PDA

View Full Version : Adrian Peterson Indicted

Bullaholic
09-12-2014, 05:54 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2014/09/12/justice/nfl-vikings-adrian-peterson-indicted/index.html

And another....

bobcat1
09-12-2014, 05:57 PM
He went overboard. I am for spanking a child but this was bad. http://www.tmz.com/2014/09/12/adrian-peterson-indicted-for-child-abuse/

Macarthur
09-12-2014, 08:36 PM
He went overboard. I am for spanking a child but this was bad. http://www.tmz.com/2014/09/12/adrian-peterson-indicted-for-child-abuse/

Agree

1st and goal
09-13-2014, 08:52 AM
I guess my mama should go to prison too. I've been switched when I was a kid leaving whelps across the back of my legs.

hollywood
09-13-2014, 09:06 AM
Peach tree switches are the worst.

LionFan72
09-13-2014, 09:20 AM
Peach tree switches are the worst.

Amen, and especially when you don't get the "right one" the first time!

Gen.Pat
09-13-2014, 09:54 AM
Well my parents and grandparents need to go to jail ! My legs and butt looked like at least a dozen times if I was wearing shorts. Gee Whizz even Texas is becoming a Nanny state.

Saggy Aggie
09-13-2014, 10:14 AM
I'm all for spanking and whatnot, but it's a different time nowadays than it was back then. I think we can all agree that it's not necessary to leave marks like that on a kid. That's over the top...

Phantom Stang
09-13-2014, 10:44 AM

My parents used belts and flyswatters but not switches, so maybe some of y'all can help me out here...
The marks in the evidence photo look more like scratches than welts to me. What do y'all think?
http://ll-media.tmz.com/2014/09/12/0912-adrian-peterson-son-injuries-5.jpg

Aggie98
09-13-2014, 10:49 AM
My parents used belts and flyswatters but not switches, so maybe some of y'all can help me out here...
The marks in the evidence photo look more like scratches than welts to me. What do y'all think?

Green flyswatter for my mom..... Kept it on top of the fridge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rabid Cougar
09-13-2014, 11:24 AM
Belts, swtiches, fly swatters, hair brushes, wooden spoons, anything within reach... this is rediculous, maybe if more kids had this type of punishment

1st and goal
09-13-2014, 02:11 PM
Belts, swtiches, fly swatters, hair brushes, wooden spoons, anything within reach... this is rediculous, maybe if more kids had this type of punishment
You forgot shoes.
My mom made me get a thin branch off of our ash tree and pull the leaves off of it. She could switch me like it was a bull whip. I think a thicker branch would have hurt less.

bobcat1
09-13-2014, 11:12 PM
Trust me, I have had worse. My dad knocked me smooth out one night. Knocked me through a sheetrock wall into the other room before. I have had running U's from a black thin belt and switch marks all over. But because that happened to me does not make it right. Will I and did I bust my kids asses... you better believe it. But it was on their asses. In those pictures I see the switch marks but if you look close you can also see some belt marks that are older. He crossed the line.

1st and goal
09-14-2014, 05:41 PM
proverbs 23 13

cougartino
09-14-2014, 07:47 PM
I guess my mama should go to prison too. I've been switched when I was a kid leaving whelps across the back of my legs.

Amen, and especially when you don't get the "right one" the first time!

Well my parents and grandparents need to go to jail ! My legs and butt looked like at least a dozen times if I was wearing shorts. Gee Whizz even Texas is becoming a Nanny state.

I didn't know y'all grew up in my house. Now to the bleeding hearts, I will give you this one. Switch and belt whoopings gave me a serious psychological condition where they've yet to find a cure. That condition is called socioadaptilitis. It's commonly referred to as Act Right.

BwdLion73
09-15-2014, 06:42 AM
I'm kind of surprised by some of the post. As someone who was on the receiving end of my dads belt, and a parent who used the same desipline on my son ... I understand and believe in corprol punishment.
But really...you can get your message across without leaving marks like that!

toddg
09-15-2014, 09:01 AM
I'm kind of surprised by some of the post. As someone who was on the receiving end of my dads belt, and a parent who used the same desipline on my son ... I understand and believe in corprol punishment.
My dad's advice to me years ago was to never whoop your kids while in a rage..always take a breath cool down and then do it right..right there with ya BwdLion73!!!

cougartino
09-15-2014, 09:12 AM

IMHO, this is a cultural issue. I'm black and grew up in an era where not only did I receive this type of switch, with whelps greater than those, but if we were anywhere else clowning and someone who knew our parents saw us, they had authority to do the same. And to top it off, in most cases they'd call home before we got there and we'd get another one because our parents would be mad we embarrassed them outside the home. I'm sorry but the parents in our culture didn't send us to the time out corner without our candy apple. We didn't see many candy apples to begin with.

Txbroadcaster
09-15-2014, 09:18 AM
IMHO, this is a cultural issue. I'm black and grew up in an era where not only did I receive this type of switch, with whelps greater than those, but if we were anywhere else clowning and someone who knew our parents saw us, they had authority to do the same. And to top it off, in most cases they'd call home before we got there and we'd get another one because our parents would be mad we embarrassed them outside the home. I'm sorry but the parents in our culture didn't send us to the time out corner without our candy apple. We didn't see many candy apples to begin with.

The child he left those marks on is a 4 year old...those marks were not a couple of hours old, or day old. Those pictures were taken a few days after when he went back to his mother's house. I was whipped with a switch, with a belt, with a shoe just like alot of people and I never once had those type of marks 3-4 days later...I do no think Peterson is abusive, but he was out of line on this one.

cougartino
09-15-2014, 09:39 AM
The child he left those marks on is a 4 year old...those marks were not a couple of hours old, or day old. Those pictures were taken a few days after when he went back to his mother's house. I was whipped with a switch, with a belt, with a shoe just like alot of people and I never once had those type of marks 3-4 days later...I do no think Peterson is abusive, but he was out of line on this one.

I'm not disagreeing. I'm just saying different cultures because I experienced what this kid did at age 5. That's why I never acted up in church again.

Txbroadcaster
09-15-2014, 09:43 AM
I'm not disagreeing. I'm just saying different cultures because I experienced what this kid did at age 5. That's why I never acted up in church again.

It is not a black/white culture thing..it is a region thing IMO..and it was wrong then and wrong now when again marks are still that present 3-4 to a week later.

Farmersfan
09-15-2014, 09:46 AM

A lot of kids didn't act up in church that never got beat like this! There are better ways to teach discipline to kids........

Macarthur
09-15-2014, 09:47 AM
It is not a black/white culture thing..it is a region thing IMO..and it was wrong then and wrong now when again marks are still that present 3-4 to a week later.

See, I agree. There's been talk on several sites I frequent that basically say, '....back in the old days...'

And there was a time when we thought evil spirits caused epilepsy. We now know infinitely more about child development and human psychology. Not that spanking on the bottom doesn't work sometimes, but some would lead you to believe that Manson and Dahmer just didn't get beat enough as a kid.

cougartino
09-15-2014, 10:01 AM
The subsequent comments prove my point. Some seemed surprise and disagree. I get that. That’s where and how you were raised. I’m from a different culture who endure whoopings when I clowned and whooped mine with a switch, belt, and hand when they got out line. I don’t apologize for any of it. They’re highly educated, and I’ve never had to visit them in the jail or cemetery. Interesting thing I heard the Montgomery County ADA say. The community (mostly Anglo and affluent) didn’t agree with Peterson’s methods. I guarantee had the grand jury pool been made up mostly of folks from the south side of Houston (Sunnyside, South Park, 3rd Ward, etc.) he wouldn’t have been able to get an indictment. And I mentioned this on another site. This is deeper than discipline. It goes to show there is still very little communication and understanding between cultures.

Txbroadcaster
09-15-2014, 10:04 AM
The subsequent comments prove my point. Some seemed surprise and disagree. I get that. That’s where and how you were raised. I’m from a different culture who endure whoopings when I clowned and whooped mine with a switch, belt, and hand when they got out line. I don’t apologize for any of it. They’re highly educated, and I’ve never had to visit them in the jail or cemetery. Interesting thing I heard the Montgomery County ADA say. The community (mostly Anglo and affluent) didn’t agree with Peterson’s methods. I guarantee had the grand jury pool been made up mostly of folks from the south side of Houston (Sunnyside, South Park, 3rd Ward, etc.) he wouldn’t have been able to get an indictment. And I mentioned this on another site. This is deeper than discipline. It goes to show there is still very little communication and understanding between cultures.

Again..your assuming white/black It really is not..hell look at how many on here think what he did is ok, most are white.

Macarthur
09-15-2014, 10:10 AM
Yep. White kids got whipped just like black kids did. Has nothing to do with that.

And I keep hearing the anecdote that 'my kids did well' or 'I turned out okay'....Prison is also full of guys that got whipped and beaten as kids. There is no single way of raising kids that works.

cougartino
09-15-2014, 10:14 AM
Again..your assuming white/black It really is not..hell look at how many on here think what he did is ok, most are white.

I'm going based who I saw opposed this on ESPN and other news shows, and what I've experienced. Your take may be based on a different set parameters. I'm not judging it. Just stating what it is from my eye. Some folks even compared this to the Ray Rice thing. That's way off base IMHO.

Trashman
09-15-2014, 10:53 AM
I got spankings as a child and deserved every one of them. :weeping: My dad would be on death row by todays standards. :spitlol: I can honestly say dad never left a mark on me. If AP beat that boy like the above pictures indicate, he needs professional help.:crazy1:

Aesculus gilmus
09-15-2014, 11:00 AM
H. Rap Brown said it best: "Violence is as American as cherry pie."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/H._Rap_Brown

We live in one of the most violent societies on earth and we "export violence to the four corners of the earth."

The latter is a paraphrase of a direct quote from former President George W. Bush.
http://www.atimes.com/atimes/Front_Page/IC09Aa01.html

Violence begets violence. The human race is stuck in a perpetual cycle of violence and has been for its entire recorded history. The only ultimate peace is the peace of the grave.

1st and goal
09-15-2014, 01:44 PM
I say he has to take a parenting class, give him a warning, keep it on record, and let the man play.

Adrian, next time use your hand on his bottom. When his bottom is red, so will your hand be.

bobcat1
09-15-2014, 01:56 PM
Paint sticks on naked butts sting like crazy but never cut into flesh. I was beat with broom handles, coat hangers, switches and skinny black leather belts. I've had my ears pulled until it lifted me off the ground. I've been knocked out once by my Dad and knocked through sheetrock walls by him. Back then it wasn't thought on as abuse. Today it is. Just because that happened to me does not make it right. No 4 year old deserves that kind of whipping be he black white or purple. It breaks my heart to know he was just 4 years old. I despise any man or woman that would do that to a child. Now "All Day Adrian Peterson" means Child Abuser to me. Nothing will ever change that. I mean really what could a 4 year old do that deserves that?

YTBulldogs
09-15-2014, 02:01 PM
What would a hot wheels track spanking get ya today?

Man, I got my butt wore out. All the parents from back around early 70's would be in prison still.

Also, a whoop'in at school, also meant another when I got home. Didn't take me long to learn right from wrong.

Saggy Aggie
09-15-2014, 02:08 PM
I think getting your butt swatted with a hand is more than enough for a 4 year old....

All these old school people talking about how they were disciplined is fine and dandy. I hope those things at least happened to you when you were a bit older than 4....

99IHSMustang
09-15-2014, 02:23 PM
I have come to accept that one day we will be at a point where even mentioning or threatening to spank your child in public will get you in trouble. I do not condone or believe that a 4 year old needs to be whipped to that extent, however I do believe in corporal punishment. I grew up in a household where if you did something bad or didn't listen you would risk the chance of getting smacked. I see so many kids now a days just do what they want and I can guarantee you that it has a lot to do with that there are no consequences.

Farmersfan
09-15-2014, 03:15 PM
It's kind of ironic how we decided 1000s of years ago that one person could not physically assualt another person in order to make his point. Yet we still allow adults to physically assault children in the guise of teaching? I have no issue with corporal punishment when it's used to "get their attention" per sei. But when used to instill pain and fear it serves no good purpose in my opinion. Teach your children right from wrong with LOVE. Then use swats to remind them. If that doesn't work then YOU AREN'T DOING IT RIGHT!

YTBulldogs
09-15-2014, 03:16 PM
I agree 99. And yes, I was older than 4 years old when I got the hot wheels track. And, I wasn't meaning a child getting it SA. Today's kid's in the 12'ish range, that I have been around at times, need their disrespectful, potty mouth, butt whooped.

99IHSMustang
09-15-2014, 04:40 PM
It's kind of ironic how we decided 1000s of years ago that one person could not physically assualt another person in order to make his point. Yet we still allow adults to physically assault children in the guise of teaching? I have no issue with corporal punishment when it's used to "get their attention" per sei. But when used to instill pain and fear it serves no good purpose in my opinion. Teach your children right from wrong with LOVE. Then use swats to remind them. If that doesn't work then YOU AREN'T DOING IT RIGHT!

Sometimes even doing it the way you would deem as "DOING IT RIGHT!" doesn't work. What may work for one kid male or female may not work for another. There are some many influences outside of parenting that can affect kids.

1st and goal
09-15-2014, 05:44 PM

Proverbs 23:13-14New International Version (NIV)

Saying 13

13 Do not withhold discipline from a child;
if you punish them with the rod, they will not die.
14 Punish them with the rod
and save them from death.

Roughneck93
09-15-2014, 07:48 PM
Another whoopin?

http://www.khou.com/story/news/investigations/2014/09/15/new-accusations-peterson-injured-another-son-while-disciplining-4-year-old/15693941/

YTBulldogs
09-15-2014, 08:53 PM

Saying 13

:clap:

Txbroadcaster
09-15-2014, 09:02 PM

Saying 13

Where does that say leave marks that last for days, or hey it is ok to make a child bleed

YTBulldogs
09-15-2014, 09:35 PM
I'm not saying punishment for a child. For the record. If a teenager, bust that butt is ok by me. Better than having them dead out in a ditch from doing bad stuff, and never disciplined them for it.

Today though, I know that's uncool. And, I never had to spank my 20 year old son. He didn't want to disappoint us. But, I would of. I believe in it. Being around kid's often (as a paramedic and sports official) other parents should too, cause their disciplined method ain't working.

YTBulldogs
09-15-2014, 11:13 PM
Might add. I have an older daughter too. She's 31. I did allow the junior high she attended to spank her (I had to sign a consent then. Sadly, not sure they can even spank kids anymore) with a paddle when she was in 7th grade. And, as I received as a kid by my parents, she got another whoopin when she got home. Only happened once. I think she learned to be good after meeting the old board of education. She turned out pretty well.

Macarthur
09-16-2014, 08:09 AM
Interesting.

http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE8161R220120207?irpc=932

Rabid Cougar
09-16-2014, 08:28 AM
I have seen plenty of 4 year olds that would deserve a good switching. 4 year olds will test your will and sanity.
Believe me, it is much easier to set them straight at that age than wait until they are 10 or 12. If they get to be that age and have never been told "no", those are the ones that are going to be problem teenagers.

In most cases, all you have to do it once. Even now, a look is all that it takes with my 18 year old. There were no hollow threats.

waterboy
09-16-2014, 08:47 AM
I agree with most of you. I, too, was whooped regularly as a child with switches and belts until there were welps on the backs of my legs and buttocks. Sometimes they even brought blood. I turned out okay. I believe wholehearted that spankings, or whoopings (for older children) is completely NECESSARY at time. When my children were young, though, it was sufficient to spank them with an open hand on their bottoms. I'm pretty strong, and could make it hurt good. When they became teenagers, I had to resort to using a belt. I will tell you this. Everybody says my kids are very well mannered and behave like good Christians. That's the ultimate compliment in my book.

I do think AD went overboard with his whooping, though. It's a 4-year-old child. They don't deserve a beating like that, in my opinion. Yes, a spanking is appropriate when they don't act the way they should, but I can't imagine a 4-year-old deserving that "kind" of whooping. Yes, you have to inflict pain for kids to identify with, but I think AD is plenty strong enough to make a swat on the bottom with an open hand suffice. Should he be indicted? No, in my opinion, but I do think he needs counseling on anger management. It appears he lost his temper, and I'm sorry, but he went overboard in this particular situation.

Macarthur
09-16-2014, 08:57 AM
So if AD did this to his wife, would he be playing?

YTBulldogs
09-16-2014, 09:05 AM
I agree with most of you. I, too, was whooped regularly as a child with switches and belts until there were welps on the backs of my legs and buttocks. Sometimes they even brought blood. I turned out okay. I believe wholehearted that spankings, or whoopings (for older children) is completely NECESSARY at time. When my children were young, though, it was sufficient to spank them with an open hand on their bottoms. I'm pretty strong, and could make it hurt good. When they became teenagers, I had to resort to using a belt. I will tell you this. Everybody says my kids are very well mannered and behave like good Christians. That's the ultimate compliment in my book.

I do think AD went overboard with his whooping, though. It's a 4-year-old child. They don't deserve a beating like that, in my opinion. Yes, a spanking is appropriate when they don't act the way they should, but I can't imagine a 4-year-old deserving that "kind" of whooping. Yes, you have to inflict pain for kids to identify with, but I think AD is plenty strong enough to make a swat on the bottom with an open hand suffice. Should he be indicted? No, in my opinion, but I do think he needs counseling on anger management. It appears he lost his temper, and I'm sorry, but he went overboard in this particular situation.

Totally agree with your post and discipline method waterboy.:thumbsup: I will also say, I agree with those that elect no spanking discipline, in how they punish their child. It's those parent's that don't do anything that really get's to me. And, you can certainly detect those kid's running around town. I just pray the LORD watches over them, and keep's them safe, and those these kid's encounter.

Farmersfan
09-16-2014, 09:54 AM
Sometimes even doing it the way you would deem as "DOING IT RIGHT!" doesn't work. What may work for one kid male or female may not work for another. There are some many influences outside of parenting that can affect kids.

I think everybody would agree that there are exceptions to every rule. There are emotional problems that require medication and social issues that parents have little influence over. But it is still a pretty good bet that if you have a 10 year old who is a discipline problem then it usually means the parent most likely didn't do a good enough job when that child was younger.

Farmersfan
09-16-2014, 10:09 AM

Saying 13

"If a man have a stubborn and rebellious son, which will not obey the voice of his father, or the voice of his mother, and that, when they have chastened him, will not hearken unto them: Then shall his father and his mother lay hold on him, and bring him out unto the elders of his city, and unto the gate of his place; And they shall say unto the elders of his city, This our son is stubborn and rebellious, he will not obey our voice; he is a glutton, and a drunkard. And all the men of his city shall stone him with stones, that he die: so shalt thou put evil away from among you; and all Israel shall hear, and fear." -- Deuteronomy 21:18-21

"He that curseth his father, or his mother, shall surely be put to death." -- Exodus 21:17

"He that smiteth his father, or his mother, shall be surely put to death." -- Exodus 21:15

"The eye that mocketh at his father, and despiseth to obey his mother, the ravens of the valley shall pick it out, and the young eagles shall eat it." -- Proverbs 30:17

"And he went up from thence unto Bethel: and as he was going up by the way, there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head. And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the LORD. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them." -- 2 Kings 2:23-24

"And ye shall eat the flesh of your sons, and the flesh of your daughters shall ye eat." -- Leviticus 26:29

"Happy shall he be, that taketh and dasheth thy little ones against the stones." -- Psalm 137:9

Snotbubbles
09-16-2014, 10:15 AM
"If a man have a stubborn and rebellious son, which will not obey the voice of his father, or the voice of his mother, and that, when they have chastened him, will not hearken unto them: Then shall his father and his mother lay hold on him, and bring him out unto the elders of his city, and unto the gate of his place; And they shall say unto the elders of his city, This our son is stubborn and rebellious, he will not obey our voice; he is a glutton, and a drunkard. And all the men of his city shall stone him with stones, that he die: so shalt thou put evil away from among you; and all Israel shall hear, and fear." -- Deuteronomy 21:18-21

"He that curseth his father, or his mother, shall surely be put to death." -- Exodus 21:17

"He that smiteth his father, or his mother, shall be surely put to death." -- Exodus 21:15

"The eye that mocketh at his father, and despiseth to obey his mother, the ravens of the valley shall pick it out, and the young eagles shall eat it." -- Proverbs 30:17

"And he went up from thence unto Bethel: and as he was going up by the way, there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head. And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the LORD. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them." -- 2 Kings 2:23-24

"And ye shall eat the flesh of your sons, and the flesh of your daughters shall ye eat." -- Leviticus 26:29

"Happy shall he be, that taketh and dasheth thy little ones against the stones." -- Psalm 137:9

:clap: There ya go. Appears AP took it easy on the lil' fart's. Good find ff.

Farmersfan
09-16-2014, 10:20 AM

I'm wondering why we stopped public floggings of criminals? Oh yea, beating someone who commits a horrible crime against society like rape or murder is too barbaric and unacceptable.

coach
09-16-2014, 11:43 AM

Only if he followed the rule of thumb ;)

99IHSMustang
09-16-2014, 12:13 PM

Probably not

So if AD did this to his dog, would he be playing?

I see where you are going, but that is not the case here.

Macarthur
09-16-2014, 12:22 PM
Probably not

So if AD did this to his dog, would he be playing?

I see where you are going, but that is not the case here.

I'm quite aware, but the question says something about how we view these things.

I agree that if this were his wife or GF, he would be charged with battery. Since it was his kid, it's all okay.

And I think you bring up another great point. If it was his dog, would we be okay with that? I actually think what he did to the kid is excessive even for his dog. I probably wouldn't support him being suspended for that, but that doesn't make it right.

So what is our threshold for it 'being okay'?

44INAROW
09-16-2014, 01:53 PM

that wooden spoon HURTS.... my momma used her gold house slipper.. that hurt too.... - very seldom was either used but we were threatened with em lol........... I do recall getting the living snot slapped out of me by my mother when I was about 14 - thinking back on that - I totally deserved it.. believe it or not, I had quite the smart mouth on me - oh and rolling my eyes got a slap once too

99IHSMustang
09-16-2014, 02:02 PM
I'm quite aware, but the question says something about how we view these things.

I agree that if this were his wife or GF, he would be charged with battery. Since it was his kid, it's all okay.

And I think you bring up another great point. If it was his dog, would we be okay with that? I actually think what he did to the kid is excessive even for his dog. I probably wouldn't support him being suspended for that, but that doesn't make it right.

So what is our threshold for it 'being okay'?

For me it would still have to come down to the circumstances and evidence at hand. If they can prove that he does this on a frequent basis and to this extent then something needs to be done.

99IHSMustang
09-16-2014, 02:06 PM
that wooden spoon HURTS.... my momma used her gold house slipper.. that hurt too.... - very seldom was either used but we were threatened with em lol........... I do recall getting the living snot slapped out of me by my mother when I was about 14 - thinking back on that - I totally deserved it.. believe it or not, I had quite the smart mouth on me - oh and rolling my eyes got a slap once too

My mom used to use the "twist and pull technique" as I like to call it. If I acted out in public she would grab me by the ear "twist it and pull" my a-- back to the car. Then I knew what else would come with it.

That would probably get a parent in trouble today.

slpybear the bullfan
09-16-2014, 02:20 PM

Saying 13

Yep, and that same Bible also says this about rebellious kids...

If a man have a stubborn and rebellious son, which will not obey the voice of his father, or the voice of his mother, and that, when they have chastened him, will not hearken unto them: Then shall his father and his mother lay hold on him, and bring him out unto the elders of his city, and unto the gate of his place; And they shall say unto the elders of his city, This our son is stubborn and rebellious, he will not obey our voice; he is a glutton, and a drunkard. And all the men of his city shall stone him with stones, that he die: so shalt thou put evil away from among you; and all Israel shall hear, and fear. -- Deuteronomy 21:18-21

I sure am glad my parents overlooked that part!

slpybear the bullfan
09-16-2014, 02:30 PM
It's pretty simple isn't it? If you spanked a wife/girlfriend/adult with a switch to the point of bringing blood, you could be brought up on assault charges.
If you beat an animal with a switch to the point of bringing blood, you could be brought up on animal abuse charges.

Why is this different because it involved a father and a young child?

I was spanked plenty as a kid. My mom and dad NEVER left a mark on me but they got their point across fine. If you bring blood while "spanking" you are doing it wrong. If you bring blood more than once, yeah, you fit my definition of a really, really bad guy.

It was sad reading this thread and seeing how many people say they were beaten, whipped until welps were left, or even left bleeding after punishment by their own parents. I am truly sorry for you. And I have no issue saying your parents were flat out wrong for doing that. I would say more than that but I'll just leave it be.

Macarthur
09-16-2014, 02:38 PM
It's pretty simple isn't it? If you spanked a wife/girlfriend/adult with a switch to the point of bringing blood, you could be brought up on assault charges.
If you beat an animal with a switch to the point of bringing blood, you could be brought up on animal abuse charges.

I was spanked plenty as a kid. My mom and dad NEVER left a mark on me but they got their point across fine. If you bring blood while "spanking" you are doing it wrong. If you bring blood more than once, yeah, you fit my definition of a really, really bad guy.

It was sad reading this thread and seeing how many people say they were beaten, whipped until welps were left, or even left bleeding after punishment by their own parents. I am truly sorry for you. And I have no issue saying your parents were flat out wrong for doing that. I would say more than that but I'll just leave it be.

Yes.

And to excuse this 'because it used to be this way' is not a good reason. There are lots of things we used to do that we now know better.

Macarthur
09-16-2014, 02:39 PM
For me it would still have to come down to the circumstances and evidence at hand. If they can prove that he does this on a frequent basis and to this extent then something needs to be done.

So does the fact that he has two allegations brought against him, pictures of the wounds and one with a head injury enough to think he has a problem?

slpybear the bullfan
09-16-2014, 04:17 PM

And after reading what I posted, let me clarify just one bit on that last paragraph. I have no problem with corporal punishment done right. I was spanked, and I spank my three kids. Beatings, raising welps and bruises, drawing blood? Not right. not ever.

bobcat1
09-16-2014, 04:58 PM
And after reading what I posted, let me clarify just one bit on that last paragraph. I have no problem with corporal punishment done right. I was spanked, and I spank my three kids. Beatings, raising welps and bruises, drawing blood? Not right. not ever.
Right there with you.

99IHSMustang
09-16-2014, 05:53 PM
So does the fact that he has two allegations brought against him, pictures of the wounds and one with a head injury enough to think he has a problem?

If the second allegations is true, then yes. That would show a re-occurring pattern that could very well continue.

Farmersfan
09-19-2014, 03:25 PM
Yep, and that same Bible also says this about rebellious kids...

If a man have a stubborn and rebellious son, which will not obey the voice of his father, or the voice of his mother, and that, when they have chastened him, will not hearken unto them: Then shall his father and his mother lay hold on him, and bring him out unto the elders of his city, and unto the gate of his place; And they shall say unto the elders of his city, This our son is stubborn and rebellious, he will not obey our voice; he is a glutton, and a drunkard. And all the men of his city shall stone him with stones, that he die: so shalt thou put evil away from among you; and all Israel shall hear, and fear. -- Deuteronomy 21:18-21

I sure am glad my parents overlooked that part!

Good Point! I wish I had thought of it!!!! LOL