PDA

View Full Version : Region 4 Week 6 GOTW: La Vernia vs Navarro

LV_Bearfan
09-27-2014, 11:04 PM
Thoughts? Bears looked like a team that's back on track. I think they'll be awfully hard to beat this week, but Navarro has beaten everyone they've faced.

YTBulldogs
09-28-2014, 12:35 AM
Damn, gotta be the toughest ND schedule in state LV plays. Thank goodness district is near, huh? Navarro can be a hard one. That "O", if successful, hard one to contain. They are good at it.

bag-o-chips
09-28-2014, 07:15 AM
Should be a great game. Navarro was sloppy in the rain last friday night. Very young this year and have 5 sophs on def and 1 fr playing.LB's all go downhill. Looking forward to a good one that is injury free!

Pudlugger
09-28-2014, 07:22 AM
The Bears win by 14. Too big and too physical for Navarro.

Snotbubbles
09-28-2014, 09:30 AM
Kinda like this past Friday. Take some time to get this hurky jerky, tuck the ball under your shirt style offense figured out. I can see once again down at half. Then, lights out in second half, LV wins 58-28.

Sweetwater Red
09-28-2014, 11:16 AM
I was gonna add what prep's spread was but you've already nailed it Pudlugger. They too have La Vernia by 14.

HCKnight24
09-29-2014, 09:50 AM
La Vernia rolls in this one! Coming off a huge win against Sinton 40-20!! La Vernia plays on another level when at Bear Stadium! La Vernia 49-21.

GobblersUnite
09-30-2014, 01:59 PM
Bears will wear down Geronimo and win by 27.

region4fan
09-30-2014, 02:13 PM
This ought to be a good one. Bears by 17

Corn Cob
10-02-2014, 06:12 PM
Bears win easily. Navarro hasn't played anybody decent so far this year.

bag-o-chips
10-03-2014, 01:52 PM
Preview

Geronimo Navarro (5-0) at La Vernia (3-1)

Here at DCTF, we like to spread the love and talk about different teams from different parts of the state. But here we are finding ourselves talking about La Vernia… again. But that’s what happens when you play one of the toughest schedules in the state. And the Bears face another formidable opponent this week in undefeated and newly ranked Geronimo Navarro. La Vernia has been as solid as they come defensively. But defensive end Noah McMeans and company will have to control the line of scrimmage against a potent Geronimo Navarro rushing attack. The Panthers average about one pass per game — literally — so expect them to keep it on the ground with running backs Anthony Grant and Jared Leal. This should be a hard hitting, low scoring game that will leave everyone sore on Saturday morning.

EJ’s pick: La Vernia 20, Geronimo Navarro 13

Snotbubbles
10-03-2014, 02:07 PM
If Gonsalez can put almost 30 on Navarro in Geronimo, I don't see anyway Navarro can prevent fifty+ getting placed on the board by the Bears.

50 something to 14.

LV_Bearfan
10-03-2014, 03:01 PM
The Bears looked like they hit their offensive stride late against Sinton and showed what they are capable of doing.
If they carry that over.......and I think they will...... they should be a different team from here on out.
I am excited about what this team could be by November/December.

bag-o-chips
10-03-2014, 08:42 PM
Bears are big and good no doubt. 21 to 6 at half. Navarro has had two poss. Start on the 2 and one on the 9. LV first td came after a botched fake punt and 27 yd drive. Second bear td on a 4th and 17 pass t o the back of the endzone. Navarro scored on a 65 yd run. LV ran the Ko back 85 yds for a td. Field possession has been big in favor of LV

bag-o-chips
10-03-2014, 09:58 PM
40 to 18 final. Really great game. Navarro's youth showed but they will be fine in district. Congrats to lavernia and good luck the rest of the year.

Pudlugger
10-04-2014, 10:54 AM
40 to 18 final. Really great game. Navarro's youth showed but they will be fine in district. Congrats to lavernia and good luck the rest of the year.

Another impressive win against a strong opponent further proof of LV's creds as a legitimate contender. Congratulations on the big win and good luck going forward in district play.

LV_Bearfan
10-04-2014, 11:08 AM
Another impressive win against a strong opponent further proof of LV's creds as a legitimate contender. Congratulations on the big win and good luck going forward in district play.

Thanks Pud. Congrats to those Leps. Very impressive, dominating performance.

Snotbubbles
10-04-2014, 11:15 AM
Another one pretty easy to predict. Glad the toughest ND schedule in the state is behind us. Now, to get some more younger kids into game action, and start preparing for the second season, playoffs. Granted, our district is pretty weak. Glad we had this ND schedule. Then, we want some of that North and East Texas stuff. Our brand of players are pretty good too. Not the fastest, strongest, biggest, or D1 caliber guys---but, get's it done in the end, as a TEAM.

bag-o-chips
10-04-2014, 11:43 AM
Funny that the post before the game ran the gamut of Navarro will get 50 hung on them and they have not played anybody to talking about a great win over a strong foe? Funny stuff watching the usual posters on here!!

LV_Bearfan
10-04-2014, 12:16 PM
Funny that the post before the game ran the gamut of Navarro will get 50 hung on them and they have not played anybody to talking about a great win over a strong foe? Funny stuff watching the usual posters on here!!

Bago, things played out almost exactly as most predicted. Folks are being kind and acknowledging your team as a quality opponent.

Snotbubbles
10-04-2014, 03:31 PM
Funny that the post before the game ran the gamut of Navarro will get 50 hung on them

BOC, 51-14, or 40-18 is the same in my book in regards to a team controlling a game.

Corn Cob
10-04-2014, 05:21 PM
Bears win easily. Navarro hasn't played anybody decent so far this year.
Chips, I stand by my quote. Bears did win easily, and Navarro hadn't played anybody until they played da Bears Friday night.