PDA

View Full Version : Cuero fans

Tejastrue
09-10-2014, 06:10 PM
What's this news I am hearing from Gobbler land?

YTBulldogs
09-10-2014, 06:21 PM
What's this news I am hearing from Gobbler land?

Their baaaaack!!!!! Loaded club.

Tejastrue
09-10-2014, 06:30 PM
Yes indeed ... but the word I'm getting from a reliable source is the news is not good.

Pudlugger
09-10-2014, 07:04 PM
Yes indeed ... but the word I'm getting from a reliable source is the news is not good.

:vrycnfsd: ???

LV_Bearfan
09-10-2014, 08:20 PM

Star player?

44INAROW
09-10-2014, 08:47 PM
I'm clueless but that's nothing new😜.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

tango
09-10-2014, 09:14 PM
Little banged up but nothing critical. May take a week to have everyone healthy but that's football.

YTBulldogs
09-10-2014, 09:47 PM
Little banged up but nothing critical. May take a week to have everyone healthy but that's football.

I damn sure wouldn't play key guys on that Smithville gravel pit. Glad we don't play there. Good luck, get healthy. Yes, we had our share of booboo's last year. Your right, that's football.

Tejastrue
09-10-2014, 10:18 PM
Typical "head coach" style reply there tango. I'll leave this thread at that.

Where in the heck are all the Cuero posters? 44, you don't count. lol

44INAROW
09-10-2014, 10:29 PM
Typical "head coach" style reply there tango. I'll leave this thread at that.

Where in the heck are all the Cuero posters? 44, you don't count. lol

lol. Not sure where the posters are. But I will snoop around some tomorrow about what's going on... I still have some " contacts" 👍.
Wish I would have read your post sooner... I had supper at booster club and would have asked if anything was amiss.... Coach wasn't walking around with a noose around his neck, so hopefully, Tango's info is spot on.... Heck, if i was a player, I'd think about pulling a hammy or something, just to avoid playing at that gravel pit they call a field in Smithville😜

YTBulldogs
09-10-2014, 10:34 PM
I'd think about pulling a hammy or something, just to avoid playing at that gravel pit they call a field in Smithville��

:thumbsup: Pitiful field, huh?

Snotbubbles
09-11-2014, 08:48 AM
I heard this morning from a Gob diehard backer, when dropping off some oil rig products outside C-town, that the leading soph. WR quit. He's sure, he'll be convinced to return. Regards to the stud injured player, heard it's just sore. They thought it was the same knee he hurt in Sinton playoff game last year. Nothing serious. He too thought it would be crazy to play any #1's in Smithville on that field. Especially when #2's and 3's can handle business just fine.

44INAROW
09-11-2014, 09:39 AM
hey Snotbubbles (still my favorite 3adownlow name) do you ever stop at Rosie's Cafe when you're in town? Love the breakfast taco's......

SintonFan_inAustin
09-11-2014, 10:19 AM
hey Snotbubbles (still my favorite 3adownlow name) do you ever stop at Rosie's Cafe when you're in town? Love the breakfast taco's......was trying to remember the name of the restaurant you mentionlast time I was in Cuero for a call.

Snotbubbles
09-11-2014, 10:21 AM
hey Snotbubbles (still my favorite 3adownlow name) do you ever stop at Rosie's Cafe when you're in town? Love the breakfast taco's......

Yes, I have eaten there. I still liked Don Bravo's from back a few years ago. Rita's were very cold. Wish they re-open, newer cleaner place though. :) With boom going on, they'd clean up if they served the same portions. I have eaten a few times at the sheriff's place too.

YTBulldogs
09-11-2014, 10:23 AM
awww, I miss Don Bravos. No one gave you the amount of vittles as they did.

gobbla4life
09-11-2014, 12:00 PM
Gobblers are a little banged up , but that's normal for all teams. That's football ! No major issues here , besides the more kids that play , the deeper and more confident you become as a team. We just need to get this gravel yard game out of the way with no injuries for either team.

44INAROW
09-11-2014, 01:39 PM
Yes, I have eaten there. I still liked Don Bravo's from back a few years ago. Rita's were very cold. Wish they re-open, newer cleaner place though. :) With boom going on, they'd clean up if they served the same portions. I have eaten a few times at the sheriff's place too.

We eat at the Sheriff's place on a regular basis.. (he's also the President of Booster Club :) ) Rumor is Cuero is getting a new eating establishment on the south side (last traffic light going south) The lot has been totally cleared off - now we're just waiting lol......... Also, McDonald's will be moving across the street soon. Should help with traffic at the 'big intersection" of 183/87

YTBulldogs
09-11-2014, 03:30 PM
Gobblers are a little banged up , but that's normal for all teams.

I feel ya gob. We endured this injury crap last year in scrimmages and non-district and lucky to go 1-3 (Edna game was canceled not played) in ND, before getting some back by district play. I think we ended up losing 6 starters in this span and 3 of the kids for the entire year. Two for concussions, and one (RB/K) had to have season ending surgery on a knee/foot or something. Last two years, we really suffered some booboo's in scrimmages/ND action. Fingers crossed this year. So far, so good.

Snotbubbles
09-12-2014, 10:33 AM
How many rushes does Hopkins have on the early season already? Show's he ran it only once in Gonsalez game. Heard he's already ran it 50-60 times in only 2 games, I said wrong. Just 31.

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/high_school/scoreboard/?site=default&mkt=sanantonio&Season=2014&tpl=Boxscore&Sport=1&ID=213899&TeamID=275&SearchType=Teams

30 rushes-266 vs. Wharton
1 rush-21 vs. GZ (But, I do notice he had a couple TD's in GZ game, so--I assume these stats are wrong. Did he carry it more than once in GZ game?

Lot's of totes for a guy with known bad knees in meaningless games. We all know what he can do healthy. So--why risk it in these games? 30 carries in week one is a mighty work load. Unless your the "Tyler Rose". He ran it 50+ a game. LOL.

gobbla4life
09-12-2014, 01:50 PM
Hopkins had 250 yards vs Whatton 25-30 carries in that game. Against Gonzales he had 25 caries for 136 yards.

gobbla4life
09-12-2014, 01:50 PM
Sorry meant Wharton

Snotbubbles
09-12-2014, 02:22 PM
Hopkins had 250 yards vs Whatton 25-30 carries in that game. Against Gonzales he had 25 caries for 136 yards.

Damn, those carriers in just 2 games? Gob's don't have anyone else that can carry the rock? He'll be worn out, injured by district, at this pace. Wish him well, cause when healthy, he is a beast.

Blue42
09-12-2014, 03:54 PM
Hay Hopkins has it easy this year not playing defense so far like he has the last few years.

Blue42
09-12-2014, 04:00 PM
Guess what his younger brother will take over the helm next year. Great job backing him up now and the Miles kid will also be a real deal running back.

44INAROW
09-12-2014, 10:28 PM
Gobblers win 38-0.

Pudlugger
09-12-2014, 11:33 PM
Congratulations Gobblers keep it up.

GobblersUnite
09-13-2014, 08:16 AM
Zech Hopkins and Elex Martinez had pretty good games filling in for the starter. Both showed patience in the hole and the speed to break it open as the both had long TD runs....and both are juniors.

tango
09-13-2014, 08:22 AM
Would not hurt my feelings any if we never played in Smithville again.

duckhunter
09-13-2014, 08:26 AM
Why you say that Tango? Because of the field?

tango
09-13-2014, 08:46 AM
Why you say that Tango? Because of the field?

Yes. Well... to expand the facilities in general. The condition of the field with holes and inconsistent grade of the crown are issues and the proximity of track is going to get kids hurt if it hasn't allready. If you look at south end zone the base of goal post is probably a foot below the grade of the playing field were on the north ends it is even with field. I think the state of facilities effects crowd turnout as all I heard leading up to the game is why go to game there just listen to it on radio. I see there is some nice new facitlities south of town, new campus and what looks like new baseball field. Why not move the football stadium there as well.

Blue42
09-13-2014, 09:11 AM
Yes. Well... to expand the facilities in general. The condition of the field with holes and inconsistent grade of the crown are issues and the proximity of track is going to get kids hurt if it hasn't allready. If you look at south end zone the base of goal post is probably a foot below the grade of the playing field were on the north ends it is even with field. I think the state of facilities effects crowd turnout as all I heard leading up to the game is why go to game there just listen to it on radio. I see there is some nice new facitlities south of town, new campus and what looks like new baseball field. Why not move the football stadium there as well.
Yep it is not safe for the players or fans the boards are rotten in the stands and the media building looks like an old outhouse.

YTBulldogs
09-13-2014, 09:34 AM
Is a sad facility. Not sure if the track was there first, then they decided to put a field in the middle of the circle or what. Are the light poles still about 50 ft. high. I recall losing punts once they went above them, and you had to wait till they came back down to regain sight of the punt. PITIFUL.

Nice win Cuero.

bd62
09-13-2014, 12:26 PM
I don't know how the Smithville folks put up with there kids
Playing on that field. During the JH games one of there kids got kit right at
sideline and landed on track. Laid there for 10 minutes. The edge of track is right on the out of bounds
unbelievable .

cboycansurvive
09-13-2014, 09:55 PM
I don't know how the Smithville folks put up with there kids
Playing on that field. During the JH games one of there kids got kit right at
sideline and landed on track. Laid there for 10 minutes. The edge of track is right on the out of bounds
unbelievable .

Possible arrest? Tell me more. Local said he didn't know what was going to happen.

44INAROW
09-14-2014, 12:01 AM
Possible arrest? Tell me more. Local said he didn't know what was going to happen.

Huh?

gobbla4life
09-14-2014, 08:59 AM
44 , I didn't understand that last post either. I think it's someone horsing around.

iFootball
09-14-2014, 09:20 AM
I don't know about that but Z. Hopkins and Martinez stepped up in a big way for Cuero!

gobbla4life
09-14-2014, 10:12 AM
Yes Z Hopkins and Martinez stepped up , how about our o line , and our Qb , and wide receivers ! I've heard some people on this board saying that Cuero will on go as far as D Hopkins can take them , and with out a doubt he's a beast and a major asset to this team. But But , we are loaded with athletes , and are not one dimentional. How about our Defense , the D has only giving up two scores all year.

GobblersUnite
09-14-2014, 03:20 PM
Yes Z Hopkins and Martinez stepped up , how about our o line , and our Qb , and wide receivers ! I've heard some people on this board saying that Cuero will on go as far as D Hopkins can take them , and with out a doubt he's a beast and a major asset to this team. But But , we are loaded with athletes , and are not one dimentional. How about our Defense , the D has only giving up two scores all year.

The defense has been solid thus far. Giving up around 140 passing yards per contest but that has alot to do with teams being behind and not having luck on the ground against the Gobblers. The secondary has notched 5 INTs this season. The big uglys on offense are really getting after it. Teams load to stop the run and we're still efficient. Passing game looks good. Most people outside of Cuero didn't think the team would be potent w/o D Hopkins.....but Z Hopkins and Elex Martinez were explosive on a muddy cow pasture and really could have been worse had Reeve not pulled the varsity and played the JV for most of the 4th quarter. Love the way this team looks right now!

Old Green
09-14-2014, 06:47 PM
The defense has been solid thus far. Giving up around 140 passing yards per contest but that has alot to do with teams being behind and not having luck on the ground against the Gobblers. The secondary has notched 5 INTs this season. The big uglys on offense are really getting after it. Teams load to stop the run and we're still efficient. Passing game looks good. Most people outside of Cuero didn't think the team would be potent w/o D Hopkins.....but Z Hopkins and Elex Martinez were explosive on a muddy cow pasture and really could have been worse had Reeve not pulled the varsity and played the JV for most of the 4th quarter. Love the way this team looks right now!:ditto:

Snotbubbles
09-14-2014, 06:56 PM
Passing game looks good. Most people outside of Cuero didn't think the team would be potent w/o D Hopkins.....but Z Hopkins and Elex Martinez were explosive on a muddy cow pasture and really could have been worse had Reeve not pulled the varsity and played the JV for most of the 4th quarter. Love the way this team looks right now!

I think you could of rushed for that many against Smithville GU. LOL. Say what ya want, Cuero is better with D' than without. Credit to him and that OL and his unusual vision that only certain productive RB's ever have. I will say, nice depth is being added just in case though.

Guess it's changed too, from when I played back in the day. JV could only play in one game a week then.

YTBulldogs
09-14-2014, 07:03 PM
Yes snot, they now have non-folding helmets to play with too. I don't know the UIL regulations for a kid, and how many games in a week they can play in either. I bet he meant, #2's and #3's varsity kids seen most the action in the 4th though.

GobblersUnite
09-14-2014, 07:03 PM
I think you could of rushed for that many against Smithville GU. LOL. Say what ya want, Cuero is better with D' than without. Credit to him and that OL and his unusual vision that only certain productive RB's ever have. I will say, nice depth is being added just in case though.

Guess it's changed too, from when I played back in the day. JV could only play in one game a week then.

I never meant to diminish D Hopkins' ability.....c'mon really! Cuero is never short on running backs just sick of the talk that cuero can't win without one player. Btw the jv from smithville didn't show up on thursday.

Snotbubbles
09-14-2014, 07:10 PM
Come on Smithville, show up for sub-varsity game. I hope they at least notified the Gobblers before game time on Thursday. I feel ya GU. I just love D's style and think he's a sure bet, D1 back.

44INAROW
09-14-2014, 07:11 PM
I never meant to diminish D Hopkins' ability.....c'mon really! Cuero is never short on running backs just sick of the talk that cuero can't win without one player. Btw the jv from smithville didn't show up on thursday.

I knew what you were saying GobblerUnited. Absolutely no slam on "D". And yes Snot, players can only play 1 game a week. The JV were "stood up" Thursday night, so coach gave them some PT Friday.

Snotbubbles
09-14-2014, 07:14 PM
I knew what you were saying GobblerUnited. Absolutely no slam on "D". And yes Snot, players can only play 1 game a week. The JV were "stood up" Thursday night, so coach gave them some PT Friday.

Thanks 44. I hope this is the final time you have to travel to the Gravel Pit, after this lack of service to your JV team. Do they even have a JV team? Phone call would of been nice, huh? Did they send a 9th grade team to town? Or, stand the entire night up?

44INAROW
09-14-2014, 07:18 PM
No joke Snotbubbles..... My understanding is there wasn't any notification but that's 2nd hand info.... You gonna try to make a Gobbler game in Cuero? We are proud of the facilities. Still some construction on the back parking lot (behind the stadium) and an additional small concession stand, but the field and stands are awesome!

Old Green
09-14-2014, 07:31 PM
There was no prior notification. Jv was on the field warming up when they notified that Smithville JV wasn't coming.

Their Freshman played and lost to Cuero Freshman 38-32

Snotbubbles
09-14-2014, 07:35 PM
No joke Snotbubbles..... My understanding is there wasn't any notification but that's 2nd hand info.... You gonna try to make a Gobbler game in Cuero? We are proud of the facilities. Still some construction on the back parking lot (behind the stadium) and an additional small concession stand, but the field and stands are awesome!

Is Cuero home this Friday? LV is open, and I can arrange some work related business in C'town this Friday evening, maybe? I'm a big fan of the Gob's upgrades there. I seen LV there last year. Ya'lls location, perfect to garner playoff business. Heard more upgrades coming. Is the new locker rooms built yet? Spending that oil money the right way, for sure. Better on your own kids, then sending back to state and it goes for others kids to enjoy. Ya'll earned it.

44INAROW
09-14-2014, 07:45 PM
Yes, Cuero is home this week, against the Port Lavaca Sandcrabs. I expect the Sandcrab faithful to pack the stands.

Snotbubbles
09-14-2014, 08:11 PM
Yes, Cuero is home this week, against the Port Lavaca Sandcrabs. I expect the Sandcrab faithful to pack the stands.

Awww, like to see this if possible. We kinda spanked PL, so---I'll take Cuero by the about the same, 40-7.

Calhoun is more like the Crabs of 10-20 years ago, then last 5-6 years. But, they're fan's still think they are good, and are vocal. They travel well.