PDA

View Full Version : Before Zero Week I Guarantee......

PPHSfan
07-05-2003, 10:16 PM
Before Zero Week I Guarantee......

that Old Cardinal will have told us how great, or how much of a sleeper team, or how much of an up and coming team, that everyone is that Bridge City will either face in regular season, or by chance in the playoffs.

He has already started this practice. His plan is to make sure he builds every potential opponent up, so he will have a thread that he can point out how great he warned us a team would be. This way he can justify any losses his beloved Cardinals may endure. Does anyone remember last years Jasper thread? Of course the Jasper thread was started AFTER the Cardinals loss, but I still remember how Jasper was going to shut-out everyone all the way thru the State Title Game after they spanked Bridge City.

I must admit that I admire his tactic, but he is not fooling this cunning linguist in the least. :D

Ok Old Card...Hit me with your best shot. :p

exbccards76'smom
07-06-2003, 08:05 AM
here we go again!!! In this Corner PPHS...in the opposing corner, wearing Cardinal red and white, OC. Gentlemen no low blows, let's have a good clean fight. :D

trojandad
07-06-2003, 11:00 AM
Posts like this are why I admire Matthew and the rest for this web site. The Old Coach board would have taken this one away if it had appeared there.

It's the reason this board has appeal to grandfathers, fathers and even very intelligent young men like Dolan and my son. You guys who run this board should be very proud of allowing adults to be adults.

As for PPHS and Old Card, you two make for some great journal entries, I swear. The Comedy Club charges for stuff like this.

Old Cardinal
07-06-2003, 11:26 AM
To PPHS: To say positive things about teams I have seen play is no sin, in my opinion. I see a lot of ballgames-games like- H-F vs Barbers Hill, Orangefield vs PNG, Jasper vs Mexia, Orangefield vs Hemphill, etc: I also see opponents of Bridge City and Orangefield- Varsity, JV, 9th grade, 8th grade, even 7th grade. If a kid from my Church or neighborhood plays or cheers, I try to make their games and support them. If you can't handle that, then crybaby all you want, it want bother me! I plan to say positive things about a lot of programs, just as I have for years in the past, eat your heart out fellow, but your caustic talk will not bother me!

<small>[ July 06, 2003, 11:47 AM: Message edited by: Old Cardinal ]</small>

redstm
07-06-2003, 11:49 AM
Well Old Card i think you should be posting somthing on Navasota because they WILL be the ones you knock your Cardinals out of the playoffs

Old Cardinal
07-06-2003, 12:42 PM
First of all a game like that will never happen...Elgin will knock Navasota out. Bridge City is in a rebuilding year and may well not be able to get by Barbers Hill, if they are the 22-3A winner....Secondly, no 5-6, 3-2 team, without a prepetual strong building program, can sustain the rigors of Division I Postseason. If Bridge City, which has a solid building program, were to get this group of big skilled younger boys to come around by post season, they will be OK. Navasota, will not beat Bridge City anyway, because BC has extra proven speed in the backfield, enough to make a difference....What you should be worried about is Elgin, Navasota, Liberty, and Barbers Hill(if Div. II), beating your team at Bellville.

exbccards76'smom
07-06-2003, 12:43 PM
redstm:
Well Old Card i think you should be posting somthing on Navasota because they WILL be the ones you knock your Cardinals out of the playoffsEven though we are in a "rebuilding year", we will just have to wait and see who knocks who outta what won't we,hmmm?? wink

redstm
07-06-2003, 01:09 PM
Well if yall do get to where yall can play Navasota in the second round after they destroy Elgin then yall will get beat. At least thats what i think. Also i understand that you think every D-1 team is superior to any D-2 team but they arnt. And Bellville is worried about those teams but im not going to go around saying that everyone of them are "sleepers" so i can have an excuse if we lose.

And one more thing...you brag about yalls speed? I'll tell you that Navasota has plenty of speed to go around so that really wont win too many games against them.

<small>[ July 06, 2003, 01:21 PM: Message edited by: redstm ]</small>

RBARKER
07-06-2003, 02:54 PM
exbccards76'smom:

redstm:
Well Old Card i think you should be posting somthing on Navasota because they WILL be the ones you knock your Cardinals out of the playoffsEven though we are in a "rebuilding year", we will just have to wait and see who knocks who outta what won't we,hmmm?? wink Bridge City Should be fine this year. By playoffs they will have another strong team ready for the playoffs.I don't know how familiar you are with Coach Tarver, but I have watched him coach HF for years and he is an outstanding Coach. HF always has given BH fits while he coached there. He will make Bridge City a better team every year regardless of talent, you will see.Good Luck BC the year is almost here hope yall have a good one.

audasmom7
07-06-2003, 09:00 PM
Who are these teams???

PPHSfan
07-06-2003, 09:08 PM
Gosh Darn IT, :D

I try and razz Old Cardinal a little bit and get his Post Toasties stirred up, and he lets me down by resorting to name calling. And then you guys turn my thread into a South Texas "My team is better than your team" thread. I give up. From now on I am going to pick on Sinton66. At least he will do some research and hit me below the belt with a smile on his face. :p

trojandad
07-06-2003, 09:19 PM
Smile when you say that PP(ilgrim)HS, I was enjoying the laugh. I've yet to hear you say a biting thing yet. Now name my son personally in one of your quips and........

Gotcha......... :D

PPHSfan
07-06-2003, 09:22 PM
:D Trojandad,

Even Old Cardinal will admit that I never have anything negative to say about any of the kids that provide me with so much entertainment on Friday nights. :p

Well I take that back, Keith7 will probably accuse me of picking on him :D ....but he deserves it. :p

RBARKER
07-06-2003, 10:43 PM
audasmom7:
Who are these teams???These teams are about 800 miles from you to the East wink

exbccards76'smom
07-07-2003, 05:11 AM
I was trying to have a little "fun" too. Don't give up, PPHS, we love ya'!! :D

BULLDOGFAN
07-07-2003, 07:32 AM
I am the same way AudasMom7. I don't remember either of those teams even playing football last year.

sinton66
07-07-2003, 06:12 PM
PPHSfan:
:D Trojandad,

Even Old Cardinal will admit that I never have anything negative to say about any of the kids that provide me with so much entertainment on Friday nights. :p

Well I take that back, Keith7 will probably accuse me of picking on him :D ....but he deserves it. :p You are absolutely correct about one of the things you said, Keith7 deserves it! :D

ItalianStallion
07-09-2003, 09:43 PM
Navasota, are you kinding? dude really c'mon.