PDA

View Full Version : UIL rules Goliad football player elgible to play

Scoop27
09-25-2014, 11:33 AM
http://www.victoriaadvocate.com/news/2014/sep/24/uil-rules-goliad-tigers-athlete-eligible-to-play/

regaleagle
09-25-2014, 12:25 PM
What a travesty of justice keeping this young man out of uniform for this long. Those opposing district coaches really had no grounds to reject his obvious legal transfer, and showed everyone watching this scenario what kind of character they really have. I hope Goliad(and Hill) burns these teams badly in football and basketball. It will be justice served.

BTW>>>>I'm biased....Goliad is my high school alma mater, hahaha.

cboycansurvive
09-25-2014, 02:44 PM
That is Goliad's own fault. They did not need approval from the DEC. They should have filed for a residence waiver from the UIL immediately and they would have ruled on it much sooner. When you apply for a waiver all you have to do is make the Dec aware of your intent. They wasted a few weeks with the DEC meetings.

What a travesty of justice keeping this young man out of uniform for this long. Those opposing district coaches really had no grounds to reject his obvious legal transfer, and showed everyone watching this scenario what kind of character they really have. I hope Goliad(and Hill) burns these teams badly in football and basketball. It will be justice served.

BTW>>>>I'm biased....Goliad is my high school alma mater, hahaha.

regaleagle
09-25-2014, 07:31 PM
The Coaches in the district voted it down twice, though....once at 3-0, and a 2nd time at 3-1. That's the point I'm making. They knew his dad was now the Asst. Principal of GHS, but still opted to vote against the transfer eligibility. So don't give me this paper filing routine as an excuse. That may have been a reason it took so long, but it wasn't the reason the other District coaches voted the way they did....end of story. Let's get the real issue out here in the open. They simply wanted to turn down the transfer eligibility of this player, and make it go thru the system. They didn't give a rat's a$$ about the player being a senior and having D1 offers because it was a district foe. There's the rub.

cboycansurvive
09-26-2014, 01:43 PM
As of today, I hear he is still ineligible due to the residence waiver being denied. I know the coaches voted him down but that still would not have made him eligible since he still needed a residence waiver so that whole process was a waste of time. The waiver should have been submitted right away and any questions that were brought up about why he moved could have been addressed if he was denied. Since the waiver was denied, there will now have to be an appeal and it will take even longer. Administrators need to become familiar with UIL rules. Any way you look at it, a residence waiver had to be filed. The coaches could not grant him eligibility. That was a wasted few weeks and now it will be more wasted time. What a shame for the kid.

The Coaches in the district voted it down twice, though....once at 3-0, and a 2nd time at 3-1. That's the point I'm making. They knew his dad was now the Asst. Principal of GHS, but still opted to vote against the transfer eligibility. So don't give me this paper filing routine as an excuse. That may have been a reason it took so long, but it wasn't the reason the other District coaches voted the way they did....end of story. Let's get the real issue out here in the open. They simply wanted to turn down the transfer eligibility of this player, and make it go thru the system. They didn't give a rat's a$$ about the player being a senior and having D1 offers because it was a district foe. There's the rub.

regaleagle
09-26-2014, 03:28 PM
So what about the article in the Victoria Advocate....is that misinformation or is this a "new" development now?

cboycansurvive
09-26-2014, 03:44 PM
The article was misinforming. The UIL ruled that he did not leave school for athletic reasons. Since he does not live in Goliad, he still needed a residence waiver. Today, he learned that he was denied the residence waiver. He can appeal that decision. The UIL has 14 days to rule on a waiver. If the waiver had been submitted in early august when he arrived, this would have been finished. The UIL only has 14 days to rule on a waiver. If the ruling just came back to the district that tells me that they waited at least until September 11 or so to file the waiver. That has resulted in more loss of time and games. The issue with the PAPF could have been resolved while the waiver officer was making his decision.

So what about the article in the Victoria Advocate....is that misinformation or is this a "new" development now?

regaleagle
09-26-2014, 03:48 PM
Yep.....sounds like somebody in the Goliad arena(maybe this player's Dad) didn't do their due diligence and research in this all-important transfer for the player.....and he was probably told it was all taken care of. He's bound to be pulling his hair out by now.

87 TIGER
09-26-2014, 05:19 PM
it just sucks, let the kid play. highschool goes by so fast and you can never go back.

regaleagle
09-26-2014, 06:23 PM
Can you imagine how the Dad feels...being the new asst. principal of the high school and all. It's his boy, and the boy is probably wondering what in the world is going on.

regaleagle
09-26-2014, 06:27 PM
I reckon the UIL is just a mirror image of our legal system as a whole. You sure don't want to deal with anything in the courts nowadays, that's for sure. There's just no plain ol' justice anymore....justice is what some sideways bureaucracy says it is.