lostaussie
09-28-2014, 06:34 PM
Could possibly be the best team in 4A

bobcat1
09-28-2014, 07:17 PM
Hmmm. :thinking:

db8coach
09-28-2014, 08:23 PM
I love our boys. But there is a long row to hoe to be the best. "To be the man, you have to beat the man." Ric Flair.

hollywood
09-28-2014, 08:35 PM

Spinner bait, spoon, top water, or jigs... What lure you fishing with lostaussie?

lostaussie
09-28-2014, 08:38 PM
Got to read them all my friend

toddg
09-29-2014, 06:46 AM
[QUOTE=db8coach;1827187]I love our boys. But there is a long row to hoe to be the best. "To be the man, you have to beat the man." Ric Flair.[/QUOTE

Ric Flair Quotes...nice..:cool:

Caprocker
09-29-2014, 10:33 AM
I love our boys. But there is a long row to hoe to be the best. "To be the man, you have to beat the man." Ric Flair.

i don't care about the ranking bullsh!t but you just went up on the ladder with the ric flair reference.....whoooooooooo!

nobogey72
09-29-2014, 04:10 PM
Who knows !!! They very well could end up being the best team in 4A. My guess is that they are the 3rd best team in their district.

Hollyville
09-29-2014, 10:48 PM
If Stephenville played Big Spring this Friday, I would give the edge to Big Spring. Our defense isn't ready for Big Spring. Good thing its two weeks before playing Brownwood, time enough to work it out.

db8coach
09-30-2014, 12:22 AM
i don't care about the ranking bullsh!t but you just went up on the ladder with the ric flair reference.....whoooooooooo!

My other favorite "Wheelin', Dealin', kiss stealin', Limousine ridin', jet flyin' Son of a gun! Whooooooooooooooooo!"

Ville-D
09-30-2014, 01:00 AM
My other favorite "Wheelin', Dealin', kiss stealin', Limousine ridin', jet flyin' Son of a gun! Whooooooooooooooooo!"

Go to 1:47

http://youtu.be/oESVMyJ20Ik?t=1m47s

jason
09-30-2014, 08:32 AM
No way.
If they are, then 4a is way down this year.
I don't know who is #1 but I would like to think I can recognize a top ranked team when I see one and that wasn't it.

And before anybody blasts me about me thinking Stephenville is the best, I don't think they are either, they might not even win their district if they can't learn to defend the pass. Their offense may be the best, but their defense is too anemic to carry a #1 team ranking.

I said it Friday night after I saw Big Spring - after everything I had heard about B.S. I would have picked them to beat Stephenville at home this year. Not so sure about that now though now that I've seen them.

And before everybody blasts me again for judging a team after only seeing them once and playing a bad game (I assume it was a bad game, because it was pretty bad) - I will refer everybody to the same criticism that followed the Stephenville loss to Lubbock Cooper.

lostaussie
09-30-2014, 08:45 AM
You took that way too much to heart my friend:D

jason
09-30-2014, 09:37 AM
You took that way too much to heart my friend:D
i know.
i needed to vent.
they really aren't that good though!!
neither was graham. they stunk!!

Sweetwater Red
09-30-2014, 09:45 AM
i know.
i needed to vent.
they really aren't that good though!!
neither was graham. they stunk!!

Does this mean you won't be going to Big Spring for the Stephenville game?

If not then you should come to Sweewater for our game against Monahans.
We are a little faster than the 2007(?) team that you and Emerson1 watched
play.

Caprocker
09-30-2014, 09:59 AM
No way.
If they are, then 4a is way down this year.
I don't know who is #1 but I would like to think I can recognize a top ranked team when I see one and that wasn't it.

And before anybody blasts me about me thinking Stephenville is the best, I don't think they are either, they might not even win their district if they can't learn to defend the pass. Their offense may be the best, but their defense is too anemic to carry a #1 team ranking.

I said it Friday night after I saw Big Spring - after everything I had heard about B.S. I would have picked them to beat Stephenville at home this year. Not so sure about that now though now that I've seen them.

And before everybody blasts me again for judging a team after only seeing them once and playing a bad game (I assume it was a bad game, because it was pretty bad) - I will refer everybody to the same criticism that followed the Stephenville loss to Lubbock Cooper.

hook. line. sinker. in the gut. cut the line and release.

jason
09-30-2014, 10:08 AM
Does this mean you won't be going to Big Spring for the Stephenville game?

If not then you should come to Sweewater for our game against Monahans.
We are a little faster than the 2007(?) team that you and Emerson1 watched
play.
I plan on it. Should be a good one.
Geez that was 7 years ago? Wow.

Sweetwater Red
09-30-2014, 10:22 AM
I plan on it. Should be a good one.
Geez that was 7 years ago? Wow.

I think so too. Too bad Sweewater isn't playing at Ft. Stockton or Pecos that week
or I'd be there (or in Cuero for the Sinton game).

Yeah, crazy how time flies.

db8coach
09-30-2014, 10:23 AM
No way.

Oh well, might as well send that gold football to Stephenville then right?

jason
09-30-2014, 10:58 AM
Oh well, might as well send that gold football to Stephenville then right?
yeah, that's what i said :rolleyes:

Caprocker
09-30-2014, 11:22 AM
yeah, that's what i said :rolleyes:

hey FF champ.. i know what you're saying.. im on board with you..maybe we can edge in with a hail mary or the refs will hand us game preserving calls...never know maybe you guys will give us 21 points of turnovers inside the 10 yd line..all ways that we have been given wins or close games in the last 6 games we have played..im amazed at the luck we have had..coach ritchey must be living right..

hollywood
09-30-2014, 12:18 PM
hey FF champ.. i know what you're saying.. im on board with you..maybe we can edge in with a hail mary or the refs will hand us game preserving calls...never know maybe you guys will give us 21 points of turnovers inside the 10 yd line..all ways that we have been given wins or close games in the last 6 games we have played..im amazed at the luck we have had..coach ritchey must be living right..

I think it's the latter.

Deuce
09-30-2014, 12:19 PM

Seems like your a little fired up about this turnover thing and Big Spring not getting credit for wins. I looked back in the Graham/BS thread and saw plenty of Graham posters giving BS credit for playing great and winning. I only assume this is what your referring to when you say 6 turnovers in the other thread. You really should lighten up a little, it could be bad for your blood pressure if you don't.

Caprocker
09-30-2014, 01:41 PM
Seems like your a little fired up about this turnover thing and Big Spring not getting credit for wins. I looked back in the Graham/BS thread and saw plenty of Graham posters giving BS credit for playing great and winning. I only assume this is what your referring to when you say 6 turnovers in the other thread. You really should lighten up a little, it could be bad for your blood pressure if you don't.

no it goes much further back than the graham game..

Caprocker
09-30-2014, 01:45 PM
but hey as far as the blood pressure goes im not typing in all caps yet am i..i mean thats the internet warrior mad isnt it?

Sweetwater Red
09-30-2014, 02:07 PM
but hey as far as the blood pressure goes im not typing in all caps yet am i..i mean thats the internet warrior mad isnt it?

Do you mean Ultimate Warrior mad?

http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg53/detroit8990/UWM.jpg

lostaussie
09-30-2014, 03:18 PM

http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg53/detroit8990/UWM.jpgThat's some sweet hair!!!!

Ville-D
09-30-2014, 08:45 PM

If not for all the turnovers we gave away last year we would have beat BS in the playoffs.

Oh wait... We did. Sorry. Keep beating that drum.

>–––\/–––<
Re-Ville-D

bobcat1
09-30-2014, 11:05 PM
Who is Stephanieville?

db8coach
09-30-2014, 11:22 PM

http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg53/detroit8990/UWM.jpg

Hard to believe that started here: http://www.australiansportsentertainment.com/graphics/dutchmantelwarriorsting.jpg

hollywood
09-30-2014, 11:41 PM
Who is Stephanieville?

Bigger question is who is Salina?

bobcat1
10-01-2014, 06:38 AM
Got him!

hollywood
10-01-2014, 07:59 AM
Got him!

Got him! It's a biggin'!

:wave:

refereedoc
10-01-2014, 09:40 AM
[QUOTE]And before anybody blasts me about me thinking Stephenville is the best, I don't think they are either, they might not even win their district if they can't learn to defend the pass. Their offense may be the best, but their defense is too anemic to carry a #1 team ranking.

I agree. Defense ain't gettin" er done. If the coaches don't change something in the secondary, we will break out the basketball unis earlier than usual. Big Spring should be ranked ahead of us. They are undefeated with a good schedule.

the Ville 89
10-01-2014, 11:28 AM
[QUOTE]And before anybody blasts me about me thinking Stephenville is the best, I don't think they are either, they might not even win their district if they can't learn to defend the pass. Their offense may be the best, but their defense is too anemic to carry a #1 team ranking.

I agree. Defense ain't gettin" er done. If the coaches don't change something in the secondary, we will break out the basketball unis earlier than usual. Big Spring should be ranked ahead of us. They are undefeated with a good schedule.

Cant disagree, the defense needs lots of work and at this time its going to have to come from the coaches to put them in the right postions and be more creative with their schemes, we have to rattle the QB and throw him off. But I would also like to add that anyone associated with Sville football knew going in to the season that the D was going to be down and that the Offense was going to have to carry the load and score 40-50 a game and IMO why not you have one of the best players in the COUNTRY in the QB and his sidekick RB who right now happens to be one of the best players in the state maybe country not many teams can say that if any. So my true concern is the inconsistencies of the O.. how does this Offense go scoreless in a competive game vs Cooper, throw out the high scoring and when the D showed up to play in the all important 4 QTR, the Offense sputtered and managed to score total of 0 points, not to mention the Offensive woes in the Alvarado game... I know we scored 55 but that team should of never of made us punt. So all in all we need to be more consistent as a whole...especially in the 4 QTR.

Caprocker
10-01-2014, 12:21 PM
If not for all the turnovers we gave away last year we would have beat BS in the playoffs.

Oh wait... We did. Sorry. Keep beating that drum.

>–––\/–––<
Re-Ville-D

billboard, pin, thanks.

SouthTexas Lobo
10-01-2014, 12:44 PM
Caprocker, don't get your feelings hurt. The proof is in the pudding as the season rolls along. Big Spring has a good team this year, but time will tell the story

refereedoc
10-01-2014, 01:23 PM
[QUOTE=refereedoc;1827733]

Cant disagree, the defense needs lots of work and at this time its going to have to come from the coaches to put them in the right postions and be more creative with their schemes, we have to rattle the QB and throw him off. But I would also like to add that anyone associated with Sville football knew going in to the season that the D was going to be down and that the Offense was going to have to carry the load and score 40-50 a game and IMO why not you have one of the best players in the COUNTRY in the QB and his sidekick RB who right now happens to be one of the best players in the state maybe country not many teams can say that if any. So my true concern is the inconsistencies of the O.. how does this Offense go scoreless in a competive game vs Cooper, throw out the high scoring and when the D showed up to play in the all important 4 QTR, the Offense sputtered and managed to score total of 0 points, not to mention the Offensive woes in the Alvarado game... I know we scored 55 but that team should of never of made us punt. So all in all we need to be more consistent as a whole...especially in the 4 QTR.

I know we have 2 outstanding players on O, but our offense is much better when we spread the ball around to different personnel.

Ville-D
10-01-2014, 01:24 PM
billboard, pin, thanks.

If your team needs billboard material from idiots on a football forum then you need more help than I realized. Go get some of those Jacket Swarm quotes and maybe you can get them fired up. Good luck with your motivation. Do you do seminars?

the Ville 89
10-01-2014, 02:15 PM
[QUOTE=the Ville 89;1827752]

I know we have 2 outstanding players on O, but our offense is much better when we spread the ball around to different personnel.

Yes I also agree with you, we do have a a great group of WRs and if the ball gets spread around we are very efficient...which is more the reason we should never go scoreless in a QTR or even punt against a much inferior team.

hollywood
10-01-2014, 03:11 PM

:iagree: Need to get Chapman involved more at RB!

hollywood
10-01-2014, 03:13 PM
billboard, pin, thanks.

If your team needs billboard material from idiots on a football forum then you need more help than I realized. Go get some of those Jacket Swarm quotes and maybe you can get them fired up. Good luck with your motivation. Do you do seminars?

:1popcorn:

hollywood
10-01-2014, 03:20 PM

Patience grasshopper. Lets think back to 2012 for a moment. Remember we were thinking the same kind of things. It wasn't until after the Alvarado game, they were much better in 2012, that the team really started to click. Hit the playoffs and the play book was wide open. The offense doesn't show too much until the playoffs, then bam! Maybe someone more involved can elaborate or comment. ;)

Ville-D
10-01-2014, 04:12 PM
Patience grasshopper. Lets think back to 2012 for a moment. Remember we were thinking the same kind of things. It wasn't until after the Alvarado game, they were much better in 2012, that the team really started to click. Hit the playoffs and the play book was wide open. The offense doesn't show too much until the playoffs, then bam! Maybe someone more involved can elaborate or comment. ;)

Also remember how much we opened up the playbook in the playoffs. I remember people complaining about not getting the ball to 88 before the playoffs. Remember that Kennedale game. :speech:

toddg
10-01-2014, 04:17 PM
Yes I also agree with you, we do have a a great group of WRs and if the ball gets spread around we are very efficient...which is more the reason we should never go scoreless in a QTR or even punt against a much inferior team.
i wouldnt say Alvarado was a "much" inferior team...our defense played solid considering we had 4 sophs playing and our best defensive player on the sideline in street clothes going against an elite QB..better worry about the Jacket defense..the Indians racked up 400yds with a soph. QB who is talanted, but still learning..Hollywood mentioned 2012..2012 Jacket defense was much better stem to stern..2012 Indian offense would have kept Stidham and Williams standing on the sideline most of the game last friday...the Jacket DLine is fine, LBs are good, but secondary is weak and doesnt force against the run well either!
the Jackets got some good offenses with experianced QBs coming up in district play..Jackets going to have to score 50+ to win some of those games if their D dont improve..and just a suggestion..hey Stidham! you are as great as advertised for sure..but take a page from TJ and use your slot receiver more and check off better! that is all

Dawgs
10-01-2014, 07:40 PM

Hollywood, how come you can't realize that 2012 was a once in a decade (maybe more) offense and overall team. I don't have a dog in the fight in region1, and unfortunately the Dawgs failed to be a state power this year. I just think it takes away from that awesome team to try to compare teams that are clearly inferior to them. I have no doubt that Ville will be playing football in December and will have a heck of a chance to bring home another title this year, but I have a hard time believing that they will be anything like 2012. All last year and so far this season Ville fans are waiting for the team to live up to that team. I just don't think it will happen anytime soon. But if it does you guys will waltz to another ship just like you did that season. I'm honestly hoping for a Ville Sota state game this year. That will be a heck of a matchup. Anyway carry on, just haven't had a chance to take any jabs at the Jackets this season, we are just worried about getting in the dance over here :helpme:

refereedoc
10-01-2014, 07:55 PM
.and just a suggestion..hey Stidham! you are as great as advertised for sure..but take a page from TJ and use your slot receiver more and check off better! that is all

The slot receiver appreciates your observations and his Grandpaws agree wholeheartedly!:)

hollywood
10-01-2014, 08:55 PM
Hollywood, how come you can't realize that 2012 was a once in a decade (maybe more) offense and overall team. I don't have a dog in the fight in region1, and unfortunately the Dawgs failed to be a state power this year. I just think it takes away from that awesome team to try to compare teams that are clearly inferior to them. I have no doubt that Ville will be playing football in December and will have a heck of a chance to bring home another title this year, but I have a hard time believing that they will be anything like 2012. All last year and so far this season Ville fans are waiting for the team to live up to that team. I just don't think it will happen anytime soon. But if it does you guys will waltz to another ship just like you did that season. I'm honestly hoping for a Ville Sota state game this year. That will be a heck of a matchup. Anyway carry on, just haven't had a chance to take any jabs at the Jackets this season, we are just worried about getting in the dance over here :helpme:

Dawgs, I think some of mine and others postings about the 2012 team's and the 2014 team's comparisons are eluding to the explosiveness of the two. It's not a critism of eithers strengths and weaknesses. Many know and see the potential this years team has. It's every bit as strong as the 2012 team at this point in the season, comparing the two. Like I mentioned in an earlier post, patience. The 2012 team had it's moments of greatness and sputtered at times up to this point. Example: Glen Rose was the first game in district play in 2012. They had chances in that game to really put Stephenville on their heals. And they did. Alvarado did the same the following week. It wasn't until the first game of the playoffs against Cam's ;) Burnet Bulldogs when it started to all come together. Great teams (championship teams) take time to develop and begin to peak at the right time and continue to get stronger throughout the season. The 2012 team did just that. Were they a championship caliber team in weak 6 of the season? No not yet. Is the 2014 team a championship caliber team in week 6 of this season? No, not yet. Bottom line is it's how each of the two teams developed each week to fine tune the strengths, strengthen the weaknesses and minimize the mistakes. Will Stephenville 2014 be another state title team, that's to be determined. But they sure have all the talent and tools to be.

slingshot
10-01-2014, 10:07 PM
...I'm honestly hoping for a Ville Sota state game this year. That will be a heck of a matchup...I thought 'Sota was DII???

Dawgs
10-01-2014, 11:06 PM
Dawgs, I think some of mine and others postings about the 2012 team's and the 2014 team's comparisons are eluding to the explosiveness of the two. It's not a critism of eithers strengths and weaknesses. Many know and see the potential this years team has. It's every bit as strong as the 2012 team at this point in the season, comparing the two. Like I mentioned in an earlier post, patience. The 2012 team had it's moments of greatness and sputtered at times up to this point. Example: Glen Rose was the first game in district play in 2012. They had chances in that game to really put Stephenville on their heals. And they did. Alvarado did the same the following week. It wasn't until the first game of the playoffs against Cam's ;) Burnet Bulldogs when it started to all come together. Great teams (championship teams) take time to develop and begin to peak at the right time and continue to get stronger throughout the season. The 2012 team did just that. Were they a championship caliber team in weak 6 of the season? No not yet. Is the 2014 team a championship caliber team in week 6 of this season? No, not yet. Bottom line is it's how each of the two teams developed each week to fine tune the strengths, strengthen the weaknesses and minimize the mistakes. Will Stephenville 2014 be another state title team, that's to be determined. But they sure have all the talent and tools to be.

Your spot on about teams rounding into championship form during the regular season, and peaking in the playoffs. This is exactly what Carthage has done in all 4. My main point is that each team has to find an identity. All of our Championship teams have been very different. Some explosive offenses. Some shut down defense. Some time of possession offenses with a bend but don't break defense. Ville posters seem to keep wanting a repeat of the 2012 season offensively, that lead to a championship. I'm sure y'all's team this year has a much different makeup that will make repeating the outcome in the same fashion very difficult. It's about teams finding that identity and winning games in the best way suited for that team that year. Trying to live up to previous years teams can be very challenging especially when the benchmark is 2012 Ville. As I said it would be hard for me to believe that any offense of any program in the near future in 4a is going to be that potent.

Smitty
10-02-2014, 10:01 AM
Your spot on about teams rounding into championship form during the regular season, and peaking in the playoffs. This is exactly what Carthage has done in all 4. My main point is that each team has to find an identity. All of our Championship teams have been very different. Some explosive offenses. Some shut down defense. Some time of possession offenses with a bend but don't break defense. Ville posters seem to keep wanting a repeat of the 2012 season offensively, that lead to a championship. I'm sure y'all's team this year has a much different makeup that will make repeating the outcome in the same fashion very difficult. It's about teams finding that identity and winning games in the best way suited for that team that year. Trying to live up to previous years teams can be very challenging especially when the benchmark is 2012 Ville. As I said it would be hard for me to believe that any offense of any program in the near future in 4a is going to be that potent.

Dawgs
I understand the point your making, but this Ville Team does have the ability to be as potent as the 2012 team. They have outstanding hands at all of the receiving positions, the receivers
have the hight and speed on the outside and at tightend. The position receiver has excellent hands and quickness. This team has something the 2012 team did not have and that is an explosive running back that can take it to the house at anytime. The simalarities are uncanny from 2012 to 2014, but the 2014 team IMO has more weapons. Defense is the Elephant in the room, they really need to tighten up the defensive backfield.

Sville
10-02-2014, 11:40 AM
As far as our defense goes, we have to remember that all but 1 of the back 7 are new starters or playing a different position. We are good against the run and have struggled against the pass. But what I see are instances of blown coverage..ie..someone not doing their assignment. It is not like we have inferior athletes that can't do the job. To me that is encouraging b/c that is a very coach-able problem. When we are lined up correctly and play our assignments we play good defense. This is something that will come with experience and coaching. I for one will put our coaching staff up against any in the state. Let's also not forget that the guys on the other sideline are getting paid to do the same thing ours are as well.

Caprocker
10-02-2014, 11:58 AM
As far as our defense goes, we have to remember that all but 1 of the back 7 are new starters or playing a different position. We are good against the run and have struggled against the pass. But what I see are instances of blown coverage..ie..someone not doing their assignment. It is not like we have inferior athletes that can't do the job. To me that is encouraging b/c that is a very coach-able problem. When we are lined up correctly and play our assignments we play good defense. This is something that will come with experience and coaching. I for one will put our coaching staff up against any in the state. Let's also not forget that the guys on the other sideline are getting paid to do the same thing ours are as well.

our steers are in the same predicament

Dawgs
10-02-2014, 03:17 PM
Dawgs
I understand the point your making, but this Ville Team does have the ability to be as potent as the 2012 team. They have outstanding hands at all of the receiving positions, the receivers
have the hight and speed on the outside and at tightend. The position receiver has excellent hands and quickness. This team has something the 2012 team did not have and that is an explosive running back that can take it to the house at anytime. The simalarities are uncanny from 2012 to 2014, but the 2014 team IMO has more weapons. Defense is the Elephant in the room, they really need to tighten up the defensive backfield.

Ok thanks for the feedback. I like it. Good luck to the Ville the rest of the way. One thing is for sure, if they round into an offense that was as good as 2012, I'm sure nobody is beating them this year in the playoffs. Only time will tell!

Ville-D
10-03-2014, 11:46 PM
I thought 'Sota was DII???

nope

Antlers
10-09-2014, 10:43 PM
nope

Where was Tannehilles Hail Mary!!!!

Caprocker
10-10-2014, 11:11 AM
Where was Tannehilles Hail Mary!!!!

it sailed wide right by about 2 inches!

hollywood
10-10-2014, 12:32 PM
it sailed wide right by about 2 inches!

Needs to brush up on his touches. Have him learn how to juggle a soccer ball. He'd make a better soccer player anyway. ;)