PDA

View Full Version : La Grange @ Taylor

Pudlugger
09-13-2014, 10:53 AM
The 3-0 Leopards, who are coming off a crucial win over La Vernia, will travel to 0-3 Taylor in a bid to extend their record to 4-0. The chance of a let down always worries me but this team seems as mentally tough as physically tough. With 26 seniors playing their last season of highschool football each game is the big game. I think the Leps roll big in this game. Leps by 28.

PappaFeelGood
09-13-2014, 06:36 PM
Pud I can't disagree with you. LEPS continue to roll and I like the 28 pts.

Pudlugger
09-14-2014, 11:05 AM
I checked out the Taylor stadium. It seems really old and small for such a large school. I thought our stadium was bad but it is better than Taylor's which was built in 1920. What is the condition of the turf?

There is a movement in LG to build a new football stadium. Perhaps if the Leps have a deep run this year in the playoffs enough interest will mount for this. We built a beautiful new baseball stadium a few years back after three State Championships since 2001.

Pudlugger
09-17-2014, 08:10 AM
Not much interest from LG folks in this game. Hopefully the players and coaches don't overlook this game. This could be a real opportunity to work on our offense. Go Leps! Make it 4-0

greendawg84
09-17-2014, 08:17 AM
I checked out the Taylor stadium. It seems really old and small for such a large school. I thought our stadium was bad but it is better than Taylor's which was built in 1920. What is the condition of the turf?

There is a movement in LG to build a new football stadium. Perhaps if the Leps have a deep run this year in the playoffs enough interest will mount for this. We built a beautiful new baseball stadium a few years back after three State Championships since 2001.

Field is grass and never in good shape ! Just wait until you see the parking .......

panfan
09-17-2014, 09:23 AM
Field is grass and never in good shape ! Just wait until you see the parking .......

Can't recall the last time we played football in Taylor, maybe cause I wanted so desperately to forget! Now hey do have a nice baseball/softball complex not associated with the school district. They also have a very nice fairly new HS, bit they forgot to build a stadium or a track to go with it. Ohh and they got some good BBQ. Leps take this one by a couple TDs.

greendawg84
09-17-2014, 10:45 AM
Taylor's field is a twin to Lampasas if you have ever played there .

zebrablue2
09-17-2014, 06:13 PM
Leps by a bunch!!!

LV_Bearfan
09-17-2014, 07:00 PM
Leps by a bunch!!!

Yep. Should be fun for Lep fans. Just need to keep those boys healthy.

Rocket Man
09-17-2014, 10:58 PM
If La Grange doesn't put up 60 on these guys then I'm gonna find some man-cards down there and revoke them.

regaleagle
09-18-2014, 12:50 AM
Could La Grange be this year's "Fairfield" type team? Maybe not quite as dominant in the stats, but lots of seniors and a really good group of quality players? Maybe more like last year's Argyle group, possibly(without Sadler). But maybe they have a Ralston type RB? Tell us a little more about this La Grange team this year. Or would you prefer to wait a few weeks? I'm sure there's a few contenders in DII that would be interested.

LV_Bearfan
09-18-2014, 07:49 AM
Could La Grange be this year's "Fairfield" type team? Maybe not quite as dominant in the stats, but lots of seniors and a really good group of quality players? Maybe more like last year's Argyle group, possibly(without Sadler). But maybe they have a Ralston type RB? Tell us a little more about this La Grange team this year. Or would you prefer to wait a few weeks? I'm sure there's a few contenders in DII that would be interested.

Yes. La Grange could be this year's Fairfield. They must stay healthy. They have a solid team overall with a major difference maker at RB/QB. I guess they block very well because they got the corner on our D without a single holding call all night. They are the first to do that in quite a while. With a speedster and very good line play they are deadly. Punt coverage is a nightmare because of the constant threat of a fake with a 4.3-4.4 back. Their defense is solid. They made no mistakes in our game which was really the difference in the game in my opinion. Their base set offense is okay. The wildcat is what could win a championship if #22 stays healthy. He is fast, but his ability to break tackles is what makes him really special. #5 is simply a workhorse who works the inside running game. They are deadly in the return game. For the life of me, I cannot understand why we kicked it to them at the 15 when our kicker can put the ball in the end zone. I would never allow them to catch the ball. They will start on your 50 every time if they don't take it to the house.

buff4ever
09-18-2014, 08:42 AM
La grange by a lot in this one.

pudlugger gets more pudlike than ever on these easy win weeks. Thinking he can talk to the boys through the down low again. Don't let em fall for the easy win let down pud, you keep em fired up

Pudlugger
09-18-2014, 10:23 AM
Coach Kates will not run up the score. If the game is in the bag by the third he will put in the second team and subs. he will rest the starters and avoid injuries .This way he develops depth going onto district. I don't know if the Leps are another Fairfirld now but they are playing good ball and getting better each game. Yes Iget Pudlike whenever the possibility pf a letdown exists. I remember the 2008 Smithville game when they took us to the woodsbed 38-0 in our house. It cost us a trip to the playoffs. With younge men 15-18 of age it is not unusual to get distracted and lose focus. Go Leps gameday is here.

hookandladder
09-18-2014, 01:30 PM
Yes. La Grange could be this year's Fairfield. They must stay healthy. They have a solid team overall with a major difference maker at RB/QB. I guess they block very well because they got the corner on our D without a single holding call all night. They are the first to do that in quite a while. With a speedster and very good line play they are deadly. Punt coverage is a nightmare because of the constant threat of a fake with a 4.3-4.4 back. Their defense is solid. They made no mistakes in our game which was really the difference in the game in my opinion. Their base set offense is okay. The wildcat is what could win a championship if #22 stays healthy. He is fast, but his ability to break tackles is what makes him really special. #5 is simply a workhorse who works the inside running game. They are deadly in the return game. For the life of me, I cannot understand why we kicked it to them at the 15 when our kicker can put the ball in the end zone. I would never allow them to catch the ball. They will start on your 50 every time if they don't take it to the house.

Would have to agree with you on most all, the difference this year compared to the last three years is definitely #22 & #5. These two athletes are big time difference makers on both sides of the ball, anyone who kicks it deep to LG is in for a nightmare and offensively every time they touch the ball it could go to the house. Both are just that good, also the OL is getting better and better each week.

speedbump
09-18-2014, 01:32 PM
La grange by a lot in this one.

pudlugger gets more pudlike than ever on these easy win weeks. Thinking he can talk to the boys through the down low again. Don't let em fall for the easy win let down pud, you keep em fired up

I figure Pud gave Taylor their lone vote in the poll to make it look close. That or the board had a visit from ..... Daffy.:crazy1:

Pudlugger
09-18-2014, 01:56 PM
Coach Kates will not run up the score. If the game is in the bag by the third he will put in the second team and subs. he will rest the starters and avoid injuries .This way he develops depth going onto district. I don't know if the Leps are another Fairfirld now but they are playing good ball and getting better each game. Yes Iget Pudlike whenever the possibility pf a letdown exists. I remember the 2008 Smithville game when they took us to the woodsbed 38-0 in our house. It cost us a trip to the playoffs. With younge men 15-18 of age it is not unusual to get distracted and lose focus. Go Leps gameday is here.

I'm getting ahead of myself LOL. Gameday is almost here.

Pudlugger
09-19-2014, 10:50 AM
Gameday! Good luck tonight in the mud Leps. Prayers for a safe trip and injury free games for all Downlowers tonight. Go Leps make it 4-0!!!

Pudlugger
09-21-2014, 08:28 AM
While the Ducks keyed on #22 Dobbins the Leps handed the ball to Hutchison who scored 4 tds not counting the 80 yard PicSix that was called back on a clipping penalty. Hutchison's speed and toughness was masterful Friday night.