PDA

View Full Version : Aledo's football program?

hollywood
09-09-2014, 10:50 AM
Any word on Aledo's program?

UIL?

toddg
09-09-2014, 11:24 AM

UIL?Bishop Amat took advantage of their young defense last week....?

Phantom Stang
09-09-2014, 11:26 AM

UIL?

Well, it doesn't appear that they're going to be the "bullies" they were last year, but why mention the UIL?

ccmom
09-09-2014, 11:40 AM
Well, it doesn't appear that they're going to be the "bullies" they were last year, but why mention the UIL?

I assume he is referring to the rumor that Aledo is under investigation by the UIL for recruiting. I have no idea if it's more than a rumor and don't care much....just keep hearing (and reading) people talking about it.

toddg
09-09-2014, 11:49 AM
i heard a rumor about the rumor going round the rumor mill...hmmm..its rumored to be making its way to rumorVille...ever hear of a weed?..its a lot like a rumor..:cool:

hollywood
09-09-2014, 11:54 AM
Not buying too much into this, but usually where there's smoke... there's a fire... somewhere.

toddg
09-09-2014, 12:02 PM
Not buying too much into this, but usually where there's smoke... there's a fire... somewhere.

or. a jealous parent who has a 2 pack a day habit....:smoker:

db8coach
09-09-2014, 12:05 PM

If that was true, Abilene Wylie would be under constant investigation for recruiting at Cooper and A. High.

hollywood
09-09-2014, 12:13 PM
or. a jealous parent who has a 2 pack a day habit....:smoker:

lol or a FWISD parent cause their kid didn't get recruited. Doh

:helpme:

hollywood
09-09-2014, 12:13 PM
If that was true, Abilene Wylie would be under constant investigation for recruiting at Cooper and A. High.

Or Big Spring getting all those Midland recruits. :eek:

db8coach
09-09-2014, 12:18 PM
Or Big Spring getting all those Midland recruits. :eek:

Go with getting Forsan or Coahoma recruits...EVERYONE KNOWS Midland Christian gets all the Midland High/Lee recruits.

hollywood
09-09-2014, 01:02 PM
Go with getting Forsan or Coahoma recruits...EVERYONE KNOWS Midland Christian gets all the Midland High/Lee recruits.

Hehehe

db8coach
09-09-2014, 01:16 PM
Hehehe

OR...Stephenville recruiting Granbury kids...The list can go on and on. But, lots of times there is absolutely no truth to the rumors.

hollywood
09-09-2014, 01:31 PM
OR...Stephenville recruiting Granbury kids...The list can go on and on. But, lots of times there is absolutely no truth to the rumors.

Of course not!

:stirpot:

Rabid Cougar
09-09-2014, 01:35 PM
Midway raiding Waco High and Waco University.

That isn't a rumor.

caleb_mccaig
09-09-2014, 01:42 PM
Midway raiding Waco High and Waco University.

That isn't a rumor.

100% true.

toddg
09-09-2014, 02:01 PM
100% true.somehow i picture an administrator in waco area with hands in pockets, looking off in the distance..and whistling a familiar tune..

db8coach
09-09-2014, 02:17 PM
Actually, there isn't much chance of this happening in west Texas where a student would have to up and move to another town. A lot of these "recruiting" rumors happen when a "suburb" school all of a sudden gets a good player from the "city" school. The only places where this would actually apply in west Texas: Frienship & Cooper with the Lubbock Schools....Wylie with the Abilene schools....Greenwood with the Midland Schools...Wall with San Angelo Central...and of course the Amarillo & Canyon schools. But, like I said above, I would bet that a lot of these are 99% rumor.

Gen.Pat
09-09-2014, 06:27 PM
When you get to winning and your neighbors are not folks who are tired of losing want to move and play for winners.

bobcat1
09-09-2014, 06:49 PM
I assume he is referring to the rumor that Aledo is under investigation by the UIL for recruiting. I have no idea if it's more than a rumor and don't care much....just keep hearing (and reading) people talking about it.

That is the rumor in Early at the Whataburger so it must be true.

Matthew328
09-09-2014, 08:01 PM
hmmmm

LionFan72
09-10-2014, 06:10 AM
Success breeds contempt from those that can't win! Never changes, good coaching is envied. Get over it! Move on! Kids want success, so they want to join a winning team, parents want scholarships, so they move to a winning program. Can you really honestly blame them? All about the benjamins.

db8coach
09-10-2014, 06:59 AM
Success breeds contempt from those that can't win! Never changes, good coaching is envied. Get over it! Move on! Kids want success, so they want to join a winning team, parents want scholarships, so they move to a winning program. Can you really honestly blame them? All about the benjamins.

Maybe they could, I don't know, get a scholarship by making good grades?

ronwx5x
09-10-2014, 07:25 AM
Maybe they could, I don't know, get a scholarship by making good grades?Sadly, the likelihood of receiving a full scholarship for academics is not good. Partial yes, full, no. My niece graduated in the top 5% of her high school class and was only able to get tuition and had to go out of state (LSU) for that. She is now a medical doctor, paid for by the US Army.

db8coach
09-10-2014, 10:24 AM
Sadly, the likelihood of receiving a full scholarship for academics is not good. Partial yes, full, no. My niece graduated in the top 5% of her high school class and was only able to get tuition and had to go out of state (LSU) for that. She is now a medical doctor, paid for by the US Army.

It's been my experience that you are 100x more likely to get an academic scholarship (partial or full) than you are an athletic one.

hollywood
09-10-2014, 10:51 AM
It's been my experience that you are 100x more likely to get an academic scholarship (partial or full) than you are an athletic one.

It depends on the sport, gender, students abilities and ambitions.

toddg
09-10-2014, 11:33 AM
sadly, a lot of athletic scholarships are wasted

ronwx5x
09-10-2014, 11:42 AM
It's been my experience that you are 100x more likely to get an academic scholarship (partial or full) than you are an athletic one.If you read my post closely you will see I said Full scholarship. There are many that offer smaller amounts but finding one or more to cover everything is not easy to do.

db8coach
09-10-2014, 12:51 PM
If you read my post closely you will see I said Full scholarship. There are many that offer smaller amounts but finding one or more to cover everything is not easy to do.

I did and it helped illuminate my point. Students are more likely to receive SOME FORM of financial aid via their grades than they are in athletics.

Aesculus gilmus
09-10-2014, 01:35 PM
sadly, a lot of athletic scholarships are wasted

True. I think they should be renamed "scholastic athleteships."

db8coach
09-10-2014, 03:46 PM
True. I think they should be renamed "scholastic athleteships."

Or just call them what they are...SALARY?

Old Timer
09-11-2014, 02:40 PM
I find it laughable and disgusting that a stephenville person would judge ANYONE for "recruiting". Haha. Anyone who knows anything about that town knows FMC, the cheese plant, St Gobaine, etc are decent little recruiting tools. Employment opportunities are good ways to get good move-ins, just ask Odessa Permian. Don't believe me, just wait a few years when the west Texas oil slick towns start winning again.