PDA

View Full Version : Facebook has Ruined Celina Football

JJWalker
09-26-2014, 05:17 AM
I was reading on the Celina vs. Bishop Lynch thread, that Facebook has ruined Celina football.

That pretty much ends the argument ...

Facebook is the Devil!

Has Facebook ruined any of your other favorite teams/programs?

bobcat1
09-26-2014, 06:16 AM
Dew Whut?

movethechain
09-26-2014, 06:59 AM
What's Facebook? Also, what's Twitter? I don't use them, whatever they are.

buckeyebob
09-26-2014, 08:03 AM
What's Facebook? Also, what's Twitter? I don't use them, whatever they are.

I look @ Traylor's twitter from time to time

JJWalker
09-26-2014, 08:15 AM
Of course I have been chuckling to myself since I read that post and started to even consider the notion, but perhaps there is some truth to it.

Let's face it ... Facebook ... in a general sense ... is for the ladies.

So, if you have a coaching staff that has bought into the whole social media distraction, then it probably is a testimony to their ability to focus.

It is very much the same for how the 3ADownlow now TexasDownlow has ruined all of us. :dispntd:

jockcity33
09-26-2014, 08:40 AM

I don't know about you east Texas boys lookin at one anothers Twitter

Sweetwater Red
09-26-2014, 08:44 AM

:dispntd:

orange machine
09-26-2014, 08:59 AM
I was reading on the Celina vs. Bishop Lynch thread, that Facebook has ruined Celina football.

That pretty much ends the argument ...

Facebook is the Devil!

Has Facebook ruined any of your other favorite teams/programs?

Lol its always someone else's fault! Taking responsibility for your actions or short comings is hard to come by these days!

BB BULLS
09-26-2014, 09:02 AM
i dont know him but Cam always says its Greendawgs fault. so i am gonna go with that

JJWalker
09-26-2014, 09:17 AM
i dont know him but Cam always says its Greendawgs fault. so i am gonna go with that
So what you are saying is that Greendawg is basically the Facebook of Texas High School Football?

Yikes!

BB BULLS
09-26-2014, 09:25 AM
So what you are saying is that Greendawg is basically the Facebook of Texas High School Football?

Yikes!

dam it thats funny hahahahahaha

Bullaholic
09-26-2014, 09:31 AM
Folks, I have been in the computer business for over 27 years. I can tell you that all social media sites do serve some purpose for entertainment and communication, but they are not your friends. All are free and claim they are free, and they they are not selling anything. Not so--what they are selling is YOU and your information and your habits. I never cease to be amazed how many people post extremely personal or potentially damaging info on a worldwide social media website like Facebook and wonder why there are sometimes repercussions. It is also riddled with hackers, identity thieves, and addicted posters who post great volumes of mis-information on a regular basis. So, use Facebook and other social media with caution and restraint for your enjoyment, but be very careful what you post, and to whom you respond.

movethechain
09-26-2014, 09:44 AM
Folks, I have been in the computer business for over 27 years. I can tell you that all social media sites do serve some purpose for entertainment and communication, but they are not your friends. All are free and claim they are free, and they they are not selling anything. Not so--what they are selling is YOU and your information and your habits. I never cease to be amazed how many people post extremely personal or potentially damaging info on a worldwide social media website like Facebook and wonder why there are sometimes repercussions. It is also riddled with hackers, identity thieves, and addicted posters who post great volumes of mis-information on a regular basis. So, use Facebook and other social media with caution and restraint for your enjoyment, but be very careful what you post, and to whom you respond.

Sounds like your warning is too late for Celina. So sad, they were such a great program and will be greatly missed. :evillol:

panfan
09-26-2014, 09:48 AM

Yikes!
That's like a really bad horror movie. Say it ain't so!

regaleagle
09-26-2014, 10:13 AM
Ain't this world a wonderful place nowadays. It's not enough for the Elites to require a SS# and Identification, Insurance, Driver's License and credit bureaus. Don't think for one second they aren't behind social media sites 100%. Look what they did to the banking industry and our wealth as a nation....they stole it. I could go on & on, but 75% of you wouldn't know what I was talking about or would think I'm crazy, so we'll just leave it at that. Ignorance is bliss.

greendawg84
09-26-2014, 10:29 AM

:lies:

Well nice to meet you BB Bulls ! But not on this one , Cam and panfan are the computer guy's so it has to be one of them . Thats my story and I'm sticking to it !

greendawg84
09-26-2014, 10:33 AM

Yikes!

No way too much work involved in that gig . Big YIKES !!!

greendawg84
09-26-2014, 10:38 AM
That's like a really bad horror movie. Say it ain't so!

Aint it time you got back to work panfan ? Your correct , that would be a nightmare , I dont know how to twitter or facebook . Hells bells , I just got instagram a month ago !

waterboy
09-26-2014, 12:23 PM
Ain't this world a wonderful place nowadays. It's not enough for the Elites to require a SS# and Identification, Insurance, Driver's License and credit bureaus. Don't think for one second they aren't behind social media sites 100%. Look what they did to the banking industry and our wealth as a nation....they stole it. I could go on & on, but 75% of you wouldn't know what I was talking about or would think I'm crazy, so we'll just leave it at that. Ignorance is bliss.

I know exactly what you're talking about, and I'll tell you it doesn't take a genius to figure it out. For all the conspiracy theories out there, there's a degree of truth in a whole lot of them. Why do you think the gap continues to widen between the haves and the have-nots? The ignorance of the American people continues to perpetuate that cycle. All we can do is just enjoy life while we're here, and pray for those that are left behind.

JJWalker
09-26-2014, 12:28 PM
This is what Facebook does to a football team.
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-ttp8oZsRc0g/UGHYELAmV-I/AAAAAAAAUQY/HMhKYkihZaE/s1600/Football.jpg

Smitty
09-26-2014, 12:54 PM
This is what Facebook does to a football team.
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-ttp8oZsRc0g/UGHYELAmV-I/AAAAAAAAUQY/HMhKYkihZaE/s1600/Football.jpg

Is that the Celina football team?

BwdLion73
09-26-2014, 02:47 PM
Is that the Celina football team?

This belongs in the 'Can you advance a "muff" thread'.

regaleagle
09-26-2014, 03:33 PM
Heehaw.....that's hilarious!

JJWalker
09-27-2014, 08:08 AM
Apparently Celina did not accept Melissa's friend request.

Aesculus gilmus
09-27-2014, 08:19 AM
Why do you think the gap continues to widen between the haves and the have-nots?

The main reason is that Wall Street took over the real Main Street economy about 30 or 40 years ago and "financialized" everything.

Nothing much is made here anymore. Wall Street blows financial bubbles. Average Joes and Janes who used to work at good-paying jobs (especially the Joes, who aren't as necessary in the workforce anymore) go into debt to make up for the lack of income.

The more they default on their debts, the higher the interest rate they have to pay as they move down the food chain of lenders. It's a vicious circle. Where it ends, no one knows. I'd predict a return to a feudal system. It's even been named "techno-feudalism" because of the constant surveillance the "lords" have perfected over the "serfs."

JJWalker
09-29-2014, 04:04 PM
Well, it looks like the Bobcats will spend extra time on Facebook this week and NOT get a W.

waterboy
09-30-2014, 07:45 AM
The main reason is that Wall Street took over the real Main Street economy about 30 or 40 years ago and "financialized" everything.

Nothing much is made here anymore. Wall Street blows financial bubbles. Average Joes and Janes who used to work at good-paying jobs (especially the Joes, who aren't as necessary in the workforce anymore) go into debt to make up for the lack of income.

The more they default on their debts, the higher the interest rate they have to pay as they move down the food chain of lenders. It's a vicious circle. Where it ends, no one knows. I'd predict a return to a feudal system. It's even been named "techno-feudalism" because of the constant surveillance the "lords" have perfected over the "serfs."

Welcome to corporate America! True freedom is no longer ours. Like they say, "Money talks." Our two-party system has been bought and paid for by the rich, power-hungry, greedy "elite".

bobcat1
09-30-2014, 09:42 AM
Welcome to corporate America! True freedom is no longer ours. Like they say, "Money talks." Our two-party system has been bought and paid for by the rich, power-hungry, greedy "elite".

That is absolutely true my friend. I feel for my kids and grandkids. At 58 I won't see much of the long term affects of the paid for politicians. Yes both sides.

coach
09-30-2014, 11:20 AM
Of course I have been chuckling to myself since I read that post and started to even consider the notion, but perhaps there is some truth to it.

Let's face it ... Facebook ... in a general sense ... is for the ladies.

So, if you have a coaching staff that has bought into the whole social media distraction, then it probably is a testimony to their ability to focus.

It is very much the same for how the 3ADownlow now TexasDownlow has ruined all of us. :dispntd:

Texas A&M uses social media and I'd say their focus is just fine.

Also, the downlow has been ruined by others, remember when it use to be good and exciting. Thats when it ruined us. Now its just a ruined website.

coach
09-30-2014, 11:21 AM
Apparently Celina did not accept Melissa's friend request.

Who is Melissa? She hot?

JJWalker
10-01-2014, 04:21 AM
Texas A&M uses social media and I'd say their focus is just fine.

Also, the downlow has been ruined by others, remember when it use to be good and exciting. Thats when it ruined us. Now its just a ruined website.

I don't know ... having a punter rumble for a 50 yard touchdown ... breaking tackles all along the way? ... That looks like a symptom of Facebook.

If I were A&M's head coach, I would ban Facebook before they go the way of Celina.

JJWalker
10-20-2014, 11:51 AM
And ... it looks like Celina has banned Facebook.