Roughneck93
09-14-2014, 11:47 AM
:1popcorn:

Saggy Aggie
09-14-2014, 11:51 AM
Whos gonna own the Cowpies D today??

SintonFan_inAustin
09-14-2014, 11:57 AM
Whos gonna own the Cowpies D today??surely not the team that use to be from Houston and the team that resides in Houston right now. Dallas two wins for sure this season :)

Roughneck93
09-14-2014, 11:57 AM
Whos gonna own the Cowpies D today??

I hope Kendall Wright has a good game....:)

SintonFan_inAustin
09-14-2014, 11:59 AM
:1popcorn: 1-1 Cowboys :cheerl:

Saggy Aggie
09-14-2014, 12:09 PM
dez hurt.... and tony throws one into the turf the next play swoopes-esque, then sacked :-)

Roughneck93
09-14-2014, 12:09 PM
Uh oh...Dez injured.

Ugly end to that drive.

Txbroadcaster
09-14-2014, 03:18 PM
1-1...Murray was a beast..D looked solid

Gen.Pat
09-14-2014, 03:25 PM
Cows win and eat more Chicken.

Bullaholic
09-14-2014, 03:42 PM
I'll take the win. The Cowboys learned to play within themselves and use what they have the tools to do well, plus learned what playing solid football can do for you. Now, the big question---what will they do when another team takes away the run? We shall see...

Saggy Aggie
09-14-2014, 04:49 PM
Nice game by the cowboys.

Titans aren't any good but Dallas did what a good team should, shut them down. Murray had a nice game minus the fumble. Pass blocking sucked and needs to improve but run blocking was great

cougartino
09-14-2014, 07:50 PM
Wins are always nice. Let's hope they "watch film and get better" meaning keep feeding Murray with a pass thrown in, and play team D.

bobcat1
09-14-2014, 10:24 PM
I hope Kendall Wright has a good game....:)

It was nice to see him on TV. I met him after Pittsburg lost to Celina in 2007. He had tears streaming down his face. He was a senior and I told him what a special player he was and that he would go far. He shook my hand and said thanks. I'll never forget it.

Roughneck93
09-14-2014, 11:22 PM
It was nice to see him on TV. I met him after Pittsburg lost to Celina in 2007. He had tears streaming down his face. He was a senior and I told him what a special player he was and that he would go far. He shook my hand and said thanks. I'll never forget it.

I missed most of the game, glad to see the 'Boys won.

Sadly, Kendall was of no help fantasy wise for me today...:(

Farmersfan
09-15-2014, 09:54 AM
Good win for the 'boys.

coach
09-15-2014, 10:02 AM
Good win for the 'boys.

I love how when the cowboys lose there's 15 pages, but when they win only 15 comments.

Farmersfan
09-15-2014, 03:26 PM
I love how when the cowboys lose there's 15 pages, but when they win only 15 comments.

They beat the Titans for petes sake. Is that how low the Cowboys have gotten where we are supposed to be jubilant by a victory over the frickin' Titans? I saw no real reason to bring up old issues and old conversations in a win where Romo didn't actually make any real mistakes but let's not fool ourselves. Once they play a defense that is able to handle the run game it will once again fall on Romo and I think we all know what that will get us. On a side note: The Texans cut Matt Schaub who had basically the same stats as Romo has for his career and bring in a younger guy to try and get that winner behind the center. So far it looks like the best move. Only time will tell but the Texans did exactly what i have begged the Cowboys to do. we'll just have to wait and see how it works out for the Texans but so far it appears they will be much better than they were. Will Jerry Jones take note? Hell no he won't!

Macarthur
09-15-2014, 04:00 PM
On a side note: The Texans cut Matt Schaub who had basically the same stats as Romo has for his career and bring in a younger guy to try and get that winner behind the center.

lol!

Macarthur
09-15-2014, 04:05 PM
And I agree with you, FF, that we should not go over board on this victory. Locker was really bad. He missed several open throws.

I will say this. That Titans DL is pretty solid. The OL's run blocking was outstanding; the pass blocking was a bit suspect, esp Free.

bobcat1
09-15-2014, 04:27 PM
the pass blocking was a bit suspect, esp Free.
You mean Doug Set 'em Free? He never has been good. Slow feet and short arms with no flexibility.

coach
09-16-2014, 11:46 AM
They beat the Titans for petes sake. Is that how low the Cowboys have gotten where we are supposed to be jubilant by a victory over the frickin' Titans? I saw no real reason to bring up old issues and old conversations in a win where Romo didn't actually make any real mistakes but let's not fool ourselves. Once they play a defense that is able to handle the run game it will once again fall on Romo and I think we all know what that will get us. On a side note: The Texans cut Matt Schaub who had basically the same stats as Romo has for his career and bring in a younger guy to try and get that winner behind the center. So far it looks like the best move. Only time will tell but the Texans did exactly what i have begged the Cowboys to do. we'll just have to wait and see how it works out for the Texans but so far it appears they will be much better than they were. Will Jerry Jones take note? Hell no he won't!

Im saying that when the COwboys lose we go bananas and beat the dead horse eve if it is 8 times a year. But when they win, no matter who it is agaiunst its like they never played.

caleb_mccaig
09-16-2014, 01:09 PM
And I agree with you, FF, that we should not go over board on this victory. Locker was really bad. He missed several open throws.

I will say this. That Titans DL is pretty solid. The OL's run blocking was outstanding; the pass blocking was a bit suspect, esp Free.

According to PFT, Locker had the least efficient game of his career lol.

Regardless, the Cowboys D is looking miles better than I thought they were going to so I can't complain about that and the it looks like we may actually be committed to the running game. I've been saying all off-season Demarco could run for 1,400+ yards if he stays healthy.

I'm satisfied, I'm not expecting them to win more than possibly 9 games though.

But if you look at their schedule it isn't farfetched for them to be 7-3 or 8-2. They have the Rams, Saints (Who are not looking good), Texans, Seahawks, Giants (Worst team in the league), Redskins, Cardinals and Jaguars.

Not saying it will happen, but it's a possibility.

Saggy Aggie
09-16-2014, 01:42 PM
According to PFT, Locker had the least efficient game of his career lol.

Regardless, the Cowboys D is looking miles better than I thought they were going to so I can't complain about that and the it looks like we may actually be committed to the running game. I've been saying all off-season Demarco could run for 1,400+ yards if he stays healthy.

I'm satisfied, I'm not expecting them to win more than possibly 9 games though.

But if you look at their schedule it isn't farfetched for them to be 7-3 or 8-2. They have the Rams, Saints (Who are not looking good), Texans, Seahawks, Giants (Worst team in the league), Redskins, Cardinals and Jaguars.

Not saying it will happen, but it's a possibility.

Well they'll lose to Houston at least.... :)

Cam
09-16-2014, 04:09 PM
Well they'll lose to Houston at least.... :)

didn't Dallas draft Tyron Smith over J.J. Watt?.....I'm pretty sure they did cause I remember being pissed when they passed on J.J........Don't get me wrong, Smith is a nice player...but J.J. has turned into a beast!!....maybe we'll get to see how Smith handles Watt or vice versa.......Of course, had Jerry taken J.J., he probably would've insisted they convert him to a TE....and he'd be cut by now!....:spitlol:

bobcat1
09-16-2014, 05:04 PM
didn't Dallas draft Tyron Smith over J.J. Watt?.....I'm pretty sure they did cause I remember being pissed when they passed on J.J........Don't get me wrong, Smith is a nice player...but J.J. has turned into a beast!!....maybe we'll get to see how Smith handles Watt or vice versa.......Of course, had Jerry taken J.J., he probably would've insisted they convert him to a TE....and he'd be cut by now!....:spitlol:

JJ Watt will be going against Doug "Set 'em" Free. Poor Tony.

caleb_mccaig
09-16-2014, 09:39 PM

Tyron Smith is one of the top three LT's in the league and he's only 23. I'd say having a franchise LT is more important than a dominating defensive end who wears down way more with age.

Macarthur
09-16-2014, 11:09 PM
Tyron Smith is one of the top three LT's in the league and he's only 23. I'd say having a franchise LT is more important than a dominating defensive end who wears down way more with age.

Both great players.

Farmersfan
09-17-2014, 02:24 PM
Im saying that when the COwboys lose we go bananas and beat the dead horse eve if it is 8 times a year. But when they win, no matter who it is agaiunst its like they never played.

I think most people aren't jumping to any conclusions over this win. The 'boys win several games in a row and play pretty good football people will actually begin to talk them up again. right now I think everybody is just holding their breath waiting for the bottom to fall out again. For me it's simply an expectation that the "Romo Monster" will rear it's ugly head eventually.................

buff4ever
09-18-2014, 09:17 AM
We have a descent line and a running game. So far the defense hasn't obviously shown that it is going to be as bad as last year. So, obviously the romosexuals excuse will be his back. Heck, we should give him a bump up on his contact knowing he will be a pro bowler next year.

That was sarcasm at the end.

full circle
09-18-2014, 11:07 AM
Murray will be hurt within a month, lets see if they will really stay committed to run, and I'M holding my breath on the defense, so far pretty good, but I'm not sold yet