PDA

View Full Version : Burnet's Stephen McGee Ranked 16th Best QB in Nation by Insiders

PPHSfan
06-30-2003, 10:41 AM
That is four spots higher than Bridgeport's Daugherty was ranked last year. This is a fantastic accomplishment. He is also the highest ranked 3A quarterback in the Nation.

Here is the Link
The Insiders (http://scout.theinsiders.com/a.z?s=73&p=9&c=4&pid=10&yr=2004)

Reveille
06-30-2003, 11:27 AM
He is a better QB than 16. McGee is considered the fourth best QB in Texas according to insiders. I have no problem with Bomar being the top QB in the state, but Reid and Freeman ahead of McGee. Give me a break. If McGee had not committed to A&M so early, he would be a 4-star and ranked higher.

Phil C
06-30-2003, 11:29 AM
Why would his committing to A&M have any effect on his ranking?

PPHSfan
06-30-2003, 11:34 AM
Geez, you try and say something nice about someone in Burnet, and it is never enough.

You know what? There are 206 starting quarterbacks in 3A that would love to be rated 16th best QB in the NATION. Being ranked 4th in the state of TEXAS is no minor accomplishment either.

There have been highschool quarterbacks in Texas that were ranked a hell of a lot lower that went on to make millions in the NFL.

If we took McGee out back and Hung Him with a Brand New Rope, would you complain about that too?

PPHSfan
06-30-2003, 11:43 AM
I guess if Kirby Freeman had not already give a verbal to MIAMI he would be rated higher too right? :rolleyes:

Reveille
06-30-2003, 11:48 AM
Phil, I feel a very early commit gets hurt in the rankings,JMO.

PPH, I didn't mean to step on any toes. Mcgee is a great QB. I just think he is ranked a little low.

BIG19
06-30-2003, 11:58 AM
Did you also see that Jordan Shipley is ranked 16th in receiving? It has been a real treat to be able to watch these two play for the last two years. Should be a fun season this year too. Hope everyone (all 3A players)stays healthy and can play to their full potential!

PPHSfan
06-30-2003, 12:09 PM
Reveille:
Phil, I feel a very early commit gets hurt in the rankings,JMO.

PPH, I didn't mean to step on any toes. Mcgee is a great QB. I just think he is ranked a little low.Actually, the only reason you care to be ranked by the recruiters is to better your chances of your D1 status. Since McGee is already commited to a full ride at A&M, I bet he couldn't care less where he is ranked.

My post was just to compliment him for all of his hard work.

Old Dog
06-30-2003, 02:35 PM
PPHSfan...thanks for the heads up, I had neglected to check that lately! It was interesting going on thru the lists and seeing all the of Texas young men getting attention, especially those from 3A and smaller.

PPHSfan
06-30-2003, 03:17 PM
The whole state looks pretty good on both sides of the ball.

4 Quarterbacks, 3 Running Backs, 4 Wide Recievers, 4 Defensive Tackles, 2 Defensive Ends, 2 Safetys, and 3 Cornerbacks, all make the top 20 in the Nation at their position. All from Texas Highschools.

Reveille
07-25-2003, 11:48 AM
Lemming has Mcgee ranked seven in the nation and second in Texas.

http://sports.espn.go.com/recruiting/s/2004topqbs.html

29x281
07-25-2003, 06:39 PM
I don't think McGee being from Burnet is what prompted the response from Revielle. I think, as Revielle's name implies, it's more of an Aggie deal than a Burnet deal.

And plus, it's probably true that an early commitment skews a kid's ranking downward. That, and the fact that each recruiting service tends to pander to a different college's fans; they upgrade or downgrade according to which school the kid is leaning toward. For instance, Lemming (who's just terrible by the way) is a notorious Notre Dame homer. Nevertheless, I'm glad to see he has McGee ranked at 7.

But then, I'm willing to wager that very few of these gurus have ever seen McGee play or even seen film of him playing. Lemming has McGee at 7? Great. As likely as not it's because he's looking to downgrade some Ohio State QB commit that turned down ND. Don't think for a minute that our local gurus wouldn't base their statewide rankings of Bomar, Freeman, Ried, and McGee on similar logic.

I guess I'm cynical though.

<small>[ July 25, 2003, 06:40 PM: Message edited by: 29x281 ]</small>