch can earn it.

:doh:Bobcat1, quit :stirpot: !

orange machine
10-07-2014, 12:06 AM
Ok guys will wait and see, but I bet yall there is no team in d2 that's gonna hang!

bobcat1
10-07-2014, 08:04 AM
Exactly. Believe me, ain't nobody ordering any rings yet. They are earned. We'll see if this bunch can earn it.

:doh:Bobcat1, quit :stirpot: !
What? :thinking: Terry made me do it. :D

waterboy
10-07-2014, 08:12 AM
What? :thinking: Terry made me do it. :D

He just wants some naner puddin'. He'll say anything to get that. Bring enough for both of us if we ever meet.:kiss:

buckeyebob
10-07-2014, 08:16 AM
I think Van is D1?

Yep...they have their own fish to fry

bobcat1
10-07-2014, 08:53 AM
He just wants some naner puddin'. He'll say anything to get that. Bring enough for both of us if we ever meet.:kiss:

Grant's special banana puddin'? Okay.....:D

waterboy
10-07-2014, 09:19 AM
Grant's special banana puddin'? Okay.....:D

:doh: Wrong Terry! He would probably lace his with something that Ajax wouldn't take off, and Kaopectate won't fix. No thanks!:D

Aguilafanatico
10-07-2014, 09:26 AM
Ok guys will wait and see, but I bet yall there is no team in d2 that's gonna hang!

I have not seen them in person this year but based on what I saw last year vs Argyle in the playoffs and from what I have heard about this years version, I would have to agree.

buckeyebob
10-07-2014, 01:45 PM

UIL dictates our district so you play with what you are dealt...when we did our pre-season, we tried for a bad arse schedule...Gilmer's first 5 opponents have combined to win 14 state championships, including 11 since 1999...who would'a known

hollywood
10-07-2014, 02:14 PM
UIL dictates our district so you play with what you are dealt...when we did our pre-season, we tried for a bad arse schedule...Gilmer's first 5 opponents have combined to win 14 state championships, including 11 since 1999...who would'a known

Not taking anything away from the Buckeye's this year. They look to be very solid. But, to mention the SC's Gimer's opponents have won is PAST years??? LOL Okay

Take a gander at Gilmer's last five opponents season records and Melissa's who they play this Friday. Come on man. Not what you call tough comp. :hand:

Gilmer's first five opponents record
Liberty-Eylau 1-4
Pine Tree 0-5
Tatum 2-3
Dangerfield 0-5
Carthage 1-4

Gilmer's opponents record this Friday
Melissa 1-4

waterboy
10-07-2014, 02:21 PM
Not taking anything away from the Buckeye's this year. They look to be very solid. But, to mention the SC's Gimer's opponents have won is PAST years??? LOL Okay

Take a gander at Gilmer's last five opponents season records and Melissa's who they play this Friday. Come on man. Not what you call tough comp. :hand:

Gilmer's first five opponents record
Liberty-Eylau 1-4
Pine Tree 0-5
Tatum 2-3
Dangerfield 0-5
Carthage 1-4

Gilmer's opponents record this Friday
Melissa 1-4

It's definitely worrisome, but if you would've looked at our predistrict schedule before the season started you would've thought the same as we did. Nobody, including myself, would've thought our opponents would've been this far down based on recent history. The thing is...we won't be tested until the playoffs, and it's hard to gauge just how good our team is right now. Our starters need the reps, but every game save Tatum have been blowouts. They were blowouts early in those games, too. It doesn't help much with the district the UIL has put us in either. I guess we won't know how good we really are until probably at least the second round of the playoffs.

lostaussie
10-07-2014, 02:28 PM
We biotched about being in the DoD and now we biotch about not playing nobody. Evidently we are just unhappy campers in Gilmer. Everybody always micro managing the schedule......give us back our ball......we don't to play anymore:D

hollywood
10-07-2014, 02:30 PM
It's definitely worrisome, but if you would've looked at our predistrict schedule before the season started you would've thought the same as we did. Nobody, including myself, would've thought our opponents would've been this far down based on recent history. The thing is...we won't be tested until the playoffs, and it's hard to gauge just how good our team is right now. Our starters need the reps, but every game save Tatum have been blowouts. They were blowouts early in those games, too. It doesn't help much with the district the UIL has put us in either. I guess we won't know how good we really are until probably at least the second round of the playoffs.

I hear ya waterboy. It's tough when you have such a strong team and don't really get challenged or tested until the playoffs. But I think the Buckeye's have that kind of team this year to go all the way and win it. Nothing is ever guaranteed. The team will have to stay on a mission and execute reguardless. I can only relate to the 2010 Brownwood team and the 2012 Stephenville teams. Similar scenarios. The Wood 2010 made it the semi's where Carthage was their first true test and it showed. Stephenville 2012 won state but didn't really get tested until the semi's against Kilgore. Best of luck to the Bux!

hollywood
10-07-2014, 02:30 PM
We biotched about being in the DoD and now we biotch about not playing nobody. Evidently we are just unhappy campers in Gilmer. Everybody always micro managing the schedule......give us back our ball......we don't to play anymore:D

:fnypost:

waterboy
10-07-2014, 02:32 PM

Aaaahhh, but I absolutely LOVED being in the District of Doom! It made for some great games with playoff atmosphere. There was GOTW material every week last four years in district play. I miss playing those teams.:crying:

bobcat1
10-07-2014, 02:34 PM
Aaaahhh, but I absolutely LOVED being in the District of Doom! It made for some great games with playoff atmosphere. There was GOTW material every week last four years in district play. I miss playing those teams.:crying:

You will like Melissa. :wave:

waterboy
10-07-2014, 03:54 PM
You will like Melissa. :wave:

Who is Melissa? And is she good?

bobcat1
10-07-2014, 04:01 PM
Who is Melissa? And is she good?

Better than Anna! Let's just say Gilmer = Adrian Peterson and Melissa = his kids.:D

waterboy
10-07-2014, 04:31 PM
Better than Anna! Let's just say Gilmer = Adrian Peterson and Melissa = his kids.:D

:thinking::eek::vrycnfsd::doh: Somethin' ain't right about that...:tisk:

waterboy
10-07-2014, 04:33 PM
You think there's a chance she's been holding out for a "big boy" like us..., and she's gonna put it on us?:eek:

bobcat1
10-07-2014, 04:38 PM
:thinking::eek::vrycnfsd::doh: Somethin' ain't right about that...:tisk:
Too soon?

lostaussie
10-07-2014, 04:45 PM
Too soon?Probably

buckeyebob
10-07-2014, 05:40 PM

Yep...me too

regaleagle
10-07-2014, 06:49 PM
Sometimes when a team has been assembled that is really loaded with talent like Argyle had last year, it's not such a bad thing to let all the players play in every game. Yeah, the starters are not getting the playing time, but if the team is that good then the younger/backups are getting more reps to compensate. Injuries are not as susceptible to happening to key players, but they can happen at anytime on any play. There will be enough playing time by the time the starters actually need to play a full game against a very competitive team that they should be "geared" and very healthy. Just look at it like it's to Gilmer's huge advantage to play weekly in this manner. The players that would not normally get near as much playing time in a full season will be seasoned by playoff time. What else could a fanbase and coaching staff wish for?

bobcat1
10-07-2014, 10:31 PM
Sometimes when a team has been assembled that is really loaded with talent like Argyle had last year, it's not such a bad thing to let all the players play in every game. Yeah, the starters are not getting the playing time, but if the team is that good then the younger/backups are getting more reps to compensate. Injuries are not as susceptible to happening to key players, but they can happen at anytime on any play. There will be enough playing time by the time the starters actually need to play a full game against a very competitive team that they should be "geared" and very healthy. Just look at it like it's to Gilmer's huge advantage to play weekly in this manner. The players that would not normally get near as much playing time in a full season will be seasoned by playoff time. What else could a fanbase and coaching staff wish for?Not to mention what it does for the younger players the following year. Case in point... Argyle.

buckeyebob
10-08-2014, 05:38 AM
Sometimes when a team has been assembled that is really loaded with talent like Argyle had last year, it's not such a bad thing to let all the players play in every game. Yeah, the starters are not getting the playing time, but if the team is that good then the younger/backups are getting more reps to compensate. Injuries are not as susceptible to happening to key players, but they can happen at anytime on any play. There will be enough playing time by the time the starters actually need to play a full game against a very competitive team that they should be "geared" and very healthy. Just look at it like it's to Gilmer's huge advantage to play weekly in this manner. The players that would not normally get near as much playing time in a full season will be seasoned by playoff time. What else could a fanbase and coaching staff wish for?

& 16 year olds with an ego

hollywood
10-08-2014, 08:28 AM
Sometimes when a team has been assembled from surrounding communities that is really loaded with talent like Argyle had last year, it's not such a bad thing to let all the players play in every game. Yeah, the starters are not getting the playing time, but if the team is that good then the younger/backups are getting more reps to compensate. Injuries are not as susceptible to happening to key players, but they can happen at anytime on any play. There will be enough playing time by the time the starters actually need to play a full game against a very competitive team that they should be "geared" and very healthy. Just look at it like it's to Gilmer's huge advantage to play weekly in this manner. The players that would not normally get near as much playing time in a full season will be seasoned by playoff time. What else could a fanbase and coaching staff wish for?

Some towns get the perks of being surrounded by talent pools.

bobcat1
10-08-2014, 07:57 PM
Some towns get the perks of being surrounded by talent pools.
Indeed. Brownwood has Early and the Ville has Dublin.

poisoned10
10-08-2014, 09:25 PM
Gilmer has Union Hill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

movethechain
10-08-2014, 09:30 PM
Gilmer has Union Hill.

You would think that the megatropolis of Latch would be a major talent contributor for Gilmer, as much as BuckeyeBob contributes on the forums.

Aesculus gilmus
10-09-2014, 06:47 AM
I think Stump Godfrey traces his Upshur County roots to the Summerfield community and it is basically a suburb of Latch, although, of course, Summerfield was never allowed to "integrate" into Latch.

http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrspn

Fortunately Stump's family moved to "multicultural" Gilmer at some point. I think he'd have still been in our district, though, even if he'd remained a country boy.

waterboy
10-09-2014, 07:53 AM
Isn't most of the Latch / Kelsey / Summerfield / Rhonesboro / Rosewood areas in Harmony's district? I do recognize about half of the last names of the players on our team every year. I reckon most of those are kinfolk of some of the ones I went to school with. There's alway been a couple or three that are sons of people I went to school with. The bloodlines just keep producing. It's about time we had another Dodd kid come up, right?

buckeyebob
10-09-2014, 08:12 AM
You would think that the megatropolis of Latch would be a major talent contributor for Gilmer, as much as BuckeyeBob contributes on the forums.

It would take too long to list all the contributions that Latch had made to Upshur County & the surrounding area...talent abounds in so many ways.

buckeyebob
10-09-2014, 08:15 AM
Isn't most of the Latch / Kelsey / Summerfield / Rhonesboro / Rosewood areas in Harmony's district? I do recognize about half of the last names of the players on our team every year. I reckon most of those are kinfolk of some of the ones I went to school with. There's alway been a couple or three that are sons of people I went to school with. The bloodlines just keep producing. It's about time we had another Dodd kid come up, right?

We do...Joe's son

lostaussie
10-09-2014, 09:24 AM
It would take too long to list all the contributions that Latch had made to Upshur County & the surrounding area...talent abounds in so many ways.yes, that is why Harmony has such outstanding teams.

Aesculus gilmus
10-09-2014, 10:05 AM
http://tinyurl.com/q9uz7ze

I think you are right about Summerfield, now that I look at this map. Part of Kelsey is in Gilmer, though.

What's sad for Harmony is that there was no way Stump was ever going to be their QB. There is a downside to not being "multicultural." They do have some Hispanic players, though.

buckeyebob
10-09-2014, 11:23 AM
yes, that is why Harmony has such outstanding teams.

Wasn't just thinking about sports...my neighbor cooks the best meth in the State...very talented

waterboy
10-09-2014, 11:53 AM
Wasn't just thinking about sports...my neighbor cooks the best meth in the State...very talented

I'll bet corn on the cob is not on his diet! Hahaha... No wonder there's so many toofless peoples out that way!:spitlol:

buckeyebob
10-09-2014, 09:51 PM
I'll bet corn on the cob is not on his diet! Hahaha... No wonder there's so many toofless peoples out that way!:spitlol:

West of Gilmer is the Wild, Wild West

bobcat1
10-10-2014, 09:44 PM
63-0 my oh my!

poisoned10
10-10-2014, 09:46 PM
A Melissa player was ejected after he ripped off the helmet of one our players and kicked him in the head while he was on the ground. Worst display of sportsmanship I've ever seen.

bobcat1
10-10-2014, 09:59 PM
A Melissa player was ejected after he ripped off the helmet of one our players and kicked him in the head while he was on the ground. Worst display of sportsmanship I've ever seen.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkI hope he is kicked off the team after his legs get run off.

poisoned10
10-10-2014, 10:00 PM
I want to say it was one of their starting LB's.

movethechain
10-10-2014, 11:31 PM

Sounds like he could be related to Ndamukong Suh.

movethechain
10-10-2014, 11:35 PM
63-0 my oh my!

Don't read too much into that score. Remember we almost got beat by Tatum and Tatum just got a great big ole spanking from Gladewater. There will be some great games, I hope, later in the playoffs.

buckeyebob
10-11-2014, 09:57 AM

& it was a double 30 yard penalty...first for face mask that was jerked brutally...then, QB on the ground & kid just kicks him in the head...Melissa was luck that this ain't the old days...it would'a been a bench empty...we are much kinder & gentler (& much older) these days...we just boo-ed. I know they were frustrated but they forgot their manners & need a good Butt Burner

orange machine
10-11-2014, 11:34 AM
& it was a double 30 yard penalty...first for face mask that was jerked brutally...then, QB on the ground & kid just kicks him in the head...Melissa was luck that this ain't the old days...it would'a been a bench empty...we are much kinder & gentler (& much older) these days...we just boo-ed. I know they were frustrated but they forgot their manners & need a good Butt Burner

I assure you coach Stinton won't put up with that garbage.

buckeyebob
10-12-2014, 10:41 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5EHGeQO5WfU&feature=youtu.be

@3:58, 10:57, & 11:30 Kris Boyd makes a fine run
@7:08, Quinn Fluellen makes a great catch

bleedgreen
10-12-2014, 12:07 PM
You mean the coin flip.

poisoned10
10-12-2014, 12:53 PM
Some stats from the game:

Passing:
Gilmer: (14-21, 248 yards, 3 TD, 1 INT)
Melissa: (8-17, 30 yards, 1 INT)

Rushing:
Gilmer: 21 attempts, 248 yards, 6 TD
Melissa: 22 attempts, 3 yards

Individual Passing:
Gilmer:
McLane Carter: (13-15, 247 yards, 3 TD)
Zac Spears: (1-6, 1 yard, 1 INT)

Melissa:
Kevyn Dietrich: (7-15, 27 yards, 1 INT)
Taylor McGehee: (1-2, 3 yards)

Individual Rushing:
Gilmer:
Kris Boyd: 9 carries, 163 yards, 4 TD's
Jamel Jackson: 4 carries, 56 yards
Blake Lynch: 4 carries, 28 yards, 1 TD
Demarco Boyd: 2 carries, 15 yards, 1 TD
Desmond Jones: 1 carry, 15 yards
Zac Spears: 1 carry, 1 yard

Melissa:
Karson Munson: 2 carries, 10 yards
Taylor McGehee: 1 carry, 3 yards
Zach Beasley: 14 carries, -5 yards
Kevyn Dietrich: 5 carries, -5 yards

Individual Receiving:
Gilmer:
Nick Smith: 4 rec., 111 yards, 1 TD
Chase Tate: 3 rec., 61 yards, 1 TD
Quinn Fluellen: 3 rec., 38 yards
Blake Lynch: 3 rec., 37 yards, 1 TD
Kollin Hurt: 1 rec., 1 yard

Melissa:
Dylan Cardwell: 4 rec., 10 yards
Karson Munson: 2 rec., -4 yards
Zach Beasley: 1 rec., 19 yards
Christian Norton: 1 rec., 5 yards

Stats from MaxPreps

bobcat1
10-12-2014, 01:40 PM
Told y'all you would like Melissa.

lostaussie
10-12-2014, 01:48 PM
I watched the game on TV yesterday and felt sorry for those guy's. I think they may have suited out 23 players.

poisoned10
10-12-2014, 02:15 PM
I watched the game on TV yesterday and felt sorry for those guy's. I think they may have suited out 23 players.

I counted 25 during the National Anthem. Two or three went out with injuries and didn't return. One being their starting QB.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

buckeyebob
10-12-2014, 02:48 PM

We couldn't tell...I know I am old & almost blind but those damn red on red jerseys...they were terrible

lostaussie
10-12-2014, 02:54 PM
I was wondering about red jerseys with red numbers........never seen nothing like it

movethechain
10-12-2014, 03:54 PM
I thought they were scrimmage jerseys. I couldn't see any numbers at all.

poisoned10
10-12-2014, 04:04 PM
I liked it. Gilmer's softball team wore something similar last year. They had black jerseys with black letters outlined in Orange.

buckeyebob
10-12-2014, 05:09 PM
I was wondering about red jerseys with red numbers........never seen nothing like it

They are illegal per UIL now...but a team has until next season to phase em out

buckeyebob
10-12-2014, 05:10 PM
I liked it. Gilmer's softball team wore something similar last year. They had black jerseys with black letters outlined in Orange.

These are sweet...there's were not