PDA

View Full Version : Ingleside -vs- Aransas Pass

99IHSMustang
09-06-2014, 03:46 PM
Ingleside comes in with a 2-0 record with wins over Rio Grand City 41-14 and Beeville 45-34. Aransas pass comes in with a record of 1-1 with a loss to Rockport-Fulton 41-20 and a win over Edna 36-20. This was a heated rivalry game many many years before it was snapped when AP went down a classification. Ingleside has been running a high tempo offense and is still committing many offensive penalties. I don't care for the formation they punt out of. Over the last two games 3 have been blocked. When they weren't blocked the punts were not very good.

We will see if Ingleside can improve on offense this week and how they fare defensively against AP's wing-t.

YTBulldogs
09-06-2014, 04:20 PM
Should be a close game. I'll say IS, by 6. RF thumping Sinton boggles my mind. I know this is a IS thread, but--I'm stilling trying to figure that RF/Sinton game out. The amount of points allowed by the Pirates at least.

Keep on rolling Ingelside.:2thumbsup

hollywood
09-06-2014, 05:53 PM
AP Panthers! Where I played my 8th grade season. Got out of there ASAP!!
:D

iFootball
09-06-2014, 06:26 PM
High scoring game with Ingleside taking out the panthers.

99IHSMustang
09-06-2014, 07:05 PM
AP Panthers! Where I played my 8th grade season. Got out of there ASAP!!
:D

What year was that?

99IHSMustang
09-06-2014, 07:07 PM
Should be a close game. I'll say IS, by 6. RF thumping Sinton boggles my mind. I know this is a IS thread, but--I'm stilling trying to figure that RF/Sinton game out. The amount of points allowed by the Pirates at least.

Keep on rolling Ingelside.:2thumbsup

One game at a time, but after the AP game Ingleside plays RF... :D

MustangFootball
09-07-2014, 11:00 AM
Ingleside will be facing a fired up Aransas Pass team that will be looking to prove themselves to everyone saying they don't stand a chance.....Ingleside hasn't played Aransas Pass the last two seasons......the last 2 meetings between the 2 teams wasn't pretty for AP, Tristan was a freshman QB and Marquis was a sophomore RB and they massacred AP 58-0 the next year was a little better Ingleside only won 57-0, so I'm sure these boys will be looking to make sure that doesn't happen to them. these are both 2 different teams than they were at that point so the record and the points are irrelevant I'm looking for a tough showing from AP early before Ingleside pulls away, the team is figuring out the new offense and Ingleside sure does seem to be getting better every week..... we really need to work on our penalties and become more of a discipline team, we kept having to dig ourselves out of a hole on both sides of the ball last 2 weeks.

99IHSMustang
09-07-2014, 08:22 PM
Is heard Kyle Hernandez got hurt in the Beeville game. Does anyone know if it was just a minor injury and he was taken out as a precautionary measure?

MustangFootball
09-07-2014, 11:08 PM
Is heard Kyle Hernandez got hurt in the Beeville game. Does anyone know if it was just a minor injury and he was taken out as a precautionary measure?

Kyle did get hurt in the Beeville game on a horse collar tackle...but he went back in the game. I haven't heard anything else, I can only assume he's okay and will suit up against AP!!!!

99IHSMustang
09-08-2014, 10:13 AM
Kyle did get hurt in the Beeville game on a horse collar tackle...but he went back in the game. I haven't heard anything else, I can only assume he's okay and will suit up against AP!!!!

I didn't catch that, my mistake. Thanks for the correction.

pancho villa
09-08-2014, 10:19 AM
I heard the Ingleside Mom's are having a wet T-shirt contest(on the 50) at halftime of this game.

99IHSMustang
09-08-2014, 10:51 AM
I heard the Ingleside Mom's are having a wet T-shirt contest(on the 50) at halftime of this game.

This is happening all over the place, it is called the ice bucket challenge. :evillol:

MustangFootball
09-08-2014, 11:33 AM
This is happening all over the place, it is called the ice bucket challenge. :evillol:

you beat me to the punch!!! I was gonna say that was our first game it was called the ice bucket challenge.

MUSTANG69
09-08-2014, 11:57 AM

I heard Kyle has a sprained ankle also. He was limping at halftime this week. If necessary keep him out of the AP game so he can heal properly.

hollywood
09-08-2014, 01:31 PM
What year was that?

Oh gosh, let me think... 86. Yeah, a fews years back.

MUSTANG69
09-09-2014, 12:15 PM
I think AP runs the Slot T. If so then Ingleside will have seen that offense before they Rockport-Fulton.

MustangFootball
09-09-2014, 03:17 PM
I think AP runs the Slot T. If so then Ingleside will have seen that offense before they Rockport-Fulton.
for some reason I was thinking that AP ran the wing-t, but I think you are right I think they run the slot-t....I remember reading that in the coastal bend preview.

pancho villa
09-10-2014, 10:16 AM
Why do Ingleside women like clean men?
Opposites attract.

99IHSMustang
09-10-2014, 01:29 PM
Why do Ingleside women like clean men?
Opposites attract.

Everyone knows that... cmon now.

99IHSMustang
09-12-2014, 08:27 AM
Game day!! Hope both teams come out injury free.

MustangFootball
09-12-2014, 09:15 AM
It always feel good on Game day!!! lets go Mustangs!!!

MUSTANG69
09-12-2014, 10:36 AM
Rain in the area. Could be a wet field tonight.

MustangFootball
09-12-2014, 06:45 PM
Well just got to the game it looks like 32 starting LB Kyle Hernandez is out, #1 Andy Canales starting DB and WR is out and # 8 Bradly Burleson who plays a lot on defense as a DB...... We need to get this win in This very important rivalry game.

SintonFan
09-12-2014, 07:13 PM
Hope both teams play great and injury-free. :)

99IHSMustang
09-12-2014, 07:56 PM
With 3 left in 1st. AP 14 Ingleside 7

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

99IHSMustang
09-12-2014, 07:59 PM
QB takes busted pass play 65 yds and two plays later TD. Ingleside 14 AP 14

99IHSMustang
09-12-2014, 08:15 PM
With 623 left in 2nd. Ingleside 14 AP 14

99IHSMustang
09-12-2014, 08:26 PM
With 229 left in 2nd. Ingleside 21 AP 14

99IHSMustang
09-12-2014, 08:43 PM
At half: Ingleside 21 AP 14

99IHSMustang
09-12-2014, 08:51 PM
Have question for any ref on the low. If punt returner touches ball on return and punting team picks up ball and runs into endzone for a td, why would punting team receive ball on spot where they picked it up instead of TD? The player that picked up the ball never fell and knee never touched. I honestly don't know if this was completely botched by the refs, but my thought is that they messed up big time.

99IHSMustang
09-12-2014, 09:17 PM
Ingleside scores on first series. Ingleside 28 AP 14

99IHSMustang
09-12-2014, 10:44 PM
Game was called with 628 in 3rd. Final: Ingleside 28 AP 14

Pudlugger
09-12-2014, 11:26 PM
Nice win for the 'stangs. Too bad about the weather but that's how the cookie crumbles.

99IHSMustang
09-13-2014, 06:49 AM
Nice win for the 'stangs. Too bad about the weather but that's how the cookie crumbles.

Yes sir, it sure does.

99IHSMustang
09-13-2014, 07:09 AM
I liked what I saw when Ingleside wasn't committing offensive penalties. During those drives the offense was getting very nice chunks of yards. It is hard to convert 2nd and 15 or 3rd 15 frequently especially when they start playing against top tier opponents. The up-tempo offense was beginning to wear down the AP defensive line at the end of the half and it was apparent at the beginning of the third. If they can get the execution down and limit those mistakes/penalties, Ingleside could be one of those dark horse teams. The defense gave up a couple of big runs and the pass coverage broke down on several occasions, but they adjusted very well from the 2nd Qtr. on. AP ran the slot-t pretty well, but they didn't seem to have tons of speed. You don't really need it if everybody can execute well and get 3-4 yards a play. I would have liked to see how this one would have ended, but I guess there is always next year.

MustangFootball
09-13-2014, 08:49 AM
I liked what I saw when Ingleside wasn't committing offensive penalties. During those drives the offense was getting very nice chunks of yards. It is hard to convert 2nd and 15 or 3rd 15 frequently especially when they start playing against top tier opponents. The up-tempo offense was beginning to wear down the AP defensive line at the end of the half and it was apparent at the beginning of the third. If they can get the execution down and limit those mistakes/penalties, Ingleside could be one of those dark horse teams. The defense gave up a couple of big runs and the pass coverage broke down on several occasions, but they adjusted very well from the 2nd Qtr. on. AP ran the slot-t pretty well, but they didn't seem to have tons of speed. You don't really need it if everybody can execute well and get 3-4 yards a play. I would have liked to see how this one would have ended, but I guess there is always next year.

yeah I like what I saw as well, but those penalties killed us.....that is something that has plague us all season, last week getting 2 back to back on the same drive happened again last night. I really think Jalen needs to work on his passing more his timing is really off, but boy can that kid run the ball that kids got some wheels along with elusiveness....I hope Kyle and Andy make it back for the Rockport game we sure are gonna need those guys.