PDA

View Full Version : Gilmer Buckeyes

orange machine
09-27-2014, 10:49 PM
Are the best team in 4a that is all!

Snotbubbles
09-27-2014, 11:01 PM
Are the best team in 4a that is all!

Easy there Cowboy. Remember, it was Carthage after all.

lostaussie
09-27-2014, 11:05 PM
Maybe.......but we have some chinks in our armour.

Pudlugger
09-27-2014, 11:08 PM
When does Gilmer play a top 10 team?

movethechain
09-27-2014, 11:55 PM
Our schedule sure looked decent at the start of the year, but now, not so much. Looks like top 10 teams will have to wait until the playoffs now.

buckeyebob
09-28-2014, 12:00 AM
Tatum last week...Top 10 now, 3rd round (Gladewater)

We start District after bye next week:
Melissa
Canton
Bullard
Nevada
Emory Rains
1st Round vs Dist 6 4th place

Aggie98
09-28-2014, 12:16 AM
Right now, I'd say that WOS or Gladewater has the best shot at beating them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

movethechain
09-28-2014, 12:18 AM
Right now, I'd say that WOS or Gladewater has the best shot at beating them.

Need to add Tatum to the list. They are still finding their identity, but they are loaded with latent. They did push Gilmer hard and a rematch would be a game not to be missed.

Aesculus gilmus
09-28-2014, 12:30 AM
No one here ever mentions undefeated Atlanta because no one from Atlanta is on here.

I wouldn't be surprised if Gilmer were to face Atlanta in the third round rather than Gladewater or even the fourth round if Atlanta wins that district, which is possible.

Snotbubbles
09-28-2014, 12:32 AM
chinks in our armour.

That's Obama's fault due to not controlling the border. Are they the Buckeyes kickers?

movethechain
09-28-2014, 12:38 AM
No one here ever mentions undefeated Atlanta because no one from Atlanta is on here.

I wouldn't be surprised if Gilmer were to face Atlanta in the third round rather than Gladewater or even the fourth round if Atlanta wins that district, which is possible.

You are right, they are flying under the radar mostly, unless folks start to discuss that district with Tatum and Gladewater specifically.

Aggie98
09-28-2014, 12:58 AM

We scrimmaged Atlanta..... they were good. Really good QB, solid O-line... Fast, aggressive defense. Skill players were good, but not great.

I was more impressed with Gladewater. Never seen Tatum play.

movethechain
09-28-2014, 01:18 AM
I was more impressed with Gladewater. Never seen Tatum play.

Tatum plays Gladewater in 2 weeks. That should be a good game. Tatum will be out to prove that they belong in discussions about elite teams and Gladewater will be out to show the new kids from Tatum how it's done.

Aguilafanatico
09-28-2014, 01:23 AM
are the best team in 4a that is all!

4a d2

movethechain
09-28-2014, 01:34 AM
4a d2

We just clobbered the defending 4a d1 champs. :wave:

Aguilafanatico
09-28-2014, 01:41 AM
We just clobbered the defending 4a d1 champs. :wave:

Enjoy your September championship. :cheerl:

regaleagle
09-28-2014, 02:14 AM
Different year....different team. True with every single team out there. Comparisons don't mean much....except it makes for some interesting conjecture. That's why I always preface what I write with "I reckon"......that's conjecture. So I reckon Gilmer might be one of the best teams in 4A this season, regardless of division. How's that sound?

WOS87
09-28-2014, 03:24 AM
:wave:

Looking forward to the rematch... IF you get by Gladewater or Tatum or Celina or an upstart that upsets you.....

WOS87
09-28-2014, 03:30 AM
When does Gilmer play a top 10 team?

When does Gilmer play a Top 10 5A team with 1957 enrollment?

buckeyebob
09-28-2014, 07:05 AM
Easy there Cowboy. Remember, it was Carthage after all.

Defending State Champion (4 SC's in last 6 years) & always a power house

Pudlugger
09-28-2014, 07:25 AM

More like "windpower house" and it ain't blowing right now.

BB BULLS
09-28-2014, 07:35 AM
I have only been on here for a few years. I could be wrong here but is it Gilmer that's for the last few years say they are the best then lose come playoff time? like I said earlier I could be mistaken.

Aesculus gilmus
09-28-2014, 08:15 AM
Gilmer has some very confident and very vocal fans who say that every year. To some extent, it's a mindset of the program. Why settle for anything less as your goal?

I would say the only team since the 2009 champs that I thought would win state was last year's team. When the starting QB was injured halfway through the season in 2011, I stopped thinking that team would win state. The 2010 team had NO chance - ever - and anyone in their right mind would've admitted that. The 2012 team overachieved and made it to state, but I didn't think that team would be able to handle Navasota and I was right in thinking that.

waterboy
09-28-2014, 08:21 AM
Good grief! It's way too early to say who the best team(s) are. That will decided in the playoffs. I'm looking at WO-S, LaGrange, Gladewater, Tatum, Atlanta, and others, and there's absolutely no way to tell at this point. Yes, the Buckeyes are very good, but they have a whole lot of room for improvement, and I think they'll have to improve quite a bit to get where they want to be.

bansheefan03
09-28-2014, 08:29 AM
Not best team in 4a not even sure 4a div2 they will run across a big physical team that makes them sustain long drives and and runs it down there throat that is there Achilles heal always has been just like Oregon

bansheefan03
09-28-2014, 08:34 AM
Don't be so cocky in saying y'all dominated the defending state champs though cause cause there were only two kids playing last night that were on that team and unfortunately we just flat out suck this year I hate to say it but we will struggle to even make the playoffs

buckeyebob
09-28-2014, 09:22 AM
I have only been on here for a few years. I could be wrong here but is it Gilmer that's for the last few years say they are the best then lose come playoff time? like I said earlier I could be mistaken.

Nope...that would be Brownwood...regulars don't say we are the best; however, we were in 2004 & 2009.

Snotbubbles
09-28-2014, 09:23 AM

Yeah, but proclaiming to be the best in all of 4A is kinda stretching it at this point IMO. Maybe not? I will always respect past, and Gilmer has earned that respect. Great history. But---there are some mighty 4A, D1 and D2 teams floating around. We both have weak district schedules upcoming. Why I think LaVernia made sure to get tested week in and week out in ND, to see how we match up. This district is a joke we are about to embark in. Least we should be able to play all, in prep's for the playoff run.

lostaussie
09-28-2014, 09:33 AM
Yeah, but proclaiming to be the best in all of 4A is kinda stretching it at this point IMO. Maybe not? I will always respect past, and Gilmer has earned that respect. Great history. But---there are some mighty 4A, D1 and D2 teams floating around. We both have weak district schedules upcoming. Why I think LaVernia made sure to get tested week in and week out in ND, to see how we match up. This district is a joke we are about to embark in. Least we should be able to play all, in prep's for the playoff run.y'all do realize someone from Celina started this thread:doh:

buckeyebob
09-28-2014, 09:36 AM
Don't be so cocky in saying y'all dominated the defending state champs though cause cause there were only two kids playing last night that were on that team and unfortunately we just flat out suck this year I hate to say it but we will struggle to even make the playoffs

Dang! Looks as if somebody hit a nerve...FYI...Carthrage Bulldogs are the defending State Champions during the 2014 Season...the Gilmer Buckeyes dominated last night...therefore, "saying y'all dominated the defending state champs" makes us cocky?...Grasshopper, cocky it ain't...hubristic maybe...cocky is reminding that in the 1st quarter of play, the Bux ran one (1) offensive play & possessed the ball for twenty-three (23) seconds total...score Buckeyes 27 - Carthrage 0...perhaps we should say that Carthrage was just inpotent

Dawgs
09-28-2014, 09:53 AM
y'all do realize someone from Celina started this thread:doh:
+1000

cowboyandchrist
09-28-2014, 10:11 AM
Good grief! It's way too early to say who the best team(s) are. That will decided in the playoffs. I'm looking at WO-S, LaGrange, Gladewater, Tatum, Atlanta, and others, and there's absolutely no way to tell at this point. Yes, the Buckeyes are very good, but they have a whole lot of room for improvement, and I think they'll have to improve quite a bit to get where they want to be.

Gladewater has proven they can play with anybody, Atlanta we have no idea how good they are, and Tatum had a let down against C Hill. All three have a chance to go far in the playoffs, Gilmer is with no doubt the best from East Texas. Even if the defense can't slow down a big powerful running team, they don't have too. They will score on anybody and score a bunch. In an interview after the Gilmer game with Tatum, coach Evans said he thought this was the best Gilmer team he has played. Will they win it all, time will tell. Tatum, Gladewater and Atlanta will dang sure be battled tested by the time the playoffs roll around. Right now you have to say in DII it would be Gilmer and WOS as the favorites with Tatum, Gladewater, Atlanta and a host of others from around the state with a chance.

orange machine
09-28-2014, 12:11 PM
Man I didn't expect all this banter but it's good stuff carry on!

Dawgs
09-28-2014, 12:11 PM
Dang! Looks as if somebody hit a nerve...FYI...Carthrage Bulldogs are the defending State Champions during the 2014 Season...the Gilmer Buckeyes dominated last night...therefore, "saying y'all dominated the defending state champs" makes us cocky?...Grasshopper, cocky it ain't...hubristic maybe...cocky is reminding that in the 1st quarter of play, the Bux ran one (1) offensive play & possessed the ball for twenty-three (23) seconds total...score Buckeyes 27 - Carthrage 0...perhaps we should say that Carthrage was just inpotent

Now Bob we handed you guys 21 points on a silver platter. I will say Gilmer knows how to capitalize when given the opportunity. Gilmer has every reason to be cocky this season. They are good this season. I'm sad that I didn't get to see how good they were cause they didn't need to show much against the Pups. After it's 27-0 after the first it's just human nature to let off the gas a little. They have as much speed as any team I have ever seen. And they have the scheme to get the most out of it. Defense is small, but is fast and seems opportunistic. I will give some criticism. They are still small up front, and can be pushed around. If defenses are able to be quick to the edges they can be beat. You have to wrap those boys up! If not they will take it to the house if they get into the second level. Again I wasn't impressed with the QB at all, but like I said he didn't need to show much. I think in Gilmers scheme that Lynch would be far more dangerous. I'm not sure how much better Gilmer is this year than last. If you take Carthage, Kilgore, or Argyle from last year, Gilmer would have a hard chance of winning. I don't know if there are any teams in the state, especially in DII that have the makeup of the 3 teams I named. Gilmer just reminded me a lot of last years team when I saw them last night. If Gilmer was in D1 I would say they would be there at the end, but would not be the favorite. I don't know enough about DII, but I would say WOS and GW will be there toughest test. Just don't know if anybody can keep up with them scoring. That's the problem. Kinda like Ville 2012. Defense is suspect, but the offense is so good it doesn't matter. Only time will tell.

Pudlugger
09-28-2014, 12:53 PM
Way too early for this sort of prognostication silliness.

lostaussie
09-28-2014, 03:34 PM
Man I didn't expect all this banter but it's good stuff carry on!you started all this crap:D

lostaussie
09-28-2014, 03:38 PM
Nobody but me has there eye on LaGrange. WOS should. Ole 87 thinks they have a cakewalk to the finals. He won't come out and say it.......but he insinuates it a bunch.

buckeyebob
09-28-2014, 04:59 PM
Now Bob we handed you guys 21 points on a silver platter. I will say Gilmer knows how to capitalize when given the opportunity. Gilmer has every reason to be cocky this season. They are good this season. I'm sad that I didn't get to see how good they were cause they didn't need to show much against the Pups. After it's 27-0 after the first it's just human nature to let off the gas a little. They have as much speed as any team I have ever seen. And they have the scheme to get the most out of it. Defense is small, but is fast and seems opportunistic. I will give some criticism. They are still small up front, and can be pushed around. If defenses are able to be quick to the edges they can be beat. You have to wrap those boys up! If not they will take it to the house if they get into the second level. Again I wasn't impressed with the QB at all, but like I said he didn't need to show much. I think in Gilmers scheme that Lynch would be far more dangerous. I'm not sure how much better Gilmer is this year than last. If you take Carthage, Kilgore, or Argyle from last year, Gilmer would have a hard chance of winning. I don't know if there are any teams in the state, especially in DII that have the makeup of the 3 teams I named. Gilmer just reminded me a lot of last years team when I saw them last night. If Gilmer was in D1 I would say they would be there at the end, but would not be the favorite. I don't know enough about DII, but I would say WOS and GW will be there toughest test. Just don't know if anybody can keep up with them scoring. That's the problem. Kinda like Ville 2012. Defense is suspect, but the offense is so good it doesn't matter. Only time will tell.

You make the best with what you got & do the best you can.

lostaussie
09-28-2014, 06:50 PM
Gladewater has proven they can play with anybodyreally........have they??