PDA

View Full Version : Boerne vs Marble Falls

Mojo84
09-12-2014, 02:56 PM
Thoughts? Haven't seen much of Marble Falls. Boerne will bring a potent offense and much better defense than last year. Will that be enough?

Cam
09-12-2014, 04:24 PM
Mojo84, Boerne better have that defense ready!!...Marble can light up the scoreboard pretty quick...Burnet found that out!!...Up 45 to 17 with 10 or so minutes left, they caught up and tied it 45-45 just like that!!....Two good RB's (#7 & #5) who are big and fast. Good receivers. Cauble probably their best....QB Wooten is the real deal just like your QB is....Likes to roll and throw...very accurate passer....O-line is very big...LSU commit Shipley goes around 275...center Kahutek (spelling??) is probably their best lineman....probably the best balanced offense Burnet has seen this season IMO....Folks don't give them enough credit cause they're in such a tough district....but they can compete....their weakness is defense...if your offense is potent as you say, you will score on them.....But they're very capable of getting in a shootout with anyone if you let em'.....have fun tonight!

Mojo84
09-12-2014, 06:54 PM
Thanks for the scouting report. I appreciate it. I know MF can score like crazy. Our defense is much improved from last year. Not sure if it's enough though. Unfortunately, we lost one of our top receivers for the season last week to a broken leg. Hopefully, we'll have someone step up.

Dropped balls has plaqued us this year. Our completion percentage would be 10 percentage points higher if we could eliminate some of the drops.

DCTF seems to think it should be a shootout. A serious line of showers is passing Boerne now and headed to MF. That may change the game some.

http://www.texasfootball.com/highschool-news/view/180908

Mojo84
09-12-2014, 08:53 PM
Apparently, our defense hasn't improved enough. Taking it on the chin tonight. 33-0 @ half

Cam
09-13-2014, 01:24 AM
Apparently, our defense hasn't improved enough. Taking it on the chin tonight. 33-0 @ half

....like I keep tellin' folks, Marble is tough!...new coach from Lovejoy hopes to turn that program around in time.....