4-0
W: 35-7, Fairfield

Liberty Hill (10)
3-1
W: 45-25, Waco Connally

West Columbia (NR)
4-0
W: 16-6, Sweeny

Dropped out: No. 6 El Campo (Lost to Wharton, 28-24), No. 9 Kilgore (Lost to Texarkana Texas, 19-13)

2014 Week 5 Rankings

CLASS 4A-DII

Rank
School (Last week)
2014 Record
Previous result

Gilmer (1)
4-0
W: 61-9, Daingerfield

West Orange-Stark (2)
4-0
W: 35-0, Silsbee

La Grange (3)
4-0
W: 42-22, Taylor

Atlanta (7)
4-0
W: 55-13, Pittsburg

Gladewater (8)
3-1
W: 37-23, Carthage

Tatum (9)
2-1
W: 41-14, Liberty-Eylau

La Marque (10)
3-1
W: 42-21, Freeport Brazosport

Hardin-Jefferson (NR)
4-0
W: 27-7, LC-Mauriceville

Orange Grove (NR)
4-0
W: 53-19, Aransas Pass

Celina (4)
2-2
L: 40-21, Bishop Lynch

Dropped out: No. 5 Fairfield (Lost to Robinson, 35-7), No. 6 Cuero (Lost to PL Calhoun, 21-17)

http://www.texasfootball.com/rankings/

waterboy
09-22-2014, 07:44 AM
I believe I'd put Tatum at number 4, but other than that I have no idea.:D

hollywood
09-22-2014, 08:18 AM
They have the wrong score on the Stephenville/Lubbock Cooper game, it was 50-39. Not that it matters. A loss is a loss. ;) Not surprised Stephenville was only bumped to #3.

Snotbubbles
09-22-2014, 08:21 AM
And, it's LaVernia, not LaVerina. They must of thought Calhoun was weak, to drop Cuero from #6 to, out of top 10.

Roughneck93
09-22-2014, 12:17 PM
More from DCTF...

Class 4A

Overall Thoughts

And down goes No. 1 in Division I. Stephenville looked almost unstoppable through the first few weeks of the season. The key word is almost. The Yellow Jackets were stopped on Thursday night by Lubbock Cooper in a 50-39 loss on ESPN2. Stephenville quarterback Jarrett Stidham was expected to be the star of the game, but it was Lubbock Cooper signal-caller Kolton Ehlers who took over with seven total touchdowns. The biggest beneficiary of Stephenville’s loss was Navasota, which rose to the No. 1 spot after a 49-10 beat down of Rogers Heritage (AR). Coming in at a close second was Argyle, which notched an impressive win over Graham. Down in Division II, there was some chaos in the middle of our rankings as Celina, Fairfield and Cuero also suffered losses. The latter two completely fell out of the rankings and were replaced by red-hot Hardin Jefferson and South Texas power Orange Grove.

Biggest Winner

Wharton. The Tigers not only knocked off No. 6 El Campo but also snapped a 12-year losing streak to the Ricebirds. And the way they did it was just as impressive. Wharton trailed 24-7 at halftime but responded with 21 unanswered points in the second half including a 7-yard touchdown run by Chris Green, which sealed the rally late in the fourth quarter. Wharton might not be ranked… yet. But the Tigers are a very dangerous 3-1 team. Their only loss of the year came to an extremely tough Cuero team in the season opener. West Columbia also deserves a shout out for topping rival Sweeny and entering the DI rankings.

Team To Watch

Huffman Hargrave. The top unranked 4A team in the state might be Huffman Hargrave. The Falcons are coming off a statement win over previously undefeated Shepherd and are ballin’ out on both sides of the football. Offensively, it’s all about quarterback Cody Gaitlin and wide receiver Chase Harrell, a huge target at 6-foot-5 who is currently committed to Houston. Linebacker Cody Padgett is the Falcons’ headhunter on defense. If Huffman Hargrave can get past Silsbee next week, they won’t be unranked for much longer.

http://w3ww.texasfootball.com/highschool-news/view/180929

Saggy Aggie
09-22-2014, 12:25 PM
:-)....

Yoe_09
09-22-2014, 01:16 PM

I agree. I think Tatum will be a TD or two better than Gladewater or Atlanta. There should be some great games in that district.

44INAROW
09-22-2014, 01:29 PM
And, it's LaVernia, not LaVerina. They must of thought Calhoun was weak, to drop Cuero from #6 to, out of top 10.

Calhoun played lights out against the Gobblers.. They also have some very rude fans.. but I digress lol............

gobbla4life
09-22-2014, 01:39 PM
It's ok snot , not much on rankings anyway. However I think Cuero will be a much better team by the time district and playoff time comes , for playing a team like Calhoun that has almost triple the enrollment that we have. We had an opportunity to win at the end , just couldn't pull it out. It's not how you start , it's how you finish!!

YTBulldogs
09-22-2014, 01:49 PM
They also have some very rude fans.. but I digress lol............

Kinda like Refugio type fans.

regaleagle
09-22-2014, 01:57 PM

Tatum is still a question mark(slightly) with only a 2-1 mark, and until we see more season results I feel the ranking given them is more than satisfactory at this juncture.

Eagleborn
09-22-2014, 02:34 PM
Tatum is still a question mark(slightly) with only a 2-1 mark, and until we see more season results I feel the ranking given them is more than satisfactory at this juncture.

You may be right... But, it's my opinion, that anyone 4A would have suffered a loss to Gilmer.

44INAROW
09-22-2014, 02:39 PM
Kinda like Refugio type fans.

yes, but 3 times as many lol............. like Gobbla4life said - Cuero's going to be better off after playing the Crabs.. exposed a weakness and no doubt Coach has a plan for that... certainly better than playing a bunch of milk-toast teams - don't learn much that way. D15 is tough.. gonna be a tough road for sure.. *** sorry for the hijack, I thought I was on the D15 thread damn, my age is catching up with me :vrycnfsd:

GodleyEast
09-22-2014, 03:24 PM
I agree. I think Tatum will be a TD or two better than Gladewater or Atlanta. There should be some great games in that district.

I think Atlanta, and Gladewater are a TD Better than Tatum. (Idont know why)

waterboy
09-22-2014, 03:39 PM

I'll definitely have to disagree with you there. I think Tatum is at least a TD, maybe two TDs, better than either. My picks for that district:

6-4A DII

1) Tatum
2) Atlanta
3) Gladewater
4) Pleasant Grove
5) Spring Hill
6) Center

Numbers 2 and 3 could shift spots, but as of right now that's the way I see it shaking out.

cowboyandchrist
09-23-2014, 09:32 AM

You have to remember the Tatum QB had not played a down since he was hurt in the first scrimmage when they played Gilmer. Tatum is the real with the best defense in 4A. They are only one step behind Gilmer at this stage of the season.

hollywood
09-23-2014, 10:16 AM
You have to remember the Tatum QB had not played a down since he was hurt in the first scrimmage when they played Gilmer. Tatum is the real with the best defense in 4A. They are only one step behind Gilmer at this stage of the season.

Oh no cowboy, you said Tatum has the best defense in 4A!! :eek:

You better hope Graham doesn't catch wind of this. Cuz it's on like shonikong now. :1popcorn:

buckeyebob
09-23-2014, 07:24 PM
I'll definitely have to disagree with you there. I think Tatum is at least a TD, maybe two TDs, better than either. My picks for that district:

6-4A DII

1) Tatum
2) Atlanta
3) Gladewater
4) Pleasant Grove
5) Spring Hill
6) Center

Numbers 2 and 3 could shift spots, but as of right now that's the way I see it shaking out.

I see Center in 4th

cowboyandchrist
09-23-2014, 11:03 PM
Oh no cowboy, you said Tatum has the best defense in 4A!! :eek:

You better hope Graham doesn't catch wind of this. Cuz it's on like shonikong now. :1popcorn:

I watched the Graham and Argyle game on TV and I have no doubt the Tatum defense would be in the back field all night long. I will be the first one to admit that Gilmer is just as fast as Tatum on both sides of the ball. If there are faster teams in 4A this year I would be impressed.
Gilmer can score in the blink of an eye and you have no idea where it is coming from. They have many play makers, but Lynch seems to score most often. I believe Tatum knows how to beat Gilmer if they meet again, saying and doing are two different things. Atlanta must be good by the scores they are putting up, but Gladewater will have to play much better than they did against the Dawgs or it will be a long night against Tatum.

regaleagle
09-24-2014, 05:11 AM
I watched the Graham and Argyle game on TV and I have no doubt the Tatum defense would be in the back field all night long. I will be the first one to admit that Gilmer is just as fast as Tatum on both sides of the ball. If there are faster teams in 4A this year I would be impressed.
Gilmer can score in the blink of an eye and you have no idea where it is coming from. They have many play makers, but Lynch seems to score most often. I believe Tatum knows how to beat Gilmer if they meet again, saying and doing are two different things. Atlanta must be good by the scores they are putting up, but Gladewater will have to play much better than they did against the Dawgs or it will be a long night against Tatum.

Hey Cowboy.....when are we gonna git to see this great team on TV??? They hafta beat some pretty good teams to get to Jerryworld.

buckeyebob
09-26-2014, 08:12 AM

If we see each other later in the season for Round II, Gilmer will be a different team...ask Henderson from 2012...our Game changed from District Play to playoff...they were prepared with Monsta Brown to replay...beware of the transformers