PDA

View Full Version : TAMU at Miss State

1st and goal
10-02-2014, 10:38 AM
Gonna be crazy in Starkville 11 am game time.

Odd makers give State a 1.5 point edge. I got to go with my aggies. They'll make some stops on D and this week the offense will connect on those passes. Ags by 10.

SEC west is by far the toughest conference right now.

JJWalker
10-02-2014, 11:58 AM
It was a good thing the Aggies were able to have their wakeup game against Arkansas last weekend.

I hope the coaches make better play calls in short yardage situations and that Mississippi State does not have a tough running punter.

caleb_mccaig
10-02-2014, 03:48 PM
Miss. State was my darkhorse in the SEC this year and Prescott was one of my pre-season picks to be in NYC. LSU's defense is five times better, if not more, than Arkansas' and they sliced the Tiger defense up. It's going to be a shootout.

1st and goal
10-02-2014, 05:01 PM
IMO, if State has a weakness, its their secondary. Time will tell. For sure all these teams will be beat up by Thanksgiving.

I love this time of year when decent games are on TV from morning till evening.

The weather will be cool for the game I hear.

Saggy Aggie
10-02-2014, 08:39 PM
Miss st is ranked 124th against the pass out of 125 teams.

Texas A&M passing offense is ranked 5th...

I'm unimpressed by Dak. Then again I'm unimpressed by Kenny as well honestly.

Idk, just hope we win. I've got 3 coworkers who are miss st grads that I'd love to talk some trash to

Emerson1
10-03-2014, 09:02 AM
A&M by as much as they want. Same with Alabama.

Saggy Aggie
10-03-2014, 10:11 AM
A&M has outscored it's opponents 69-3 in the 4th qtr and OT this season....

coach
10-03-2014, 10:33 AM
Tra Carson needs more touches imo.

1st and goal
10-03-2014, 10:45 AM
Tra Carson needs more touches imo.

Might happen, Brandon Williams stayed out of last weeks game when he made a TD, might have been a head concussion or something.
Trey Williams I think may have had a slight injury, not sure though.

JJWalker
10-04-2014, 02:11 PM
It was a good thing the Aggies were able to have their wakeup game against Arkansas last weekend.

I hope the coaches make better play calls in short yardage situations and that Mississippi State does not have a tough running punter.

It turns out ... the team that showed up for the Arkansas game is the real 2014 Aggies.

Too bad.

Saggy Aggie
10-04-2014, 02:19 PM
Yeah... This was bad.

Bad throws, drops and horrible defense will do it every time

Saggy Aggie
10-04-2014, 02:22 PM
Also, I like to make excuses, so....

Horrible spot on the early 3rd down where A&M turned it over on downs the next play. Miss st player dropped the ball before crossing the goalline on the long TD down the right sideline.

How can you target a runner? Then a few plays later, not targeting on the hit on neiderhofer?

LOL.... That's my feeble attempt.

Macarthur
10-04-2014, 02:25 PM
Also, I like to make excuses, so....

Horrible spot on the early 3rd down where A&M turned it over on downs the next play. Miss st player dropped the ball before crossing the goalline on the long TD down the right sideline.

How can you target a runner? Then a few plays later, not targeting on the hit on neiderhofer?

LOL.... That's my feeble attempt.

A&m did get some real home cooking on the officiating.

But just got whooped today.

regaleagle
10-04-2014, 02:53 PM
Yep....a good 0ld-Fashioned butt whooping is what they got. They dropped too many quality throws, but that's not why they lost. They were just whooped all over the field.

Saggy Aggie
10-04-2014, 03:09 PM
A&m did get some real home cooking on the officiating.

But just got whooped today.

No doubt. We got spanked

Bullaholic
10-04-2014, 04:53 PM
No doubt. We got spanked

Some of those SEC teams are deeper than others, Saggy. :D Seriously---I wish the team with a lot of Lone Star Lads would have won....

Saggy Aggie
10-04-2014, 05:41 PM
Me too, Bull. We've got a lot of growing up to do.

Another good recruiting class will help. I can't wait for Kyler Murray. I think he'll take Kennys job...

Receivers had a terrible game but kennys inaccurate balls definitely don't help

Roughneck93
10-04-2014, 06:01 PM
From Saturday Down South...:D

http://youtu.be/o6MFMXdyaWk

1st and goal
10-04-2014, 06:14 PM
I'll give K. Hill a B grade. His throws were catchable.

Home cooking referees hurt, but the dropped passes is what killed us. Offense not getting 1st downs or TDs kept the D on the field too long.

State kicked our booties.

Good day for Mississippi college football.

1st and goal
10-04-2014, 06:15 PM
Ole Miss just beat bama.

We got Ole Miss next week. They are 5-0

1st and goal
10-04-2014, 06:18 PM
It looks like TCU might beat OU, if that happens the AP rankings will be turned inside out after this weekend.

Saggy Aggie
10-04-2014, 06:54 PM
Yep it should be fsu auburn and Baylor in the top 3

Rabid Cougar
10-04-2014, 08:33 PM
I'll give K. Hill a B grade. His throws were catchable.

Home cooking referees hurt,

One of them is a UNT grad from Waco. None of the Crew was from the State of Mississippi .

I am a maroon blooded Aggie. Referees don't make tackles and catch passes. That's what killed the Ags today.

OLE'BULL
10-05-2014, 07:35 AM
Home cooking doesn't decide that football game. Kenny Hill looked good. Too many drops and the Aggie defense of old was back. There was a play near the goal line where Mastrovonni put his damn head straight down and just ran into the back of an Ag defender and the miss state QB slid off right by him. The camera had a perfect slow motion replay of it. It was embarrassing. Those are the kinds of fundamental mistakes that if they are not addressed quickly, it will be a long year for the D and the Aggies.

Saggy Aggie
10-05-2014, 10:14 AM
Kenny looked good?

The receivers played terrible but Kenny was anything but good....

Macarthur
10-05-2014, 10:31 AM
Kenny looked good?

The receivers played terrible but Kenny was anything but good....

I agree. His accuracy was very poor.

Saggy Aggie
10-05-2014, 11:45 AM
I agree. His accuracy was very poor.
Has been all year just about. People are finally starting to notice now because it actually matters when they lose

1st and goal
10-05-2014, 08:58 PM
One of them is a UNT grad from Waco. None of the Crew was from the State of Mississippi .

I am a maroon blooded Aggie. Referees don't make tackles and catch passes. That's what killed the Ags today.

Can't tackle when your being held. I saw 2 bad non calls on holding. 1 was on Garrett, the LT actually had hold of his facemask in the process. the other was a non call on the point of attack where the offensive lineman about ripped the shoulder pads off the would be tackler.

But I don't think it would have changed an L to a W.

hookandladder
10-06-2014, 06:38 AM
Can't tackle when your being held. I saw 2 bad non calls on holding. 1 was on Garrett, the LT actually had hold of his facemask in the process. the other was a non call on the point of attack where the offensive lineman about ripped the shoulder pads off the would be tackler.

There is holding on every play, just a matter of who gets caught and if the ref wants to call it.

Rabid Cougar
10-06-2014, 08:12 AM

It's 8 against 22. The little criminals are going to get away with something.

caleb_mccaig
10-06-2014, 08:49 AM
Yep it should be fsu auburn and Baylor in the top 3

Nothing like a little SEC bias by the AP pollsters.........lol

To be honest, I don't think Baylor is a top 5 team this year, they're good, don't get me wrong. Texas played well Saturday on defense, but if Petty goes 7-22 against a team that actually has an offense the Bears will lose 9 out of 10 times.

I fully expect this weekend to be a tough match-up for Baylor and Petty and the passing game needs to be sharp for them to win.

BB BULLS
10-06-2014, 02:17 PM
this is just one of the three losses that A&M will have this year and they may lose four

1st and goal
10-06-2014, 03:35 PM
I heard on the radio a caller claiming not 1 tackle was made by an A&M middle linebacker. Not sure if it is true, but stunning if it is. Especially considering the amount of yardage made on the run.

Saggy Aggie
10-06-2014, 07:52 PM
Wouldn't surprise me. Mastrogiovanni is awful

Saggy Aggie
10-06-2014, 07:53 PM
Nothing like a little SEC bias by the AP pollsters.........lol

To be honest, I don't think Baylor is a top 5 team this year, they're good, don't get me wrong. Texas played well Saturday on defense, but if Petty goes 7-22 against a team that actually has an offense the Bears will lose 9 out of 10 times.

I fully expect this weekend to be a tough match-up for Baylor and Petty and the passing game needs to be sharp for them to win.

I didn't say they deserved the ranking, just what I figured it'd be