PDA

View Full Version : Week 4 - BELLVILLE (2-1) at SEALY (1-2)

Scoop27
09-15-2014, 10:57 AM
Austin County Battle

The Bull #40
09-15-2014, 12:54 PM
This is always the most anticipated game of the year for the Brahmas until playoff time. A great rivalry, even though we're not in the same district anymore, I think this is gonna be a great game. Bellville seems to be improving on offense and with Sealy losing a close one to Wharton I think they'll be hungry for a win this week.

BB BULLS
09-16-2014, 06:03 AM
yes this should be a very good game going Bellville 21 Sealy 14

The Bull #40
09-17-2014, 03:20 PM
I haven't seen the thread for the Bellville vs. Sealy this dead in years! Where is teetle and all his nonsense? Did he leave with Jimmy?

MJMbrahmas10
09-17-2014, 03:37 PM
This shall be interesting. I don't see sealy being able to put up points against our defense. Brahmas special teams and defense is great. Offense is coming around. Bellville by 14

The Bull #40
09-17-2014, 03:46 PM
This shall be interesting. I don't see sealy being able to put up points against our defense. Brahmas special teams and defense is great. Offense is coming around. Bellville by 14

Not ready to make a prediction just yet, especially after how close Sealy kept it against a good Wharton team... but if our offense clicks like it did last week I think the Tigers will be in trouble. I'm assuming you're going to the game MJM?

Scoop27
09-17-2014, 04:07 PM
I was surprised that Wharton's defense was able to shutout Sealy in the second half. Expect a low-scoring defense battle on Friday

OLE'BULL
09-17-2014, 04:17 PM
I was wondering when this thread was going to heat up. I don't think the Sealy posters are as active anymore, unless someone questions RSJ's speed a little bit! Again I really don't know what to think on this one. If the Brahmas offense comes out like last week, the Tigers are in trouble, TRUST ME. Zapalac threw for 2 TD's, which confirms my posts earlier in the year that he will be an improvement on the QB's of the past couple of years. The kid can play, just needs to get comfortable, which he is doing. Giddings had a strong runner and I imagine Sealy will, they always seem to have a couple of stud skill guys. While the Brahma D lacks size (that might even be an understatement) they make up for it w/ speed across the board. I didn't go to the Giddings game but was Dylan Jackson playing DT like he did vs Stafford? He was settling in nicely at MLB so I am thinking it was just a situational thing for the Stafford game. I am going to be in San Diego for this one and am sick about it, but I am sure I will manage to have a good time and of course will be listening in. As well as getting reports from The Bull #40, right??!?! I think Bellville is starting to click and will take the Tigers down. 31-17 in favor of the Brahmas!!!

MJMbrahmas10
09-17-2014, 05:09 PM
#40 yes I will be at the game.

MJMbrahmas10
09-17-2014, 05:11 PM
If you can't make the game. Check it out at bellvillesports.com

BB BULLS
09-18-2014, 09:06 AM
I haven't seen the thread for the Bellville vs. Sealy this dead in years! Where is teetle and all his nonsense? Did he leave with Jimmy?

bull i guess since we are not in the same district anymore Sealy fans dont care about this game.

The Bull #40
09-18-2014, 11:32 AM
I was wondering when this thread was going to heat up. I don't think the Sealy posters are as active anymore, unless someone questions RSJ's speed a little bit! Again I really don't know what to think on this one. If the Brahmas offense comes out like last week, the Tigers are in trouble, TRUST ME. Zapalac threw for 2 TD's, which confirms my posts earlier in the year that he will be an improvement on the QB's of the past couple of years. The kid can play, just needs to get comfortable, which he is doing. Giddings had a strong runner and I imagine Sealy will, they always seem to have a couple of stud skill guys. While the Brahma D lacks size (that might even be an understatement) they make up for it w/ speed across the board. I didn't go to the Giddings game but was Dylan Jackson playing DT like he did vs Stafford? He was settling in nicely at MLB so I am thinking it was just a situational thing for the Stafford game. I am going to be in San Diego for this one and am sick about it, but I am sure I will manage to have a good time and of course will be listening in. As well as getting reports from The Bull #40, right??!?! I think Bellville is starting to click and will take the Tigers down. 31-17 in favor of the Brahmas!!!

OLE BULL, you know I'll be in the stands packed like a sardine for this one giving you updates! I hope to see Jackson back at MLB too, we can't not have him in the middle.

The Bull #40
09-18-2014, 11:34 AM
bull i guess since we are not in the same district anymore Sealy fans dont care about this game.

Well that's a shame, this is one of the better rivalries in what is now "4A". I wait all year for this matchup, whether we are in the same district or not! I thought most fans from both towns were the same...

whitelightning5
09-18-2014, 01:40 PM
Well that's a shame, this is one of the better rivalries in what is now "4A". I wait all year for this matchup, whether we are in the same district or not! I thought most fans from both towns were the same...

I'm relatively new to TXDL, but the only times I can remember Sealy fans on this message board is when their team was loaded with talent. They sure loved to debate back then. It is still a RIVALRY, but I don't think either fanbase knows much about their team and how they will perform from week to week, so there is not much chest thumping going on.

The Bull #40
09-18-2014, 01:55 PM
I'm relatively new to TXDL, but the only times I can remember Sealy fans on this message board is when their team was loaded with talent. They sure loved to debate back then. It is still a RIVALRY, but I don't think either fanbase knows much about their team and how they will perform from week to week, so there is not much chest thumping going on.

I've known some long-time sealy posters, and I don't think they're fair weather fans. Their posting has seemed to drop off the since the coaching change though, which I find somewhat odd because there were several posters who were openly ready for Jimmy Mitchell to leave... I wonder where those posters are. As far as not knowing how good their team will be, that's what I'm most excited for this year. Two pretty good teams that I believe will probably play some of their best football this week due to the rivalry and atmosphere this game always brings with it!!!!

The Bull #40
09-18-2014, 01:58 PM
I'm also surprised at the lack of Brahma faithful posting this season.... many of the regulars just don't seem to be posting this year.

bird_fan
09-18-2014, 02:07 PM
Im going with the bulls in this game. To me its like El Campo vs Wharton in that its power vs speed. Sealy and Wharton seem verysimuar team as is El Campo and Bellville So I will go with power and Bellvilles slot T to win But Good Luck to both teams as the year goes on

whitelightning5
09-18-2014, 02:11 PM
I've known some long-time sealy posters, and I don't think they're fair weather fans. Their posting has seemed to drop off the since the coaching change though, which I find somewhat odd because there were several posters who were openly ready for Jimmy Mitchell to leave... I wonder where those posters are. As far as not knowing how good their team will be, that's what I'm most excited for this year. Two pretty good teams that I believe will probably play some of their best football this week due to the rivalry and atmosphere this game always brings with it!!!!

In the words of Bart Scott...."CAN'T WAIT"

Except for maybe sitting in those horrible stands on the visitor side.

BB BULLS
09-19-2014, 06:59 AM
In the words of Bart Scott...."CAN'T WAIT"

Except for maybe sitting in those horrible stands on the visitor side.

looks like we will be wet while we are in the bad seats as well. think i will just stand the whole game, you know its gonna be packed on the vistor side.

zebrablue2
09-19-2014, 07:23 AM
Good luck to the Brahmas, play hard and injury free. Field is gonna be a mess I'm afraid!. Going to pick Sealy by 7, simply because I don't want to pick the Bulls and jinx them. I picked Giddings last week and we won. Going to stay on that trend until things change, or when we play Brookshire:) Go by Tony's and have some Catfish or C/F steak before the game, some of the best in Texas...

duckhunter
09-19-2014, 09:50 AM
Good luck to the Brahmas, play hard and injury free. Field is gonna be a mess I'm afraid!. Going to pick Sealy by 7, simply because I don't want to pick the Bulls and jinx them. I picked Giddings last week and we won. Going to stay on that trend until things change, or when we play Brookshire:) Go by Tony's and have some Catfish or C/F steak before the game, some of the best in Texas...

this is duck hunting weather, not Football!!!

The Bull #40
09-19-2014, 10:30 AM
Finally gameday!! I have a feeling it's gonna be a mudbowl of sorts considering the weather Austin Co has had lately, but that should make the players have some extra fun - I always loved a good mud game! I hope the Brahmas come out clicking on offense like they did last week and our defense keeps playing stout. I think the Brahmas take this one in a sloppy, wet, hard-noses, defensive football game 17-14.

The Bull #40
09-19-2014, 08:50 PM
10-0 Bellville at the half

buff4ever
09-19-2014, 10:16 PM
16 to 2 Bellville in this one. The Bellville defense has allowed 0 to Caldwell, 12 or 14 to Stafford, 21 to giddings, and now technically 0 of the 2 to sealy. Bellville is proving to be very solid on defense.

zebrablue2
09-19-2014, 11:04 PM
Congrats to the Brahmas, always a good win beating Sealy!!!

BB BULLS
09-19-2014, 11:12 PM
once again Bellville D did out standing and the O did just enough. Zebra I will be willing to bet that we wont get a rancher report. but that is just fine with me

MJMbrahmas10
09-20-2014, 12:40 AM
That Brahma D is tough. All 11 of them deserve the game ball.

zebrablue2
09-20-2014, 08:16 AM
once again Bellville D did out standing and the O did just enough. Zebra I will be willing to bet that we wont get a rancher report. but that is just fine with me

:iagree: Rancher Who? Lets keep it that way:)

Pudlugger
09-20-2014, 09:51 AM
Congratulations Brahmas on another big win. While your D keeps up the pressure your offense is steadily improving. By district yall will be contending for DC.

MJMbrahmas10
09-20-2014, 01:43 PM
Heard rumors if several sealy players quitting, also noticed that after the game there were a few sealy stragglers that would not join their team in the postgame huddle in the field. Any word out of sealy on what's going on? Or is that why we aren't hearin much from sealy posters???

TigerPride12
09-21-2014, 08:02 PM
There was the starting running back who quit for unknown reasons and one of the slot receivers moved away. Hats off to Bellville on the defensive side of the ball. Make it very difficult for Einkauf to get anything going in the pocket. Most of his throws were on roll outs or scrambles. I was very impressed with the front 4. Sealy defense played well as they have the whole season but lack of an explosive offense is the reason Sealy is 1-3. I'm sure coach Holcomb and staff will have the team playing and the level they can be by district.

The Bull #40
09-22-2014, 12:45 PM
I thought Bellville played a heck of a game on both sides of the ball. Essentially shutting out a fairly good Sealy Tiger team is no easy feat, and other than the safety the Brahma defense did just that. The Tigers were not as good on offense as I thought they would be, but their defense was fairly stout, the big plays just killed them in the end. I think the Brahmas will be a force to be reckoned with come district play.