PDA

View Full Version : Wimberley Texans

Tejastrue
10-04-2014, 09:59 PM
After the opening week loss to La Vernia, in which they were shut out, the Texans offense has averaged 35 points (4 games). The starting defense has really picked it up... especially in the last 2 games. I like what I am seeing here with the young players. This could get interesting come playoff time. Go Texans!!

regaleagle
10-04-2014, 10:07 PM
Looks like the Texans will be in the mix for a district title this season, and should be competitive come playoff time. No doubt the first two games against La Vernia and Giddings got the team prepared and then the bye week hit early to further work out some kinks. Now the Texans are winning and may keep winning all the way to the playoffs. Good luck to the Texans this season.

Tejastrue
10-04-2014, 10:19 PM
Thanks Regal. I respect LV and would love to see a rematch next Friday..just to gauge where we are at...lol. We were not ready for a team of this caliber. We should have won the game against Giddings but they found a way. With that said, I think LV would love to have a rematch with La Grange. I'm excited about the future of Wimberley football aka post Nelms. We have some very good talent coming up through the ranks.

toddg
10-04-2014, 11:30 PM
After the opening week loss to La Vernia, in which they were shut out, the Texans offense has averaged 35 points (4 games). The starting defense has really picked it up... especially in the last 2 games. I like what I am seeing here with the young players. This could get interesting come playoff time. Go Texans!!
Go Texans!!! Glad they are doing well

Blue42
10-05-2014, 05:18 AM
Would love to see another playoff game with Cuero and Wimberley. Good luck to the Texans the rest of the way great school great town.

Pudlugger
10-05-2014, 08:07 AM
Thanks Regal. I respect LV and would love to see a rematch next Friday..just to gauge where we are at...lol. We were not ready for a team of this caliber. We should have won the game against Giddings but they found a way. With that said, I think LV would love to have a rematch with La Grange. I'm excited about the future of Wimberley football aka post Nelms. We have some very good talent coming up through the ranks.

Wimberley has completed the hard spot in their schedule losing to La Vernia and Giddings and winning 3 in a row including a pretty decent Iowa Park team(4-2). They should win their next 3 and maybe their final with Navarro. That would make them 7-2(only playing 9 games this season?) going into the 1st round against a 4th place team. My prediction is they go 3 rounds losing in the regional semi-finals. The Texans are getting better each week so they should have a bright future this season.

No Mulligans for you or LV :D

rb585
10-05-2014, 10:38 AM
We look a lot better than we did this time last season. The big key is that this season, we're getting better every week. Didn't do that last year, which is scary.

(I'm not gonna lie -- it also made me feel better to see that LV just laid the wood to Navarro.)

LV_Bearfan
10-05-2014, 12:47 PM
Wimberley has completed the hard spot in their schedule losing to La Vernia and Giddings and winning 3 in a row including a pretty decent Iowa Park team(4-2). They should win their next 3 and maybe their final with Navarro. That would make them 7-2(only playing 9 games this season?) going into the 1st round against a 4th place team. My prediction is they go 3 rounds losing in the regional semi-finals. The Texans are getting better each week so they should have a bright future this season.

No Mulligans for you or LV :D

La Grange won fair and square and deserves a ton of credit for beating La Vernia. They were the better team, and on top of it, they played a very clean game that night. Probably their best of the season.

LV_Bearfan
10-05-2014, 01:05 PM

Glad the Texans are rounding into form. Sounds like the offense is coming around well.

zebrablue2
10-05-2014, 01:29 PM

You all's head coach is a class act as well. Small towns run through cycles! Good luck to the Texans the rest of the way...

Tejastrue
10-11-2014, 09:44 PM
Thanks for all of the positive comments. Texans had the Llano game (52-20) wrapped up by halftime (45-0). Nice to see rb585 post again. Wish all the Wimberley folk would get back on here. The guys are really busting their arses to turn this thing around.

Tejastrue
10-11-2014, 09:55 PM
Would love to see another playoff game with Cuero and Wimberley. Good luck to the Texans the rest of the way great school great town.

Thanks. I really miss this match-up too. Always a slobber knocker when they meet. Been a closet Cuero fan for a while now. lol

bag-o-chips
10-12-2014, 07:30 AM
Tejas looks like we are headed for a showdown very soon. Congrats on the win. Hopefully one of our best Soph. players will be back from a nagging injury for our game. Should be a Great one!

Cam
10-12-2014, 10:42 AM
Go Texans!!!

Tejastrue
10-12-2014, 12:14 PM
Tejas looks like we are headed for a showdown very soon. Congrats on the win. Hopefully one of our best Soph. players will be back from a nagging injury for our game. Should be a Great one!

Thanks. Yes, not to get ahead of things but it appears that game will decide the district. I guess you are talking about the Leal kid. Wish him a speedy recovery. Was looking at Navarro's stats against Lytle. Impressive defensive numbers.

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/high_school/scoreboard/?site=default&mkt=sanantonio&Season=2014&tpl=Boxscore&Sport=1&ID=214857&TeamID=4188&SearchType=Teams

bag-o-chips
10-12-2014, 02:15 PM
Thanks Tejas. We have a very young defense with at least 6 sophs and 1 freshman. Yes that would be him and he has been missed on both sides. Over half of lytles yards came on their first drive and we blocked the FG. On offense just methodical. Only had 6 poss. and fumbled one inside the 10 and ran out the clock on the last one.

Tejastrue
10-18-2014, 09:34 PM
Well BOC...the Pirates of Lytle gave us a game. Their QB could zip the ball and they played like it was their last game of the year. We sat our best player for the entire game (Lambert) because of a slight hamstring issue. They have some talent. The field there reminded me of the early Texas Stadium (Cowboys) n Irving minus the artificial turf, because of the exaggerated crown in the middle of the field. From what I could tell we played a lot of reserves but we really looked flat. Congrats on another shutout win. Looks like we will have our hands full in Navarro to say the least.

bag-o-chips
10-19-2014, 08:08 AM
Well we hope we will be able to give you a game. I listened to the Hondo radio announcers and they had high praise for the Panthers. The Defense is really getting to a good point esp. with 2 shutouts and 4 for the season which is a new record for Navarro. We hope Leal will be bck in two weeks when we meet. Freshman QB had a good number of reps and throws the ball very well. Everybody has played well and they look like they have refocused after the LV game. Does not hurt to have two weeks to prepare for the Texans as well. Good luck with Hondo and see ya'll soon!