PDA

View Full Version : Rice/TAMU

1st and goal
09-09-2014, 04:40 PM
Got my tix. Late game. Starts at 8pm.

The Aggies have a fundamental problem. Too many great athletes and only 1 football on Offense.

Rice coming off a Bye week. I suspect they will fair much better than Lamar. Good practice for our D.

Supposedly, the basketball team got another blue chipper from Plano West.

hook, you need anything from College Station while I'm over here? :):stirpot::stirpot:

hookandladder
09-10-2014, 01:48 PM
Got my tix. Late game. Starts at 8pm.

The Aggies have a fundamental problem. Too many great athletes and only 1 football on Offense.

Rice coming off a Bye week. I suspect they will fair much better than Lamar. Good practice for our D.

Supposedly, the basketball team got another blue chipper from Plano West.

hook, you need anything from College Station while I'm over here? :):stirpot::stirpot:

Yes see if they have an extra sheep over there, I lost my lawn boy.Lol

1st and goal
09-10-2014, 01:52 PM
You need a sheep? I was thinking a goat would do better in this drought. You could always sell to an illegal if you don't like it.

1st and goal
09-10-2014, 01:54 PM
Last year Rice scored 31 points. I hope the Aggie D holds them to less than that this year.

hookandladder
09-10-2014, 02:14 PM
You need a sheep? I was thinking a goat would do better in this drought. You could always sell to an illegal if you don't like it.

Sheep or goat , which ever one CS has more running around. Lol

JJWalker
09-10-2014, 02:29 PM
I know ... I know ... the Aggies beat South Carolina. I could not be happier.

But this game is the one that tells me about the Aggies Defense. Should be another W, but I think if the Aggies do not get a fast start, Rice should be able to hang tough.

FB-fanatic
09-10-2014, 10:24 PM
Sheep or goat , which ever one CS has more running around. Lol

Mostly Heisman candidates these days.....

1st and goal
09-11-2014, 09:28 AM
Looks like 30% chance of rain on Saturday. I hope there is no lightning delays, the game is already late enough.

JJ, I think the that Rice has enough talent to put a couple/few scores on the board.

I was looking at last week's stats ( I know it was only Lamar), but at the half, Time of possession Lamar: 22 minutes, Aggies 8 minutes. Talk about striking fast.

Even Dolezal the RB from Westlake got some quality runs in. Glad to see that.

caleb_mccaig
09-11-2014, 12:55 PM
I'm ready to clean a certain individual out. Last time I saw, A&M was -30. That has to be a joke, I can see the 60+ butt kicking already coming.

1st and goal
09-11-2014, 02:03 PM
I'm ready to clean a certain individual out.

huh what?

Rabid Cougar
09-11-2014, 03:36 PM
Last year Rice scored 31 points. I hope the Aggie D holds them to less than that this year.

Rice doesn't have the fire power it had last year and Aggies defense in two TD's better than last year. It will be over at Halftime.

Saggy Aggie
09-11-2014, 05:22 PM
huh what?
He's talking about betting....

1st and goal
09-11-2014, 07:21 PM
He's talking about betting....
I know, Rice played tough for the 1st half against Notre Dame. ND pulled away in the 2nd half. I don't see a 60 point spread. I think Vegas guys have it close, but they adjust it to even out the betting as the game time gets closer.

Trust me, it they win by 60 margin, I'll be whooping and hollering and wore out from kissing my gal. I just think Rice is that much better than Lamar. Do you think Rice plays these tough games for the paycheck? I honestly don't know. I figured they'd have plenty of money.

Scoop27
09-11-2014, 07:37 PM
Seems like most college games are lasting longer and longer

1st and goal
09-13-2014, 08:32 AM
GAMEDAY!!!

Invited to a tailgate party that includes shuttle to and from the game. Wish I had some dove breast to smoke with bacon and jalapeno to take.

Thinking about what else I could take???

I saw on SEC network the betting peeps give Rice a 2% chance of winning.

Saggy Aggie
09-13-2014, 01:34 PM
56-20 is my prediction

caleb_mccaig
09-13-2014, 01:42 PM
Well, Kenny Hill definitely tried to pick up my girlfriend on Instagram this morning. What a dick.

Saggy Aggie
09-13-2014, 03:47 PM
Well, Kenny Hill definitely tried to pick up my girlfriend on Instagram this morning. What a dick.

Hahaha pics???

Saggy Aggie
09-13-2014, 08:27 PM
Rice almost got a FG and A&M has -17 yards of offense so far...

Oh man, we're going to get blown out... :(

Saggy Aggie
09-13-2014, 09:58 PM
CRAZY end to this half....

Rice driving, qb gets sacked. They run the fg unit on the field as time is expiring and the rice kicker nails a 53 yd fg....

But.... 12 men on the field for A&M. That's a dead ball penalty and no play. They move 5 yards closer. A&M ices the kicker. They then line it up and A&M blocks the kick. Aggies return it for a TD, but a penalty for illegal contact from the A&M bench who came on the field after the blocked fg.

All in all, missed fg. No points for A&M either. 21-7 Ags.

A&M defense struggling a little with the run, but daeshon was banged up early and 2 starting LBs out this week. Not TOO concerned.

Kenny's deep ball sucks. He needs to improve it. That's what's really holding this A&M offense back and will keep us from hitting the next level

Saggy Aggie
09-13-2014, 11:46 PM
A&M gets a relatively easy win, but the big news story here is they didn't cover the spread...

1st and goal
09-14-2014, 09:26 AM
Aggies looked flat for the first part of the game but Rice has some good athletes and coaching and played really well. Rice's O line seemed to be holding most of the night and onlly 1 flag thrown for it that I can remember.

caleb_mccaig
09-14-2014, 04:58 PM
Hahaha pics???

It was on Instagram and neither of us could find where the heck the messages were. When she clicked on it it popped up but when she backed out of it we couldn't find it again haha.

1st and goal
09-14-2014, 05:28 PM
It was on Instagram and neither of us could find where the heck the messages were. When she clicked on it it popped up but when she backed out of it we couldn't find it again haha.

The game announcers mentioned something about K Hill not having his phone for 2 weeks. Not sure if they were joking in reference to Manziel or what.

JJWalker
09-14-2014, 06:39 PM
The Aggie D certainly did a good job of not giving up points.

However, I do think they gave up bunches of rushing yards.

This is going to make Arkansas a little more formitable.

Saggy Aggie
09-14-2014, 07:17 PM
Arkie run game will be tough, but once they get their 2 starting LBs back devante in the secondary, that will help a lot.
Also, Zaycoven and daeshon were banged up some last night.

I think they'll play obioha more against a run first team like Arkie. Overall, not TOO concerned as a&m's big concern was stopping the rice qb and in obvious run situations in the red zone, A&M shut down the run too.

They didn't look focused last night but I think they'll improve.

caleb_mccaig
09-15-2014, 09:47 AM
The game announcers mentioned something about K Hill not having his phone for 2 weeks. Not sure if they were joking in reference to Manziel or what.

Lol well he definitely favorited a tweet I threw his way calling him out so I'm assuming he had it.

Saggy Aggie
09-15-2014, 10:32 AM
Lol well he definitely favorited a tweet I threw his way calling him out so I'm assuming he had it.

Lol nice....

Txbroadcaster
09-15-2014, 10:38 AM
CRAZY end to this half....

Rice driving, qb gets sacked. They run the fg unit on the field as time is expiring and the rice kicker nails a 53 yd fg....

But.... 12 men on the field for A&M. That's a dead ball penalty and no play. They move 5 yards closer. A&M ices the kicker. They then line it up and A&M blocks the kick. Aggies return it for a TD, but a penalty for illegal contact from the A&M bench who came on the field after the blocked fg.

All in all, missed fg. No points for A&M either. 21-7 Ags.

A&M defense struggling a little with the run, but daeshon was banged up early and 2 starting LBs out this week. Not TOO concerned.

Kenny's deep ball sucks. He needs to improve it. That's what's really holding this A&M offense back and will keep us from hitting the next level

That is a thing that IMO needs to be changed and always felt that way.

Saggy Aggie
09-15-2014, 12:18 PM
That is a thing that IMO needs to be changed and always felt that way.

What? The crappy deep ball?

I haven't seen one hit a receiver in stride or even close to in stride really. Always way underthrown or way overthrown. I wanna see one go for a TD just to give me hope. Say what you want about Johnny, but dude had a beatiful deep ball.

Txbroadcaster
09-15-2014, 12:19 PM
What? The crappy deep ball?

I haven't seen one hit a receiver in stride or even close to in stride really. Always way underthrown or way overthrown. I wanna see one go for a TD just to give me hope. Say what you want about Johnny, but dude had a beatiful deep ball.

LOL no the 12 men being a dead ball rule but play allowed to continue

Saggy Aggie
09-15-2014, 12:28 PM
LOL no the 12 men being a dead ball rule but play allowed to continue

Lol, agreed. Should be a free play like offsides. Regardless, deep ball sucks.

New Taiton
09-15-2014, 01:20 PM

In his few snaps last year, Kenny had great deep balls. He has been inconsistant so far, but his balls last year were great. He'll come around.

1st and goal
09-15-2014, 01:26 PM
In his few snaps last year, Kenny had great deep balls. He has been inconsistant so far, but his balls last year were great. He'll come around.

I believe Kenny will get there. Just hope soon. And with some consistency.

Rice owl band(mob) alluded to the fact that Johnny was sitting on the bench right now.

Saggy Aggie
09-15-2014, 02:04 PM
I have faith that he'll come around but the timing isn't there yet on the deep ball. The intermediate and short passes are perfect 95% of the time though. A&M offense will be scary good if Kenny can hit a couple of those bombs just right

1st and goal
09-15-2014, 05:36 PM
I have faith that he'll come around but the timing isn't there yet on the deep ball. The intermediate and short passes are perfect 95% of the time though. A&M offense will be scary good if Kenny can hit a couple of those bombs just right

You can say that again. I find it amazing that he hasn't had any INT's yet. I don't think this weekend's game will be very pretty for SMU.

coach
09-16-2014, 11:48 AM
[QUOTE=New Taiton;1823381 but his balls last year were great. .[/QUOTE]

Michael, is that you?

hookandladder
09-16-2014, 02:34 PM
Michael, is that you?

I picked up on that also, that some funny ****.Lol.

New Taiton
09-16-2014, 04:16 PM
I picked up on that also, that some funny ****.Lol.

I've been thinking about you, Hook ever since you ran away from our discussion last week.