PDA

View Full Version : Still in shock!!!!

AggiesAreWe
10-04-2014, 09:31 AM
Woke up this morning at 8:30 and still cannot believe WO-S lost to Newton. Thought it was a bad dream.

Not sure what happened to the Mustangs. Never expected for them to lose to a team who the week prior lost to Orangefield.

What happened?

Pudlugger
10-04-2014, 10:18 AM
Woke up this morning at 8:30 and still cannot believe WO-S lost to Newton. Thought it was a bad dream.

Not sure what happened to the Mustangs. Never expected for them to lose to a team who the week prior lost to Orangefield.

What happened?

Ditto here Aggie what the heck happened to the Mustangs? Did Foster take the fight out of the Mustangs? WOS87 please step back from the ledge, it is only a game. :D

Old Green
10-04-2014, 10:46 AM
WO-S lost a couple of Lineman to injuries during the game with Newton.

Pudlugger
10-04-2014, 11:04 AM
WO-S lost a couple of Lineman to injuries during the game with Newton.

Still you'd think they would be able to fill the ranks from their bench and still get the win against an average team like Newton. Must have been a mental thing. They still have Hardin-Jefferson and Orangefield to contend with in district play. Hardin-Jefferson has to be considered the team to beat in R3 now.

cougartino
10-04-2014, 01:05 PM
That's why I don't take all these rankings seriously. WOS will be a major player when it's all said and done.

griff
10-07-2014, 08:57 AM
That's why I don't take all these rankings seriously. WOS will be a major player when it's all said and done.

The WO-S boys were really ramped up to play Richmond Foster, to see if they could slay the giant, and they just about pulled it off. That game DID take a lot out of the team emotionally and mentally. Then, they have to turn around and play the smallest school on their schedule (Newton), who already had multiple losses including one to Orangefield. Newton, on the other hand, was focused on this game like WO-S was against Foster. The Eagles played their best game of the year. Yes, WO-S had two of their starting O-linemen out. Plus, our two best defensive players were hurt during this game. This combination was enough to produce the upset. Props to Newton for doing what they had to for the win. They earned it. WO-S was undefeated against Newton until this game. If WO-S had put the focus and effort into the Newton game like they did against Foster and PNG, they beat Newton handily.

I can tell you without a doubt that WO-S took Newton lightly. We've been able to avoid letdown games like this in most years. I'm glad we've made this mistake now before district play and the playoffs. WO-S will not lose another game in the regular season, and that includes the one against HJ. Count on that.

regaleagle
10-07-2014, 06:30 PM
A very lucid and plausible explanation....we'll see if it pans out to be true. In high school football, any team can win or lose on a given week....you can count on that, for sure!