PDA

View Full Version : Robinson Rockets vs Athens

FB-fanatic
09-28-2014, 02:27 PM
I haven't been able to find any articles on this game. Rockets were picked to win but took one on the chin. Were LaVonte Owens and Davilla 100%?

Rocket Man
09-28-2014, 06:48 PM
I'll put it this way, one player can't win a game by himself, but one player can lose a game by himself and that's what Davila did. He was awful, 2 int and though I don't know his actual stats, I'd say he had as many, if not more, incompletions as completions. LeVonte had a fumble, but did okay when he got the chance to run the ball. Last thing is that the coach went back to vanilla play calling like he did against y'all and Mexia. The offensive game plan used against Fairfield was a great mix of pass, run, option, and spread and the results speak for themselves.

Athens runs the Slot T and the defense had some problems with it, but if the offense had been on, it wouldn't have mattered.

Shoulda, coulda, woulda............

FB-fanatic
09-28-2014, 07:31 PM
Thanks Rocket for. The update. Tough district schedule coming up. Hope they get it back on track.

varsity parent
09-30-2014, 02:40 PM
I find it a little odd that the Robinson coach sent nothing in to the trib about the game (or their loss of said game) vs Athens. Almost as if "It Never Even Happened". He is usually more than happy it seems to report their victories. The QB isn't having the banner year this season as he did last year. And was very mouthy about his success as well I might add. Karma? Or did coach Allison modify the play book to require a little more thinking? Just wondering. The defense is vastly improved from last year as far as the D-line and linebackers. Secondary is still a little suspect though.

Bosqueville
09-30-2014, 02:56 PM
I find it a little odd that the Robinson coach sent nothing in to the trib about the game (or their loss of said game) vs Athens. Almost as if "It Never Even Happened". He is usually more than happy it seems to report their victories. The QB isn't having the banner year this season as he did last year. And was very mouthy about his success as well I might add. Karma? Or did coach Allison modify the play book to require a little more thinking? Just wondering. The defense is vastly improved from last year as far as the D-line and linebackers. Secondary is still a little suspect though.

:1popcorn:

Rabid Cougar
09-30-2014, 03:14 PM

:redX: