PDA

View Full Version : La Grange @ Yoakum

Pudlugger
09-26-2014, 11:38 PM
The Leopards (5-0) travel down Hwy 77 to play the Bulldogs (4-1). Yoakum has an explosive offense with Tre'Vontae Hites in the backfield and has been putting up some big points. La grange has some explosiveness as well in #22 Dobbins and #5 Hutchison so this game has all the necessary ingredients to be a high scoring barn burner. I think the Lep D will be too tough for the Bulldogs and the Leps get the win 49-28.

bd62
09-26-2014, 11:54 PM
I agreed with Pud .LG is very very good .Too many non dist games. Both teams not going to show
much with dist starting the next week. Yoakum starts with a tough Cuero team.

PappaFeelGood
09-27-2014, 08:42 AM
I agreed with Pud .LG is very very good .Too many non dist games. Both teams not going to show
much with dist starting the next week. Yoakum starts with a tough Cuero team.

Watch out BD when you agree with Pud you get accused of being "PUDLIKE", right Buffy. Lol. However agreeing with Pud is a good thing. The LEPS don't have anywhere or anything to hide, besides where would you hide a two headed monster. THE LEPS continue their winning ways. LEPS 35 Dogs 13.

Pudlugger
09-27-2014, 09:04 AM
Watch out BD when you agree with Pud you get accused of being "PUDLIKE", right Buffy. Lol. However agreeing with Pud is a good thing. The LEPS don't have anywhere or anything to hide, besides where would you hide a two headed monster. THE LEPS continue their winning ways. LEPS 35 Dogs 13.

I don't think many teams can defense against the dynamic duo of Hutchison and Dobbins. Whether Dobbins is at Qb or slot back in motion the defense must key on him leaving Hutchison to work his magic either off tackle or around the corners. The Bulldogs will have more speed overall than the Leps have faced thus far and that will require some adjustments. Kates will continue to open new pages in the playbook so expect to see a few new wrinkles in our offense. This will be an exciting offensive struggle but in the end the Leps will wear them down. The game will not be decided until the middle of the 3rd quarter imo. The lead will shift back and forth until the Leps take control and put the game away in the second half.

YTBulldogs
09-27-2014, 09:40 AM
We usually play LG close. I do see numerous "key" starters out by half for both clubs. Nice measuring stick to see how the teams depth has been built going into district play.

buff4ever
09-27-2014, 09:51 AM

Did you not read my definition of pudlike? I am starting to question your intelligence. I agree with pud a lot, but not on speaking to team through the downlow.

Leps win.

Pudlugger
09-27-2014, 09:56 AM
We usually play LG close. I do see numerous "key" starters out by half for both clubs. Nice measuring stick to see how the teams depth has been built going into district play.

YT are you saying the Bulldogs will not put out 100% to win this game? I can say with confidence that the Leps will not hold back on their talent until the win is secured. In the 5 games so far the subs have gone in when the Leps were up by 24 or more in the 4th quarter. They do have depth at several positions and sub liberally throughout to give the players who go both ways some rest but they do not put in the whole second or third squads until the game is in the bag. Expect to see a lot of Dobbins, Hutchison. Rigden, Worsham and others Friday night.

YTBulldogs
09-27-2014, 10:15 AM
YT are you saying the Bulldogs will not put out 100% to win this game? I can say with confidence that the Leps will not hold back on their talent until the win is secured. In the 5 games so far the subs have gone in when the Leps were up by 24 or more in the 4th quarter. They do have depth at several positions and sub liberally throughout to give the players who go both ways some rest but they do not put in the whole second or third squads until the game is in the bag. Expect to see a lot of Dobbins, Hutchison. Rigden, Worsham and others Friday night.

No, I said I would not be surprised if they (both teams) pulled them early. The important games start the following week. Wish we played ya'll week 2. Why risk a injury, the last non-district game, when both teams have already determined what they got heading into district. I just don't see playing the #1's, more than a half, meaningful. That's my take ONLY, and I'm sure it's not the coaches. They wanna win if it's marbles. :)

tango
09-27-2014, 10:18 AM
Having not seen either in person I look at past opponents these two have faced and have to go with LG in this one.

YTBulldogs
09-27-2014, 10:21 AM
Having not seen either in person I look at past opponents these two have faced and have to go with LG in this one.

I agree, LG has played some biggies.

region4fan
09-27-2014, 11:03 AM
I would play full throttle and take the momentum into district. This will be a good measuring stick for the Bulldogs finally facing a 4a contender.

region4fan
09-27-2014, 11:04 AM
How can I vote the poll? Do I have to have a certain amount of posts?

Pudlugger
09-27-2014, 11:15 AM
I agree, LG has played some biggies.

Yoakum has played 4 3a teams and one 4a DI team with a combined 5-20 win/loss record and is 4-1. Toughest opponent was a loss to 3a East Bernard 7-27.
La Grange has played 4 4a DI teams and one 4a DII with a combined record of 11-13 and is 5-0. Their toughest opponent was a win against 4a DI La Vernia 34-22.

Yoakum is a quality football team but they will be tested this Friday night against the Leopards.

regaleagle
09-27-2014, 01:11 PM
I would think this game should be considered a GOTW for WEEK 6 with many teams on their bye week. I wouldn't be surprised to see this game being decided late in the 4th. Judging only by opponents, LG has definitely had the tougher schedule, but Yoakum has won most of its games going away. The boyz play the schedule that is before them. Hights may be the great equalizer here for the Bulldogs. I don't know if LG has run into a team with a player like him yet. Obviously, LG is on a mission this season to finish what was an outstanding season last year. It will be up to the Yoakum coaches to figure out a way to stop them. I will be very interested in this game this week....Argyle's bye week. I will abstain from voting just yet until later in the week when I've learned more about both teams.

YTBulldogs
09-27-2014, 02:16 PM
I would think this game should be considered a GOTW for WEEK 6 with many teams on their bye week. I wouldn't be surprised to see this game being decided late in the 4th. Judging only by opponents, LG has definitely had the tougher schedule, but Yoakum has won most of its games going away. The boyz play the schedule that is before them. Hights may be the great equalizer here for the Bulldogs. I don't know if LG has run into a team with a player like him yet. Obviously, LG is on a mission this season to finish what was an outstanding season last year. It will be up to the Yoakum coaches to figure out a way to stop them. I will be very interested in this game this week....Argyle's bye week. I will abstain from voting just yet until later in the week when I've learned more about both teams.

No, next week will be the GOTW we want. It's Cuero.

YTBulldogs
09-27-2014, 02:18 PM
Yoakum has played 4 3a teams and one 4a DI team with a combined 5-20 win/loss record and is 4-1. Toughest opponent was a loss to 3a East Bernard 7-27.
La Grange has played 4 4a DI teams and one 4a DII with a combined record of 11-13 and is 5-0. Their toughest opponent was a win against 4a DI La Vernia 34-22.

Yoakum is a quality football team but they will be tested this Friday night against the Leopards.

Ya'll have played some dominate opponents Pud. Best LG team I've seen. Your blowout might be right.

YTBulldogs
09-27-2014, 02:20 PM
How can I vote the poll? Do I have to have a certain amount of posts?

yes, 100.

Pudlugger
09-27-2014, 04:35 PM
Ya'll have played some dominate opponents Pud. Best LG team I've seen. Your blowout might be right.
YT have you seen us play? Did you attend one of the Leps games or see video on Hudl? Do you think this year's team is better than 2013? I am undecided on that just yet. That 2013 team had a great O line equal to or better than the 2000-2001 teams imo. Our O line is somewhat smaller now by about 15-20 lbs across the board but they have been doing a terrific job so far and will only get better. Ellison, Gage, Martinek, Weishuhn and Hardin look like they have spent some time in the weight room this past year all more stout than last year. Our defense seems to be as good as last year although they are somewhat smaller but faster and swarm to the ball. OLB #30 Worsham has been a beast on defense really putting the wood on ballcarriers. Last year we lost to Carthage primarily on a weakness in our secondary which they exploited with their fine Qb and two very tall and athletic wrs. This year we are more solid in the secondary. Dobbins as a freshman was only 5'5" but he has grown 3 or 4 inches taller this year and seems taller each week lol. He has been as amazing on defense as on offense. Hutchison is one of the best safeties i have seen in a Leopard uniform and has been recruited heavily by D1 schools. Rigden and Neiser have decent speed and athleticism to cover the taller receivers well.

YTBulldogs
09-27-2014, 05:05 PM
YT have you seen us play? Did you attend one of the Leps games or see video on Hudl? Do you think this year's team is better than 2013? I am undecided on that just yet. That 2013 team had a great O line equal to or better than the 2000-2001 teams imo. Our O line is somewhat smaller now by about 15-20 lbs across the board but they have been doing a terrific job so far and will only get better. Ellison, Gage, Martinek, Weishuhn and Hardin look like they have spent some time in the weight room this past year all more stout than last year. Our defense seems to be as good as last year although they are somewhat smaller but faster and swarm to the ball. OLB #30 Worsham has been a beast on defense really putting the wood on ballcarriers. Last year we lost to Carthage primarily on a weakness in our secondary which they exploited with their fine Qb and two very tall and athletic wrs. This year we are more solid in the secondary. Dobbins as a freshman was only 5'5" but he has grown 3 or 4 inches taller this year and seems taller each week lol. He has been as amazing on defense as on offense. Hutchison is one of the best safeties i have seen in a Leopard uniform and has been recruited heavily by D1 schools. Rigden and Neiser have decent speed and athleticism to cover the taller receivers well.

Just on HUDL this year Pud. And, love HUDL cause I can back it up and see it several times what he just did to an opponent. Dobbins really scares me. As a coach you played recently noted, he is one of the most special kid's he's ever seen. He is amazing. Both sides of the ball. This team just seems to dominate opponents with their athletic abilities.

Pudlugger
09-27-2014, 06:41 PM
Just on HUDL this year Pud. And, love HUDL cause I can back it up and see it several times what he just did to an opponent. Dobbins really scares me. As a coach you played recently noted, he is one of the most special kid's he's ever seen. He is amazing. Both sides of the ball. This team just seems to dominate opponents with their athletic abilities.

YT I know that you benefit a lot from Hudl as an Official. I might consider subscribing myself if it is not too expensive. How does it go?

Scoop27
09-27-2014, 07:13 PM
My neighbor is a junior high school coach at Iago and he comes to watch the Boling games on my computer on Saturday's

YTBulldogs
09-27-2014, 07:19 PM
YT I know that you benefit a lot from Hudl as an Official. I might consider subscribing myself if it is not too expensive. How does it go?

Don't know the cost. Our chapter covers our HUDL cost.

Best training tool we ever had in TASO.

Pudlugger
09-27-2014, 07:50 PM
My neighbor is a junior high school coach at Iago and he comes to watch the Boling games on my computer on Saturday's

OK scoop you got me there. :)

44INAROW
09-27-2014, 11:20 PM
OK scoop you got me there. :)

😜😜rofl..... This game should be Reg IV GOTW.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

YTBulldogs
09-28-2014, 12:29 AM
����rofl..... This game should be Reg IV GOTW.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
No 44, I want next week.

speedbump
09-28-2014, 05:14 AM

$800 a year.

Pudlugger
09-28-2014, 07:02 AM
$800 a year.

ouch! I'll get by without it I guess.

speedbump
09-28-2014, 08:41 AM
ouch! I'll get by without it I guess.

Yea, and that's the low end. I get what few high lights I can on the free site. The schedules and rosters are OK on there too.

Dawgfan64
09-28-2014, 07:10 PM
The Leps are always a tough game...luckily it's a home game for us. It's even harder to beat them in LaGrange. Don't get me started on the Austin chapter officials. This is going to come down to defenses...yes La Grange has played a tougher schedule so far so maybe they have more dings than Yoakum..who knows. That's why we play the games and old men don't just talk about the score. We have more weapons that Tre' Hights but he is a great player.

YTBulldogs
09-28-2014, 07:27 PM
The Leps are always a tough game...luckily it's a home game for us. It's even harder to beat them in LaGrange. Don't get me started on the Austin chapter officials. This is going to come down to defenses...yes La Grange has played a tougher schedule so far so maybe they have more dings than Yoakum..who knows. That's why we play the games and old men don't just talk about the score. We have more weapons that Tre' Hights but he is a great player.

Generally, we play them tough. I just don't see a blow out, many are predicting DF64. Granted, LG is very talented and if you don't tackle at first contact, could be a long night. Keeping Dobbins near 100 would be a nice goal. He is the real deal.

Dawgfan64
09-28-2014, 07:38 PM
Seen big backs before...you have to contain them because you almost never stop them...we can't give up the BIG play and we have to tackle better in the 1st half. You can't start slow against a good team or you'll never catch up

Dawgfan64
09-28-2014, 07:38 PM
Up to 62, YT...as you can see. I didn't post much in the past

YTBulldogs
09-28-2014, 07:43 PM
Up to 62, YT...as you can see. I didn't post much in the past

Use that word game, that will get ya there in a few hours. :)

Dawgfan64
09-28-2014, 08:21 PM
Didn't take that long and I wanted my 100 to be on this thread...Go DOGS!!!

YTBulldogs
09-28-2014, 08:21 PM
Didn't take that long and I wanted my 100 to be on this thread...Go DOGS!!!

wahoooo, I got a fellow Yoakumite again.

Pudlugger
09-28-2014, 08:28 PM
Seen big backs before...you have to contain them because you almost never stop them...we can't give up the BIG play and we have to tackle better in the 1st half. You can't start slow against a good team or you'll never catch up

Dawgfan Dobbins is not a big back. He is 5'8" 160 lbs but he is very difficult to tackle, has great balance and moves, plus he is scary fast. If the Bulldogs key on him #5 Hutchison will have a big night. Both can take it to the house on any play. Oh btw Dobbins will play wr, rb and qb depending on the play calling so that will make the defense more complicated. This Leopard team is looking really special. Yoakum will be a big test for the Leps as they always are tough especially in their house. We are healthy thankfully and should be 100% ready to play Friday.

YTBulldogs
09-28-2014, 08:31 PM
Dawgfan Dobbins is not a big back. He is 5'8" 160 lbs but he is very difficult to tackle, has great balance and moves, plus he is scary fast. If the Bulldogs key on him #5 Hutchison will have a big night. Both can take it to the house on any play. Oh btw Dobbins will play wr, rb and qb depending on the play calling so that will make the defense more complicated. This Leopard team is looking really special. Yoakum will be a big test for the Leps as they always are tough especially in their house. We are healthy thankfully and should be 100% ready to play Friday.

Be a nice measuring stick for us Pud. Without doubt, LG is scary. Hope both come out healthy is all? Tough stretch forthcoming. LG, Cuero, Sinton, Ingelside and Jourdanton.

hookandladder
09-29-2014, 06:28 AM
Dobbins and Hutchinson are definitely the best 1, 2 combo LG has ever had that I can recall, Dobbins ( 5'8" - 185- Pud) will not be held under or at 100 yards because he can line up anywhere on offense and you still have to account for Hutchinson. Tre is definitely a great athlete for Yoakum however I feel LG will be able to somewhat contain him enough for a lep win, LG by 10.

Pudlugger
09-29-2014, 10:43 PM
Dobbins and Hutchinson are definitely the best 1, 2 combo LG has ever had that I can recall, Dobbins ( 5'8" - 185- Pud) will not be held under or at 100 yards because he can line up anywhere on offense and you still have to account for Hutchinson. Tre is definitely a great athlete for Yoakum however I feel LG will be able to somewhat contain him enough for a lep win, LG by 10.

Is it just me or does J.K. look bigger each week? He must be in a growth spurt. My son grew 3 inches in his 15th year. Dobbins and Hutchison both can break into the open field and take it to the house. It is important to note that they both are outstanding defensive player with Hutchison at free safety nobody can take it to the house past him. Dobbins' pass coverage is great and now that he has grown 3 inches from last year the taller wrs don't have an advantage as was the case with Carthage in the semi-final last year.

bd62
09-30-2014, 12:08 AM

Wow that saying a lot with the rich tradition of great players
at LG. I remember the Ty Gunn days and when he was a freshman
and Dobbins dad was a Senior they had Sealy on ropes
in semifinals in 1997 but Sealy pull it out at the end in Astrodome .Sealy beat Commerce next
Week in dome to win there 4 in the row.
Then when Ty was a Senior they won State.
But Hook should know cus he seen it all. It he hasn't Pud has. Lol

Seriously I like the days when there were 4 non-dist
games and 6 Dist games. Now it's the opposite with 4 of
the 5 teams going to play-offs. That's one reason I can't
get excited about LG - Yoakum game being the 6th non dist
game with dist starting game 7 against arch rival and very
good Cuero Team. But it is what it is thanks to UIL having
5 teams in most 4a dist. Victoria Schools are 5a and have 8
Dist games with 4 of 9 going to playoffs.

hookandladder
09-30-2014, 06:14 AM
Wow that saying a lot with the rich tradition of great players
at LG. I remember the Ty Gunn days and when he was a freshman
and Dobbins dad was a Senior they had Sealy on ropes
in semifinals in 1997 but Sealy pull it out at the end in Astrodome .Sealy beat Commerce next
Week in dome to win there 4 in the row.
Then when Ty was a Senior they won State.
But Hook should know cus he seen it all. It he hasn't Pud has. Lol

Seriously I like the days when there were 4 non-dist
games and 6 Dist games. Now it's the opposite with 4 of
the 5 teams going to play-offs. That's one reason I can't
get excited about LG - Yoakum game being the 6th non dist
game with dist starting game 7 against arch rival and very
good Cuero Team. But it is what it is thanks to UIL having
5 teams in most 4a dist. Victoria Schools are 5a and have 8
Dist games with 4 of 9 going to playoffs.

Yes Tye and Dobbins was a solid combination however Tye did not have near the speed of the two now and when Tye was a senior our other backs were just good hard working above aberage players, not taking anything away from them at all (State Championship & Runnerup) but as far as the most talented two in LG Dobbins and Hutchinson are it in my eyes, 4.36 and 4.5 guys are rare to be in the same backfield at the 3A level. Also I am not a fan of all these schools making the playoffs, makes it feel like little league all over again however the cream does rise to the top in the end.

YTBulldogs
09-30-2014, 08:28 AM
One thing I like about Dobbins and Hutchinson. One seems stronger between the tackles, other outside. Don't get me wrong, both hurt ya in any gap. But, great compliment to one another. I agree with H&L, best tandem I ever seen. Better tackle either, on first contact, to have a chance. I seen F'burg had chances to make stops behind LOS, but--failed and they ended up long gainers.

Pudlugger
09-30-2014, 08:45 AM
One thing I like about Dobbins and Hutchinson. One seems stronger between the tackles, other outside. Don't get me wrong, both hurt ya in any gap. But, great compliment to one another. I agree with H&L, best tandem I ever seen. Better tackle either, on first contact, to have a chance. I seen F'burg had chances to make stops behind LOS, but--failed and they ended up long gainers.

The mark of a championship level team is consistency in excellence. That means playing your best each week no matter the opponent. The Leps are becoming that team. After beating LH they had a letdown in the 1st half of the Columbus game but came out at halftime and laid the wood. After another big win against La Vernia they played 0-5 Taylor and were more consistent throughout the game winning going away. Now after beating a good Fredericksburg team they will meet a very good Yoakum team. This game will tell a lot about our chances to advance deep in the playoffs this year. We have two very tough games left on our schedule and both are traditional rivalries: Yoakum and Giddings. Go Leps!

GobblersUnite
09-30-2014, 02:05 PM
I'm pulling for my neighbors up the road but mu gut says Leps by 1 or Dawgs by 17.

region4fan
09-30-2014, 02:12 PM
Going for the Dogs, but see the Leps winning by 14

Pudlugger
10-01-2014, 08:29 AM
Yoakum will be dangerous with the speed of their offense. Leps will need to bring their best defense Friday.

YTBulldogs
10-01-2014, 01:55 PM
Have to be flawless this Friday.

LaGrange has won the last 8 years and has a 17-13-1 overall record against us.

Pudlugger
10-01-2014, 09:33 PM
Yoakum beat LG in 2002 and 2003 when my son was playing TE and RT. The Leps won 11 in a row after losing the season opener to Yoakum in '02. I never take the bulldogs for granted,they will beat you if you do.

Pudlugger
10-03-2014, 08:15 AM
Well, tonight we'll get to see how effective the LG defense is against an offense led by a highly recruited D1 athlete. Can they contain Hites on the corners and stack up the middle?

teetle
10-03-2014, 10:32 AM
Pud bes kmows what he bes talking abouts. He knowed what he bes doing .:eek::fnypost::weeping::weeping:

YTBulldogs
10-03-2014, 10:34 AM
Yes suh, game day!!!! Save travels to our LG friends.

speedbump
10-03-2014, 01:06 PM
laGrange by 24+ or Yoakum in a huge upset. Hmmmm, guess I'll go with ..... one of those.

Scoop27
10-03-2014, 03:31 PM
Webcast
http://www.kvlgkbuk.com/

Pudlugger
10-03-2014, 11:55 PM
laGrange by 24+ or Yoakum in a huge upset. Hmmmm, guess I'll go with ..... one of those.

LG by 25 speedy 42-17. The Leps jumped to an early lead with an 80 yrd return of the opening KO by Hutchison then a nice drive capped by a 20 yard run by Dobbins in the second possesion of the first quarter. It was 35-3 at the half. Yoakum scored on a long drive on the opening series in the 3rd and again in the last 2 minutes after our second string qb fumbled on our one. The leps took their foot off the gas at the end of the third and took out the first team. We suffered a knee injury to #76 Herrera one of our best back up lineman in the 4th quarter. The Lep D played lights out all night containing #9 Hites to <100 yards rushing. The offense was explosive with Hutchison, Dobbins and Rigden each scoring twice. The Leps are ready for district. Go Leps!

regaleagle
10-04-2014, 07:16 AM
I listened to the broadcast and it sounded to me like the Leps controlled the LOS on both sides of the ball, and of course the 2 running backs had their way because of that. The opening kickoff return and the PICK 6 in the lst quarter put the Bulldogs behind the 8-ball early, and set the tone for the game. Seems like Yoakum never really found any rhythm in their offense and were struggling on D to stop the Leps O all night.

Pudlugger
10-04-2014, 08:03 AM
I listened to the broadcast and it sounded to me like the Leps controlled the LOS on both sides of the ball, and of course the 2 running backs had their way because of that. The opening kickoff return and the PICK 6 in the lst quarter put the Bulldogs behind the 8-ball early, and set the tone for the game. Seems like Yoakum never really found any rhythm in their offense and were struggling on D to stop the Leps O all night.

That is a pretty good summation regal. Our O line has really developed into a force. It is obvious to me that the boys spent a lot of time in the weight room this past year as they are very stout and conditioned. Ellison, Gage, Hardin, Martinek and Weishuhn good job!

Pudlugger
10-04-2014, 10:21 AM
Has anybody seen my ole' buddy YT? Things kind of got out of hand last night for those fiesty Bulldogs and I'm concerned.

YTBulldogs
10-04-2014, 10:39 AM
Has anybody seen my ole' buddy YT? Things kind of got out of hand last night for those fiesty Bulldogs and I'm concerned.

What you concerned about Pud? I'm here. I officiate on Friday nights, and never get online till Sat morning. Killer living in Yoakum, and a member of a big city chapter, driving wise. Big state. LOL. Congrats on the win.

As a Phoenix Cardinal ex-coach once said, "Leopards are who we thought they we're". They'll make it to Jerry's World IMO.

Pudlugger
10-04-2014, 11:10 AM
What you concerned about Pud? I'm here. I officiate on Friday nights, and never get online till Sat morning. Killer living in Yoakum, and a member of a big city chapter, driving wise. Big state. LOL. Congrats on the win.

As a Phoenix Cardinal ex-coach once said, "Leopards are who we thought they we're". They'll make it to Jerry's World IMO.

YT I always appreciate your gracious posts. Last night was really something for us LG folks. That return of the opening KO was just exhilarating. I immediately asked why they kicked the ball to Hutchison like that then he ran it back 85 yards for the td. I bet the Bulldog coach had something to say to the kicker after that. As for Jerry World, that is the dream and ultimate goal for this team after falling short in the semi-finals in 2009 and 2013 to eventual champ Carthage. There are several elite teams to contend with on that path so right now it is one game at a time with Smithville next up.

YTBulldogs
10-04-2014, 11:23 AM
YT I always appreciate your gracious posts. Last night was really something for us LG folks. That return of the opening KO was just exhilarating. I immediately asked why they kicked the ball to Hutchison like that then he ran it back 85 yards for the td. I bet the Bulldog coach had something to say to the kicker after that. As for Jerry World, that is the dream and ultimate goal for this team after falling short in the semi-finals in 2009 and 2013 to eventual champ Carthage. There are several elite teams to contend with on that path so right now it is one game at a time with Smithville next up.

I can assure you, that opening KO was a mistake. Kid kicks 24/7 during the week, and it was instilled into him, directional kick, PERIOD.

bd62
10-04-2014, 11:39 AM
The mark of a championship level team is consistency in excellence. That means playing your best each week no matter the opponent. The Leps are becoming that team. After beating LH they had a letdown in the 1st half of the Columbus game but came out at halftime and laid the wood. After another big win against La Vernia they played 0-5 Taylor and were more consistent throughout the game winning going away. Now after beating a good Fredericksburg team they will meet a very good Yoakum team. This game will tell a lot about our chances to advance deep in the playoffs this year. We have two very tough games left on our schedule and both are traditional rivalries: Yoakum and Giddings. Go Leps!

Pud you are so right about being consistent each game. Lagrange has that mentality.
For some reason Yoakum does not. The week before Cuero game they do
not play well . Even if Yoakum would have play well LG
would have beat them but not 28 points in first Qt.
Good luck to LG rest of yr. I think LG has a special
team again this yr. Class bunch of kids,coaches, and fans.

Dawgfan64
10-04-2014, 12:59 PM
I'm still here too Pud...go check out the pictures post. I posted a pic of one of the LG receivers

Dawgfan64
10-04-2014, 01:06 PM
I said before the game started that our only chance was to stay close in the first half then the opening kickoff happened. I got some great pictures if I was shooting for the LaGrange newspaper...lol LG was just too much. They played hard and controlled the line of scrimmage. That's how you win. Hopefully, we can put this behind us...learn from it and take it to Cuero.

Pudlugger
10-04-2014, 07:51 PM
I said before the game started that our only chance was to stay close in the first half then the opening kickoff happened. I got some great pictures if I was shooting for the LaGrange newspaper...lol LG was just too much. They played hard and controlled the line of scrimmage. That's how you win. Hopefully, we can put this behind us...learn from it and take it to Cuero.

Dawgfan I think the Leps were just really on their game last night and Yoakum was just unfortunate to run into them. I saw a lot of good old fahioned smash mouth football from those young Bulldogs especially #33 who really pounded the LOS and put the wood on some of our guys blocking for #9. Hites showed his athleticism and leadership skills and unfortunately it wasn't his night. He never gave up and made a number of unlikely gains from broken plays and pass rushes that would have been sacks with lesser athletes. The opening drive after the half showed the best of the Bulldogs who methodically moved the ball downfield in a good mix of passing and rushing. If they can reproduce that level of play next week they will give Cuero a run for their money.

[YT I support the Bulldogs and hope you will forgive me for my earlier snarky post on the Cuero-Giddings thread.]

YTBulldogs
10-04-2014, 08:03 PM
Dawgfan I think the Leps were just really on their game last night and Yoakum was just unfortunate to run into them. I saw a lot of good old fahioned smash mouth football from those young Bulldogs especially #33 who really pounded the LOS and put the wood on some of our guys blocking for #9. Hites showed his athleticism and leadership skills and unfortunately it wasn't his night. He never gave up and made a number of unlikely gains from broken plays and pass rushes that would have been sacks with lesser athletes. The opening drive after the half showed the best of the Bulldogs who methodically moved the ball downfield in a good mix of passing and rushing. If they can reproduce that level of play next week they will give Cuero a run for their money.

[YT I support the Bulldogs and hope you will forgive me for my earlier snarky post on the Cuero-Giddings thread.]

It's all good Pud. Cuero is just as potent as LG. We have to right some wrongs quick, or--could be another rough night at home. We knew we had to play flawless, and that didn't happen out the gate.

Pudlugger
10-04-2014, 09:35 PM
YT meant to ask why the goal posts were oscillating all night. Is it a tradition to shake the posts real hard before a game and let them vibrate for hours? It was kinda weird.

YTBulldogs
10-04-2014, 10:40 PM
YT meant to ask why the goal posts were oscillating all night. Is it a tradition to shake the posts real hard before a game and let them vibrate for hours? It was kinda weird.

Not sure, been doing that for years. Hope it's oil under there, wanting out. South (locker rooms end) shakes more than north one. Maybe when we get turf, we can get a double brace post while at it, and that might help? I notice they are starting to look like Smithville too. Kinda crooked. Not real bad yet being un-even. They make some nice looking double brace post's now.