PDA

View Full Version : BYU @ TEXAS: Sat@ 6:30 PM on FOXS1

regaleagle
09-06-2014, 05:43 PM
So I understand that Tyrone Swoops-t-do will be the starter, huh? Is Jerrod Heard on the Depth Chart at #3, or red-shirted? Starting 2 tackles were dismissed from the team, starting center gone for the season(but Raulerson from Celina is there).....I don't know what to expect, to be honest. I guess we'll find out this afternoon.

regaleagle
09-06-2014, 06:05 PM
My brother is calling this weekend "Cupcake Saturday", but this game between UT and BYU may be the exception.

Gen.Pat
09-06-2014, 06:22 PM
BYU is going to punish the Short Horns.

regaleagle
09-06-2014, 06:34 PM
Swoopes will be (or should be) very athletic behind center today. Look for him to run with it some, kinda like being just another back. I don't think his passing abilities are that keen, from what I've read....I dunno. Maybe we'll be pleasantly "surprised" today....I sure hope so.

YTBulldogs
09-06-2014, 08:16 PM
Texas "D" lights out. Coach Strong is letting Swoopes keep us in the game with his 5 yard dink and dunk passes. To get our talented RB's (Gray and Brown) involved and productive, he need's to make some 20+ yard attempts and completions. Coug's not respecting our passing ability and are crowding the box, hampering our running game. Gonna be a long year for my Horns I fear. We were hoping for a 6-7 win season, with all out, 3 tops. 5 career starts amongst our current O-liners. Killer. U look at Swoopes, can't help but think of Vince Young (body build wise) huh? Nothing like him. Like to see freshman Heard get in. Gonna lose this year, let him have control now, and you don't have to wait for him to get his feet wet when we have better players.

regaleagle
09-06-2014, 08:41 PM
I don't see the "burning speed" that I thought Swoopes might have. He looks basically vanilla to me, with no particular strong points to lead a team like Texas with. I think Texas in this situation would be as well off putting in Heard and give him a chance to showcase his raw abilities. What's there to lose at this point? The front O-line obviously can't open holes for the backs, so it's gonna take the qb to create some plays. You can't win if you don't score.

Roughneck93
09-06-2014, 08:45 PM
Yikes!

Damn, looks like Texas just might get shut out at home....

regaleagle
09-06-2014, 08:52 PM
With all the quality qb's coming out of high school in this state each year, there's just no excuse for Texas to be in the situation they are in.....quarterbackwise. Seems like they've had this problem for about 4 yrs. straight now. In today's college game, it's absolutely imperative to have a quality qb leading your team to wins. Teams without good qb's rarely end up in the Top Ten. Texas should be a Top Ten type team almost yearly....not every 5 yrs.

Tejastrue
09-06-2014, 08:57 PM
IMO...Ash would have made this a much closer game..que sara sara

Roughneck93
09-06-2014, 08:58 PM
Taysom is pretty good....

http://cdn1.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/688226/hurdle.0.gif

I've seen enough of him already, lol.

regaleagle
09-06-2014, 09:02 PM
Looks like Charlie Strong will find out this week about the Longhorn faithful....en masse. He'll get an earful, I'm sure. Welcome to Austin, Coach Strong. You either win here, or you'll endure the ire of one of the largest fanbases in college football. Maybe it will turn around as the season progresses, but maybe it won't. I just don't see much to get excited about with your regime so far, to be quite honest. Dismissing SOME of the players that deserved to be dismissed....that would be dismissed by most coaching staffs for their off the field activities....is understandable. But there is a such thing as pushing the envelope and causing undue friction within the team that just might break up some of the team chemistry that had previously existed....I really couldn't say. It just appears at this juncture that the "team concept" is non-existent. The players seem to be playing without "fire".....like they don't want to make a mistake. Good football teams don't play that way.

Roughneck93
09-06-2014, 09:15 PM
Yikes!

Damn, looks like Texas just might get shut out at home....

http://emoticoner.com/files/emoticons/smileys/whew-smiley.gif

regaleagle
09-06-2014, 09:26 PM
Looks like Swoopes needs tons of work....he's telegraphing every play to the defense. At this level, that's not the preferred way to go about things....unless you want to get your offensive weapons whacked.

Saggy Aggie
09-06-2014, 09:36 PM
I bet you guys Texas gets blown out by BYU

I hate to say I told you so, but....

regaleagle
09-06-2014, 09:41 PM
Thanks for the tip genius, lol. So should I put my money on Red, or Black??? I know it's not that cut and dry, but almost in this situation, haha.

Saggy Aggie
09-06-2014, 09:44 PM
Thanks for the tip genius, lol. So should I put my money on Red, or Black??? I know it's not that cut and dry, but almost in this situation, haha.

How many people were predicting an unranked BYU team to BLOWOUT a ranked Texas longhorn team?

Don't worry, I'd be pissy too if my team sucked

regaleagle
09-06-2014, 09:50 PM
I wasn't personally thinking any thoughts of grandeur for the Horns this season at all, but esp. after recent developments. A win tonite by Texas would have been sort of "surprising"....considering this same qb put it on them last season.

Saggy Aggie
09-06-2014, 09:59 PM
I'm just LOLing at the fact that winning crossed anybody's mind

regaleagle
09-06-2014, 10:07 PM
Yeah, well.....I guess they let that N. Texas win cloud their better judgement, hahaha.

Snotbubbles
09-06-2014, 10:45 PM
I'm just LOLing at the fact that winning crossed anybody's mind

North Texas (Womens College) was good. They'd beat Lamar by 30. They had a couple lineman that was built like you Saggy. And, the punter did the splits after she booted it.

Scoop27
09-06-2014, 11:41 PM
Horns need to be more prolific offensively and needs a kicker for field goal. Need to throw down the field more and run outside more.
It could be just ad bad next week against UCLA

YTBulldogs
09-06-2014, 11:47 PM
Horns need to be more prolific offensively and needs a kicker for field goal. Need to throw down the field more and run outside more.
It could be just ad bad next week against UCLA

Trust me, we sux scoop and need everything. Can't throw downfield when you have no QB to do it. No line to block. No line to create a running game to open up the pass. No "D" to stop anything. Swoopes is not the answer now or ever IMO. Team just isn't good. Be lucky to win 3 or 4 games. I'm a diehard Horn, but--it's pretty clear we stink. Hook'em.

Celina8
09-07-2014, 09:04 AM
It is all about the Offensive Line which for Texas is not very good and has not been since the 2010 season. Texas A&M offensive line has been one of the best and that is a huge reason for their success. I also think Texas has some of the worst LB's in all of college football. I am sorry to say but the Kid from Daingerfield would not be on the field at most other colleges as he runs himself out of the play most of the time and he is very slow. When Sumlin came on board at A&M he got rid of a lot of scholarship players and had 27 scholarships available for his first recruiting class and I think as many as his next recruiting class. I think it is paying off pretty well for them.

Rabid Cougar
09-07-2014, 09:21 AM
Trust me, we sux scoop and need everything. Can't throw downfield when you have no QB to do it. No line to block. No line to create a running game to open up the pass. No "D" to stop anything. Swoopes is not the answer now or ever IMO. Team just isn't good. Be lucky to win 3 or 4 games. I'm a diehard Horn, but--it's pretty clear we stink. Hook'em.

I approve of this message.

Roughneck93
09-07-2014, 12:40 PM
Coach Strong:

I knew during warm-up we weren't ready to play....

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=11480636

Scoop27
09-07-2014, 01:44 PM
http://texas.247sports.com/Article/Bobby-Burton-grades-Texas-Longhorns-offense-in-41-7-loss-to-BYU-30968101

Saggy Aggie
09-07-2014, 04:14 PM
North Texas (Womens College) was good. They'd beat Lamar by 30. They had a couple lineman that was built like you Saggy. And, the punter did the splits after she booted it.

I like my women saggy.

But what does this thread have to do with Lamar?

I don't even wanna think about UCLA next week. The longhorn fans are already leaving that game

hookandladder
09-07-2014, 05:29 PM
No doubt offense has a lot of work to do, OL not doing anything for the RB's. The defense played well first half however being on the field most of the 2nd quarter took it's toll on them, 3rd quarter went downhill pretty quick with Texas starting behind their 10 yardline on 2 straight after BYU scored. UCLA is not who Texas needs to face this week however it will tell a lot about the players on this team, just playing well this week would be huge after turning the ball over as much as we did last game. Hookem.

JJWalker
09-07-2014, 06:17 PM
The burnt orange will be fine ... they have the right man a the helm.

And ... a little more burning of the orange will bring it to the correct shade. Always bet on black.

YTBulldogs
09-07-2014, 06:18 PM
Which helm? Coach, then I agree. QB, I don't.

JJWalker
09-07-2014, 06:29 PM
Which helm? Coach, then I agree. QB, I don't.
Well, if things turn out like it looks they will, I would imagine there will be a pretty good QB transferring out of A&M at the end of this season.

Gen.Pat
09-07-2014, 07:38 PM
It is going to take Charlie Strong another year or 2 to fix the softness that has infected the Longhorn program.

Brown let the program stocked with Talent but softer than Blue Bell left in the Texas summer Sun.

Gen.Pat
09-07-2014, 08:05 PM
Sad to see a kid with a knee brace put up over 400 yards on Texas in 2 games. Coach Royal is crying in Heaven and Bear Bryant is comforting him.

Saggy Aggie
09-07-2014, 08:48 PM
Lol, there's a 'how much are we paying Charlie strong again?' thread on OB...

1st and goal
09-07-2014, 09:50 PM
Yep, UCLA coming to town. Gonna be tough.

I got it all wrong. I thought BYU would succumb to the heat and the harns would have a better 2nd half. But the harns D were the ones' that got tired. They got out of the way and let BYU roll.

Can't pin it all on Swoopes Yoak., he's young, just like your OL. And it looks like he doesn't like to be coached on the sidelines.

Don't 2 of the suspended players get to return?

Celina8
09-08-2014, 04:42 AM
Oh I know the Aggies are crowing pretty loudly, trust me in my long time on this earth I have seen their team struggle a few time too and watch them take quite a few beat downs. For the Longhorn this is a season to begin laying the foundation for futur success. Let the young players get the experience they need and it will payoff in 2 more years. As Jackie Sherrell once said you better get your licks in now!!!

Saggy Aggie
09-08-2014, 07:40 AM
Lol I'm not too concerned about the future either. I think I know where I'd go if I was a decent recruit

Celina8
09-08-2014, 09:49 AM
Lol I'm not too concerned about the future either. I think I know where I'd go if I was a decent recruit

Cannot argue with you at all on that. I think the Aggies will be National Champ contenders this year and especially next year.

Macarthur
09-08-2014, 11:12 AM
It is going to take Charlie Strong another year or 2 to fix the softness that has infected the Longhorn program.

Brown let the program stocked with Talent but softer than Blue Bell left in the Texas summer Sun.

I'm sorry, but I don't see a ton of talent on the roster.

Roughneck93
09-08-2014, 07:53 PM
Lol, dammit...:foul:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UeQZUJ_PKA&sns=em

http://www.barkingcarnival.com/2014/9/8/6123631/near-around-and-through

Gen.Pat
09-09-2014, 06:40 PM
I'm sorry, but I don't see a ton of talent on the roster.

On paper they got tons of 4-5 Star talent.