PDA

View Full Version : Celina vs Bishop Lynch

Celina8
09-17-2014, 12:27 PM
Celina has another tough game this week as they travel to Dallas to play Bishop Lynch who lost to Class 6A Sachse last week 56 to 36 but still had almost 500 yards of total offense in the loss. Bishop Lynch has one of the top running backs in the State Senior RB Rawleigh Williams who is committed to Arakansas and they use him as a work horse for their offense as he rushed the ball 43 times for 223 yards last Friday night. I am not really sure how the Bobcats will rebound from last weeks defeat to Argyle, but the defense will be tested and if they cannot contain Williams then it might be a long night for the Bobcats. Not many Celina Fans posting these days, hopefully as the season progresses more excitement will follow. Bishop Lynch 30 Celina 21. This is based on Nathan being out . I have no clue if he will play or not.

regaleagle
09-17-2014, 01:57 PM
If Nathan had a shoulder separation, you'd think he's out for several weeks at least. Which shoulder was it? That younger qb should be OK with Celina's experience this season. Like you said though....it may be a defensive problem this week for Celina. Just depends on how the team responds to adversity in losing Elliot last week. The injury to Nathan may cause the team to unite stronger to take up the slack for his loss....you just never know. With the amount of seniors on this club, that could happen. I think Celina will prove this week they are a very good football team despite the loss of Elliot at qb. I'll be pulling for them this week, for sure.

Celina8
09-17-2014, 03:40 PM
Was not aware that Nathan had a shoulder separation, so that will have a significant impact on Celina's offense. My concern for this game is can the Bobcats stop Bishop Lynch running game. I am not sure they can.

orange machine
09-17-2014, 05:17 PM
As good as Rolston from Argyle is the Runninback from Bishop Lynch is on a different level.

bobcat1
09-17-2014, 06:49 PM
He looks pretty salty. Great vision and good speed and quickness.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1795303/highlights/38046383

d0tc0m
09-17-2014, 07:48 PM
He looks pretty solid.

But I'd take Ralston any day of the week.

JJWalker
09-18-2014, 06:06 AM
Sounds like another tough one. Good luck Bobcats.

Celina8
09-18-2014, 07:39 AM
Even Dallas Morning News has Bishop Lynch winning this one 35 to 28. The Celina Defense will have to step up tomorrow night for the Bobcats to bring home a victory.

alaskacat
09-19-2014, 06:56 PM
Have they changed their defense in the last couple years, that used to be their strong point.

orange machine
09-19-2014, 07:36 PM
Lynch 7
Celina 0
Took lynch two plays.

orange machine
09-19-2014, 07:46 PM
Lynch 7
Celina 7

orange machine
09-19-2014, 07:50 PM
Lynch 14
Celina 7
Lynch running back already has over 100 yards rushing in 1st quarter.

Celina8
09-19-2014, 08:11 PM
Lynch 14
Celina 7
Lynch running back already has over 100 yards rushing in 1st quarter.

Defense used to be our strength and we look good playing against weaker teams. We get quickly exposed with the competition gets better.

orange machine
09-19-2014, 08:14 PM
Defense used to be our strength and we look good playing against weaker teams. We get quickly exposed with the competition gets better.

It appears that way.

orange machine
09-19-2014, 08:19 PM
I've got conflicting info. It appears the score was 13 to 7 but I'm not sure.

orange machine
09-19-2014, 08:38 PM
Lynch 13
Celina 7
Halftime

orange machine
09-19-2014, 08:49 PM
Report I've got is Celina has had the ball the majority of the 1st half. Lynch has only ran 13 plays.

orange machine
09-19-2014, 09:16 PM
Lynch 20
Celina 7

orange machine
09-19-2014, 09:26 PM
Correction 19 to 7 and lynch is driving again.

orange machine
09-19-2014, 09:28 PM
Lynch 27
Celina 7

orange machine
09-19-2014, 09:48 PM
Lynch 34
Celina 14
Wow

orange machine
09-19-2014, 10:19 PM
Lynch 39
Celina 21

d0tc0m
09-19-2014, 10:21 PM
Celina sounds soft, undisciplined and at an absolute loss without Nathan under center. Could be another few long weeks until he gets back. But the Bobcats can learn/grow from these back-to-back losses if they really want to. Gonna take some mental toughness and some senior leadership, but they could come out a better team a month from now.

orange machine
09-19-2014, 10:38 PM
Lynch 40
Celina 21
Final

orange machine
09-19-2014, 10:41 PM
Celina sounds soft, undisciplined and at an absolute loss without Nathan under center. Could be another few long weeks until he gets back. But the Bobcats can learn/grow from these back-to-back losses if they really want to. Gonna take some mental toughness and some senior leadership, but they could come out a better team a month from now.

Celina had 3 or 4 turnovers inside the red zone, but other than that the offense was able to move the ball up and down the field.

d0tc0m
09-19-2014, 10:48 PM
Yeah I listened to the game. Not finishing drives in the red zone like that is killer. Sounded like lots of penalties too - some questionable? That's the way the announcers made it sound, at least. But those mistakes combined with giving up those big plays equals soft and undisciplined. But I'm speaking strictly from only having listened to the games, so I could be wrong. But it sounds like there is still tons of talent on this team.

Answer me this, though, because I'm just curious: Jarren sounds pretty explosive on offense. Do they get him enough touches?

orange machine
09-19-2014, 11:52 PM
Yeah I listened to the game. Not finishing drives in the red zone like that is killer. Sounded like lots of penalties too - some questionable? That's the way the announcers made it sound, at least. But those mistakes combined with giving up those big plays equals soft and undisciplined. But I'm speaking strictly from only having listened to the games, so I could be wrong. But it sounds like there is still tons of talent on this team.

Answer me this, though, because I'm just curious: Jarren sounds pretty explosive on offense. Do they get him enough touches?

No not at all, he is the best back on the team.

Celina8
09-20-2014, 07:01 AM
Where was our Defense....that is my questions. Bishop Lynch is a good team but you know exactly what they are going to do. Get the ball to Williams which they did and he ran for over 300 yards rushing and 6 touchdowns on 22 carries. Our defense is very weak and the last two games have exposed those weakness. The games we have left on our schedule are all very weak so we will dominate them, defense will look great againts those teams , but ....you know I am just frustrated right now and I know the boys are a much better team than this. Sorry for the rant!

orange machine
09-20-2014, 08:55 AM
Where was our Defense....that is my questions. Bishop Lynch is a good team but you know exactly what they are going to do. Get the ball to Williams which they did and he ran for over 300 yards rushing and 6 touchdowns on 22 carries. Our defense is very weak and the last two games have exposed those weakness. The games we have left on our schedule are all very weak so we will dominate them, defense will look great againts those teams , but ....you know I am just frustrated right now and I know the boys are a much better team than this. Sorry for the rant!

It's the defense Celina runs it's not working.

Gen.Pat
09-20-2014, 09:14 AM
Ouch.

CHS_89
09-20-2014, 10:13 AM

Let's not throw in the towel just yet. Tougher teams have exposed our defense. I like the fact we have a good non district schedule this year. At least now we know what to work on now vs. later in the season. I still believe and always will. I think we will be ready when the end of the regular season comes. I have faith in the coaches and the players.

cougartino
09-20-2014, 10:23 AM
We played Lynch in 2012. Good folks and excellent nachos!

gomeangreen
09-20-2014, 10:31 AM
Bottom line this team has the talent to win. You have to look at one place and one place only-COACHING!!!

1.To run the ball up and down the field and the second you get in the red zone pull the running backs that got you there and start passing

2. Discipline- none. Coaches have no control or motivational skills. For the amount of personal fouls penalties they get and not being benched is ridiculous the defense is the same as always just not being coached. Again the talent is there

3. Adjustments as in the last two games do not happen

And for all that thinks Nathan would have made a difference in the w/l over the last weeks you are drinking to much of the kool aid. They may have been closer but would not have been wins. Definitely would love to see him run the old Celina offense with number 5 and 42(when he gets well-prayers sent )

When is the superintendent and the school board realize they made the wrong move by hiring and sticking with the ad/coach. You are about to lose all of your tradition and pride unless you do something. Ex players, coaches, and parents are embarrassed of how this team is being lead. Not of the boys but the coaches. Board members I know he is your buddy but if you don't do anything you are just as much at blame

Kool aide drinkers am sure you don't get it

Celina8
09-20-2014, 11:05 AM
I understand the frustration and that is probably all I need to state at this point.

JJWalker
09-20-2014, 11:15 AM
When a team wins consistently I believe it is because of good coaching.

Pudlugger
09-20-2014, 12:14 PM
Bottom line this team has the talent to win. You have to look at one place and one place only-COACHING!!!

1.To run the ball up and down the field and the second you get in the red zone pull the running backs that got you there and start passing

2. Discipline- none. Coaches have no control or motivational skills. For the amount of personal fouls penalties they get and not being benched is ridiculous the defense is the same as always just not being coached. Again the talent is there

And for all that thinks Nathan would have made a difference in the w/l over the last weeks you are drinking to much of the kool aid. They may have been closer but would not have been wins. Definitely would love to see him run the old Celina offense with number 5 and 42(when he gets well-prayers sent )

When is the superintendent and the school board realize they made the wrong move by hiring and sticking with the ad/coach. You are about to lose all of your tradition and pride unless you do something. Ex players, coaches, and parents are embarrassed of how this team is being lead. Not of the boys but the coaches. Board members I know he is your buddy but if you don't do anything you are just as much at blame

It's got to be tough coaching in Celina with their expectations so high. I hate to see coach bashing especially so early in the season. Maybe you should chill out and see how it goes. It is still pre-district and teams can improve.

gomeangreen
09-20-2014, 12:30 PM
Or maybe after three years of the same old stuff over and over you get sick of it

It's got to be tough coaching in Celina with their expectations so high. I hate to see coach bashing especially so early in the season. Maybe you should chill out and see how it goes. It is still pre-district and teams can improve.

cougartino
09-20-2014, 12:55 PM

Are you in Celina or La Marque?

orange machine
09-20-2014, 01:24 PM
:stirpot:

regaleagle
09-20-2014, 04:26 PM
Just looking at his username, I'd say right now he is from Denton by way of Celina.

I think Celina has plenty of time left to get the kinks worked out. You hafta figure that the primary leader of the offense has been basically out on these last two losses....both against very quality football teams. Nobody said Celina would go undefeated with their early schedule this season....only that come playoff time they would be a contender to go deep. Then Nathan gets injured early against Argyle and suddenly everybody's upset. So what did you think would happen when you lose your 4 yr starting qb against 2 really good football teams, huh? I think Celina will be just fine....they have the athletes and the seniors to overcome this adversity. You have to give the coaching staff some latitude here....they're not on the field playing the game. Mistakes are gonna happen early in the season, but the coaches will get those corrected. And if the staff made a few mistakes, they'll get those changes and adjustments made. The team will rebound and be a contender, jmo.

orange machine
09-20-2014, 09:44 PM
Anybody got any stats for this game?

JJWalker
09-20-2014, 10:27 PM
Start with this stat. Celina gave up 40.

orange machine
09-20-2014, 10:33 PM
Start with this stat. Celina gave up 40.

Yes I am completely aware of that stat.

marler1972
09-21-2014, 01:04 AM
TEAM STATS
Bishop Lynch Celina
Total yards 419 406
First downs 17 27
Rushes/Yds 29/371 61/300
Average rush 12.79 4.92
Comp-Att-Int 5-14-2 12-23-0
Pass yards 48 106
Comp pct 35.71 52.17
Punts 3 4
Punting Yards 65 114
Punting Average 21.67 28.5
Fumbles-Lost 1-1 3-3
Penalties-yards 3-30 11-76

orange machine
09-21-2014, 01:07 AM
TEAM STATS
Bishop Lynch Celina
Total yards 419 406
First downs 17 27
Rushes/Yds 29/371 61/300
Average rush 12.79 4.92
Comp-Att-Int 5-14-2 12-23-0
Pass yards 48 106
Comp pct 35.71 52.17
Punts 3 4
Punting Yards 65 114
Punting Average 21.67 28.5
Fumbles-Lost 1-1 3-3
Penalties-yards 3-30 11-76

Thank you

Celina8
09-21-2014, 09:19 AM
Just looking at his username, I'd say right now he is from Denton by way of Celina.

I think Celina has plenty of time left to get the kinks worked out. You hafta figure that the primary leader of the offense has been basically out on these last two losses....both against very quality football teams. Nobody said Celina would go undefeated with their early schedule this season....only that come playoff time they would be a contender to go deep. Then Nathan gets injured early against Argyle and suddenly everybody's upset. So what did you think would happen when you lose your 4 yr starting qb against 2 really good football teams, huh? I think Celina will be just fine....they have the athletes and the seniors to overcome this adversity. You have to give the coaching staff some latitude here....they're not on the field playing the game. Mistakes are gonna happen early in the season, but the coaches will get those corrected. And if the staff made a few mistakes, they'll get those changes and adjustments made. The team will rebound and be a contender, jmo.

Oh where to begin with this response....Yea Celina has time to get the kinks worked out and for the rest of the schedule it will look like we did. We will beat Melissa, pound Anna, kill Aubrey, beat Bridgeport and walk all over Krum....and then we play someone like Gilmer or Tatum, or Henderson, or Gainsville, or Argyle, or Bishop Lynch and those same Kinks seem to magically appear again! That is what the frustration is all about. Oh don't let me forget Bonham who lost to Howe , and someone else this weekend, yes we will steam roll them! Losing Nathan hurt, but there is still a lot of talent on this team to overcome the loss of Nathan. Bishop Lynch had 17 first downs and 6 TD's with 371 yards rushing which tells you a lot right there. I still think we will make it to the Semis this year and we should because Region 1 is the weakest Region for all of D2. When we get to the Semis we will face either Gilmer or Tatum and I fear that our defense will not have any of these kinks worked out.

Twirling Time
09-22-2014, 12:44 AM
Celina should have a clear path to the state semifinals out west. The toughest opposition will be either Vernon or Monahans. Celina beat Vernon in the state semifinals in 2006 and the numbers advantage has completely reversed since then. Vernon has dropped 100 kids in their school and Celina has added 200 in the last 8 years.

d0tc0m
09-22-2014, 11:01 AM
There was a time when rushing for 100 yards against Celina's 'Orange Crush' defense was a success ... But almost 400 yards? Good Lord. That's just embarrassing. If you can't stop a one-trick pony like Lynch and their one stud running back, you'll get run off the freaking field against a Gilmer/Tatum. It'd be over by the end of the first quarter.

I'm not present at the games, so I can't speak about much in the way of coaching. But it sounds like there were zero adjustments made in this game and the Argyle game. If that's true, then a lot of the burden falls on the coaches. But some of the responsibility has to go on the kids, too. These kids are too worried about which uniform they'll be wearing and whether or not they'll be able to get a good selfie before/after the game/practice to post on twitter. There was a time when having a cell phone out in the locker room resulted in some tire flipping. Now it's almost like it's celebrated. I say all that to say this: The coaches can coach and preach and teach all they want, but if the kids don't want to sell out and really, really buy into the program, then it's all for naught.

Wonkas_Willy
09-22-2014, 01:49 PM
The legends are gone and so is the glory

orange machine
09-22-2014, 02:45 PM
The legends are gone and so is the glory

That was an awesome documentary!!

ynot
09-22-2014, 03:40 PM
At what point is enough enough? This program has been on life support for quite some time. But we are Celina, we do what Celina does, really???? Good luck? And 3andout I dare you to get on here a spew your mouth. As I read the stats I cant help but CHUCKLE only to notice that Celina is still running the 10-1 gimmick defense that was made popular before the invention of the cell phone, and the people in Collin County were riding in horse and buggy. And your response will be we won championships playing with that Def you're right G.A Moore sure did, your daddy sure did!!!!!!! G.A:clap::clap: G.A:clap::clap:G.A:clap::clap:. I have also noticed the quality of Pre district has gotten better :clap::clap::clap::clap:: But Celina still runs away from Prosper! Stephanville!!! For God sake Stephanville plays a team from Alaska week 1. Good Luck this week I'm sure you guys will figure it out!!!!

orange machine
09-22-2014, 04:48 PM
:1popcorn:

Celina8
09-22-2014, 05:52 PM
Wow!!!!

orange machine
09-22-2014, 06:00 PM
Wow!!!!

now the the GA Moore chant is going this is definitely taking a turn.

ynot
09-22-2014, 06:23 PM
"What you allow to happen will continue to happen"

3 and out
09-22-2014, 07:39 PM
:2thumbsup:2thumbsup:2thumbsup:2thumbsup

ynot
09-22-2014, 07:56 PM
Instead of being on a public forum I would recommend getting on your I phone 5 calling Daddy so he can help you get a 3 and out!!!!!!

3 and out
09-22-2014, 07:59 PM
Instead of being on a public forum I would recommend getting on your I phone 5 calling Daddy so he can help you get a 3 and out!!!!!!
:blahblah::blahblah::blahblah::blahblah:

ynot
09-22-2014, 09:53 PM
Yes your right!! That's exactly what the Defense looked like BLAH. Lets attempt to stop our next opponent please!

Wonkas_Willy
09-23-2014, 11:02 AM
Nothing wrong with the 10-1/Special D.... However the Legends aren't there to coach it so now you get what average coaches get... Everybody cant be G.A. or Butch

ynot
09-23-2014, 12:16 PM
Over estimating when you say Average!

Wonkas_Willy
09-23-2014, 01:29 PM
Im not trying to hate on Celina's coaches. All I am saying is the LEGENDS are gone. Why they got away from the Celina O is a mystery and I am betting they are not EXACTLY running the 10-1/Special EXACTLY like Butch did. I would also imagine that maybe the kids don't play as hard for the current guys as they did for the LEGENDS and I am sure the parents don't believe as much in the current guys as they did the LEGENDS.... Tie ALL that together and you go from Great to Good in a hurry. Keep on and its Good to average pretty quick

regaleagle
09-23-2014, 05:30 PM
A word of caution here to the Celina faithful.....post favorably about your team. When you post negatives, you attract negative feedback.

JJWalker
09-24-2014, 11:00 AM
A word of caution here to the Celina faithful.....post favorably about your team. When you post negatives, you attract negative feedback.

I have never met a group of fans more supportive of their team than those silly orange punch drinkers in Celina. But, I think they are being realistic when they look around and assess the good and bad of their town's current program.

Wonkas_Willy
09-24-2014, 01:35 PM
I really liked them when the LEGENDS coached there, Now...not so much. Football is best when Permian, Katy, Plano, Celina, Southlake, Pilot Point, Daingerfield and such like are winning. It seems like maybe Celina's time is gone much like Mojo is a thing of the past

ynot
09-24-2014, 02:05 PM
I am pretty positive that the Fans of Celina Love their football! What they don't love is the way the program is heading. It could be because Celina is known for one thing and its not losing football games. Current staff members are more concerned about sending invites via Facebook for Farmville and Candy Crush or promoting Advocare and I'm for certain that fans don't care about Facebook they want to WIN!!!!!!! Is that to much to ask for?

orange machine
09-24-2014, 03:08 PM
I really liked them when the LEGENDS coached there, Now...not so much. Football is best when Permian, Katy, Plano, Celina, Southlake, Pilot Point, Daingerfield and such like are winning. It seems like maybe Celina's time is gone much like Mojo is a thing of the past

Hate to agree, but it appears you are correct!!

3 and out
09-24-2014, 07:57 PM
:hijacktd::1offtopc:

bobcat1
09-26-2014, 06:16 AM
I am pretty positive that the Fans of Celina Love their football! What they don't love is the way the program is heading. It could be because Celina is known for one thing and its not losing football games. Current staff members are more concerned about sending invites via Facebook for Farmville and Candy Crush or promoting Advocare and I'm for certain that fans don't care about Facebook they want to WIN!!!!!!! Is that to much to ask for?

Dew Whut?