PDA

View Full Version : Decatur @ Iowa Park

5wide
09-09-2014, 09:47 PM
Who ya got and what do you think?

Decatur comes in at 1-1 with a bad opening loss to Springtown but rebounded with a good win against Alvarado. It's going to take a while to adjust to new Head Coach Mike Fuller's way of doing things but he's won at Coppell and Colleyville Heritage. Decatur's running game is good led by a sophomore and a freshman. The QB is almost a Johnny Manziel mini-me. Defense is not very good but who's really is in today's world. Don't know anything about IP other than they've always produced hard nosed kids. I look for it to be a close game.

Bullaholic
09-10-2014, 09:26 AM
Who ya got and what do you think?

Decatur comes in at 1-1 with a bad opening loss to Springtown but rebounded with a good win against Alvarado. It's going to take a while to adjust to new Head Coach Mike Fuller's way of doing things but he's won at Coppell and Colleyville Heritage. Decatur's running game is good led by a sophomore and a freshman. The QB is almost a Johnny Manziel mini-me. Defense is not very good but who's really is in today's world. Don't know anything about IP other than they've always produced hard nosed kids. I look for it to be a close game.

IP is pretty good this year, 5wide, but I think Decatur's overall depth and running game will overcome them by 7-14.

toddg
09-10-2014, 10:43 AM
[QUOTE=5wide;1821909]Who ya got and what do you think?

Decatur comes in at 1-1 with a bad opening loss to Springtown but rebounded with a good win against Alvarado. It's going to take a while to adjust to new Head Coach Mike Fuller's way of doing things but he's won at Coppell and Colleyville Heritage. Decatur's running game is good led by a sophomore and a freshman. The QB is almost a Johnny Manziel mini-me. Defense is not very good but who's really is in today's world. Don't know anything about IP other than they've always produced hard nosed kids. I look for it to be a close game.[/QUOTE

we'll never know what would have happened in the last 8 minutes of the Alvarado game, but the Eagles did defeat us in 40 min. Game...IP has a new coach this year Aubrey Sims(Alvarado Alum) but so does Decatur.. I think the QB play and a good OLine will give the Eagles the edge.. I believe Decatur takes this one by 2 scores

GodleyEast
09-10-2014, 04:18 PM
Sims is a great cosch!
his new DC is Coach Zimmer, hell of a defensive mind, makes great adjustments, worth at least 10 points a game on defense. I dont know if they can handle that decatur bunch this week, but they are a solid duo as coaches. they will be real good in the near future Go Hawks!

EL GATO
09-11-2014, 03:32 PM
Coach Zimmer one of the best DC in the state in my book. Someone needs to give this guy a chance at a head coaching job. He has the ability to shut down a teams offense with less quality players on defense. I agree with GodleyEast, Sims and Zim should make a great duo.