PDA

View Full Version : Michigan Wolverines vs. Texas Longhorns 2024 and 2027

Sweetwater Red
09-17-2014, 01:37 PM
Pretty neat deal for someone that lives out in West Texas but bleeds maize & blue.
I just hope I live long enough to see it. lol

Michigan and Texas agree to home-and-home series

Michigan and Texas agree to home-and-home series
By Tom Fornelli | College Football Writer

September 17, 2014 1:12 pm ET

I love what the College Football Playoff is doing for non-conference games in college football. We're seeing more big schools scheduling games against other big schools, and the latest comes from two of the most historic programs in college football history.

Michigan and Texas announced a new home-and-home series on Wednesday.

The good news about this is that both games will be played on campus rather than at a neutral site. The bad news is we're going to have to wait another 10 years before the first game, as Texas will make the trip to Ann Arbor on Aug. 31, 2024 and Michigan will go to Austin on Sept. 4, 2027.

"A match-up of this magnitude doesn't come along all that often, and when it does it's special for both programs and the great fans that support each institution," said Brady Hoke. "This also is a special series for all fans of college football, and I anticipate great games just like the first contest played between the two programs."

Texas and Michigan have met only once before, with the Longhorns beating Michigan 38-37 on a last-second field goal in the 2005 Rose Bowl.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/eye-on-college-football/24713089/michigan-and-texas-agree-to-home-and-home-series

Rabid Cougar
09-17-2014, 03:13 PM
They could make it happen next year if they wanted. All either of them have to do is buy out a G5 or FCS opponent.

1st and goal
09-17-2014, 04:06 PM
I can understand planning ahead, but this far out is ridiculous. Probably have different coaches, staff, AD,etc. Heck, they'll probably all have different wives by then too.

Michigan ain't even that good of a team, why would they go after them and not an SEC front runner team? Prolly skeered.

Oh boy, we're gonna play Michigan 10 freaking years from now, big recruiting tool for Coach Strong ehh?