PDA

View Full Version : Fredericksburg @ La Grange

Pudlugger
09-20-2014, 01:12 AM
The Billies(3-1) come to Leopard Stadium to face off the Leps (4-0). The Billies are coming off a convincing win over Llano 30-0 while the Leps disposed of Taylor 42-22 in a sloppy performance. Penalties and blown coverage seemed to keep the tempo off balance. The Leps will need to regain focus to get their 5th W next Friday against an effective spread offense and their outststanding Qb Grona.

lv2937
09-20-2014, 10:10 AM
LaGrange wins this on by 40. Don't know where you get your scouting report but their QB is far from outstanding.

Pudlugger
09-20-2014, 10:58 AM
LaGrange wins this on by 40. Don't know where you get your scouting report but their QB is far from outstanding.

I guess I heard that from some folks on this board. He had a pretty impressive year last season and his stats so far are looking real good. MaxPreps has a breakdown of his stats here:

http://www.maxpreps.com/athlete/kyle-grona/sPG89fTrEeKZ5AAmVebBJg/default.htm

bag-o-chips
09-20-2014, 11:07 AM
La Grange by 17

PappaFeelGood
09-20-2014, 07:21 PM
LEPS will continue to roll with a win. The need to stay focused and play one game at a time is crucial. Defense is stingy with the exception of a few big plays each game. Offense should continue to execute and get it into the play makers hands. LEPS by 14.

Pudlugger
09-20-2014, 07:57 PM
I agree, the Leopards have the talent and momentum going for them now and with the great coaching should roll on.

Pudlugger
09-21-2014, 08:34 AM
I really like the way the Leps execute the sweep to the outside. Whether #22 pitches the ball to tailback #5 Hutchison or keeps it the corners have to deal with big #21 Ramirez who is the lead blocker on the point. I don't think the Billies have the speed to shut down the outside. This game will be very interesting.

buff4ever
09-21-2014, 08:38 AM
Poppafeelgood, where did you come from? More pudlike post b to come it sounds like. I just hope you two don't feed off of each other.

Pudlugger
09-21-2014, 09:28 AM
Poppafeelgood, where did you come from? More pudlike post b to come it sounds like. I just hope you two don't feed off of each other.

Pud like is good. Nothing wrong with supporting your team with a positive attitude and posting game details on the board. It would be interesting if Giddings posters would inform us more regarding their teams rather than poke fun at us for doing so. All I hear on the board about Giddings is that they have some good running backs.

PappaFeelGood
09-21-2014, 06:24 PM
Pudlike is a compliment. We see and feel the same bout the LEPS. They play as a team and are well coached. Admittedly I see some concerns that I won't discuss in this forum. ONE WEEK AT A TIME!!! GO LEPS

buff4ever
09-22-2014, 12:39 AM
Let me clarify since you are new. You must first know I love me some pud, and for the most part respect him pretty well. Now you need to know the definition of pudlike. See below...

"To speak inspirational to or preach fear directly to the team through the down low as if the coaches don't do there job to prepare the kids mentally for the game. Also assuming you can effectively reach the kids through the downlow."

Pudlugger
09-22-2014, 08:48 AM
Let me clarify since you are new. You must first know I love me some pud, and for the most part respect him pretty well. Now you need to know the definition of pudlike. See below...

"To speak inspirational to or preach fear directly to the team through the down low as if the coaches don't do there job to prepare the kids mentally for the game. Also assuming you can effectively reach the kids through the downlow."

This is going to be fun.:D

buff4ever
09-22-2014, 09:26 AM
This is going to be fun.:D

I thought so as well. After I posted that, I realized that my 3000th post was my definition of "pudlike". I found that funny in my own little world. I think I coined "pudlike", what maybe like 4 years ago or five? Have had fun with it ever since.

On a serious note, you guys are off to another great start and season. The buffs are young as some positions, but talented; and then of course you have Hickey, which is a senior. As young as we are on defense and some offensive positions, our underclassmen teams are still winning. Things are definitely on the move back to normal for Giddings, we will see how the young defense comes around, as that will be the thing that determines our chances later in the season.

greendawg84
09-22-2014, 10:01 AM
The Billies are coming off a convincing win over Llano 30-0 :crazy1::spitlol: . La Grange by bunches !

Pudlugger
09-23-2014, 06:33 AM
The Billies are coming off a convincing win over Llano 30-0 :crazy1::spitlol: . La Grange by bunches !

Convincing insofar as they scored 30 in a shutout. Granted Llano is down this year.
I understand the Billies run out of the Spread offense. Do they have enough speed to do so? DCTF says their WR runs a 4.4 but the other skill players seem to clock in around 4.8. Their O line is about the size of ours averaging around 250. This will be another interesting match. The Leps got to warm up against the Spread last week in Taylor. Go Leps!

Scoop27
09-23-2014, 12:56 PM
http://www.kvlgkbuk.com/

Pudlugger
09-24-2014, 09:53 AM
Would some of the Burnet folks on the board comment on Fredericksburg. Tell us about their size, speed, offense formations and defense. Yall whipped them 55-7 in your stadium. I know the Bulldogs are good but really? 55 points to 7? How did yall do it?

regaleagle
09-24-2014, 10:09 AM
I don't care about the line.....I'm pulling for the Biiiiilllies, yeehaa! Them's hill country boys, an' it shore iz gonna be a might near close game if ye ask them boyz. They ain't carin' what them football peoples say bout thar team. They gonna show up and whoop sum butt, yeehaa.

greendawg84
09-24-2014, 10:20 AM
They had good size and decent speed , they just made a lot of mistakes . Looked like they ran out of gas in the second half . I think they turned the ball over 3 or 4 times . The O never really got going , delay of game penalty after a time out kind of stuff . Just did not seem like they knew what players needed to be where the whole game .

Pudlugger
09-25-2014, 06:49 AM
I don't care about the line.....I'm pulling for the Biiiiilllies, yeehaa! Them's hill country boys, an' it shore iz gonna be a might near close game if ye ask them boyz. They ain't carin' what them football peoples say bout thar team. They gonna show up and whoop sum butt, yeehaa.

Not going to happen regaleagle. The Leps will be pumped for this home game. Their pass rush will have Grona running out of the pocket all night looking for open receivers. The Billie defense will not be able to stop the outside running game with their average speed. The leps will get the win 35-14.

regaleagle
09-25-2014, 01:43 PM
Not going to happen regaleagle. The Leps will be pumped for this home game. Their pass rush will have Grona running out of the pocket all night looking for open receivers. The Billie defense will not be able to stop the outside running game with their average speed. The leps will get the win 35-14.

Whatever happened to the magic of Friday nite under the lights in Texas high school football, lol??? We know the Billies are up against it, but this could be a defining moment in the season for the Billies if they can show up and whoop sum butt, yeehaa! (LOL, but I'm serious....go get em Billies!)

regaleagle
09-25-2014, 01:58 PM
On a more serious note, Fred did have a great season last year and Grona was only a junior. The Mohr boys are seniors this season as well. Fred is 3-1, even though they got it handed to them to start the season against Burnet. Same thing happened last year to start off, but then they came together as a team and ended up with a great season. Coach Lance Moffett will have this team prepared to play, even if on paper it appears they may be overmatched. Could be a "trap" game for the Leopards, but I doubt it. There's turnovers and big plays that the Billies will need to win this one, imo. But this is Texas high school football, and that happens every week in games all over the state. GO BILLIES!!!

hookandladder
09-25-2014, 02:59 PM
Homecoming week for the Leps, not going to make any difference in the outcome of the game. I will be listening from Kansas, Leps by 4 TD's.

Pudlugger
09-25-2014, 06:31 PM
Homecoming week for the Leps, not going to make any difference in the outcome of the game. I will be listening from Kansas, Leps by 4 TD's.

I agree hook, the Leps will bring their A Game tomorrow night for homecoming.

regaleagle
09-25-2014, 07:16 PM
Geez....no chance, huh? Sounds like a "death sentence" for the Billies. Like being sentenced to the LaGrange Guillotine before you've had a chance to defend yourself, lol.

Pudlugger
09-25-2014, 07:26 PM
Geez....no chance, huh? Sounds like a "death sentence" for the Billies. Like being sentenced to the LaGrange Guillotine before you've had a chance to defend yourself, lol.

They certainly have a chance but I don't see it happening. You always have to play the game though so the Leps will need to put in a great team effort to get the win. I believe they will.

Pudlugger
09-26-2014, 10:55 AM
Gameday is here and the weather is fine. It will be great to watch the Leps play on a dry grass field again. Looking forward to seeing what Coach Kates has for us this week. Each game he opens up the playbook a little more. I watched the video highlights of our defense on Hudl in our game against Liberty Hill and boy did those guys play lights out. I hope they repeat that performance tonight. Go Leps!

regaleagle
09-26-2014, 03:37 PM
Good luck to the Billies tonite. Go Argyle, haha.

Pudlugger
09-26-2014, 11:15 PM
La Grange dominated for 3+ quarters leading 34-0 then late in the 4th the Billies scored on our second D. LG probably will not get too many shutouts playing the bench in the 4th but they are developing depth which is more important as well as reducing the chance of injuries to our starters. Sadly Grona, the starting qb for the Billies, went out early in the first quarter after a roughing the qb penalty on the Leps. We sure hope and pray he will be alright. The Billies had no answer to #22 Dobbins who rushed for around 200 yards and 2 tds and threw a pass to #10 Rigden for another. #5 Hutchison had a big night with 2 tds and over a 100 yards rushing, The Leopards are looking very strong now and will travel to Yoakum Friday to match up with a tough Bulldog team.

Pudlugger
09-27-2014, 11:21 AM
Any word on the Billies Qb Grona who was injured early in the 1st? Hope he is OK. He was hit after releasing the ball on a pass play pretty hard and the ref threw a flag for roughing the passer. I did not see it as I was looking at the receiver who caught the ball. It looked like a concussion from the stands. Perhaps a Fredericksburg poster would update us on how he is doing. Prayers from LG for this fine young man.

techex95
09-27-2014, 10:54 PM
[QUOTE=Pudlugger;1826716]Any word on the Billies Qb Grona who was injured early in the 1st? Hope he is OK. He was hit after releasing the ball on a pass play pretty hard and the ref threw a flag for roughing the passer. I did not see it as I was looking at the receiver who caught the ball. It looked like a concussion from the stands. Perhaps a Fredericksburg poster would update us on how he is doing. Prayers from LG for this fine young

Xxxx

Pudlugger
09-27-2014, 11:03 PM
The flag was thrown because of a late hit and below the waist (new rule). He has a knee injury and may be out a few weeks. La grange is a very good team but will have trouble in the playoffs. IMO They rely too much on the telent of a couple of players, teams will be able to match the talent that Fredericksburg just couldn't. Dobbins had 123 yards rushing and a 1 big pass play. He is a very good player on both sides of the ball. 14 of La Grange's points came on an incomplete pass that was ruled a fumble (by the backup QB) that was recovered at the 5yard line and very questionable pass interference call on 3rd and 35 that gave La grange a First down inside the 20. I'm not saying that the outcome would have been any different but just wanted to give some info about the game.

Was it a late hit or was it below the waist? Sorry he has a knee injury and hopefully it will not be an ACL. As for the rest well stuff happens and putting it off on the refs is kinda weak. Just be glad Coach Kates put in the subs at the start of the 4th or LG would have hung 50 on yall in a shut out. LG will do well in the playoffs they have much more going for them then you give them credit.