PDA

View Full Version : Sitting in the orthodontist ' s office.....

panfan
09-26-2014, 09:14 AM
Dropping another wad of cash on kids teeth. Thankfully at #3, she is last one. Does any one else feel my pain. ......

waterboy
09-26-2014, 09:23 AM
My eldest daughter had almost perfect teeth, so she didn't have to have braces. My younger daughter HAD to have braces and just got hers off in February of this year after two years. She went from a girl that was made fun of to a real beauty that has a smile that'll melt your heart. It was well WORTH the money. They are EXPENSIVE, and I feel your pain. Just multiply my pain by three...:D

panfan
09-26-2014, 09:29 AM
My eldest daughter had almost perfect teeth, so she didn't have to have braces. My younger daughter HAD to have braces and just got hers off in February of this year after two years. She went from a girl that was made fun of to a real beauty that has a smile that'll melt your heart. It was well WORTH the money. They are EXPENSIVE, and I feel your pain. Just multiply my pain by three...:D
Yep round 3 here as well. I haven't numbed to the effects yet.

BB BULLS
09-26-2014, 09:29 AM
i got luck Pan both of mine had perfect teeth. just having to be at the orthodontist i feel for you. ihate them kinda places

defense51
09-26-2014, 09:47 AM
My daughter has a million dollar smile, but in financial terms it's about $8500.

Pudlugger
09-26-2014, 10:42 AM
My four kids all had orthodontia. Now they all have perfect smiles. I really didn't want that Shelby Cobra 427 anyway.

https://www.google.com/search?q=shelby+cobra&client=firefox-a&hs=lpE&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&channel=sb&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=koklVMSLI8uLyATXtYKYAw&ved=0CDsQsAQ&biw=1002&bih=441

Rabid Cougar
09-26-2014, 10:58 AM
I am with Pudlugger. No need to ski trips, campers or AR-15's.

panther89
09-26-2014, 02:03 PM
I have a 10 year old that is going to have to have braces, and an 8 year old that probably will meet the same fate. Who needs college anyway? LOL

99IHSMustang
09-26-2014, 02:19 PM
All could have been avoided if you didn't have any kids.... :D

Rabid Cougar
09-26-2014, 02:31 PM
All could have been avoided if you didn't have any kids.... :D

But then we would not be able to come on here and brag about our stud football playing prodigy!!!!:smoker:

waterboy
09-26-2014, 03:27 PM
I have a 10 year old that is going to have to have braces, and an 8 year old that probably will meet the same fate. Who needs college anyway? LOL

Despite what a dentist says, I would wait until they are at least 11 before making that investment. I wanted to wait for my child's mouth to develop a little more, and for here to lose most of her baby teeth first. It was painful to wait but I'm glad I did. She probably would've had to go through a lot more "adjustments", meaning more pain, and she would've had to have to worn them longer. She already had to wear an expander for several months before she got her actual braces. The difference in her smile and confidence is like night and day. Her smile melts hearts now.

44INAROW
09-26-2014, 04:02 PM
We were lucky - #1 and #2 sons had (still do lol) nice, straight teeth - #3 had pretty straight teeth but an underbite - he got his braces in the 7th grade, on the day of the very 1st 7th grade basketball game (the things we remember) I think he only had the braces for 18 months are so (he's 26 now) He still has the bottom retainer that is somehow 'welded in' and we assume it's OK because when he goes for his cleanings, our family dentist doesn't say anything about taking it out. Both of our granddaughters (18 and 13) have beautiful teeth and no need for braces... their parents are happy about that, so my daughter in law decided to get adult braces.. she got them off earlier this year and you can see the confidence in her smile :)

refereedoc
09-26-2014, 04:15 PM
Dropping another wad of cash on kids teeth. Thankfully at #3, she is last one. Does any one else feel my pain. ......

Son#2 had braces 7-9th grade then my wife decided she wanted them last year. Let me tell you if you want to lose weight as an adult get braces. My wife lost 18 lbs. and was lighter than when we got married. Woohoo!