PDA

View Full Version : Key Injury to Pilot Point

slpybear the bullfan
09-16-2002, 08:22 PM
Guys, I heard from a certain crazed poster on another board that Sammy Salas of Pilot Point is out for the year. His knee injury is season ending.

I don't know if it is true or not, but I am sad to hear it if he is.

The kid was really talented and made our defense react to him the whole time he was in there.

My well wishes to him and his fans,

slpybear

Ranger Mom
09-16-2002, 08:23 PM
That's terrible. Is he a senior??

PPHSfan
09-16-2002, 08:47 PM
Slpybear, I talked with some key folks today and there are alot of rumors flying around. Yes it is a fact that sammy is hurt bad, but the press release won't be out till the end of the week, and nobody in the "know" is going to admit anything till then. One of two things is for certain, he will miss the next four games or he is out for the season. Either way, this is a crucial blow to the Pilot Point program, but our immediate concerns are with Sammy himself. He was really having a spectacular year and I hope that somebody noticed before it was too late for him to get a shot at trading his skills for and education somewhere. Everyone please keep this talented young man and his family in your prayers.

eye of the tiger
09-16-2002, 08:52 PM
Tough break for the lad and for Pilot Point. I wish him a speedy recovery.

BullsFan
09-16-2002, 09:32 PM
I certainly hate to hear this. Salas is a genuinely talented player and his speed is amazing. Best wishes and hopes for a speedy recovery to him.

PPHSfan, when you hear something more specific, be sure and let us know, okay?

PPHSfan
09-17-2002, 03:48 PM
Wanted to move this one back up to the top and see if anyone else has heard more.