PDA

View Full Version : Look how good the SEC is....

Saggy Aggie
09-13-2014, 05:26 PM
Unranked Arkie taking it to Tech!

Oh man! The SEC is sooo good.

Too bad that conference is top heavy. We all know the big 12 is at least DEEP!

regaleagle
09-13-2014, 05:44 PM
Tech's D looks about like that of UT last week against a fairly vanilla BYU team. Tech will have to outscore teams this season to win games....unless they can get that defense ironed out. They seem to be playing some young athletes on both sides of the ball. The offense is not bad, but they are playing JUCO's and younger players on that side as well.

Saggy Aggie
09-13-2014, 05:47 PM
Most important thing is, the big 12 is DEEEP!

regaleagle
09-13-2014, 05:47 PM
Hard to say about Arkie, but Bielema went and got some of those BIG BOYS for the line like he did at Wisconsin and made this team a power running team. We'll see how they do against the competition. Tech's not a worthy comparison....they're still a work in progress.

regaleagle
09-13-2014, 05:58 PM
BIG 12 not super deep this season....but has a few really good teams in Baylor and Oklahoma. Maybe another BIG 12er will emerge as the season progresses...just too early to tell. We all knew Texas and Tech would not be there, and Okie State has a young QB in Walsh this season. KState lost quite a bit, but Bill Snyder should never be underestimated. TCU is a complete question mark how good they could be....probably good enough to get to a good bowl.

I'd put TCU's lady cheerleaders against most other teams' for gorgeousness, haha.

BwdLions
09-16-2014, 04:57 PM
Unranked Arkie taking it to Tech!

Oh man! The SEC is sooo good.

Too bad that conference is top heavy. We all know the big 12 is at least DEEP!

You make it sound like the pigs upset a highly ranked Tech team. In the end, the $EC will be over-hyped (again).

Saggy Aggie
09-16-2014, 06:19 PM
Man, 7 out of the top 15 from the SEC! I sure with the SEC was as DEEEEP as the big 12. SEC = top heavy

BwdLions
09-17-2014, 10:43 AM
With the brutal schedule most of the $EC teams are playing right now, it's surprising that more of those teams aren't in the top end of the polls.

1st and goal
09-17-2014, 01:23 PM
IMO, Arkansas' running game has me worried when they play A&M on the 27th. I hope the Aggie D line is healed up by then.

Saggy Aggie
09-17-2014, 06:07 PM
Sec schools don't have to play tough non conference games because their conference schedule is twice as hard as any other conference's

BwdLions
09-18-2014, 09:52 AM
They don't have to play tough non-conference games? First of all, what does playing Lamar and SMU do for you? How does that get you ready for conference games? Who wants to watch those kind of games? Sure the Aggies played South Carolina on the road, That's what I'm talking about. That's a good opponent and it was a good win. But the rest of their non-conference schedule is a joke.0

It's not true that the $EC is twice as hard as any other conference. You've been watching too much ESPN. The conference is top heavy (just like the Big XII). However, because the $EC conference has 14 teams, sure they have more good teams, but it's definitely not twice as hard. Let's not get carried away.

Saggy Aggie
09-19-2014, 01:43 PM
They don't have to play tough non-conference games? First of all, what does playing Lamar and SMU do for you? How does that get you ready for conference games? Who wants to watch those kind of games? Sure the Aggies played South Carolina on the road, That's what I'm talking about. That's a good opponent and it was a good win. But the rest of their non-conference schedule is a joke.0

It's not true that the $EC is twice as hard as any other conference. You've been watching too much ESPN. The conference is top heavy (just like the Big XII). However, because the $EC conference has 14 teams, sure they have more good teams, but it's definitely not twice as hard. Let's not get carried away.

LOL, i love how every onepoints out lamar and rice but conveniently forget SC on the road... as if every team in the country doesnt have a cakewalk or two on their schedule. A&M plays 5 top 10 teams this year... i dont think they need to play one EVERY single week....

Lets see, the longhorns milk duds include north texas and BYU.. who still blew them out LOL....

The almighty baylor plays SMU, northwestern state and buffalo, then a breeze of a conference schedule compared to A&M.... im still trying to find your point?

A&M by any standard has a tougher overall schedule than almost anyone in the country. I think their schedule was ranked in the top 10 preseason.... Yes, lets keep pointing out 2 milk duds in a schedule chock ful of top 15 teams... because thats what really matters.

Gen.Pat
09-20-2014, 09:48 AM
HOGS took the Red Raiders and turned them into Red Rabble. 499 yards rushing 7 rd' s all on the ground.

PhiI C
09-21-2014, 07:19 PM
Don't forget North Texas had a great season last year and made a bowl game. BYU has won a more recent NC than A&M.

SEC team Missouri never fails to disappoint losing to Indiana and how about mighty LSU getting whipped by Clemson.

These things run in cycles over time.

Saggy Aggie
09-21-2014, 09:58 PM
Don't forget North Texas had a great season last year and made a bowl game. BYU has won a more recent NC than A&M.

SEC team Missouri never fails to disappoint losing to Indiana and how about mighty LSU getting whipped by Clemson.

These things run in cycles over time.

Lsu got beat by miss st

Saggy Aggie
09-21-2014, 10:01 PM
All 7 teams in the SEC west should be ranked.

Their total record is 24-2, with both losses coming to other SEC west schools....

1st and goal
09-22-2014, 11:28 AM
All 7 teams in the SEC west should be ranked.

Their total record is 24-2, with both losses coming to other SEC west schools....

I agree but most of the wins are cupcake wins. After another month, when we get into the real meat and potatoes of the schedule will tell. Some good teams will be sitting home or playing in a lackluster bowl game.

Still wish the playoff included 8 teams. Done by final rankings, from whatever conference. I wouldn't be surprised if 5 SEC teams end up in the top 10.

JJWalker
09-22-2014, 12:08 PM
After the Rice game, I think I know what kind of defense the Aggies have.

However, if you remain unsure, I think Arkansas is going to answer it for everyone else.

I love A&M and the exciting team they are, but I do not think their defense has arrived yet. I hope I am wrong.

1st and goal
09-22-2014, 12:25 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/forde-s-fab-four--latest-playoff-projections-still-have--bama-on-outside-looking-in-223030044-ncaaf.html

New Taiton
09-22-2014, 02:00 PM

However, if you remain unsure, I think Arkansas is going to answer it for everyone else.

I love A&M and the exciting team they are, but I do not think their defense has arrived yet. I hope I am wrong.

I'm optimistic that having two starting linebackers, two defensive tackles, and our lockdown corner back will help with the defeciencies we saw against Rice. If anything, the DL and LB will have some depth which will aid in the effort.

I think A&M will be able to sell out on the run and make Arkansas throw the ball. They were very lackluster in the passing game against Tech. If the defense can make 4 stops, I think we have a good shot to win a shootout - especially with as pourous as their defense as been as well.

Rabid Cougar
09-22-2014, 02:23 PM

Score everytime you make a stop. That's what ttu didn't do.

Saggy Aggie
09-22-2014, 08:19 PM
I wouldn't call devante Harris a shutdown corner and I'm a homer...