PDA

View Full Version : Region 3 GOTW: Giddings Buffalos @ Bellville Brahmas

buff4ever
09-07-2014, 10:06 PM
This game is typically a great game. Don't know what to think about the brahma offense, but I am sure they will come up with something that works this week.

HEMOTOXIC
09-07-2014, 10:08 PM
Naa, Giddings by 14+

Pudlugger
09-07-2014, 10:25 PM
Giddings appears to have it together at this point and is on a roll. Bellville not so much. Buffs by 21.

iFootball
09-08-2014, 12:45 AM
Buffaloes

BB BULLS
09-08-2014, 06:48 AM
our defense has been pretty good, if the offense could hold on to the ball and give the D a little rest this could be a good game. just dont know if the offense can do that. they look really good for a few plays and then they screw it up. i am a Brahma fan so i will stick with them bellville by td.

Pudlugger
09-08-2014, 08:00 AM
our defense has been pretty good, if the offense could hold on to the ball and give the D a little rest this could be a good game. just dont know if the offense can do that. they look really good for a few plays and then they screw it up. i am a Brahma fan so i will stick with them bellville by td.

If your D holds Giddings to <21 Bellville could pull it off. Giddings D has given up 66 points in two games. They will be the softest D Bellville has faced so far. Perhaps the Bull offense can get back on the rails?

OLE'BULL
09-08-2014, 09:46 AM
I thought that we played better vs. Stafford than in week 1 vs. Caldwell. We had a couple of chances to win that game but just couldn't put it in. We HAVE to get rolling on offense or it will be a long year. Giddings will be the toughest opponent to date and we need to give our D a cushion. We cant expect them to carry the load. Hopefully things go well this week at practice and some wrinkles will be installed. I didn't see the changes in the offense that were predicted by some on here last week? Unless I missed something? Maybe we threw the ball a little more. Oh well, let's hope Rowe gets this ship righted and we start playing Brahma ball. Bulls will win this one by 4 points, 14-10!

duckhunter
09-08-2014, 12:21 PM
I have a feeling the flood gates are going to bust this Friday. Bellville's D has kept them in the games the past two weeks, while the offense has done nothing to help the cause. Giddings has put up points against two quality opponents and I just dont see the Brahmas holding Giddings up enough to sneak out a victory. It will be hard to contain the buffs to 7 points the whole night. The way the season has gone so far that is the magic number for the Brahmas to have a fighting chance in the game. Rowe has got to figure something out on offense or it will be a very long year for the Brahmas.

Snotbubbles
09-08-2014, 12:24 PM
Giddings has put up points against two quality opponents

Who they play again in first two games?

rancher
09-08-2014, 02:47 PM
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." -
This is the Bellville Offense, unless a change is made at the top, expect another loss. They have two speeds SLOW AND SLOWER, the Buffs will eat them up.

The Bull #40
09-08-2014, 03:08 PM
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." -
This is the Bellville Offense, unless a change is made at the top, expect another loss. They have two speeds SLOW AND SLOWER, the Buffs will eat them up.

Since they've run the same offense throughout Rowe's tenure, your comments are ignorant. We've had the same offensive coordinator running the same offense for the past few years and very successfully at that. A team that has to replace all 11 starters on the offensive side of the needs time to gel and should be expected to take some time to get going. I'm not sure if you're a Bellville fan or not, but if you are you're not very observant.

Pudlugger
09-08-2014, 07:25 PM
This is a rebuilding year for Bellville. They will win some games this year but probably will not meet the fans expectations which have always been high in this community. Watch out for a surprise or two if these boys hitch up their britches and come to play.

rancher
09-09-2014, 05:02 AM
How long must one wait, a ten game season, and then make excuses again. Look at the facts game one 116 TOTAL YARDS AND GAME 2 112 TOTAL YARDS. Change must be made or face the fact many L's.

zebrablue2
09-09-2014, 05:49 AM
Who they play again in first two games?

Wimberly I know, and Gonzales I think!

hookandladder
09-09-2014, 06:23 AM
Wimberly I know, and Gonzales I think!

The win over Wimberly looks decent however Gonzales just got smoked by Cuero and pretty sure Gonzales was beating Giddings for a good part of their game, so I am not sure Giddings is much better then Bellville. It looks like Giddings offense is better then Bellville, so I will go with the Buffs by a TD.

BB BULLS
09-09-2014, 08:05 AM
how are the Buff's on defense? our defense will hang in there as long as they can, if the offense can make something happen this should be a really good game.

Pudlugger
09-09-2014, 08:15 AM
how are the Buff's on defense? our defense will hang in there as long as they can, if the offense can make something happen this should be a really good game.

Not so good apparently giving up 66 points in two games to Gonzales and Wimberley. If Bellville gets its offense on track and scores 21 points they could win with their good defense. Trouble is Giddings has a very good offense capable of scoring anywhere on the field.

buff4ever
09-09-2014, 08:23 AM
Giddings defense is young and had a lot of new faces. The good news is that we gave up 0 in second half of gonzales and then we did give up 14 against Wimberley in the second. But there was improvement from 1st to 2nd game because Wimberley in my opinion was a lot better offensively than gonzales.

BB BULLS
09-09-2014, 09:20 AM
Giddings defense is young and had a lot of new faces. The good news is that we gave up 0 in second half of gonzales and then we did give up 14 against Wimberley in the second. But there was improvement from 1st to 2nd game because Wimberley in my opinion was a lot better offensively than gonzales.

well if our offense dont do something different the Buff D will look outstanding.

OLE'BULL
09-09-2014, 11:04 AM
After the first 2 weeks of football it is still very hard for me to figure out where Bellville is as well as other teams. Has Caldwell finally turned the corner and are better than people think? I know Stafford has improved, not just b/c they beat Bellville. We could have very well beat Stafford, and should have. After the playoffs last year, and what they had in the backfield coming back this year, I thought Gonzales would be tough. But Giddings beats them and this week Giddings fans are saying Giddings isnt that great. I dont know what the hell to think about anybody! I AM CONFUSED! Or maybe I just dont know as much as I though :vrycnfsd::vrycnfsd::vrycnfsd:

1st and goal
09-09-2014, 11:23 AM
After the first 2 weeks of football it is still very hard for me to figure out where Bellville is as well as other teams. Has Caldwell finally turned the corner and are better than people think? I know Stafford has improved, not just b/c they beat Bellville. We could have very well beat Stafford, and should have. After the playoffs last year, and what they had in the backfield coming back this year, I thought Gonzales would be tough. But Giddings beats them and this week Giddings fans are saying Giddings isnt that great. I dont know what the hell to think about anybody! I AM CONFUSED! Or maybe I just dont know as much as I though :vrycnfsd::vrycnfsd::vrycnfsd:

Think this. Buffs will win by 14 points unless we have a game like the cowboys and 49ers 1st half.

BB BULLS
09-09-2014, 12:19 PM

Bull about all i can tell you is if Bellville's offense ever comes around the Brahmas will not be a push over it will be a battle every game. if they dont come arond we are in trouble. i hope we turn it on this week bellville by 7

OLE'BULL
09-09-2014, 03:39 PM
Bull about all i can tell you is if Bellville's offense ever comes around the Brahmas will not be a push over it will be a battle every game. if they dont come arond we are in trouble. i hope we turn it on this week bellville by 7

Yep, couldn't agree more. I am just glad we are having these problems now and not at the start of district. Rowe will get us heading in the right direction, no doubt about it. He has done it every year since he got here...

buff4ever
09-10-2014, 07:52 AM
I am going with a buffalo win by 2 scores.

1st and goal
09-10-2014, 10:02 AM
I think the speed on the special teams will be the biggest difference.

The Bull #40
09-10-2014, 12:52 PM
It may still be too early, but I'm hoping the Bellville offense starts to gel this week against Giddings and the defense continues to play well. The Brahmas need to minimize the penalties on offense to sustain drives. This is usually a big rivalry game, at least it was when I was playing, so I expect both teams at their best this week. I'm gonna go 21-14 with a BRAHMA WIN.

zebrablue2
09-10-2014, 04:39 PM
Buffs have too much speed, they win by 20....

speedbump
09-10-2014, 07:29 PM
Bellvilles D is better than Giddings O. Brahmas 21 - 17

Scoop27
09-10-2014, 08:45 PM
Brahmas have a great defense just need to find an offense

buff4ever
09-11-2014, 08:00 AM
No offense to the Bellville posters, but you guys just don't whine as much as the old regulars. Kinda miss my old buds.

BB BULLS
09-11-2014, 08:35 AM
No offense to the Bellville posters, but you guys just don't whine as much as the old regulars. Kinda miss my old buds.

ok i will do my best. the ref are killing us with all the flags they dont want us to win. the Caldwell defense was offsides every down and it was never called, as for Stafford the O-line was holding on every play it was never called. we just cant get a break. haha thats about the best i can do. i will try and get better at it but it might take awhile

BB BULLS
09-11-2014, 08:41 AM

they are not the fastest but they have alot of heart and the play good team defense. Buffs may get loose on few but for the most part i think D will hold them.

duckhunter
09-11-2014, 11:59 AM

:ditto:

BB BULLS
09-12-2014, 06:48 AM
game day! hope Bellville can keep up with all that speed the Buff fans are talking about. it just might be a little wet tonight heard it was supposed to rain this afternoon. if it does that will be good for our slow & slower team

buff4ever
09-12-2014, 07:32 AM
game day! hope Bellville can keep up with all that speed the Buff fans are talking about. it just might be a little wet tonight heard it was supposed to rain this afternoon. if it does that will be good for our slow & slower team

If you guys water your field again, I swear.

BB BULLS
09-12-2014, 07:45 AM

they want do that we dont like the wet field either. but that was funny

duckhunter
09-12-2014, 07:46 AM

the front is supposed to reach Winchester around 7, so ya'll might not get the full game in. Thinking it will reach Bellville around 8:00? Weather is supposed to be prime for the opening of Teal season this weekend!!!:smoker:

MJMbrahmas10
09-12-2014, 08:04 AM
Going to the game then going to the duck hole and stayin the night!

The Bull #40
09-12-2014, 10:21 AM
GAMEDAY FINALLY!!! I hope the Brahmas finally get to play on a dry field so that maybe our offense can get going.... buttt doesn't look like that gonna happen. Sorry Buffs, apparently every game the Brahmas play in this season will consist of a wet field. Brahmas WIN 21-14.

OLE'BULL
09-12-2014, 10:53 AM
It sure has been quiet around town. Usually I hear something that is going on with the team, gameplans, etc. Hopefully that means Rowe and the Bulls have something up their sleeve. I didn't see much change from the Caldwell week to the Stafford week as far as game plan. Let's hope they let 'em loose tonight. We will never get away from our ground game, but I wouldn't mind seeing a few new wrinkles this week. Defense, keep doing what you are doing!

BB BULLS
09-12-2014, 11:00 AM
It sure has been quiet around town. Usually I hear something that is going on with the team, gameplans, etc. Hopefully that means Rowe and the Bulls have something up their sleeve. I didn't see much change from the Caldwell week to the Stafford week as far as game plan. Let's hope they let 'em loose tonight. We will never get away from our ground game, but I wouldn't mind seeing a few new wrinkles this week. Defense, keep doing what you are doing!

you are right that boy of mine has been tight lipped about this game.

buff4ever
09-12-2014, 01:22 PM
I could hear Stan Howard now. Don't tell nobody bout this boys, they won't know what hit em. May should have done some of that the last couple weeks.

OLE'BULL
09-12-2014, 01:51 PM
you are right that boy of mine has been tight lipped about this game.

Hopefully that is a GOOD thing!

BB BULLS
09-12-2014, 10:40 PM
Hopefully that is a GOOD thing!

well bull some key mistakes by the buffs kept our slow & slower boys in the game was a nice win. the buffs do have some good running backs

MJMbrahmas10
09-12-2014, 10:45 PM
Win for the bulls. Defense play excellent early. #25 got going and kept the buffs in the game. The bulls offense gelled and looked great.

BB BULLS
09-12-2014, 10:59 PM
well duckhunter and zebra what have you to say? did Giddings leave the speed at home? was really good game mistakes by the buffs & good team defense by Bellville plus the coming out party for the offense was sweet

Pudlugger
09-12-2014, 11:07 PM
Congratulations to Bellville on a good win against Giddings. It appears the demise of the Brahma offense is premature.

OLE'BULL
09-13-2014, 06:06 AM
What a doozy. That win makes ya feel good. Bellville is better than their record even shows. Caldwell was postponed last night as far as I know, but the week before beat Hearne 42-0. Stafford absolutely slaughtered Willowridge 43-3 last night. Our strength if schedule might just be stronger than people think. Sealy lost a close one to Wharton last night. That will be a good test to see where we are at. I am afraid the phrase "Tiger Ball" has been said a few times. That was a mid to late 90's term. Hopefully it's an exaggeration. Good game Brahmas! Eyes now on that team South of Mill Creek!!!

zebrablue2
09-13-2014, 07:21 AM
well duckhunter and zebra what have you to say? did Giddings leave the speed at home? was really good game mistakes by the buffs & good team defense by Bellville plus the coming out party for the offense was sweet

Having my CROW as I type this:) I worked Giddings and Wimberly last week and just thought the Buffs would be too much, especially after the BULLS only scored 3 and 9 in the first two games. Very happy for my Brahmas, and BTW, need a reeeeeport MR. Rancher. Let her go boys:evillol:

1st and goal
09-13-2014, 07:52 AM
Good game Bulls, hope you guys have a great year.

duckhunter
09-13-2014, 08:00 AM
Good game Bulls, hope you guys have a great year.

When did the Bellville Brahmas change their name to the Bellville Bulls? I've been seeing it a lot lately. I like Brahmas better...... Are the girls calling themselves the Bullnettes now, or lady Bulls?

Congrats on the win BRAHMAS. Anybody have stats from the game?

duckhunter
09-13-2014, 08:02 AM
What district will Bellville's meet up with 1st round of playoffs?

duckhunter
09-13-2014, 08:22 AM
Good win brahmas. Ready for district to start!

1st and goal
09-13-2014, 08:54 AM
Sorry, meant brahma. I guess it depends on if they are intact or not if they are a bull...

BB BULLS
09-13-2014, 10:05 AM
Having my CROW as I type this:) I worked Giddings and Wimberly last week and just thought the Buffs would be too much, especially after the BULLS only scored 3 and 9 in the first two games. Very happy for my Brahmas, and BTW, need a reeeeeport MR. Rancher. Let her go boys:evillol:

well you are right the Rancher report should be good. where is it rancher?

speedbump
09-13-2014, 10:10 AM
What district will Bellville's meet up with 1st round of playoffs?

They will probably catch Giddings or Caldwell in the first round.

BB BULLS
09-13-2014, 12:02 PM
raaaancher oh raaaacher where are you?

BB BULLS
09-13-2014, 05:44 PM

well I take that rancher only reports when we have a bad game. what a douche bag piece of crap he is.

zebrablue2
09-14-2014, 06:40 AM

lol!!!

Pudlugger
09-14-2014, 07:45 AM
Bellville's "slow start" is beginning to look like a pretty decent showing with both Caldwell and Stafford's recent wins over Madisonville, East Bernard and Willowridge. Now with this breakout win over Giddings with a decent offensive performance combined with their stout defense the Brahmas are in a position to be a serious contender in their district championship run. It will tell a lot as to the depth of this team's commitment to winning this Friday when they play a good Sealy team.

MJMbrahmas10
09-14-2014, 09:03 AM
Agreed BB BULLS