PDA

View Full Version : My thoughts on Stephenville and Lubbock Cooper last night on ESPN.

Rabid Cougar
09-19-2014, 09:19 AM
As a fan of Texas High School football, HELL of a GAME! I have to say that two TEXAS 4A schools showed the rest of the country how to run the hurry up. They would run most of the "Ranked" teams form other states with all their "commits" so prevelent on ESPN into the ground. And the crowd! Freaking awesome! Again small town (Lubbock, not so much) Texas football putting on a show on how it should be done. I get so sick of watching those California and Florida "power house" teams playing and their stadiums and crowds are comparable to our 1 and 2 A fields.(At least at a 1A or 2A game the whole town is there).

I say that ESPN cancel the Longhorn Network and start the Texas High School Football network. Nothing but Texas High School Football all the time!

Rattler
09-19-2014, 09:22 AM
I say that ESPN cancel the Longhorn Network and start the Texas High School Football network. Nothing but Texas High School Football all the time!

100% agree!!!

Rabid Cougar
09-19-2014, 09:31 AM
Okay, Cooper is 5A. I didn't know they moved up.

waterboy
09-19-2014, 09:39 AM
:thinking: ....Hmmmmm...., a Texas High School football network? There's an idea! Let's get 'er rolling! GREAT IDEA!! Show a different key matchup each week live, then show a bunch of others the rest of the time. There are literally hundreds of football games every week that could be shown during the week 24/7. I LIKE IT!!

YTBulldogs
09-19-2014, 09:40 AM
100% agree!!!

me too.

YTBulldogs
09-19-2014, 09:41 AM

As a Horn fan, I agree with this.

Sweetwater Red
09-19-2014, 09:42 AM
Okay, Cooper is 5A. I didn't know they moved up.

Yep, they had 2000 students in 3A Division 1 last year.

STUDMYSTRO
09-19-2014, 09:51 AM

I am a Longhorn fan aswell......But Texas High School Football has my vote! More than enough great Finday night light games to fill up a 24/7 schedule!

cougartino
09-19-2014, 10:05 AM

Follow that cab!

Ragin Red
09-19-2014, 10:49 AM
As a fan of Texas High School football, HELL of a GAME! I have to say that two TEXAS 4A schools showed the rest of the country how to run the hurry up. They would run most of the "Ranked" teams form other states with all their "commits" so prevelent on ESPN into the ground. And the crowd! Freaking awesome! Again small town (Lubbock, not so much) Texas football putting on a show on how it should be done. I get so sick of watching those California and Florida "power house" teams playing and their stadiums and crowds are comparable to our 1 and 2 A fields.(At least at a 1A or 2A game the whole town is there).

Heck ya...that would be awesome

BwdLions
09-19-2014, 10:52 AM
I would love to see a Texas High School channel. However, don't mess with the LHN. I finally cancelled Direct TV last month (and went with Dish Network) just so I could get it.

cougartino
09-19-2014, 12:03 PM
To make this happen, ESPN would have to grea$e the palm$ of the UIL with the univer$al lubricant.

Rabid Cougar
09-19-2014, 01:45 PM
To make this happen, ESPN would have to grea$e the palm$ of the UIL with the univer$al lubricant.

They paid UT $100 Million. Think that is enough?

Gone Fishing
09-19-2014, 01:58 PM
Not only Texas high school football on TV but more NCAA D-2 and D-3 games too. Henderson State (Ark) and Southeastern OK St was a fun game to watch last night on CBS sports channel. They play in the D-2 Great American Conference. They play good football with some great players that just missed the D-1 bus.

speedbump
09-19-2014, 02:17 PM
Yes, lets let ESPN turn our beloved game into a three ring circus. You betcha!!

2muchOffense
09-19-2014, 04:07 PM
I'm two sided on this after last night and it has nothing to do with the Jackets losing. I watched the broadcast this morning and it was done extremely well. It's awesome for the kids to get the exposure and the state to get representation. However it took away from the at game experience. There was a lot of added downtime that made it the same length as a NFL game. The flow of the game felt interrupted. When watching it from home I was very please at how well the game turned out. Both schools represented themselves well. As a fan, I would love to see teams such as Navasoto, Carthage, Gilmer, and many others get the same type of exposure. Lets keep the coverage going, just don't go overboard.

hollywood
09-19-2014, 04:43 PM
I'm two sided on this after last night and it has nothing to do with the Jackets losing. I watched the broadcast this morning and it was done extremely well. It's awesome for the kids to get the exposure and the state to get representation. However it took away from the at game experience. There was a lot of added downtime that made it the same length as a NFL game. The flow of the game felt interrupted. When watching it from home I was very please at how well the game turned out. Both schools represented themselves well. As a fan, I would love to see teams such as Navasoto, Carthage, Gilmer, and many others get the same type of exposure. Lets keep the coverage going, just don't go overboard.

:2thumbsup:

2muchOffense
09-19-2014, 04:56 PM
I have watched other ESPN games involving teams from other states, and there is no denying there is talent on those fields. Lots of it. I can't speak for Cooper but Stephenville doesn't field teams loaded with D1 talent, however last night was as good of football as you will see. The amount of heart and desire both Cooper and the Ville played with makes me proud to be from Texas. You could really see the passion from the community and players. Better than that, you can find the same passion in every town across this great state. God bless Texas High School Football!

waterboy
09-19-2014, 05:01 PM

I agree with the coverage. I guess one game a week would suffice. I would like to see more Texas teams play, though, especially 4A. Maybe one game each from all the well-known high school football states, i.e. Texas, Californicate, Florida, and Ohio, along with maybe an Alabama or Oklahoma game mixed in. They don't show many 4A games. As a matter of fact, I don't remember them ever showing a Texas 4A (previously 3A) game before. I may be misremembering, however...LOL!

slingshot
09-19-2014, 05:45 PM
Yep, they had 2000 students in 3A Division 1 last year.More like 1250 or so...

Sweetwater Red
09-19-2014, 05:53 PM
More like 1250 or so...

I knew that! Where did I get 2000? :doh:

HEMOTOXIC
09-19-2014, 06:41 PM

It's Navasota...

2muchOffense
09-19-2014, 08:54 PM
Sorry about that. That's as bad as saying Stephensville!

Ville-D
09-20-2014, 12:27 AM
I agree with the coverage. I guess one game a week would suffice. I would like to see more Texas teams play, though, especially 4A. Maybe one game each from all the well-known high school football states, i.e. Texas, Californicate, Florida, and Ohio, along with maybe an Alabama or Oklahoma game mixed in. They don't show many 4A games. As a matter of fact, I don't remember them ever showing a Texas 4A (previously 3A) game before. I may be misremembering, however...LOL!

Sealy when RSJ was there.