PDA

View Full Version : Even a FASTER Discussion Board -- PLEASE READ

Administrator
11-16-2002, 01:55 AM
Howdy folks, There's been some temporary speedup's made again this evening, that hopefully will make things even MUCH faster for you.

*Instead of accessing bbs.3adownlow.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi -- Point your web browser to http://bbs.3adownlow.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php

After testing this, there is a drastic change in speed performance. Please start using this link and let me know how it runs.

SintonFan
11-16-2002, 02:29 AM
It seems a little faster on this 28800 connection I'm presently at. Can you tell me why the extensions( .cgi ang .php) keep switching back and forth as I go from board to post and back?

SintonFan
11-16-2002, 02:36 AM
Also, I noticed this board is faster than the pig tonight. Usually, it's the other way.

Administrator
11-16-2002, 10:38 AM
Sometimes it will switch back and forth because the system has to cache the .cgi file to convert it over to a .php, but other than that, I don't know why sometimes it automatically siwtches over to the .cgi files.. I sure havn't ever seen this board run as fast as it is now, even when it was a small board.. The new server also seems to do a great job of handling all of the posts at once without a single slowdown. Glad that the bugs might finally be worked out. Assuming everyone does what I suggested, the .php instead of .cgi

3ABirdMan
11-16-2002, 12:58 PM
LOTS FASTER! Thanks for ALL the work you do.

Is the server in Bridge City?

FBmania
11-16-2002, 01:39 PM
I haven't tried it at home but at work this server is smoking fast. It's great.

SintonFan
11-18-2002, 02:57 AM
Some of you out there who don't normally respond to this, please respond! If you like this board, give some input to this thread. Look at the date this was posted and compare with how it was before! Come on, they're only trying to make it better for all of us! :D :D :D

fatcat255
11-18-2002, 03:12 AM
Has been much better.

aamove
11-18-2002, 06:14 AM
It runs much faster for me. Great improvement. Thanks.

bulldog65
11-18-2002, 07:00 AM
Much faster on my DSL, keep up the good work, you are appreciated!

fatcat255
11-18-2002, 01:12 PM
Not too good today. Extremely difficult time getting on, slow when finally hooked up.

BIG19
11-18-2002, 01:55 PM
Have been on with both dial up and T1, today, and everything is great! Thanks

Administrator
11-18-2002, 05:37 PM
3ABirdMan: Yes, the servers are located in Bridge City.

To All: I'm definately glad that the new server is much faster, but unfortunately at this time, I have had to move the boards BACK over to the "Old" server until I can figure out why the "NEW" server keeps dying all of a sudden.. Will have to take stability over speed for a little while again. I will keep all of you updated!

pirate4state
11-18-2002, 05:42 PM
I hadn't been able to get on all day!!! Now that it's been switched back I was able to get right in. ?? Thanks.

SintonFan
11-19-2002, 01:00 AM
Administrator:
3ABirdMan: Yes, the servers are located in Bridge City.

To All: I'm definately glad that the new server is much faster, but unfortunately at this time, I have had to move the boards BACK over to the "Old" server until I can figure out why the "NEW" server keeps dying all of a sudden.. Will have to take stability over speed for a little while again. I will keep all of you updated!No problem, here. I like the turtle over the hare if that means I can get on at least. Good luck.

<small>[ November 20, 2002, 12:07 AM: Message edited by: SintonFan ]</small>