PDA

View Full Version : Baylor at University of Texas

Scoop27
09-28-2014, 10:32 PM
This could be a long Saturday for the Longhorns-Especially if the offense doesn't step up and play better than it did against Kansas. The defense can keep them in the game hopefully

Rabid Cougar
09-29-2014, 10:25 AM
This could be a long Saturday for the Longhorns-Especially if the offense doesn't step up and play better than it did against Kansas. The defense can keep them in the game hopefully

Not going to happen. Baylor will hang 50+ on them.

44INAROW
09-29-2014, 10:42 AM
Sic em Bears

YTBulldogs
09-29-2014, 10:44 AM
As a Horn fan, could get ugly Sat. Especially with Scoop in there. Oppps, I mean Swoopes. Scoop might be a better option though.

coach
09-29-2014, 11:54 AM

Baylor has the most underrated defense in the nation 2 years running now.

caleb_mccaig
09-29-2014, 02:13 PM

I was pretty high on them also. I don't think there's much depth on the defense though. Iowa State is not a quality offense, granted it was 35-7 at half I think, so I think the defense played above average but I wasn't as impressed as I thought I was going to be based on the performances before this game.

Rabid Cougar
09-29-2014, 02:14 PM

Their defensive personnel match their offensive personnel in size and speed.

Another thing.. Why is it Baylor vs the "University of Texas"? No such school!

hookandladder
09-29-2014, 02:34 PM
Their defensive personnel match their offensive personnel in size and speed.

Another thing.. Why is it Baylor vs the "University of Texas"? No such school!

It's actually The University of Texas, Lol.

coach
09-29-2014, 02:57 PM

Texas University... bruh

JJWalker
09-29-2014, 03:04 PM
Longhorns win this one.

hookandladder
09-29-2014, 03:15 PM
Texas University... bruh

Close- You may be thinking of Texas Sate University not The University of Texas at Austin.

Rabid Cougar
09-29-2014, 04:22 PM

Actually "The University of Texas at Austin". Just so you dont get confused with the other UT's and TU's of the world.

Saggy Aggie
09-29-2014, 05:21 PM
Texas university at Austin? Tua?

hookandladder
09-29-2014, 06:20 PM
Yes you got it right, The University of Texas. Everybody knows that, Just the facts. Hookem

SWMustang
09-30-2014, 10:14 AM
I'm not a big gambler, but the opening line on this was only 13 points. What am I missing here? Baylor should mop the floor with UT.

Macarthur
09-30-2014, 10:43 AM
Baylor big.

Scoop27
09-30-2014, 01:09 PM
http://texassports.com/news/2014/9/29/FB_0929145528.aspx

NastySlot
09-30-2014, 02:17 PM

sure it's not The University of Texsa? I thought I read media guide and it was TexsaSports.

hookandladder
09-30-2014, 02:40 PM
sure it's not The University of Texsa? I thought I read media guide and it was TexsaSports.

Yea University of Texas, Hookem

NastySlot
09-30-2014, 10:04 PM
Yea University of Texas, Hookem

Good Luck....Sat

1st and goal
10-01-2014, 08:15 AM
I think the line is closer to 16 now. Vegas boys got to try and even up the betting.

New Taiton
10-01-2014, 08:55 AM
I'm not a big gambler, but the opening line on this was only 13 points. What am I missing here? Baylor should mop the floor with UT.

I tend to wager quite a bit on college football and do have Baylor at -15.5 but have seen teams like Texas cover spreads like this quite often. Texas' defense will be the best Baylor has faced all year, obviously, and could slow them down some, but I don't know if it will be enough. Art Briles runs the score up on team and will be relentless to Texas. The difference is - I don't think Texas can score on Baylor's defense as much as Baylor will be able to score on Texas. In fact, a team total wager for the under on Texas would be a good bet to make for those who do.

For those interested in lines, etc. - what explains Oklahoma being a 4.5 point favorite over TCU?

Macarthur
10-01-2014, 09:20 AM
I tend to wager quite a bit on college football and do have Baylor at -15.5 but have seen teams like Texas cover spreads like this quite often. Texas' defense will be the best Baylor has faced all year, obviously, and could slow them down some, but I don't know if it will be enough. Art Briles runs the score up on team and will be relentless to Texas. The difference is - I don't think Texas can score on Baylor's defense as much as Baylor will be able to score on Texas. In fact, a team total wager for the under on Texas would be a good bet to make for those who do.

For those interested in lines, etc. - what explains Oklahoma being a 4.5 point favorite over TCU?

I think UTs defense def is the best Baylor has faced and normally could keep them in it. The problem UT has is that they just don't have enough play makers on offense. I just can't imagine them scoring 21 points.

As for the TCU/OU line, I think TCU gives OU all they can handle.

BwdLions
10-01-2014, 09:24 AM
Baylor is actually playing a college team this week. Their 6-A high school schedule is over.

hookandladder
10-01-2014, 09:32 AM
Pretty simple game plan for Texas, the defense must play really well and the offense must have time consuming drives or as most have said it could turn out really bad for Texas. Right now the offense is the worse I have ever seen at Texas, just no rhythm going on right now at all. After 4 games you would think it would have improved however last week against Kansas I feel it went backwards, definitely need a playmaker to step up and Johnson could be that guy if he returns. Hookem.

Rabid Cougar
10-01-2014, 09:40 AM
Baylor is actually playing a college team this week. Their 6-A high school schedule is over.

No that part of the schedule is not over until November 8th.

New Taiton
10-03-2014, 08:38 AM
Hey Hook -

What's your thoughts on Matthew McConahay speaking to the team this week during practice?

Do you find it hypocritical of Coach Strong to ask a known marijuana user to address the team given that one of his five pillars is "No Drugs"?

1st and goal
10-03-2014, 10:30 AM
If they horns can sustain some long drives, this game could be close.

I think Baylor will capitolize on turnovers/mistakes.

coach
10-03-2014, 10:32 AM
Hey Hook -

What's your thoughts on Matthew McConahay speaking to the team this week during practice?

Do you find it hypocritical of Coach Strong to ask a known marijuana user to address the team given that one of his five pillars is "No Drugs"?

I just dont get why you would ask him to speak? What is he going to motivate them to do? Motivate them to make a crappy romance movie?

1st and goal
10-03-2014, 10:46 AM
I just dont get why you would ask him to speak? What is he going to motivate them to do? Motivate them to make a crappy romance movie?

How to smoke ganja and play bongos in the nude.

Saggy Aggie
10-03-2014, 12:15 PM
LOL.... Hook wants no part of your questions

Rabid Cougar
10-03-2014, 01:03 PM
Hey Hook -

THE stupidest thing I saw on ESPN this morning.

To show you how uninterested that Baylor is in this game. They returned 1,300 unsold tickets out of 3,800. Wow! Such a big game!

hookandladder
10-03-2014, 01:20 PM
I am sure many fans have that same opinion, Coach Strong rules only apply to his players on his team. What you do in your life is your decision but if you are going to play for Strong you will be clean at that time. Same goes for Ricky Williams being part of LHN , everyone makes mistakes which is part of life. Have you ever made a bad decision , if so does that make you a bad person for life. Saggy- Get a life, Lol

New Taiton
10-03-2014, 02:04 PM
I am sure many fans have that same opinion, Coach Strong rules only apply to his players on his team. What you do in your life is your decision but if you are going to play for Strong you will be clean at that time.

So Coach Strong forbids players from doing 5 things (depending on your athletic ability, of course - like the Michael Dwyer situation), but will allow somebody who breaks these rules to motivate and influence the team depending on how famous they are? Lol.

hookandladder
10-03-2014, 02:22 PM
So Coach Strong forbids players from doing 5 things (depending on your athletic ability, of course - like the Michael Dwyer situation), but will allow somebody who breaks these rules to motivate and influence the team depending on how famous they are? Lol.

Dude ,You obviously have a butt hurt for Strong, I am sure Sumlin and many other D 1 coaches do not live up to your standards. It's OK , your aggys have a chance to do something really special this year . Act like you've been there before , even if you have obviously never been there. Hookem

hookandladder
10-03-2014, 02:35 PM

The funny thing about you questioning Coach Strong is that Sumlin just **** all over ATMs code of honor with allowing his stealing player to sit what one game, now that's the kettle calling pot black. Don't even go there, LMAO.i learn something new.

New Taiton
10-03-2014, 02:52 PM
Dude ,You obviously have a butt hurt for Strong, I am sure Sumlin and many other D 1 coaches do not live up to your standards. It's OK , your aggys have a chance to do something really special this year . Act like you've been there before , even if you have obviously never been there. Hookem

Am I "butthurt for strong" or am I just calling a spade a spade? You've seen my thesis on how elated I am for Texas that Charlie Strong is the head coach.

You've gotten on your high horse telling us how moral Charlie Strong is and I've pointed out multiple situations that negates your theory. I think he's a fine person and means well - but I find him highly hypocritcal, and I find it highly humorous how blind your support for him is. Lol.

hookandladder
10-03-2014, 03:09 PM
Am I "butthurt for strong" or am I just calling a spade a spade? You've seen my thesis on how elated I am for Texas that Charlie Strong is the head coach.

You've gotten on your high horse telling us how moral Charlie Strong is and I've pointed out multiple situations that negates your theory. I think he's a fine person and means well - but I find him highly hypocritcal, and I find it highly humorous how blind your support for him is. Lol.

Great we agree to disagree, you are so knowledgeable and all your info. Is from the horses mouth, again LMAO.

New Taiton
10-03-2014, 04:10 PM
The funny thing about you questioning Coach Strong is that Sumlin just **** all over ATMs code of honor with allowing his stealing player to sit what one game, now that's the kettle calling pot black. Don't even go there, LMAO.i learn something new.

He didn't tolerate the shoplifiting that occurred - thus the suspension. He did the crime and he did his time - move on. Pot/kettle in this situation is if Victor Davis recieved no punishment. But he did. Lol.

And LOL at Texas relying on the class/moral card.

New Taiton
10-03-2014, 04:12 PM
Great we agree to disagree, you are so knowledgeable and all your info. Is from the horses mouth, again LMAO.

I'm not fluent in gibberish, but I'd be happy to respond to this if you could have it translated.

TIA.

hookandladder
10-03-2014, 04:19 PM
I'm not fluent in gibberish, but I'd be happy to respond to this if you could have it translated.

TIA.

Again you are so knowledge and smart, figuire it out you have nothing better to do. Out.

New Taiton
10-03-2014, 04:30 PM
Again you are so knowledge and smart, figuire it out you have nothing better to do. Out.

:crazy:

Saggy Aggie
10-03-2014, 04:34 PM
its like trying to argue with scoop

1st and goal
10-03-2014, 06:53 PM

scoop doesn't argue.

hookandladder
10-03-2014, 08:01 PM

That's because everyone on here is just talking ****, not much actual experience of playing the game because if you did you would be more knowledgeable of the game. Saggy you just have internet knowledge only, I never played football and not afraid to admitt it . Don't beleive everything you hear, half is not true. Anybody can sit behind a keyboard and act like they know something, most just show their ignorance.Hookem

1st and goal
10-04-2014, 07:56 AM
I think either the horns will lose big (like the vegas boyz think), or with some trick plays and a bit of luck, they might keep it close. I remember last year's game, it was close at the half and then Baylor bombed the horns bigtime in the 2nd half.

Roughneck93
10-04-2014, 11:31 AM
http://www.lapopart.net/texas_fight_preview.jpg

Roughneck93
10-04-2014, 02:55 PM
Should have just gone for it....:ack!:

regaleagle
10-04-2014, 03:03 PM
This game will NOT be a blowout either way, imo. Baylor should win, but will have to earn it.

Roughneck93
10-04-2014, 03:41 PM
Nice goal line stand....

Roughneck93
10-04-2014, 04:03 PM
Dammit Texas!! :foul:

Roughneck93
10-04-2014, 05:46 PM
Texas offense....:sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping:

1st and goal
10-04-2014, 06:30 PM
Horns must have missed the call about it being "upset Saturday"....

hookandladder
10-05-2014, 10:47 AM
Horns must have missed the call about it being "upset Saturday"....

Definitely played well enough on defense to pull an upset , offense is just downright hard to watch and unfortunately I do not see it getting better. Any time our receivers are open the ball gets there late or they are just lucky to make the catch with it being so off target, I know they want to red shirt Heard but how long do you go with someone that is not getting it done. I thought the OL did better yesterday, no doubt QB is not the main issue but when you got guys open you got to deliver.

1st and goal
10-05-2014, 09:02 PM
Missing the field goal and fumbling at the goal line killed any momentum they had. If they had made those, it would have been a lot closer.

Macarthur
10-05-2014, 10:11 PM
UT better hope Heard is good. If he's not all that, they are in some big trouble.

OU isn't going anywhere and neither is Baylor. TCU seems to think they are red shirting a great qb in sawyer. KSU will always be solid. OSU will reload.

It could get ugly in the next couple of years if heard isn't the man.

BB BULLS
10-06-2014, 02:19 PM
the Bears done what they was suppossed to do and that is win, cant say that for alot of other teams