PDA

View Full Version : Region 4 Week 5 GOTW: Sinton (3-1) at La Vernia (2-1)

SintonFan_inAustin
09-20-2014, 01:27 AM
Sinton comes in averaging 43 pts/game and giving up 27 pts/game after 4 weeks of football

La Vernia comes in averaging 28 pts/game and giving up 13 pts/game in 3 games.

Sinton coming off a win over Beeville 48-20 with qb Tyler Handson sitting out that game, Sinton went with Colton Cohea as the qb, normally the starting rb when Handson is in there.

La Vernia had a bye this week and last game was a 34-22 loss at La Grange.

Rematch of last year Region IV D2 game won by Sinton 27-14.

Homer pick and think Sinton can win this one.

LV_Bearfan
09-20-2014, 06:21 AM
Both teams have some kinks to work out. Should be a good game. LV must develop more consistency on offense. It sounds like Sinton is working through some defensive issues. Both teams should be ready come playoff time. I'll take the Bears because they're still smarting from that playoff loss. They should come out very focused.

Pudlugger
09-20-2014, 09:47 AM
Both teams have some kinks to work out. Should be a good game. LV must develop more consistency on offense. It sounds like Sinton is working through some defensive issues. Both teams should be ready come playoff time. I'll take the Bears because they're still smarting from that playoff loss. They should come out very focused.

Agree LVBearfan La Vernia should be at the top of their game for this one. I don't see them losing two in a row. Bears by 14.

Snotbubbles
09-20-2014, 01:05 PM
Always nice when you can have another shot at an opponent. Give Bo an extra week to prepare, and the kid's a week of a loss in their mouth, usually makes for a aggressive effort. But, Sinton is loaded and talented. I can see LV aggressiveness hurting out the gate, and even down at half here. Then, they get it together and delivers some payback,

44-28.

Corn Cob
09-20-2014, 01:22 PM
Bears win this one pretty easily - 14+ points.

Ranger354
09-20-2014, 05:49 PM
Gonna be a good game for sure. Got to go with them Pirates by 6.

SintonFan_inAustin
09-20-2014, 06:42 PM
Sinton being able to run and pass will control this game just like last season.

Pudlugger
09-21-2014, 01:50 PM
Sinton being able to run and pass will control this game just like last season.

The Bears can run and pass as well. They run out of various sets and have a qb with a strong accurate arm and several good receivers and a big O line so it all comes down to execution and defense. Limit penalties and turnovers and get some defensive stops and Sinton can win. Otherwise the Bears will control the clock and win.

SintonFan_inAustin
09-21-2014, 02:06 PM
The Bears can run and pass as well. They run out of various sets and have a qb with a strong accurate arm and several good receivers and a big O line so it all comes down to execution and defense. Limit penalties and turnovers and get some defensive stops and Sinton can win. Otherwise the Bears will control the clock and win.both teams are pretty much the same from last season they both return a lot. Sinton has 8 defensive players back that handle them pretty good last season in region final, it was 27-7 heading to 4th qtr. Sinton is still kind of young on defense not many seniors in there they have their miss tackles still early in the season so far like they did early in the season last year. Experience is there on defense for this group and still missing one of their defensive tackles good size that would help against the run up the middle but should be ready by district, Sinton qb didn't play last week and glad he got some rest we'll need him 100 percent in district and not sure if he'll get another week to rest the ankle injury.

Sinton is the underdog , going into their place so will be important for Sinton to control the game early and limit the turnovers and penalties to a minimum.

LV_Bearfan
09-21-2014, 03:41 PM
both teams are pretty much the same from last season they both return a lot. Sinton has 8 defensive players back that handle them pretty good last season in region final, it was 27-7 heading to 4th qtr. Sinton is still kind of young on defense not many seniors in there they have their miss tackles still early in the season so far like they did early in the season last year. Experience is there on defense for this group and still missing one of their defensive tackles good size that would help against the run up the middle but should be ready by district, Sinton qb didn't play last week and glad he got some rest we'll need him 100 percent in district and not sure if he'll get another week to rest the ankle injury.

Sinton is the underdog , going into their place so will be important for Sinton to control the game early and limit the turnovers and penalties to a minimum.

Yep, 27-7 in the 4th. Sinton played well. La Vernia will be ready. Can't wait for Friday night!

sinfan75
09-21-2014, 05:28 PM
Home field advantage goes to LV by 13.

Ranger354
09-21-2014, 05:44 PM
This may be a barn burner....

MUSTANG69
09-22-2014, 10:10 AM
If Sinton 's QB is back it will be a close one. Sinton by 7. If he doesn't play LaVernia takes it by 14.

YTBulldogs
09-22-2014, 10:22 AM
I think Owens gave them fits too. Yes, will be good regardless. Best wishes to both.

pirate4state
09-22-2014, 02:23 PM
LV may finally beat us, but then again...maybe not :stirpot::devil:

SintonFan_inAustin
09-22-2014, 02:36 PM
LV may finally beat us, but then again...maybe not :stirpot::devil:Can you make sure to tell sound system crew to bring the sound system just to irritate Snout :D

pirate4state
09-22-2014, 03:53 PM
:devil: my pleasure

Can you make sure to tell sound system crew to bring the sound system just to irritate Snout :D

Ranger354
09-22-2014, 08:59 PM
Can you make sure to tell sound system crew to bring the sound system just to irritate Snout :D

That's funny right there... Poor Bubbles.

Wasn't LV undefeated last year when these boys from Sinton played them?

From the Google earth maps it looks like the visitors side is kinda small. Don't know how many folks from sinton will Tavel to see this game.

Guess no one wants to advise on a good place to eat in LV?? Wittes? The Steak House?? Sammys??

LV_Bearfan
09-22-2014, 09:46 PM

From the Google earth maps it looks like the visitors side is kinda small. Don't know how many folks from sinton will Tavel to see this game.

Guess no one wants to advise on a good place to eat in LV?? Wittes? The Steak House?? Sammys??

The visitor's side is not small. The facilities are top notch for 4A.

Caparelli's has some good fettuccinni Alfredo. Whitte's still makes a good burger and fries. So does Busy Bear. Don't know about the steakhouse. I think it just changed hands again recently. Sammy's is fine for Mexican. So is Busy Bear and any of the other Mexican places. There was a Chinese place just before you get to the steak house and Whitte's on the left on 87 that was really good. Not sure if it's still open, but I think it is.

LV_Bearfan
09-22-2014, 09:56 PM

LV had lost to Calhoun early last year.

Ranger354
09-22-2014, 10:10 PM
Thanks for the food info.. We always get to the stadium early and like to eat beforehand if possible.

The stadium and such looks top notch. Was just comparing home side bleachers to visitor side bleachers from map view. It does look like a very nice place!!

I and stand corrected on the undefeated remark...

LV_Bearfan
09-22-2014, 10:25 PM
Thanks for the food info.. We always get to the stadium early and like to eat beforehand if possible.

The stadium and such looks top notch. Was just comparing home side bleachers to visitor side bleachers from map view. It does look like a very nice place!!

I and stand corrected on the undefeated remark...

I agree that the visitor side looks small on the satellite view, but it was the home side before the remodel. It's bigger than it looks in that view. It's certainly taller than it looks. It should fit most of you anyway; however, there are no live electrical outlets on that side of the field. Snot and I tripped the breakers, pulled the fuses, and locked the boxes. Generators aren't allowed in either....UIL rules I hear.

Ranger354
09-22-2014, 10:35 PM
Lol.... I think we have backup battery packs!!

Snotbubbles
09-22-2014, 11:24 PM
Snot and I tripped the breakers, pulled the fuses, and locked the boxes. Generators aren't allowed in either....UIL rules I hear.

I still have ringing in my ears. Glad this one will be quite. Like to hear the pad's popping. Not some rap crap, that drowns out announcer.:kiss:

regaleagle
09-24-2014, 04:49 AM
I picked DaBears in this one because of homefield advantage and a week off to prepare. Should be a close game, regardless. I really don't think there is a prohibitive favorite here....just two good teams going at it.

SintonFan_inAustin
09-24-2014, 04:10 PM
TSRN on Friday 7:30pm

http://tsrnsports.com/scoreboard/sinton-vs-la-vernia/

Ranger354
09-26-2014, 05:25 AM
Game Day!!!! Go Pirates!!!

LV_Bearfan
09-26-2014, 10:29 AM
Come on in Sinton peeps. The water is nice and warm. ;)

Safe travels to you guys as you head this way....
Should be a good one.

pirate4state
09-26-2014, 01:07 PM
Lots of rain coming in from the gulf....

LV_Bearfan
09-26-2014, 06:45 PM
Lots of rain coming in from the gulf....

No lightning, we play.

LV_Bearfan
09-26-2014, 06:46 PM
No lightning, we play.

But there's lightning.

SintonFan
09-26-2014, 08:15 PM
Heavy rain and lightning. Game delayed with 19 seconds left in first quarter with Sinton up 7-0.

LV_Bearfan
09-26-2014, 08:27 PM
Heavy rain and lightning. Game delayed with 19 seconds left in first quarter with Sinton up 7-0.

It's a darn shame. I doubt they finish this one.

PhiI C
09-26-2014, 08:31 PM
It's a darn shame. I doubt they finish this one.

It is too bad LV but safety comes first as you know. I didn't get to go to the game but I hope we can meet in person some day.

LV_Bearfan
09-26-2014, 08:33 PM
It is too bad LV but safety comes first as you know. I didn't get to go to the game but I hope we can meet in person some day.

You bet. Hope the Sinton folks make it home safe. The roads are terrible.

lostaussie
09-26-2014, 08:37 PM
Did they call it over?

LV_Bearfan
09-26-2014, 08:39 PM
Did they call it over?

Not yet, but field is so soaked, there may be no point. We're flooding here.

SintonFan
09-26-2014, 09:08 PM
They started up again.

SintonFan
09-26-2014, 09:13 PM
TD Sinton! 14-0 with 8:17 left in the 2nd quarter.

MUSTANG69
09-26-2014, 09:15 PM
TD Sinton! 14-0 with 8:17 left in the 2nd quarter.

Come on Pirates

SintonFan
09-26-2014, 09:18 PM
LaVernia with a nice pass and run. 14-7 Sinton 7:24 left in the 2nd Q.

pirate4state
09-26-2014, 09:42 PM
Half: 14-13 Sinton

LV_Bearfan
09-26-2014, 10:38 PM
33-20 La Vernia

6:52 4th

LV_Bearfan
09-26-2014, 10:52 PM
La Vernia 40
Sinton 20

3 minutes

PhiI C
09-26-2014, 11:01 PM
I hope both teams don't have any serious injuries. Thanks for the updates.

LV_Bearfan
09-26-2014, 11:06 PM
I hope both teams don't have any serious injuries. Thanks for the updates/

A player from Sinton left on a stretcher, but I never saw him down on the field. Not sure what happened.

LV_Bearfan
09-26-2014, 11:13 PM
I am really surprised they were able to have a game tonight. Conditions were a lot better when they came back. Early in the game, neither team could pass, and LV was fumbling every other snap. All in all, quite a night. LV gets the monkey off their back and finally gets a W over Sinton. Good luck in district Pirates. Sinton played with class and will have a long run come playoff time. Of that I am sure.

LV_Bearfan
09-26-2014, 11:20 PM
A player from Sinton left on a stretcher, but I never saw him down on the field. Not sure what happened.
I heard that he hurt his neck, but It may have been more of a precautionary measure than a major injury. He was waving as they took him away.

Pudlugger
09-26-2014, 11:22 PM
Congratulations to the Bears. Nice bounce back win against a quality opponent. Good luck going forward.

LV_Bearfan
09-26-2014, 11:28 PM
Congratulations to the Bears. Nice bounce back win against a quality opponent. Good luck going forward.

Thanks Pud. The Bears finally shook off the butter fingers in the second half and looked good tonight. Looks like those Leps are riding high too.

Ranger354
09-27-2014, 08:57 AM
Seems like LV got down a little when they fumbled those snaps and Sinton got the momentum. And then Sinton fumbles on the snap to the punter and that put them in a hole. Key play was the 3rd and 20+ that LV converted. That took the air out of Sinton I think. Just my 2 cents. Hard game by two very good teams. Maybe next year on Sintons Turf!!! Bring your ear plugs Bubbles!!

Snotbubbles
09-27-2014, 09:29 AM
Always nice when you can have another shot at an opponent. Give Bo an extra week to prepare, and the kid's a week of a loss in their mouth, usually makes for a aggressive effort. But, Sinton is loaded and talented. I can see LV aggressiveness hurting out the gate, and even down at half here. Then, they get it together and delivers some payback,

44-28.

Bout' what I thought out of this one.

YTBulldogs
09-27-2014, 09:31 AM
Bout' what I thought out of this one.

Yeah, I'd say you pretty much nailed this one.

pirate4state
09-27-2014, 11:05 AM
That got ugly quick after weather delay. Being outscored 40-6 needs to be a wake up call to the entire team! Congratulations to LV for finally getting the monkey off your back ;-)

Our injured player is home. All his tests came back clear, so that was good news. Hope to get him back by district.

Hope everyone made it home safely.

SintonFan_inAustin
09-27-2014, 11:12 AM
Bout' what I thought out of this one.Down 14-0, La Vernia rebounds before half to be down by just a point. Sinton up 20-13 with just a minute left in 3rd qtr, La Vernia converts that almost impossible 3rd down play and that just fired them up and pretty much took over the game at that point on both sides. 27 unanswered points to complete a great turnaround in 4th qtr. Speed and tough running showed up in that qtr. Sinton had one last chance when down 34-20 when Handson pass was pick off in the endzone that look like a sure TD but whoever picked it off came over and took it away wth about just under 7 mins left. Who was that player?

Great game, Sinton defense played one of their better games in this one, they were swarming to the ball. gool luck LV should be interesting against Rockport Fulton might be the only one that might give yall a game in district.

Great game Sinton Pirates good learning experience, not a packed house but loud stadium still and both sides of players were pumped.

LV_Bearfan
09-27-2014, 11:44 AM
Down 14-0, La Vernia rebounds before half to be down by just a point. Sinton up 20-13 with just a minute left in 3rd qtr, La Vernia converts that almost impossible 3rd down play and that just fired them up and pretty much took over the game at that point on both sides. 27 unanswered points to complete a great turnaround in 4th qtr. Speed and tough running showed up in that qtr. Sinton had one last chance when down 34-20 when Handson pass was pick off in the endzone that look like a sure TD but whoever picked it off came over and took it away wth about just under 7 mins left. Who was that player?

Great game, Sinton defense played one of their better games in this one, they were swarming to the ball. gool luck LV should be interesting against Rockport Fulton might be the only one that might give yall a game in district.

Great game Sinton Pirates good learning experience, not a packed house but loud stadium still and both sides of players were pumped.

I think #5 for LV picked off that pass. I think he also caught the 3rd and 20 pass.

Ranger354
09-27-2014, 01:18 PM
I would also like to thank all the tunnel crew from LV... They allowed us Sinton Tunnel Crew to use their generator and such. Very hospitable folks. My hats off to all of them.

LV_Bearfan
09-27-2014, 01:28 PM
I would also like to thank all the tunnel crew from LV... They allowed us Sinton Tunnel Crew to use their generator and such. Very hospitable folks. My hats off to all of them.

It was odd last night with no bands, no announcer (technical difficulties), no noise at all. Started wishing we had some AC/DC.;) I'm sure we'll get our fill at your place next year.

Ranger354
09-27-2014, 01:59 PM
It was odd last night with no bands, no announcer (technical difficulties), no noise at all. Started wishing we had some AC/DC.;) I'm sure we'll get our fill at your place next year.

I can garantee it!!!