PDA

View Full Version : Barbers Hill vs. Bridge City

RBARKER
05-11-2002, 11:40 PM
Hey BH or BC fans does anyone know when and where the game might be played? Is it going to be a 1 or 3 game series? It ought to be be a pretty good game, BH is look pretty good. I see that BC is playing well also. it will be a tough test for BH. Oh well tell me what your out look is for the game Cardinal or Eagle fans. Good luck Eagles!!

bccards
05-12-2002, 12:37 AM
One Game Series @ Jasper Thursday @ 7:30Pm

BH_146
05-12-2002, 02:35 PM
How in the world did this game end up in Jasper being played at 7:30 on a school night? Were all of the Golden Triangle basebball fields plowed up over the weekend? Did the schools in the area have the Ag students plant rice to help with school budgets? Or is someone just seizing the moment for all of us "55ers" to be able to drive 70 mph again?

Old Cardinal
05-12-2002, 04:17 PM
Boy I agree! I was hoping for a 3 game series also. That would give the winner plenty of batting practice to face #1 3A Lorena. BH146 see if you can find out who won the flips on # of games and location? Who knows, maybe the economy needs the tourism up there...I wish they would change it to any Beaumont location.

Birdman
05-13-2002, 11:49 PM
BH won the flip and chose to play one game. Lamar's Vincent-Beck Field was only available on Wednesday and BH refused to play that early. Deer Park was available but BH nixed that as BC has played there successfully. PN-G is being used for the H-J/Buna series. Jasper has a great field and it was mutually agreeable.

BH_146
05-14-2002, 07:20 AM
Old Card, the info I got was about the same as birdman except that PNG was available at the time Jasper was decided upon but the BC didn't want to play at PNG. And I guess neither team wanted Woodville which would have been closer for us.

buffalo booster
05-14-2002, 09:35 AM
Old Cardinal -- I realize Lorena is #1, but they still have to beat Giddings 2 out of 3 this weekend. I hope that they are as confident of their "victory" as you seem to be...

Old Cardinal
05-14-2002, 04:20 PM
Sorry Buffalo, Bet that did tick you off! Ya'll go ahead and beat them-we will be glad to play you in the semi's.

buffalo booster
05-15-2002, 08:01 AM
Lookin' forward to seeing you in the next round. This year's baseball team is similar to this year's football team in a number of ways. There are quite a few two-sport players who starred on both teams; neither team got much recognition until well into the playoffs...

Ratcop
05-15-2002, 09:36 AM
Hey Buffalo Booster didn't BH defeat your baseball team this season? BC plays them on Thursday at Jasper.

RBARKER
05-15-2002, 10:20 AM
That's right Ratcop, BH did defeat Giddings 9-3 during the Sealy tournament. Don’t overlook BH just yet. Anything can happen in a one game series.

buffalo booster
05-15-2002, 01:13 PM
My apologies. I should've said, "We've got winner!"