PDA

View Full Version : Giddings Buffaloes (4-1) @ Cuero Fightin' Gobblers (4-1)

GobblersUnite
09-27-2014, 09:54 PM
This will worth the drive and price of admission. It will be homecoming for the Gobblers and the last tune up before district play.

YTBulldogs
09-27-2014, 10:00 PM
How about making a poll for this bad boy?

44INAROW
09-27-2014, 11:17 PM
How about making a poll for this bad boy?

I tried to add a poll but can't figure out how to do it from my IPad. 😪

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

buff4ever
09-28-2014, 12:25 AM
We will see if giddings can hold that be back to a manageable limit.

the genious
09-28-2014, 01:28 AM
As long as #20 plays Cuero will win this game! Their defense is fast and when #20 plays RB it seems like it gives them a sense of confidence that makes them fly around! I watched both teams play Columbus and the 2nd half cuero team against Columbus wins a lot of games

Pudlugger
09-28-2014, 07:05 AM
We will see if giddings can hold that be back to a manageable limit.

Is that "be back" as in "I'll be back" as in the movie? :D

Great nickname for Hopkins"Terminator".

buff4ever
09-28-2014, 07:55 AM
Sorry that would be big back, my phone did me wrong.

I wonder if it is suppose to be intimidating that the title of this thread is just giddings vs the town of cuero and the fighting gobblers in lieu of just the gobblers. Or is it that we are trying to toughen up a gobbler mascot by saying it fights. Or did we not know how to spell the plural version of buffalo.

I don't know, but I can verify that I could have bow shot a gobbler this morning and it had no fight in it that I could tell.

Pudlugger
09-28-2014, 08:49 AM
Sorry that would be big back, my phone did me wrong.

I wonder if it is suppose to be intimidating that the title of this thread is just giddings vs the town of cuero and the fighting gobblers in lieu of just the gobblers. Or is it that we are trying to toughen up a gobbler mascot by saying it fights. Or did we not know how to spell the plural version of buffalo.

I don't know, but I can verify that I could have bow shot a gobbler this morning and it had no fight in it that I could tell.

:spitlol::1popcorn:

gobbla4life
09-28-2014, 12:32 PM
Hey buff , it was prolly polled like that unintentionally! We have great respect for Giddings , they always play us tough and have some tremendous athletes as well. Should be a great game. Both teams have played a stellar nondistrict, and each will be plenty prepared to start a district and playoff drive. Good luck to both , and please no more injuries ( for either team).

SintonFan_inAustin
09-28-2014, 03:23 PM
Cuero by 10

Dawgfan64
09-28-2014, 07:17 PM
This game should go to the 4th Q to be decided...really surprised that Columbus stuck with Cuero so long. Did they over look them thinking about Giddings or arch-rival Yoakum...who knows. I have to agree that this one should be worth the price of admission

Pudlugger
09-28-2014, 09:05 PM
Columbus has a very good defense. Their offense is pretty much dependent on the run though and they lack speed. They are big and well coached. I was not surprised by the score and would not have been if they had won.

iFootball
09-29-2014, 12:52 AM
It was a tale of two Gobbler teams. Unfortunately the gobblers offense relies heavily on Hopkins and that was evident in this game. First half he did not play and Columbus was up 20-07 at halftime. When he came in second half the score was 21-00 Cuero with Cuero winning 28-20. When he plays the team clicks. They seemed lost the first half offensively and defensely they looked bad. Hopefully his brother comes back from injury soon.

Mr. Football
09-29-2014, 08:32 AM
This will be a great game between two great teams I'm sad I will miss it. Cuero will have a tough time with Giddings but will pull it out in the end I say Cuero wins by 7.

Snotbubbles
09-29-2014, 08:36 AM
First half he did not play

Why didn't DH play in first half?

bd62
09-29-2014, 10:33 AM
Minor injury. Trying to get him full strength before dist.

Snotbubbles
09-29-2014, 10:40 AM
Minor injury. Trying to get him full strength before dist.

Why play him at all in a meaningless game then?:vrycnfsd:

BB BULLS
09-29-2014, 01:31 PM
this one will come down to who ever makes the least mistakes. gonna take Giddings in a close one

iFootball
09-29-2014, 04:18 PM
Why didn't DH play in first half?

His dad sat him out for discipline issues. I went to school with his parents and they are raising him right. We all know how Trent Jackson ended up.

Mr. Football
09-30-2014, 07:37 AM
His dad sat him out for discipline issues. I went to school with his parents and they are raising him right. We all know how Trent Jackson ended up.

Thank goodness he is. That was sad how Trent ended up.

Snotbubbles
09-30-2014, 08:21 AM

TJ saga was sad. Must be in the water in Cuero, and only effects top notch running backs. I recall Strait (maybe best back I ever seen in HS. Right there with the Tyler Rose) had some issues too, when the sky was the limit, set many HS records. Then, rock bottom. He did falter however, once at Baylor and not in HS as I recall. Glad DH's father is stepping in and being a role model. That's who the kid's should be looking up to after all.

Did his father play?

I was just remarking originally cause bd stated, D' didn't play first half, cause a minor injury. Didn't make sense. Like he healed up during the first half. iFootball reasoning makes sense. Hat's off to Mr. Hopkins. Best wishes to the Gob's.

YTBulldogs
09-30-2014, 08:38 AM
:clap: Mr. Hopkins. Need more of that today.

buff4ever
09-30-2014, 08:40 AM
Very respectable, and great for the kid. To the credit of the kid and dad, I have only heard how good of a kid and family they are. So I take from this that the kid prolly didn't do anything too bad, but paid for it to make sure he never does.

GobblersUnite
09-30-2014, 10:35 AM
Very respectable, and great for the kid. To the credit of the kid and dad, I have only heard how good of a kid and family they are. So I take from this that the kid prolly didn't do anything too bad, but paid for it to make sure he never does.

I was told that his grades weren't up to his Dad's standards and led his Dad to believe that they were...so there you have it. I would have done the same thing. Great job.

gobbla4life
09-30-2014, 12:30 PM
Yea his dad Robert was a really good wide receiver back in the early 90's , as where his uncles! They come from a blue collar hard working family .

region4fan
09-30-2014, 02:07 PM
I'll take the Gobblers here by 7

buff4ever
10-01-2014, 04:55 PM
Giddings by 4

44INAROW
10-03-2014, 08:43 PM
41-10 Gobblers @ half. I'm listening on Cuero radio via Ustream. Sounds like a track meet.

Blue42
10-03-2014, 08:56 PM
Cuero back to full with return of players and a kicker will be hard to beat with this bunch.

44INAROW
10-03-2014, 10:42 PM
Gobblers 62-31 over Giddings. Cuero 402 yards rushing and 167 yards passing
Giddings Had I think 252 total yards but don't quote me on that.
D'Anthony Hopkins had 271 yards rushing with 5 touchdowns.

Now to prepare for the 106th meeting of the Cuero Gobblers and the Yoakum Bulldogs.

Pudlugger
10-04-2014, 12:00 AM
Gobblers 62-31 over Giddings. Cuero 402 yards rushing and 167 yards passing
Giddings Had I think 252 total yards but don't quote me on that.
D'Anthony Hopkins had 271 yards rushing with 5 touchdowns.

Now to prepare for the 106th meeting of the Cuero Gobblers and the Yoakum Bulldogs.

Very impressive win for the Gobblers. Yall should have no problems with Yoakum especially after we softened them up for ya. Congratulations.

Blue42
10-04-2014, 01:24 AM
It would not matter if Yoakum showed up with half the team in weel chairs it will be a war it always is .

Blue42
10-04-2014, 01:39 AM
Very impressive win for the Gobblers. Yall should have no problems with Yoakum especially after we softened them up for ya. Congratulations.

Its like when yall played Giddings in baseball you know you have the team to beat them but they have some kind of witchcraft.

Pudlugger
10-04-2014, 09:25 AM
Its like when yall played Giddings in baseball you know you have the team to beat them but they have some kind of witchcraft.

So true Blue 42. It is always a hard fought game when we play Giddings. The Buffs and Caldwell are the two teams left on our schedule that will give the Leps a tough fight. Smithville next week at home and finish away Oct 31 in Salado. We have our bye week before the playoffs Nov 7.

As for Cuero playing Yoakum if yall have the speed on defense to contain the corners against Hites and the front 4 able to get into the backfield yall will roll. Our defense had Hites running around back there for his life last night forcing a couple of interceptions and several throwaways. He is fast and elusive so the pass rushers need to set up a trap zone around him rather than go for the kill directly. He got loose for several good gainers simply by putting some wicked moves on our guys deep in the backfield until they figured this out. Yoakum's fullback #33 is a tough hombre capable of breaking tackles up the middle. He put the wood to one of our guys downfield launching him a$$ over teakettle! Good luck in district. Maybe we'll meet up latter in the season if all goes well.

YTBulldogs
10-04-2014, 10:52 AM
Yall should have no problems with Yoakum especially after we softened them up for ya. Congratulations.

Easy there Pud. Make no bones about it, LG is for real. But, I will not under estimate the Dogs here. Just for this dumbass statement and the cockiness, I have to pull against whomever Pud supports. And, I know the true Cuero backers/team, will not under estimate. Could result in a L. It's a nice, respectful rivalry, and a major opener in D15.

Great win Cuero.

Pudlugger
10-04-2014, 11:15 AM
Easy there Pud. Make no bones about it, LG is for real. But, I will not under estimate the Dogs here. Just for this dumbass statement and the cockiness, I have to pull against whomever Pud supports. And, I know the true Cuero backers/team, will not under estimate. Could result in a L. It's a nice, respectful rivalry, and a major opener in D15.

Great win Cuero.

Sorry YT just kinda got carried away there i guess. I realize in this game Cuero and Yoakum both throw the record out the window for a good old fashioned Hatfield and McCoy feud match. Good luck and may the best team win.