PDA

View Full Version : Jameis Winston

cougartino
09-21-2014, 09:41 AM
Before the knowledgeable sports fans jump all over this kid for dressing out, participating in warm ups, and standing on the sideline during the game, ask this most important question. Why did the adults in charge and/or teammates allow that to happen in the first place? Even after Fischer saw him warming up, he didn't send the kid away. If he were suspended, he should have been told if he wanted to see the game, sit in Section C, Row 10, buy a hot dog and Coke, sit down and shut up!

MJMbrahmas10
09-21-2014, 09:56 AM
What's wrong with him being on the sideline? He said a couple of bad words. Sure he learned them from his junior high coach.

cougartino
09-21-2014, 10:07 AM
What's wrong with him being on the sideline? He said a couple of bad words. Sure he learned them from his junior high coach.

If the reports are true regarding the statement he made, he's a guy who was cleared of sexual assault charges, so that would be the stupidest thing to make a comment about. Then being suspended, he still has the audacity to dress and warm up? At that point, he should have sent packing for the night. This kid just doesn't get it. And the "adults" in the room aren't doing him any favors either. I surely hope not, but I don't think this is the last time we'll here about his shenanigans.

MJMbrahmas10
09-21-2014, 11:59 AM
Makes more sense about the previous case now. But like you said. Have to put just as much blame on superiors who let his actions go un punished.

Saggy Aggie
09-21-2014, 01:04 PM
Allegedly.... He said 'even if she says no' after his original remark...

bobcat1
09-21-2014, 05:16 PM
If the reports are true regarding the statement he made, he's a guy who was cleared of sexual assault charges, so that would be the stupidest thing to make a comment about. Then being suspended, he still has the audacity to dress and warm up? At that point, he should have sent packing for the night. This kid just doesn't get it. And the "adults" in the room aren't doing him any favors either. I surely hope not, but I don't think this is the last time we'll here about his shenanigans.
You and I think the same thoughts again!

caleb_mccaig
09-21-2014, 07:01 PM

For me, him being on the sideline mattered. The suspension started off as only the first half and then the school had to step in and make it the entire game because he apparently wasn't "entirely truthful" on the events that occurred. The kid just doesn't get it and I'm getting tired of it.

cougartino
09-21-2014, 07:47 PM
You and I think the same thoughts again!

For me, him being on the sideline mattered. The suspension started off as only the first half and then the school had to step in and make it the entire game because he apparently wasn't "entirely truthful" on the events that occurred. The kid just doesn't get it and I'm getting tired of it.

:iagree:

Old Timer
09-21-2014, 11:39 PM
He's an embarrassment to his parents, Florida State, Jimbo Fisher, his team, and, among other things, the Heisman trophy.

I don't understand the people who are supposedly in charge of this program and it's athletes.

Here we have a "student" athlete who has five times been at the focal point of embarrassing situations.

The fact that he is still allowed to play football is a slap to the face of everyone who has worked hard to make the sport what it is.

I hope the little punk is humbled and humbled hard eventually.

Sadly, he'll likely make it pro and make more money playing a kids game while acting like an idiotic moron than any of us will make in our lives.

Our world is backwards.....

bobcat1
09-22-2014, 06:44 AM
He's an embarrassment to his parents, Florida State, Jimbo Fisher, his team, and, among other things, the Heisman trophy.

I don't understand the people who are supposedly in charge of this program and it's athletes.

Here we have a "student" athlete who has five times been at the focal point of embarrassing situations.

The fact that he is still allowed to play football is a slap to the face of everyone who has worked hard to make the sport what it is.

Sadly, he'll likely make it pro and make more money playing a kids game while acting like an idiotic moron than any of us will make in our lives.

:iagree::ditto::clap:

speedbump
09-22-2014, 07:45 AM

I doubt he's an embarrassment to his parents. That's usually where it starts.

Slick50
09-22-2014, 08:40 AM
I like how ESPN showed him 900 times during the game. Kids never gonna learn

Rabid Cougar
09-22-2014, 08:42 AM

Are we talking JFF??? :)

Hater
09-22-2014, 10:26 AM
Are we talking JFF??? :)

Getting drunk and partying as a college kid is a little different than sexual assault & theft, is it not?

Sville
09-22-2014, 10:31 AM
On a side note I got a chuckle out of the posters on College Game Day with a picture of Winston's head and lobster arms.

1st and goal
09-22-2014, 11:15 AM
-makes Manziel look like a saint.

The kid is a piece of work and needs help. The alleged rape and the cover up is a scandal. Hopefully, the girl will get her day in court and some heads will roll.

Mostly, I hope that those in high places that have been covering up his actions, will be punished harshly. Maybe the whole program needs to suffer from the top down or bottom up, take your pick.

Rabid Cougar
09-22-2014, 11:29 AM
Getting drunk and partying as a college kid is a little different than sexual assault & theft, is it not?

It is but it the ESPN folks who lambasted JFF while talking up JW, now its the ESPN folk blasting JW.

JJWalker
09-22-2014, 11:38 AM
Clearly no one can say that he is a smart kid ... nor does he appear to have good judgment. That is a shame because it will limit the favor his actual talent could earn him.

Knowing what I know of him, I would not even consider hiring him.

However, I think his punishment was appropriate.

Sville
09-22-2014, 11:49 AM
Clearly no one can say that he is a smart kid ... nor does he appear to have good judgment. That is a shame because it will limit the favor his actual talent could earn him.

Knowing what I know of him, I would not even consider hiring him.

However, I think his punishment was appropriate.

I agree, his immaturity will likely cost him 20 draft slots and several million dollars. He has top 10 draft talent but late round character.

cougartino
09-22-2014, 11:49 AM
Maybe Mack Brown was onto something as to why he didn't want to sign this kid.

Saggy Aggie
09-22-2014, 12:27 PM
I liked the mark may/jameis Winston arrest counter

the genious
09-22-2014, 01:28 PM
If I was the coach I would have made him dress in full pads and told him do not remove your helmet the whole game.. Nothing is worse than standing in pads and not being able to play.. When he is wearing gym shorts there was no way he could have played anyways so it's not as bad! The kid can play football but he obviously needs a handler like Jerry Jones have Dez or he is going to single handily destroy the FSU program

the genious
09-22-2014, 03:40 PM
Something interesting! if you have time go check out the bleacher report article about what the kid the played for FSU against Clemson dad said about Jameus Winston. He did nothing but praise Winston for being a great team mate and great person.. Thought it was interesting given all of the negativity people (myself included) have been giving Winston

GodleyEast
09-22-2014, 03:44 PM
I Love Jameis (someone has to.)

He's a heisman trophy winner, a national champion, and a winner. in the next couple years, he will have amassed more money, and prestige than anyone that has posted against him in this thread combined. He's just a kid. Yep, He likes crab legs, forgot to pay for them one time. was accused of sexual assault (which was BS). Now he has been charged with saying what alot of people have been chuckling about for months on the You tube.

Tired of the PC BS. Totally worn out by people who have never made a mistake (so they say) talking about a kid that already makes what they have accomplished in their lifetime look so miniscule.

I bet everyone who has posted in this thread before me is offended by the name "Redskins".

I realize that all of us are entitled to our own opinion, so I thought I'd give you mine. Have a great day!

Let he without sin cast the first crableg.

caleb_mccaig
09-22-2014, 07:21 PM
I Love Jameis (someone has to.)

He's a heisman trophy winner, a national champion, and a winner. in the next couple years, he will have amassed more money, and prestige than anyone that has posted against him in this thread combined. He's just a kid. Yep, He likes crab legs, forgot to pay for them one time. was accused of sexual assault (which was BS). Now he has been charged with saying what alot of people have been chuckling about for months on the You tube.

Tired of the PC BS. Totally worn out by people who have never made a mistake (so they say) talking about a kid that already makes what they have accomplished in their lifetime look so miniscule.

I bet everyone who has posted in this thread before me is offended by the name "Redskins".

I realize that all of us are entitled to our own opinion, so I thought I'd give you mine. Have a great day!

Let he without sin cast the first crableg.

Normal people unfortunately are not held to the higher standard that a Heisman trophy winner should be. The sexual assault I don't think is BS, but I mean we can't really say he's guilty either. He's not a good kid. Fortunately, he has plenty of time to become a decent human being.

GobblersUnite
09-22-2014, 09:30 PM
Growing up I always seen that the bigger the guy was the softer spoken he was...he never had to raise his voice to get anyone's attention, he just carried himself that way. It was always the smaller man who obnoxious (little man syndrome). This guy is something else and I'm not sure he realizes it. Sad.

cougartino
09-23-2014, 12:49 AM
There was a poster in my 7th grade math class that read, "To error is human. But when the eraser is wearing out before the pencil, you're overdoing it." IMHO, Winston is overdoing it.

1st and goal
09-24-2014, 12:40 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/according-to-lawyer-for-jameis-winston--accuser-s-lawyer-reportedly-asked-for--7-million-132744286.html

She wants 7 million to go away and for some heads to roll. Hope she gets it and the school and Winston have to pay it.

PhiI C
09-24-2014, 03:00 PM
Another victim of society. :(