PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone report on Jasper / Nederland scrimmage please?

j_dog
08-24-2002, 11:54 AM

bc 76
08-24-2002, 12:25 PM
I read that jasper did very well against nederland.Jasper scored on its 1st two possesions against nederlands 1st defense.

mojjo_1
08-24-2002, 04:58 PM
In the first set of plays Jasper held Nederland to 2 first downs.Then Jasper took over on offense and scored 3 td,s. On the second set with the second teams Jasper scored 1td and Nederland 0.Then they played 3 quarters and Jasper won 21-17.Jasper looks to be really fast on defense.will try to have some stats. by tues.

j_dog
08-24-2002, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by mojjo_1:
In the first set of plays Jasper held Nederland to 2 first downs.Then Jasper took over on offense and scored 3 td,s. On the second set with the second teams Jasper scored 1td and Nederland 0.Then they played 3 quarters and Jasper won 21-17.Jasper looks to be really fast on defense.will try to have some stats. by tues.

And Nederland went to the 4a division I semi-finals last year? Seems like quality to me.

OldSchoolBulldog
08-25-2002, 01:17 AM
Some additional infomation on the Jasper vs. Nederland scrimmage.

Nederland was very good competition for Jasper. I am happy about how Jasper performed. But, there are a few concerns.

First, I would like Jasper's secondary to step up more. I think they will in future games. Also, some of our receivers dropped a few balls. Most of this was just a little rust. They will improve as time goes on.

j_dog
08-25-2002, 11:32 PM
Thank you Jasper fans for the updates. It is fantastic to be getting some Jasper posters here. Bulldog92 and I were feeling pretty lonely there for a time. We, as well as many others, do not now live in Jasper, so really appreciate the hometown views.

Bulldog92
08-25-2002, 11:45 PM
It is great to see other Jasper representation on this site. Spread the word to others in town and keep the info coming. It's PNG week...let's turn it up a notch...