PDA

View Full Version : Yoakum vs Gonzales

underthetepee
09-21-2014, 08:48 PM
Got to like the Apaches on the Reservation. Going for 5 in a row!

YTBulldogs
09-21-2014, 08:55 PM
Should be a tuffy like always over there when we try to come and take it. I know we will not be taking the Apaches lightly. They are getting that new system down.

Snotbubbles
09-21-2014, 11:16 PM
Sure bet Gonsalez is missing Lock about now. He has Southside undefeated, and I'm not sure they ever started 3-0, and probably never won 3 games in a season before. I see he put in his tough run game and they are doing well with it. Still can't believe he took the Apaches deep last year, then get's showed the door. Crazy. One day, like to hear the real truth behind this.

Regards to this game. Since I think Yoakum is the best in D2, R4, I have to go with them here. They run so many backs, they'll always be fresh when their number is called. I hear one of their top LB'ers return for his first game of the year. He can also be the big pounder, cause he too runs the rock. Heard he is the one back, that can make ya pay when you hit him. Nice weapon to have, late in games. Plus, as mentioned above, it's been a few years since Yoakum won in the rivalry clash. G is getting the hang of the new offense (so they say) but--that OL from last year is gone. Best I seen as a unit. Mojo will not help ya this year Apaches. Takes a few more games before they get this new system down.

Yoakum 40
Gonsalez 0

YTBulldogs
09-22-2014, 08:17 AM
Yoakum 40
Gonsalez 0

No way snot. This will be a battle. Some of this prediction stems from your history with GZ I think. GZ can right a lot of early season wrongs here. Plus, a week to prepare and get the new system down better.

iFootball
09-22-2014, 09:18 AM
No way snot. This will be a battle. Some of this prediction stems from your history with GZ I think. GZ can right a lot of early season wrongs here. Plus, a week to prepare and get the new system down better.

Gonzales will be better prepared but Yoakum has the better team. I'll go with Yoakum by two scores.

YTBulldogs
09-22-2014, 09:24 AM
Gonzales will be better prepared but Yoakum has the better team. I'll go with Yoakum by two scores.

Hope so, iFootball? We have been manhandled in recent years by the Apaches. In the past, they'd pound us with a massive OL and talented RB's, that would hit those lanes a truck could drive through. I do think we match up better against the spread, then a team that just pounds it, over and over. Getting our talented LB'er back for his first game of the year, will help should a team try running it.

Lombardi
09-22-2014, 11:14 AM
Heard against Navarro The Apaches ran some 2013 plays for the RB/QB. Will the Dawgs end the 4 year drought? Should be a high scoring affair.

GobblersUnite
09-22-2014, 09:36 PM
I've only seen Gonzo this year...I hope they found that all state RB they have. He only carried it 6 times against us. I know it's a "new" system but when you have a talented runner like Ramirez you have change what you do somewhat to adhere to your talent. Yoakum by 17.

bigcat8
09-23-2014, 11:28 AM
They are saving him for the playoffs
I've only seen Gonzo this year...I hope they found that all state RB they have. He only carried it 6 times against us. I know it's a "new" system but when you have a talented runner like Ramirez you have change what you do somewhat to adhere to your talent. Yoakum by 17.

Scoop27
09-23-2014, 12:21 PM
http://www.texasthunderradio.com/

GobblersUnite
09-23-2014, 12:25 PM
:thumbsup::thumbsup:
They are saving him for the playoffs

Wow...I didn't realize he was in his late 30s! :rolleyes:

bigcat8
09-23-2014, 03:23 PM
late 30's? Huh?
:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Wow...I didn't realize he was in his late 30s! :rolleyes:

region4fan
09-23-2014, 04:06 PM
Gonna be a close one. Gonzales has had Yoakum's number the past few years.

Blue42
09-23-2014, 04:41 PM
I like the Dawgs in this one.

GobblersUnite
09-23-2014, 05:19 PM
late 30's? Huh?

Saving him for the playoffs....being sarcastic

YTBulldogs
09-23-2014, 08:22 PM
Getting our talented LB'er back for his first game of the year, will help should a team try running it.

Spoke too soon. He's elected to have knee surgery and will have it tomorrow. Done for the season.

regaleagle
09-24-2014, 04:57 AM
Yoakum just too strong for Gonzo this season.....it's their year. What's the status on Hights going forward?

YTBulldogs
09-24-2014, 09:25 AM
Surgery today, most likely done for season. Really liked to of had him at LB'er and some tough run's from RB reagle.

regaleagle
09-24-2014, 04:16 PM
Yep....too bad. Sounds kinda like the Sizelove deal for Argyle last year....but even earlier! Tough to lose one of the best players and senior leaders on your squad, esp. when the team is positioned to make a deep run. I hope they all come together with his loss for the season and make it special for everybody connected.

YTBulldogs
09-24-2014, 08:34 PM
Yep....too bad. Sounds kinda like the Sizelove deal for Argyle last year....but even earlier! Tough to lose one of the best players and senior leaders on your squad, esp. when the team is positioned to make a deep run. I hope they all come together with his loss for the season and make it special for everybody connected.

Your thinking of the wrong T. Hights I believe. One we lost (hasn't played since #2 scrimmage) is only a junior, and is a LB/RB. The other Hights (TCU bound) is fine and dandy and hasn't missed a practice or game all year.

underthetepee
09-25-2014, 12:11 PM
Game time is steadily approaching. The Apaches will be physical vs the dawgs. Got faith we will get the W in this game. We had 2 weeks to get ready

YTBulldogs
09-25-2014, 02:48 PM
Game time is steadily approaching. The Apaches will be physical vs the dawgs. Got faith we will get the W in this game. We had 2 weeks to get ready

There ya go.:thumbsup: Should be a good one.

region4fan
09-26-2014, 11:30 AM
How did the JV and freshman do?

YTBulldogs
09-26-2014, 02:33 PM
freshman tied 22 all, GZ wins JV game like 28-6 (something like that).

regaleagle
09-26-2014, 03:44 PM
Your thinking of the wrong T. Hights I believe. One we lost (hasn't played since #2 scrimmage) is only a junior, and is a LB/RB. The other Hights (TCU bound) is fine and dandy and hasn't missed a practice or game all year.

Well now....I reckon that makes a might bit of a big difference, don't it? What are they....brothers?

Pudlugger
09-26-2014, 11:24 PM
Any updates on this game?

region4fan
09-26-2014, 11:28 PM
Yoakum 51. Gonzo 26

Lombardi
09-27-2014, 08:24 AM
Congrats to the dawgs-The streak has come to a screeching halt.

underthetepee
09-27-2014, 08:29 AM
We played well in the first half and then the wheels fell off. Defensively we have got to get it together. Bellville will be tough but we did beat them in the playoffs last year. Got faith in the Apaches.

Snotbubbles
09-27-2014, 09:33 AM
I'd say, Yoakum "Came and Took it!!!!"

YTBulldogs
09-27-2014, 09:59 AM
Nice win Dogs. Total dominance after the break. Love the 400 yards rushing stat, and the quality depth in that backfield. Pick your poison. That will be big factor in D15 play. Fresh backs all night long. Think we had 4 or 5 backs average nearly 10 yards a carrier. OL has made great strides (most noticeable upgrade) since EB game. Good luck GZ.

bigcat8
09-27-2014, 10:39 AM
What is going on in Gun town?

region4fan
09-27-2014, 11:13 AM
Way to go DOGS on getting it done! Didn't make the game but was watching the updates on friday night rivals and looked like Gonzales controlled the first half. I was like, not again. Then it looked like Yoakums D shut the door on them.