PDA

View Full Version : Bellville, Wharton, Sweeny, Columbus

maestro
10-04-2014, 05:50 PM
Ok

After the non-district activities and with the playoffs guaranteed by the UIL in this district ( sorry about that Royal )

How does the race look??

With everyone playing a very competitive schedule so far, it will be interesting to see how it plays out.

Wharton and Bellville have been impressive. Columbus will play tough in their style and Sweeny should have the athletes and size to match anyone.

Yoe_09
10-04-2014, 06:53 PM
I'm thinking:

1. Bellville
2. Wharton
3. Sweeny
4. Columbus

Bellville/Wharton should be close and Sweeny may not be too far behind. I'm not sure what to think about Columbus. They play some good teams tough and then get completely blown out by Hallettsville.

OLE'BULL
10-04-2014, 07:24 PM
I'm thinking:

1. Bellville
2. Wharton
3. Sweeny
4. Columbus

Bellville/Wharton should be close and Sweeny may not be too far behind. I'm not sure what to think about Columbus. They play some good teams tough and then get completely blown out by Hallettsville.

I agree with your order. Bellville has been playing lights out the last couple weeks and improving every week.

scrub c
10-04-2014, 08:27 PM
Sweeny
Bellville
Wharton
Columbus

Pudlugger
10-04-2014, 09:01 PM
D12 DII
Wharton 4-0
Bellville 3-1
Sweeny 2-2
Columbus 1-3
Royal 0-4

Scoop27
10-04-2014, 10:18 PM
Bellville 4-0
Sweeny 3-1
Wharton 2-2
Columbus 1-3
Royal 0-4

maestro
10-05-2014, 10:17 AM
So Scoop your post on wharton's lights out defense and speed from the Lamar game does not transfer to district success?

Are basing this on wharton's historical weakness vs the run??
If so, Columbus will also be a challenge on the toad.

In this district, it would appear that it will be a battle of styles and who can impose their will on the opponent.

WhartonTigers
10-05-2014, 02:17 PM
So Scoop your post on wharton's lights out defense and speed from the Lamar game does not transfer to district success?

Are basing this on wharton's historical weakness vs the run??
If so, Columbus will also be a challenge on the toad.

In this district, it would appear that it will be a battle of styles and who can impose their will on the opponent.

It will be a battle with us and Bellville, we have done great this year against the run...Cuero, el campo, sealy, lamar consolidated. ....last year columbus failed to keep up with the speed of our rb...BUT AS WE ALL KNOW THE RECORD IS 0-0 again wen u start district....

Corn Cob
10-05-2014, 02:39 PM
D12 DII
Wharton 4-0
Bellville 3-1
Sweeny 2-2
Columbus 1-3
Royal 0-4

I agree with this.