PDA

View Full Version : #3 Graham (3-1) vs #6 Big Spring (4-0)

Rattler
09-21-2014, 07:12 PM
Steers vs Steers!! Which bovine wins this contest?

regaleagle
09-21-2014, 07:33 PM
There were two Steers sitting on a hill, looking down at all the young heifers in the valley. The younger Steer says to the older one...."Daddy, daddy....look at all them good-lookin' heifers down there....let's go get us some. The older one says back....Yeah, son they look nice....but we're Steers!!!

db8coach
09-21-2014, 08:55 PM
I think Graham takes this one. And I say that as a fan of the Steers.

hollywood
09-21-2014, 10:27 PM
Graham doesn't lose at home very often. It'll be a challenge for both, but I think Big Spring has the offense to give Graham all they want. If Graham can contain Tannehill and put enough pressure to force him to throw Hail Marys all night, they can beat them. Otherwise, it'll be a long night for the Steers of Graham. Unless the refs from San Angelo area show up! :D Hahaha

Seriously, this should be another really good game. I think it'll be a high scoring shootout. The team with the ball in the end wins. I'm pulling for Graham. Another region 1 showdown.

slingshot
09-21-2014, 11:10 PM
I'm thinking Big Spring takes this one... Tannehill is the real deal--smart (3 yr starter), has a good arm, shifty and blazing fast in the open field.

D'Highlander
09-22-2014, 05:35 AM
I wish ESPN would do this game... or at least FSSW. This game would get more views than the Rangers at this point.

Ville-D
09-22-2014, 09:32 AM
I wish ESPN would do this game... or at least FSSW. This game would get more views than the Rangers at this point.

That would sure piss-off db8coach. Or is that DA8coach?

Tink4392
09-22-2014, 09:40 AM
I think it will be a shoot out the first half, but I believe the Graham Steers will get there defense under control after the half and continue to put pressure on Tannehill with their D-Line. I take the Graham Steers at home by 14.

db8coach
09-22-2014, 09:45 AM
That would sure piss-off db8coach. Or is that DA8coach?

The Stephenville/Cooper game proved that the TV focus hurts the home/favored team.....so.

Caprocker
09-22-2014, 09:49 AM
I'm thinking Big Spring takes this one... Tannehill is the real deal--smart (3 yr starter), has a good arm, shifty and blazing fast in the open field.

Graham will be his biggest test yet..

Caprocker
09-22-2014, 09:50 AM
I think Graham takes this one. And I say that as a fan of the Steers.
which steers lol

hollywood
09-22-2014, 09:55 AM
The Stephenville/Cooper game proved that the TV focus hurts the home/favored team.....so.

I will say that it did have an effect. Even the coaches appeared to be on edge. Lubbock Cooper had nothing to lose. Odds were already against them.

Snotbubbles
09-22-2014, 09:59 AM
Graham will be his biggest test yet..

The "real" loss to Tivy was a good test too.

db8coach
09-22-2014, 10:01 AM
All Steers...Farwell, FW Northside, Rochester, Robert Lee, Big Spring, Graham...I think that's it.

slingshot
09-22-2014, 10:08 AM
Graham will be his biggest test yet..No doubt. Graham's defense is the real deal but I do believe Tannehill will give them fits.

db8coach
09-22-2014, 10:48 AM
I will say that it did have an effect. Even the coaches appeared to be on edge. Lubbock Cooper had nothing to lose. Odds were already against them.

Weren't you one of those that said TV was good?

hollywood
09-22-2014, 10:49 AM
Graham's D has not been tested with an explosive offense like Big Spring's yet. Argyle's offense is not explosive at all. They just ground and pound with Ralston and then hit a completion every now and then to keep the defense honest. Argyle had around 350 yards of effense against Graham and about 200 yards of that came from Ralston on 45+ carries of the rock. Argyle is not the caliber of team they were last year by any stretch of the imagination. Very solid obviously but not explosive. Sadler gave them that level. Big Spring will bring a whole other level of explosiveness to the game for Graham's defense to slow down. This will be a great game for Graham to adjust its defense to this caliber of offense. No question it will help them prepare for later in the season.

Caprocker
09-22-2014, 10:50 AM
The "real" loss to Tivy was a good test too.

we didnt lose to tivy last time i checked..check the stats

Sville
09-22-2014, 10:50 AM

As much as it pains me to admit this to you db8, I think your points about natl TV were valid in our game.

hollywood
09-22-2014, 10:51 AM

Yes, there is positives with the negatives though. The positives outweigh the negatives.

hollywood
09-22-2014, 10:52 AM
we didnt lose to tivy last time i checked..check the stats

Stats don't always tell the story Caprocker. ;)

jason
09-22-2014, 10:56 AM
this game is in big spring, correct?

slingshot
09-22-2014, 10:57 AM

Stats said we dominated Argyle... scoreboard said otherwise.

Caprocker
09-22-2014, 11:06 AM
Stats said we dominated Argyle... scoreboard said otherwise.

Ok in that case we won by more since we spotted them 7 extra points and there was a long run called back on a missed call..there was also a personal foul that was missed in the 1st quarter that resulted in a punt and there was a hold missed on a would be sack and there was a dude in the concession stand that said we couldnt win so..yeah you guys are correct..we lost..lets call tivy and concede.

Caprocker
09-22-2014, 11:08 AM
this game is in big spring, correct?

in gram

Rattler
09-22-2014, 11:09 AM
Game is in Graham @ 7:30

Aguilafanatico
09-22-2014, 11:43 AM
Graham's D has not been tested with an explosive offense like Big Spring's yet. Argyle's offense is not explosive at all. They just ground and pound with Ralston and then hit a completion every now and then to keep the defense honest. Argyle had around 350 yards of effense against Graham and about 200 yards of that came from Ralston on 45+ carries of the rock. Argyle is not the caliber of team they were last year by any stretch of the imagination. Very solid obviously but not explosive. Sadler gave them that level. Big Spring will bring a whole other level of explosiveness to the game for Graham's defense to slow down. This will be a great game for Graham to adjust its defense to this caliber of offense. No question it will help them prepare for later in the season.

Respect your opinion re: Argyle not being expolsive but your wrong. Ground and Pound is a gameplan, not the result of a lack of explosiveness. As Cooper grows, the offense expands. Drops and off-target throws Friday night made Nick the best option. Ground game success made him the only option. Plenty of guys on the O that can go but if your stacking 8-9 in the box and Nick is still moving the chains............

Graham's defense is good but not great. D-line is strong but either had a bad game overall or just wore out from the pounding. Either way, i didn't see much of a pass rush from that group. LBs, (especially in the middle) are really active and made alot of plays. Secondary is suspect though Argyle didn't challenge them as much as I would have liked. Played really soft most of the game and Argyle receivers were open most of the night. I expect Graham to have a better game vs Big Spring as their D was on the field too long vs Argyle and looked really fatigued in the end. An explosive offense that doesn't stay on the field as long may play into Graham's favor.....unless that offense scores on every possession.

db8coach
09-22-2014, 12:40 PM

I'm agreeing with caprocker there...at the end of the day today and decades from now...the record will show that Big Spring beat Tivy in 2014.

regaleagle
09-22-2014, 01:34 PM

Hollywood, you just stated on the Stephenville ESPN thread how "early" it still is and how a really good team may not really show its true dominance until the playoffs. Argyle is still very much a "work in progress" team allowing its youth to grow in their system. I was not at the Graham game, but heard from several Argyle people that quite a few passes (good passes) from Cooper Rodgers should have been completed. Obviously there were open recievers(13-24,146 yds. passing), so if Argyle(who right now rushes more) can get that many yds. passing even with the drops, what can a Big Spring team do to the Graham secondary with a passing, mobile qb and more experienced recievers? I think this will be the big question mark that Graham will need to answer this week. I think we all know that BS will be throwing the rock around.

hollywood
09-22-2014, 02:15 PM
Hollywood, you just stated on the Stephenville ESPN thread how "early" it still is and how a really good team may not really show its true dominance until the playoffs. Argyle is still very much a "work in progress" team allowing its youth to grow in their system. I was not at the Graham game, but heard from several Argyle people that quite a few passes (good passes) from Cooper Rodgers should have been completed. Obviously there were open recievers(13-24,146 yds. passing), so if Argyle(who right now rushes more) can get that many yds. passing even with the drops, what can a Big Spring team do to the Graham secondary with a passing, mobile qb and more experienced recievers? I think this will be the big question mark that Graham will need to answer this week. I think we all know that BS will be throwing the rock around.

Agreed regaleagle. Every team is starting to polish the leather so to speak. Fine tuning and tweaking the dials to get the perfect formula to be the best they can be. The Jr TE Argyle has, missed one huge catch early on that would have been a big gain. Several mistakes by both Graham and Argyle that could have made more of a difference in the outcome either way. IMO, Argyle's first drive that ended with a TD set the tone for the game. That was a statement drive right there. Kept the Graham fans in their seats in a state of "uh oh, not again!" lol

regaleagle
09-22-2014, 02:18 PM
This game this week in Region 1 D1 is the first of a "round robin" of games that will impact the rankings, but may not have much of an effect on who plays whom in the playoffs. There's still lots of seasoning left to add to the mixture before any of us can tell exactly who the teams will be that emerge as the favorites, jmo. It could be Graham, Big Spring, Stephenville, Andrews, Argyle, La Grange, Navasota(no problem), Robinson, etc,etc,etc.....we really don't know at this juncture of the season yet. The seasoning has just not yet been added to the mixture.

regaleagle
09-22-2014, 03:14 PM
This game this week in Region 1 D1 is the first of a "round robin" of games that will impact the rankings, but may not have much of an effect on who plays whom in the playoffs. There's still lots of seasoning left to add to the mixture before any of us can tell exactly who the teams will be that emerge as the favorites, jmo. It could be Graham, Big Spring, Stephenville, Andrews, Argyle, La Grange, Navasota(no problem), Robinson, etc,etc,etc.....we really don't know at this juncture of the season yet. The seasoning has just not yet been added to the mixture.

I didn't mean to leave Abilene Wylie or others out of the mix.....they are a very good ball club in Region 1. And so are many, many others across the state....too many at this juncture to list them all, lol.

Deuce
09-23-2014, 08:47 AM
Tannehill getting any offers?

Tom Foolery
09-23-2014, 09:42 AM
Everyone who says that Argyle offense is not explosive or that Wylie dominated Argyle in the stat catagory is not taking account of the turnovers. When a defense is creating turnovers, pick sixes and short field drives, these all take away yards from the offense. We all need to and want to look at the offensive stats but dont discount the defensive stats when trying to figure out who is the better team.

Caprocker
09-23-2014, 09:47 AM
Tannehill getting any offers?
not yet

Inmateboss
09-23-2014, 09:54 AM

Yes sir, time to man up and stand up!! I think we will do fine in this one, sometimes a loss is a good thing!! Keeps you humble and focused !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - inmateboss

Snotbubbles
09-23-2014, 09:57 AM
sometimes a loss is a good thing!! Keeps you humble and focused !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - inmateboss

Hate when people say this. Never a good thing, when a win is the other option.:doh:

Deuce
09-23-2014, 09:57 AM
Everyone who says that Argyle offense is not explosive or that Wylie dominated Argyle in the stat catagory is not taking account of the turnovers. When a defense is creating turnovers, pick sixes and short field drives, these all take away yards from the offense. We all need to and want to look at the offensive stats but dont discount the defensive stats when trying to figure out who is the better team.

I see your point, but the scoreboard is really the only thing that matters. Anyone who wants to argue stats over the final score is just trying to make excuses. At this point, Argyle is just better than Wylie or Graham until proven otherwise in the playoffs.

briandumith*
09-23-2014, 02:24 PM
Big Springs D is well lets say not the best... Graham D is great... I think that is the deciding factor..last week Argyles D was good and kept our O to just 27 points. I think Graham wins.. I think the Graham D will slow down Tannahill a lot.... The Big Spring O line seems a lil average...and our D line will overwhelm them...It will take a qtr or two but will happen..

briandumith*
09-23-2014, 02:28 PM
Also this is the game of the week for Chan. 6 Wichita Falls.. They are gonna do spots all week on it...

briandumith*
09-23-2014, 02:31 PM
How the heck you put a pic with your name..I am bumfuzzled....

lostaussie
09-23-2014, 03:35 PM
When you only have 6 posts you don't. Can't remember what the criteria is. If you send a big check you can probably go to the front of the line:D

Sweetwater Red
09-23-2014, 04:07 PM
How the heck you put a pic with your name..I am bumfuzzled....

You either need a post count of 1500 or a paypal account.

briandumith*
09-23-2014, 04:09 PM
You either need a post count of 1500 or a paypal account.

Ok thanks

slingshot
09-23-2014, 05:19 PM
Big Springs D is well lets say not the best... Graham D is great... I think that is the deciding factor..last week Argyles D was good and kept our O to just 27 points. I think Graham wins.. I think the Graham D will slow down Tannahill a lot.... The Big Spring O line seems a lil average...and our D line will overwhelm them...It will take a qtr or two but will happen..You may win but your D's tongues will be hanging out from chasing him... kid is amazingly elusive and can flat out fly in the open field. You'll see.

hollywood
09-23-2014, 05:40 PM
You may win but your D's tongues will be hanging out from chasing him... kid is amazingly elusive and can flat out fly in the open field. You'll see.

:lies:

No, seriously.
:iagree:

slingshot
09-23-2014, 07:06 PM
I have seen our (and Stephenville's) defensive linemen and LB's nearly throwing up after chasing him around for 4 quarters. He may not be a D1 QB but he is a D1 athlete--either DB or WR.

briandumith*
09-23-2014, 07:19 PM
I have seen our (and Stephenville's) defensive linemen and LB's nearly throwing up after chasing him around for 4 quarters. He may not be a D1 QB but he is a D1 athlete--either DB or WR.

How do you "nearly throw up" and can this be seen....lol

regaleagle
09-23-2014, 07:50 PM

Yeah...when the boyz "dry barf" on the sidelines the Cheerleaders start screaming......"Oooh Grossss!!!" :speech::ack!:

"

slingshot
09-23-2014, 09:30 PM
How do you "nearly throw up" and can this be seen....lolActually yes. I'm a sideline doc and see it frequently... after practicing for 24 yrs think I'm a pretty good judge of when someone is close to throwing up--sweating profusely, bent over, hands on hips, gasping for air...

slingshot
09-23-2014, 09:30 PM
Yeah...when the boyz "dry barf" on the sidelines the Cheerleaders start screaming......"Oooh Grossss!!!" :speech::ack!:

"This...

hollywood
09-23-2014, 09:43 PM

McWhorter was doing it against Argyle. He was gasping and bent over with hands on hips.
Being ill already didn't help.

briandumith*
09-24-2014, 12:12 AM

"

lol....got it

briandumith*
09-24-2014, 12:15 AM
McWhorter was doing it against Argyle. He was gasping and bent over with hands on hips.
Being ill already didn't help.

slingshot was talking about yalls team I think.. Our guys will be just fine...game time till end.. Think they got past the Virus bug...lol gave it to Argyle

briandumith*
09-24-2014, 12:17 AM
This...

wouldn't it be better to say dry heave ...lol...but i get it!

hollywood
09-24-2014, 07:58 AM
slingshot was talking about yalls team I think.. Our guys will be just fine...game time till end.. Think they got past the Virus bug...lol gave it to Argyle

He's talking about any team. You'll see. I didn't believe it until I saw it. He's one of those frustrating players for the opponent. As soon as you think the D has him corralled, he either throws a miraculous 20 yard completion or scrambles for 20 or more. He'll be the best QB y'all have seen to this season.

slingshot
09-24-2014, 08:12 AM
He's talking about any team. You'll see. I didn't believe it until I saw it. He's one of those frustrating players for the opponent. As soon as you think the D has him corralled, he either throws a miraculous 20 yard completion or scrambles for 20 or more. He'll be the best QB y'all have seen to this season.True. I thought Coach Gillespie (and Coach Sandifer) was going to have an aneurism last year... many times the D would hold them to a 3rd and 13ish--he would run around then throw or run for 15. To see a QB do it once or twice in a game is expected but he does it with regularity. Will drive a DC nuts...

briandumith*
09-24-2014, 01:36 PM
He's talking about any team. You'll see. I didn't believe it until I saw it. He's one of those frustrating players for the opponent. As soon as you think the D has him corralled, he either throws a miraculous 20 yard completion or scrambles for 20 or more. He'll be the best QB y'all have seen to this season.

Dueeaa!....Can we please nominate Hollywood as our thread coach.. I vote so... Now Hollywood go get the big C patch n put it on your POLO shirt.....lol

hollywood
09-24-2014, 03:11 PM
Dueeaa!....Can we please nominate Hollywood as our thread coach.. I vote so... Now Hollywood go get the big C patch n put it on your POLO shirt.....lol

LOL... I can tell we're going to have fun this season. Katy bar the door if Graham and Stephenville end up meeting in the playoffs. Good lah!

:wave:

jason
09-24-2014, 03:18 PM
I will likely be at this game. Probably visitor side.
If anybody can spot me I'll let you buy me a hot dog.

Is the photo on this website accurate?
http://www.texasbob.com/stadium/stadium.php?id=688

It says yall have turf but doesn't look like it.

regaleagle
09-24-2014, 03:28 PM

It was green turf before Ralston played on it. I guess it "died".......

Dawgkillr
09-24-2014, 03:33 PM
It was green turf before Ralston played on it. I guess it "died".......

You've got jokes....I guess everyone is a comedian.

hollywood
09-24-2014, 04:17 PM

http://mediaassets.timesrecordnews.com/photo/2014/08/30/Vernon_at_Graham_FB7_7625140_ver1.0_640_480.jpg

hollywood
09-25-2014, 11:12 AM
http://mediaassets.reporternews.com/photo/2014/08/30/BSvsTivy2_7633607_ver1.0_640_480.jpg

hollywood
09-25-2014, 11:14 AM
http://mediaassets.reporternews.com/photo/2014/08/30/BSvsTivy1_7633606_ver1.0_640_480.jpg

hollywood
09-25-2014, 11:17 AM
http://mediaassets.reporternews.com/photo/2014/08/30/BSvsTivy4_7633609_ver1.0_640_480.jpg

hollywood
09-25-2014, 11:21 AM
http://mediaassets.timesrecordnews.com/photo/2014/09/19/Argyle_at_Graham_FB3_8229725_ver1.0_320_240.jpg

hollywood
09-25-2014, 11:26 AM
http://mediaassets.timesrecordnews.com/photo/2014/09/19/Argyle_at_Graham_FB1_8229697_ver1.0_320_240.jpg

Deuce
09-25-2014, 11:32 AM
http://mediaassets.timesrecordnews.com/photo/2014/09/19/Argyle_at_Graham_FB1_8229697_ver1.0_320_240.jpg

I think this guy and #22 will be key to winning this game splitting time at RB!

Slick50
09-25-2014, 01:51 PM
Anxious to see how our D holds up against a good passing game.

hollywood
09-25-2014, 02:13 PM
Anxious to see how our D holds up against a good passing game.

Slick50, it should be a real good challenge and I mean that in a good way. Big Spring is pretty balanced offensively. Tannehill is very elusive and will extend plays with his quick scramble ability. Graham's DB's will have to be on their game all night. Good luck to the Steers from Graham.

briandumith*
09-25-2014, 05:53 PM
I think this guy and #22 will be key to winning this game splitting time at RB!

They are a great one two punch...to bad were missing the third part of the three headed attack but they will do nicely!!

briandumith*
09-25-2014, 05:57 PM
Martin had 120 yard and three TD's against a very good Argyle D...look out!

briandumith*
09-25-2014, 06:02 PM
I am chatting with #99 right now.... he is pumped and ready for the game....

Slick50
09-26-2014, 08:32 AM
http://weknowmemes.com/generator/uploads/generated/g1378128137309635549.jpg

jason
09-26-2014, 09:31 AM
best way to get to graham from stephenville?

Sweetwater Red
09-26-2014, 09:37 AM

By Jeep

hollywood
09-26-2014, 09:46 AM

Through Mineral Wells. It's 1.5 hr drive unless you speed. And there are DPS troopers patrolling... we almost got stopped. :eek: Ville-D has a bad mo fo radar detector thankfully.

briandumith*
09-26-2014, 04:18 PM

Yes we have turf...very good turf too..the pro stuff!

briandumith*
09-26-2014, 04:20 PM
that photo is from 9 yrs ago...

briandumith*
09-26-2014, 04:28 PM
3800 cap...did not know that..

Ville-D
09-26-2014, 04:54 PM
3800 cap...did not know that..

Hey Brian, I see you finally made it the the DL. Welcome.

Razorback88
09-26-2014, 05:19 PM
Capacity 3800? ***!!!! Are ya'll playing 2A ball LOL!!!!!!!!
Mustang Bowl in Andrews holds 10,000, SW Bowl holds 7500, Memorial Stadium in BS holds 10,000, Estes Stadium in Monahans holds 7500. Sad venue!!!LOL!!!

hollywood
09-26-2014, 06:41 PM
Capacity 3800? ***!!!! Are ya'll playing 2A ball LOL!!!!!!!!
Mustang Bowl in Andrews holds 10,000, SW Bowl holds 7500, Memorial Stadium in BS holds 10,000, Estes Stadium in Monahans holds 7500. Sad venue!!!LOL!!!

Oil boom helped those areas decades ago. Graham is just a little ole country town and didn't have the royalties if oil money like the West Texas towns.

regaleagle
09-26-2014, 06:48 PM

Personally, I prefer by helicopter. You can have a few beverages of your chosen preference on the way and have your pilot set you down right on the 50....before pregame warmups, naturally.

jason
09-26-2014, 08:05 PM
Big spring offense so far is hand off for no gain and let tannehill scramble and run or throw up a jump ball.

Phantom Stang
09-26-2014, 08:10 PM
Big Spring 7
Graham 6
2nd qtr

Phantom Stang
09-26-2014, 08:28 PM
Big Spring 14
Graham 6
Less than 6 min left in 2nd qtr

lostaussie
09-26-2014, 08:30 PM
Big Spring 14
Graham 6
Less than 6 min left in 2nd qtrOh my!!!

Phantom Stang
09-26-2014, 08:41 PM
Big Spring 14
Graham 14
3:20 left in half

Phantom Stang
09-26-2014, 08:49 PM
Big Spring 21
Graham 14
under a minute left in half

lostaussie
09-26-2014, 08:56 PM
This one going to be good

Phantom Stang
09-26-2014, 08:57 PM
Big Spring 27
Graham 14
Halftime

Phantom Stang
09-26-2014, 10:08 PM
Big Spring 27
Graham 20
9:30 left in game

db8coach
09-26-2014, 10:25 PM
Big Spring 27
Graham 20
9:30 left in game

Big Spring is getting opportune turnovers from what it sounds like on the radio broadcast.

db8coach
09-26-2014, 10:36 PM
Graham driving...BS interception in the endzone to end the game.

Phantom Stang
09-26-2014, 10:38 PM
Big Spring 27
Graham 20
Final

bearbear78
09-26-2014, 10:42 PM
Congrats to BS on a win tonight...you guys WANTED it and you came to play....way too mannnnny mistakes on our end tonight!!!!!

bearbear78
09-26-2014, 10:43 PM
This BS Steer team is legit...no joke!!! With the oil boom in their back yard look for.them to only get better with revolving talent.

slingshot
09-26-2014, 10:44 PM
Been telling y'all Big Spring is for real.... Think I'm gonna skip our game with Snyder and catch Big Spring vs S'ville at Big Spring.

hollywood
09-26-2014, 10:50 PM
Congrats to BS on a win tonight...you guys WANTED it and you came to play....way too mannnnny mistakes on our end tonight!!!!!

Tough loss Graham. Sounds like it was a great game. Congrats to Big Spring. Good luck Graham.

hollywood
09-26-2014, 10:53 PM
Been telling y'all Big Spring is for real.... Think I'm gonna skip our game with Snyder and catch Big Spring vs S'ville at Big Spring.

After seeing them last season and knowing what they had coming back, I knew they would be a tough out this season. I tried to tell Graham folks this, they know now. Big Spring and Stephenville will be another battle for sure. Stephenville will have to continue to improve on D to make another deep run. DB's are small and have a hard time defending the pass. DL is good, LB's are good, DB's need work! Still have a few weeks.

slingshot
09-26-2014, 10:56 PM
How 'bout a GTG at Al's BBQ in Big Spring at 5:30 before the game? Great ribs... and free homemade ice cream for desert.

hollywood
09-26-2014, 11:04 PM
How 'bout a GTG at Al's BBQ in Big Spring at 5:30 before the game? Great ribs... and free homemade ice cream for desert.

Sounds like a plan. I'll have to check schedule first! May have soccer or volleyball too early on Sat. I'll update.

I'll message ya slingshot to plan.

bearbear78
09-26-2014, 11:12 PM
After seeing them last season and knowing what they had coming back, I knew they would be a tough out this season. I tried to tell Graham folks this, they know now. Big Spring and Stephenville will be another battle for sure. Stephenville will have to continue to improve on D to make another deep run. DB's are small and have a hard time defending the pass. DL is good, LB's are good, DB's need work! Still have a few weeks.

Its like nothing worked tonight. We had NUMEROUS passes that should have been caught and again the turnovers HURT. Just like last week we were marching down field to tie it or win it and we close it with a pick!!! Either way Big Springs foundation is solid and there are a lot of families moving in there with the boom , so theyre not going away any time soon....and that QB will wear a D out! Not to mention he does have a freaking rocket launcher of an arm.

hollywood
09-26-2014, 11:19 PM
Its like nothing worked tonight. We had NUMEROUS passes that should have been caught and again the turnovers HURT. Just like last week we were marching down field to tie it or win it and we close it with a pick!!! Either way Big Springs foundation is solid and there are a lot of families moving in there with the boom , so theyre not going away any time soon....and that QB will wear a D out! Not to mention he does have a freaking rocket launcher of an arm.

I feel the frustration except Sville had the offense to counter. Tannehill is deceptively elusive enough to extend what looks like a defensive stop. Baffling

Ville-D
09-26-2014, 11:21 PM

sounds good

bearbear78
09-27-2014, 12:30 AM
I feel the frustration except Sville had the offense to counter. Tannehill is deceptively elusive enough to extend what looks like a defensive stop. Baffling
Really was just a strange game...no way you would think it was close as it was with all the mistakes we made...refs.didnt call a 12 men on the field which pissed me off in the fourth but I dont know that it would have changed anything with us turning the ball over . We have some serious work to do if we want a deep run again and I mean serious work. I dont care who I piss off. Thats just a fact. As far as top 4A teams.....I really feel the Eagles up north cant handle the Jackets and seeing this BS Steer team tonight I think theyd have a hard time with them too...that QB didnt expose us near as bad as he could have. Definately an off night.for Graham but there is still time to work the kinks out.

Caprocker
09-27-2014, 02:22 AM
Bs forced 6 turnovers, stopped graham on 4th down a couple times, and all the while assessed 13 penalties for 130 yds. I would say that the bs steers had something to do with Graham's off night. It was a great game..

jason
09-27-2014, 08:20 AM
My thoughts.

Graham
Defense is solid. Their D-line is tough. Shut down the Big Spring running game for the most part, outside of one long run (that I can remember) and a couple Tannehil scrambles. Their offense isn't very good. A lot of dropped passes and didn't have much of a running game. The QB did have a good run to score late. Too many turnovers - somebody teach the QB how to run with the ball!! Graham isn't nearly good enough to make it out of the region - no way they are a top 10. I realize they have some injuries but as they stand now, they're not very good right now.

Big Spring
Defense is decent. Didn't have many long runs, I can remember one in the second half by #4. Again, they seem to live and die by the Tannehill scramble and throw it up jump ball. Question for you Big Spring folks - when Tannehill drops back to punt does he have the right of way to try and run for the first down if he thinks he can get it? He tried to run for one last night that he had no business trying to get - lucky that didn't cost them. I don't think this years team is nearly as good as last years.

Overall - both teams had several drops, lots of penalties, and missed opportunities. I agree the better team of the two won the game, but it was SLOPPY!! Would like to see a box score with stats.

Just my opinions - I don't really know anything.

Caprocker
09-27-2014, 09:37 AM
Yeah Jason neither team is on the level of the ville.

slingshot
09-27-2014, 10:18 AM
Yeah Jason neither team is on the level of the ville.Neither is the ville...

Smitty
09-27-2014, 10:19 AM

The Ville has a lot to do on the defensive side of the ball to compete in this district! The offense is solid, but if they (offense) have an off night the Jackets are toast. A good passing team will shred the Jackets defensive backfield.
Alvarado last night had open receivers all over the field. Not sure if that was the game plan to play soft because the Indians are a run oriented offense or what. The Jackets will have some work to do the next two weeks to get ready for district.

jason
09-27-2014, 11:10 AM

Sorry, I don't remember saying either team wasn't.
From what I had heard about Big Spring I would have picked them to beat Stephenville at home this year.

bearbear78
09-27-2014, 11:16 AM
[QUOth08]Sorry, I don't remember saying either team wasn't.
From what I had heard about Big Spring I would have picked them to beat Stephenville at home this year.[/QUOTE]
Ville D is capable of shutting Tannahill down and he like to air it out....thatll get him in trouble fast with the jackets. Bs is damn sure salty though. Defense was surprisingly quick.

Deuce
09-27-2014, 11:25 AM
My thoughts.

Graham
Defense is solid. Their D-line is tough. Shut down the Big Spring running game for the most part, outside of one long run (that I can remember) and a couple Tannehil scrambles. Their offense isn't very good. A lot of dropped passes and didn't have much of a running game. The QB did have a good run to score late. Too many turnovers - somebody teach the QB how to run with the ball!! Graham isn't nearly good enough to make it out of the region - no way they are a top 10. I realize they have some injuries but as they stand now, they're not very good right now.

Big Spring
Defense is decent. Didn't have many long runs, I can remember one in the second half by #4. Again, they seem to live and die by the Tannehill scramble and throw it up jump ball. Question for you Big Spring folks - when Tannehill drops back to punt does he have the right of way to try and run for the first down if he thinks he can get it? He tried to run for one last night that he had no business trying to get - lucky that didn't cost them. I don't think this years team is nearly as good as last years.

Overall - both teams had several drops, lots of penalties, and missed opportunities. I agree the better team of the two won the game, but it was SLOPPY!! Would like to see a box score with stats.

Just my opinions - I don't really know anything.

I have to agree with most of this! The good thing is that there is still time for improvement. You can't turn the ball over as many times as Graham and expect to make a deep run. Credit to BS, they did what they needed to.

Dawgs
09-27-2014, 01:26 PM
Neither is the ville...

That's a good one. If Ville was as good as poster on this site said they would beat every 4a team by 100!

Aguilafanatico
09-27-2014, 01:41 PM

Uh oh. Argyle gets touchdowns on both 52yd and 42yd passes to players not named Ralston, vs a very athletic Paris team. Could it be that Argyle is more explosive than some named Hollywood would suggest? It's all about the game plan. QB Rodgers passed for 255 yds and 3tds. Not bad for a "solid but not explosive" offense.

2muchOffense
09-27-2014, 02:31 PM
My opinion of this Jacket team is that we better tighten up.....on both sides of the ball. I'm extremely concerned with the pass defense. We have some tough games coming up against some really good offenses, I'm not sure we can make stops. Say what you will, but the Alvarado coaches completely dropped the ball on their play calling. They were moving the ball with the pass very effectively. Why stop? Instead you run it time and time again into the teeth of the defense? Made no sense. I'm betting the power teams in region 1 will not abandon the pass. It has to be a concern. Jacket fans, we better stop assuming that we will win games just by showing up. You can't honestly sit here and say you feel good about last night. Yes the score was great, but we struggled. I don't care about our stats, we let a very average team hang around. A really good team will hit us in the mouth. We need to improve and do it quick. The district championship depends on it.

hollywood
09-27-2014, 03:42 PM
I know this is a Big Spring/Graham thread. Both teams are solid 4A teams.

To comment on the Ville's D, yes I completely agree that the pass D has to get better. Personnel changes will have to happen. Sorry if that offends anyone, but the DB's are not only small but aren't fast enough to cover bigger WR's. Put the athletes on the field. Some may have to go both ways from time to time, who cares. Most 4A teams have 2-way starters. At least in situational downs. But then again, I have to believe the coaches know what their doing. It's about development NOW for the road AHEAD. I just want to see improvement in 2 weeks while the Jackets have an open week to prepare and get better.

2muchOffense
09-27-2014, 03:47 PM
Agree!

slingshot
09-27-2014, 05:35 PM
...I just want to see improvement in 2 weeks while the Jackets have an open week to prepare and get better.I have no doubt they will... That being said, you know Tannehill will throw it all over the field. Wylie is more of a spread short passing to set up the run team but with Kleffner hurt I think we will have to fall back on our other strength--a DI 6'5" 260 lb TE that can catch, 6'5" 215 lb and 6'4" 210 lb WR's and a DI 6'2" 210 lb RB that can catch it coming out of the backfield. District should be fun.

regaleagle
09-27-2014, 05:51 PM
Personally, I feel like Wylie has the most potential in that district to come out on top. I haven't seen Big Spring, but defense wins championships. When you have good athletes and 2 highly capable qbs in your arsenal, combined with all those big boys to boot, the Bulldogs can become a force. Whether or not that comes to fruition is another thing, but the potential is there, jmo. The loss of Kleffner may be cause for concern, but Wylie has enough seniors and athletes on that team to make up the difference. I think they will only get better and better as the season progresses.

Ville-D
09-29-2014, 10:36 AM

There will be nothing to see there...

Caprocker
09-29-2014, 10:37 AM
There will be nothing to see there...
true..should be a blowout..the ville is just too loaded.

Ville-D
09-29-2014, 10:52 AM
true..should be a blowout..the ville is just too loaded.

Not what I was saying, but read it how you want.

hollywood
09-29-2014, 11:29 AM
Personally, I feel like Wylie has the most potential in that district to come out on top. I haven't seen Big Spring, but defense wins championships. When you have good athletes and 2 highly capable qbs in your arsenal, combined with all those big boys to boot, the Bulldogs can become a force. Whether or not that comes to fruition is another thing, but the potential is there, jmo. The loss of Kleffner may be cause for concern, but Wylie has enough seniors and athletes on that team to make up the difference. I think they will only get better and better as the season progresses.

The best complete team wins championships. Not just defense. The reason I say this is because relfect back to 2012. Stephenville's defense was slightly above avarage for 3A (4A now). But the offense was on a whole other level. In this case, the best defense is an offense that can score on just about every possession. Just my $.02.

the Ville 89
09-29-2014, 11:36 AM
I have no doubt they will... That being said, you know Tannehill will throw it all over the field. Wylie is more of a spread short passing to set up the run team but with Kleffner hurt I think we will have to fall back on our other strength--a DI 6'5" 260 lb TE that can catch, 6'5" 215 lb and 6'4" 210 lb WR's and a DI 6'2" 210 lb RB that can catch it coming out of the backfield. District should be fun.

Wow... with that kind of size you guys should win state in 5A. Whats happening are they under performing? I've seen Argyle and Graham.. no way you lose with that kind of size.
JS.

hollywood
09-29-2014, 11:44 AM
I have no doubt they will... That being said, you know Tannehill will throw it all over the field. Wylie is more of a spread short passing to set up the run team but with Kleffner hurt I think we will have to fall back on our other strength--a DI 6'5" 260 lb TE that can catch, 6'5" 215 lb and 6'4" 210 lb WR's and a DI 6'2" 210 lb RB that can catch it coming out of the backfield. District should be fun.

Rocket, did you nab slingshots user and password??? 6'4"/6'5" receivers? :D

the Ville 89
09-29-2014, 12:06 PM
I know this is a Big Spring/Graham thread. Both teams are solid 4A teams.

To comment on the Ville's D, yes I completely agree that the pass D has to get better. Personnel changes will have to happen. Sorry if that offends anyone, but the DB's are not only small but aren't fast enough to cover bigger WR's. Put the athletes on the field. Some may have to go both ways from time to time, who cares. Most 4A teams have 2-way starters. At least in situational downs. But then again, I have to believe the coaches know what their doing. It's about development NOW for the road AHEAD. I just want to see improvement in 2 weeks while the Jackets have an open week to prepare and get better.

Hollywood, just curious who you think could help from the O to the D? Aside from Williams and Stidham.

nobogey72
09-29-2014, 12:06 PM
Rocket, did you nab slingshots user and password??? 6'4"/6'5" receivers? :D

I know it probably sounds like he is exagerating, but he isn't. Those heights are legit. None of them are exactly speed burners but they run pretty well for their size. It does cause some matchup problems for shorter corners. Despite their size, it still takes protection and a QB that can make the throws. We have gotten better each week, (except for the Graham game which we have all tried to purge from our memories).

slingshot
09-29-2014, 01:18 PM
Wow... with that kind of size you guys should win state in 5A. Whats happening are they under performing? I've seen Argyle and Graham.. no way you lose with that kind of size.
JS.One word--turnovers. We had 5 in each of those games. That and everyone of our skill position players are new starters this year--early season was a challenge with the schedule we had. Now working out the miscues and getting kids up to speed. Defense has played stellar--offense is improving weekly. We'll be ready come district...

BB BULLS
09-29-2014, 01:21 PM
BS must not have lost a alot starters from last year. anyone know how many they had come back

Sweetwater Red
09-29-2014, 01:39 PM
BS must not have lost a alot starters from last year. anyone know how many they had come back

Allegedly, they returned three on offense and one on defense.

Caprocker
09-29-2014, 01:58 PM
Allegedly, they returned three on offense and one on defense.
6 on O 2 on D

Sweetwater Red
09-29-2014, 02:14 PM
6 on O 2 on D

Yeah. Now that I look again 3 and 1 was actually all-district starters returning, according to preps.

Cam
09-29-2014, 02:21 PM
I'm gonna steer clear on making a prediction on this one!.......

ccmom
09-29-2014, 02:52 PM
I'm gonna steer clear on making a prediction on this one!.......

That would have been funny if you had posted it last week, prior to the game.:doh:

:p

Tom Foolery
09-29-2014, 03:11 PM
LIke i said earlier, Graham put too much into beating only Argyle. After they lost that game, they had a big letdown and Big Spring took advantage of it. Now Graham has to re-group, erase their memory if they want to salvage this season.

Aguilafanatico
09-29-2014, 03:27 PM
Agreed Jub. Prior to the Argyle game I think I heard "After we win we are going to need a smoke" as well as "this is the game our boys have been waiting on". My comment was something about it just being another non-district game for the Eagles. While I believe they really didn't look at it that way, Graham had a lot more to lose (if they lost) than Argyle psychologically imo. I think the Steers will rebound but just as the Paris game last week looked like a trap for Argyle, I assume it was tough for the Steers to rebound for Big Spring.

Ville-D
09-29-2014, 04:22 PM
Agreed Jub. Prior to the Argyle game I think I heard "After we win we are going to need a smoke" as well as "this is the game our boys have been waiting on". My comment was something about it just being another non-district game for the Eagles. While I believe they really didn't look at it that way, Graham had a lot more to lose (if they lost) than Argyle psychologically imo. I think the Steers will rebound but just as the Paris game last week looked like a trap for Argyle, I assume it was tough for the Steers to rebound for Big Spring.

Jub? Argyle Jub?

Cam
09-29-2014, 04:43 PM
That would have been funny if you had posted it last week, prior to the game.:doh:

:p

Well, you didn't complain about BB Bulls making a prediction on the Wylie/LH thread after the game and you thought that was funny!!...You just like pickin' on me!..And, I know you don't like me either!!....least that's what I was told......:taunt:........

Aguilafanatico
09-29-2014, 05:07 PM
A play on the screen name.....

Antlers
09-29-2014, 10:30 PM
I like Tannehill with the Hail Mary all year baby.

Caprocker
09-30-2014, 10:09 AM
I like Tannehill with the Hail Mary all year baby.

it worked pretty well didnt it lol..

Antlers
10-01-2014, 07:13 AM
Yes it did, I thought for a minute they were going to call double dribble on the WR in the endzone Lol. Honestly I think BS has a good Offensive team but like Tivy there defense stinks and that will be there downfall. Good luck the rest of the way and cant wait to see you guys next year.

Caprocker
10-01-2014, 09:53 AM
Yes it did, I thought for a minute they were going to call double dribble on the WR in the endzone Lol. Honestly I think BS has a good Offensive team but like Tivy there defense stinks and that will be there downfall. Good luck the rest of the way and cant wait to see you guys next year.

you guys have a great offense that exposed our stinkiness and 9 new jv guys..we have since rectified some problems and upgraded to malodorous level 2.. hopefully we can be smelling good come district...yes next year should be fun..we will have 9 stinkers back on defense.

Ville-D
10-01-2014, 01:28 PM
A play on the screen name.....

Thought you were referring to George Dunham (from 1310AM The Ticket) His son (a FR) plays for Argyle. I chatted with him at the Argyle/Graham game.

Antlers
10-01-2014, 02:31 PM
you guys have a great offense that exposed our stinkiness and 9 new jv guys..we have since rectified some problems and upgraded to malodorous level 2.. hopefully we can be smelling good come district...yes next year should be fun..we will have 9 stinkers back on defense.

We are in the same boat. We have 10 new starters on Defense and they are not very good but on the bright side our QB Top 3 WR and our 1 RB all return next year
. We should be just as strong on O next year and hopefully the defense will be better.

slingshot
10-01-2014, 10:09 PM
We are in the same boat. We have 10 new starters on Defense and they are not very good but on the bright side our QB Top 3 WR and our 1 RB all return next year
. We should be just as strong on O next year and hopefully the defense will be better.Ya'll might just end up being a very good 4A team yet...

Antlers
10-01-2014, 10:41 PM
Hopefully we can be as good as you.

Antlers
10-01-2014, 10:54 PM
Ya'll might just end up being a very good 4A team yet...

You are Abilene High Right?

Caprocker
10-02-2014, 09:52 AM
Ya'll might just end up being a very good 4A team yet...

shots fired

slingshot
10-02-2014, 10:21 AM
shots firedlmao...

Antlers
10-02-2014, 11:20 AM
lmao...

It's all good. I know what your trying to do but I'm just playing along.