PDA

View Full Version : Lamesa vs. Denver City

rsjmann
10-31-2001, 10:07 PM
My pick will be Lamesa 44 to Denver City's 12. Sorry mustange but you could not even beat Brownfield.

Gfan
10-31-2001, 10:26 PM
should be a great game but see lamesa pulling it out at the end.

lamesa 31 denver city 14

Jacket2000
10-31-2001, 10:40 PM
Lamesa by a bunch. Seems like the Tors are peaking at the right time. I look for'em to challenge Wylie in region 1.
J2K

rsjmann
11-01-2001, 11:45 AM
The pre-district schedule really helped with playing some top notch teams. (Sweewater and Frenship) The last couple of weeks it seems we have left the butter of our hands because the fumbles have been down. Hopefully that trend will continue. I think Lamesa can play with just about anybody if they do not fumble.

torfan
11-01-2001, 03:49 PM
Page has not had a Huge rushing game in a few weeks. Look for him to get 200+ to push him over the 1000 yard mark. Look for him to also have about 100 yards passing. Bunton will have 120 or so yards....Lamesa in a big way

Denver City 6
Lamesa 56

Gfan
11-01-2001, 03:54 PM
I wouldn't get that carried away, yes lamesa is a better team then the mustanges, but give them some credit they are 7-1 and did lose to a very good brownfield team, and yes i know seminole beat denver city, but anything can happen in west texas football. i just wouldn't look past denver cty, because i know we are not looking past brownfield, since our QB is out this week.

rsjmann
11-01-2001, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by Gfan:
I wouldn't get that carried away, yes lamesa is a better team then the mustanges, but give them some credit they are 7-1 and did lose to a very good brownfield team, and yes i know seminole beat denver city, but anything can happen in west texas football. i just wouldn't look past denver cty, because i know we are not looking past brownfield, since our QB is out this week.
I do not think that Lamesa is looking past DC, but getting beat by Brownfield just shows how weak their schedule has been this year. Greenwood will demolish Brownfield even without your QB. I would go out on a limb and say that Seminole would be the 3rd place team for the district but since Lamesa plays them next week then their chances are very slim. I do agree with torfan about Page, he is way overdue for a big game. Bunton will also have a big game but if he starts to fumble he gets very frustrated and it seems that he just keeps fumbling. I still pick Lamesa to win very big.

rsjmann
11-01-2001, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by Gfan:
I do not think that Lamesa is looking past DC, but getting beat by Brownfield just shows how weak their schedule has been this year. Greenwood will demolish Brownfield even without your QB. I would go out on a limb and say that Seminole would be the 3rd place team for the district but since Lamesa plays them next week then their chances are very slim. I do agree with torfan about Page, he is way overdue for a big game. Bunton will also have a big game but if he starts to fumble he gets very frustrated and it seems that he just keeps fumbling. I still pick Lamesa to win very big.

Gfan
11-01-2001, 10:10 PM
i hope your right about us beating them without brandon smith, he is the heart and soul of this team and players being out thier without him feel a little different.It does sound wierd saying seminole has a chance but we got denver city and yall have denver city it looks like denver city is going to have a tough last two games.