PDA

View Full Version : Going on 800 calorie diet

Pudlugger
09-28-2014, 08:13 PM
Mrs Pudlugger and I are going on Ideal Protein diet. Supposed to lose 5 lbs/week. We start 10/6 so we only have a week to clean out the frig and eat the rest of the Haagen-Dazs in the freezer. Hope to lose 100lbs in 5 months.

YTBulldogs
09-28-2014, 08:14 PM
Damn Pud. You'll be in a pissy mood over here Friday then. Good luck.

Dawgfan64
09-28-2014, 08:17 PM
Tried that and my cholesterol went so high that the doc put me on meds

YTBulldogs
09-28-2014, 08:19 PM
nothing but road work works IMO. Be devoted to walking (I like running) daily and stay on it. Of course, eating better helps too.

Pudlugger
09-28-2014, 08:36 PM
Tried that and my cholesterol went so high that the doc put me on meds

My doc tells me it should lower my cholesterol but it is in target range already. No fat or carbs allowed only 800 calories of protein daily. No exercise either as it depletes muscle mass on this ultra low calorie plan. Just sit around and reminisce about food I suppose.

YTBulldogs
09-28-2014, 08:39 PM
Smell it, just don't eat it. Only way I control weight, is pounding the pavement. All others failed.

hollywood
09-28-2014, 08:56 PM
Smell it, just don't eat it. Only way I control weight, is pounding the pavement. All others failed.

Right on YTBulldogs! I've been blessed with a matabolismn where I haven't ever had a high weight issue but I do have to exercise to keep in shape, keep blood pressure down and keep cholestoral in check. I did get to a point where if I didn't stay active, I would have started down the road of weight gain. I know everyone is designed differently and genetics play a key, best thing is to eat in moderation and start burning calories. The body will respond. It's designed to be in motion, not sit around. Get active. Think positive. Anyone can do it. Best wishes!

defense51
09-28-2014, 09:15 PM
That's a tough diet to follow, 800 calories isn't much to fuel your muscles and brain. Your willpower will have to be off the charts, but it should help with you and your wife doing it together! I think I would try to include plenty of dietary fiber to keep you feeling full. Good luck, and keep us posted on your results.

YTBulldogs
09-28-2014, 09:20 PM
That's a tough diet to follow, 800 calories isn't much to fuel your muscles and brain. Your willpower will have to be off the charts, but it should help with you and your wife doing it together! I think I would try to include plenty of dietary fiber to keep you feeling full. Good luck, and keep us posted on your results.

Those coming to town here this Friday, avoid sitting by Pud. He will be snappy even when LG scores.:cheerl: I do wish you well with the diet though. To help, I would include some pavement work too. But, at only 800 cals, you might not have strength to tie on the Nikes. That is mighty low in take.

Pudlugger
09-28-2014, 10:21 PM
Those coming to town here this Friday, avoid sitting by Pud. He will be snappy even when LG scores.:cheerl: I do wish you well with the diet though. To help, I would include some pavement work too. But, at only 800 cals, you might not have strength to tie on the Nikes. That is mighty low in take.

I'll be fine Friday as I start the following Monday. They specifically say not to exercise as you could pass out LOL. After the weight is off I plan to increase my exercise regime mostly walking and elliptical trainer stuff. I just had a knee replacement in July and am doing great on that front but I need to get down to my ideal weight now.

Cam
09-28-2014, 10:48 PM
Dang! 800 calories???....you made me feel guilty cause I ate baked chicken, a baked potato, and one small corn on the cobby for dinner....then I had a Baby Ruth candy bar during the Cowboys game....and chased it with a Bud Light!........somehow, I'm holding steady at 205 lbs....but I probably need to get down to 195.....

44INAROW
09-29-2014, 10:41 AM
My doc tells me it should lower my cholesterol but it is in target range already. No fat or carbs allowed only 800 calories of protein daily. No exercise either as it depletes muscle mass on this ultra low calorie plan. Just sit around and reminisce about food I suppose.

damn, I need to do this too... do you have a link to the diet? I'm headed to florida on Thursday but would like to start when I get back on the 8th..

Ville-D
09-29-2014, 10:57 AM
damn, I need to do this too... do you have a link to the diet? I'm headed to florida on Thursday but would like to start when I get back on the 8th..

Here it is:

http://www.oberto.com/assets/img/bags/Obj_lg.png

44INAROW
09-29-2014, 11:00 AM
http://www.oberto.com/assets/img/bags/Obj_lg.png

that commerial is kinda weird.... :vrycnfsd:

Pudlugger
09-29-2014, 11:40 AM

44 you need to have your doctor prescribe it for you. There are a number of medical issues that need to be addressed. If you get the ok then you need to enroll in the program through a nutritionist who provides the foods and supplements and monitors your weight loss. We go to Adult Care of Austin for this.

here is a Yelp review for Adult Care of Austin

http://www.yelp.com/biz/adult-care-of-austin-austin

BB BULLS
09-29-2014, 01:22 PM
no more sausage wraps for you Pud

44INAROW
09-29-2014, 01:30 PM

bobcat1
09-29-2014, 03:07 PM
I'd have to be under lock and key to stick to an 800 calorie diet.