Navasota (2-0)

Navasota 62- Nuevo Leon 0
Navasota 66- Jack Yates 13

Navasota 24- CO 0

Navasota 36- CO 8

Who ya got?

OldBison75
09-07-2014, 06:53 PM
I would normally be worried about this matchup because Coldspring is usually a very tough defense. However, this year they will have no answer for the Rattler Offense. I believe that the Rattler Offense is better this year than the State Championship team was.

Defensively, the Rattlers have impressed me even more. The rebuilt defensive line has shown signs of becoming dominant and the linebackers are experienced and active. The weakest link is the secondary and they will be facing a Coldspring team that does not throw very much.

Rattlers win this one by 42-7.

Pudlugger
09-07-2014, 07:21 PM
Rattlers by 21

HEMOTOXIC
09-07-2014, 09:50 PM
I would normally be worried about this matchup because Coldspring is usually a very tough defense. However, this year they will have no answer for the Rattler Offense. I believe that the Rattler Offense is better this year than the State Championship team was.

Defensively, the Rattlers have impressed me even more. The rebuilt defensive line has shown signs of becoming dominant and the linebackers are experienced and active. The weakest link is the secondary and they will be facing a Coldspring team that does not throw very much.

Rattlers win this one by 42-7.

I will have to agree with your assessment. The secondary does concern me. I did not know until Friday that Jefferson is out with an injury. I am not sure of his return, but someone did mention that he could be out for the season. I definitely hope that this is not the case.

From what I've read on Coldspring, their defense has struggled against the pass. If this is indeed the case, they will be in for a long night.

Again, Coldspring will do what they do best and that is run, run, run and play good sound defense. This should be a pretty decent game.

hollywood
09-07-2014, 10:02 PM
Why the poll, this one is a no brainer. Sota by 28

HEMOTOXIC
09-07-2014, 10:06 PM
Why the poll, this one is a no brainer. Sota by 28

Cause it's Coldspring and everyone seems to bring their best game against Navasota. This games was one of the games to see in preseason. I believe it was listed somewhere around 20-24. Don't sleep on the Trojans just yet.

hollywood
09-07-2014, 10:09 PM
Cause it's Coldspring and everyone seems to bring their best game against Navasota. This games was one of the games to see in preseason. I believe it was listed somewhere around 20-24. Don't sleep on the Trojans just yet.

Hemo, y'all will take them behind the wood shed. CS has a pretty solid program, but I like what Navasota has been able to sustain. Quality. Good luck! Hope to see you guys in December. ;)

HEMOTOXIC
09-07-2014, 10:29 PM
Hemo, y'all will take them behind the wood shed. CS has a pretty solid program, but I like what Navasota has been able to sustain. Quality. Good luck! Hope to see you guys in December. ;)

Hey, I have friends in CS.. LOL, don't want to make enemies. Good luck to you guys. I'd love to see that matchup too.

navscanmaster
09-09-2014, 01:14 AM
Rattlers by a lot.

cougartino
09-09-2014, 09:29 AM
I dropped my daughter off at TSU the other night and passed by Yates. No wonder they were looking so sad.

OldBison75
09-12-2014, 01:59 PM
For a game that looked to be a big one early on, this is not getting any attention now.

Rain is coming and the Coldspring running game will have a chance face a pretty good Rattler defense. The Rattlers will not change the game plan for the weather and we will see how that works in the rain. Navasota's turf field is no too bad about being slick, but the wet footballs will be slippery. I still predict that this will be a Rattler win by at least 20 points.